Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cavauro posted:

pissed that boyd isn't going to get 1,000 yards

Haha imagine how he feels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

All set to join them as soon as the kiddo is in bed.

https://imgur.com/a/83xgjHU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens are going to lose to the Bengals for at least 10 straight years at this rate. There is no way we can keep up with them.

The Ravens are going to be really loving good if they're ever healthy again (assuming lamar gets out of his head)(also I'm coming around to the fire greg roman thing, in the sense that I wanted him to be fired before but now I think he actively needs to be fired)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

greg is good. didnt watch any games this season

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost Dog posted:

greg is good. didnt watch any games this season

On a drive where we had 57 seconds and 1 timeout and had to get to FG range his first two playcalls were short passes in bounds. We ended up on 4th down with the clock at 23 seconds, where we subsequently completed another short pass in bounds then used a timeout.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens are going to be really loving good if they're ever healthy again (assuming lamar gets out of his head)(also I'm coming around to the fire greg roman thing, in the sense that I wanted him to be fired before but now I think he actively needs to be fired)

I do think we can/will be good again but it will be hard to ever keep up with the Bengals unless we get a pass rush worth a drat.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it will be hard to keep up with all of us. Kings.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Play calling aside, the Ravens should be healthy and thus much better next year right?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Play calling aside, the Ravens should be healthy and thus much better next year right?

Yes. We really miss Edwards and Dobbins even though Freeman has been serviceable. There's also hope Stanley will be able to return and that would be a big boost for the line. Plus Humphrey and Peters.

We still have some question marks but we aren't quite THIS bad normally.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Is it just seeding that is affected by next weeks game against the browns?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

bows1 posted:

Is it just seeding that is affected by next weeks game against the browns?

edit: Wait no it says they're out now

So yeah just seeding. Not sure if the Bengals can get the #1 seed in the event of a 3-way tie.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 3, 2022

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thank God this season is over. The Browns shat their pajamas and bed hard willingly for some reason so like every single regular year I look forward to the NFL draft where nothing of significance will result.

We'll always have 2020 and humiliating Ben and the Steelers.

Go Bengals.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the bengals tie for the #1 record in the afc they win it due to conference record. but the titans and chiefs should both easily reach 12 wins

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If the Bengals can't get the one seed I hope the Titans get it because I'm not afraid of going to Tennessee at all. Would rather not play a game in Arrowhead, thank you.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

As a Steelers fan.. I hate this but

The Bengals are so good, this is your time. Don't bungle it

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
A huge part of it is they've just been a remarkably healthy team. If it wasn't for the Bengals losing significantly fewer players then every other AFC North team we probably would have had to wait a year for this kind of result. That said I'm absolutely not complaining and if they can get through the Browns without any major injuries they're almost guaranteed to be healthier than the team they play against.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the titans and bengals meet up there will be 10 sacks in the game and 8 of them will be done by the tennessee afc north titans

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
grats bengos

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I'm ready to be hurt again.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

On a drive where we had 57 seconds and 1 timeout and had to get to FG range his first two playcalls were short passes in bounds. We ended up on 4th down with the clock at 23 seconds, where we subsequently completed another short pass in bounds then used a timeout.

were those passes to wrs tho

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

were those passes to wrs tho

Yes.

Huntley threw a nearly perfect pass to Bateman down the sideline in the first half sometime I think that just got perfectly defended by a Rams DB. I don't know why Roman played so conservatively at the end there. Even if a pick was thrown so be it you have to try. That sequence shows me how bad the coaching is and how poorly they are preparing both Jackson and Huntley to play good situational football.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
is there any reason to play all the starters against the browns or could we rest and still keep the 3 seed? We'd play the colts that would be TOUGH as we couldn't stop the run at all against the Chiefs but seem also to have some bad games. If we lose to the browns would we drop to play the patriots or something?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They will probably play Burrow if Chiefs lose Saturday and rest him otherwise. I don't think they will rest many other people since there they cant call up their entire practice squad or anything short of a covid outbreak

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
There was a majestic raptor sitting on a sign by the roadside with all its beautiful fluffy down. This is always the highlight of my work day and I don't even care about birds.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

the blackbirds are draining my feeders rn they've completely taken over

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

glad to find out greg roman is the ideal modern coordinator

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I had a huge blackbird flock the other day. A nice mix of Red-wingeds, Grackles, Cowbirds and even a bunch of Rustys. Sadly no Yellow-headeds or Brewers but I also didn't get to look at every single bird.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I had a huge blackbird flock the other day. A nice mix of Red-wingeds, Grackles, Cowbirds and even a bunch of Rustys. Sadly no Yellow-headeds or Brewers but I also didn't get to look at every single bird.

these are all red wings and they only come around twice a year during early spring and winter. they've been here longer than usual but it's starting to get really cold so i figure they'll head out soon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is why you use the colon.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bengals and Titans posters are cool and good and both are AFCN teams so I hope one of them goes to the Super Bowl. that's my wishlist.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1054490/Wingspan/ anybody here ever play this? looks interesting

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

this is why you use the colon.

I hate semi-colons. Theyre ugly

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus have you played the game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

Kawalimus have you played the game

Hah yes actually!! I have it on steam and played it last night even :)

I have 17/31 achievements. A european expansion is coming soon. Thatll be a good way for me to get some more familiarity with eurasian birds

Theres one achievement that wants you to "Finish a game having a lower point total than during the game."

I have no idea what this means. Maybe have fewer points after the last round than you went into it with? Just checked a guide and it seems to imply that. Maybe ill do that one next

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 4, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

A good bird game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LL2AtHo1gk

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Kawalimus which bird is Falco Lombardi

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh so that's what that one persons avatar is from

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Raku posted:

Kawalimus which bird is Falco Lombardi

I looked him up. That guy is from star fox. He looks like some sort of hideous amalgamation of many birds.

I haven't played the goose game probably because I hate geese. But it looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
How dare you