Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Mainwaring posted:

I'd avoid the shitpostxiv subreddit if I were you.

How true is that stereotype? I don't get any weird tells in this game like i used to in WoW. I'm assuming it's because my GACHI guild tag scares them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
This Bozjan resistance content is pretty fun. I kind of dig it!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Was Bozja a victim of Covid cuts? The ending makes it feel like there should be another chapter.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

CJ posted:

Was Bozja a victim of Covid cuts? The ending makes it feel like there should be another chapter.

Bozja was delayed a patch due to COVID, yeah.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I fantasia'd to male viera on New Year's as a spur of the moment "gently caress it, it's new year's" thing and while I'm still undecided on if I'll stay with it long term I'm pretty drat happy with my WAR glamour.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't believe we've hit the point where "you need to buy the game to get all the features" is now a sign of money grubbling rear end in a top hat devs lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I changed from cat to au ra when HW released because I was barely attached to my character cuz ARR's story was pretty whatever. Could never think of changing now though!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I changed from cat to au ra when HW released because I was barely attached to my character cuz ARR's story was pretty whatever. Could never think of changing now though!

Yeah, I did ARR as an elezen but changed to hyur with the free Fantasia. But by this point I could never change again.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I can't believe that Reddit is losing their minds over the idea that the game that can't implement dismounting when entering combat is apparently going to integrate NFTs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
dismounting when entering combat would be awful. why would you want tofall off your chocobo every time an enemy aggros on you

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
You dismount when you use an ability.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
They used to slap a slow debuff on you if you got hit on your mount.

It was stupid, so they got rid of it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You used to have to manually dismount to talk to NPCs too lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Steelion posted:

They used to slap a slow debuff on you if you got hit on your mount.

It was stupid, so they got rid of it.

It was a slow debuff anytime you got hit in the back period.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

It was a slow debuff anytime you got hit in the back period.

that is definitely not the case, it was only while mounted

it was also random, not 100% of the time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

cheetah7071 posted:

that is definitely not the case, it was only while mounted

it was also random, not 100% of the time

I could have swore I got tagged on foot, too. Running through the sylphlands used to be such a pain in the rear end.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

I could have swore I got tagged on foot, too. Running through the sylphlands used to be such a pain in the rear end.

it was, but not for that reason

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I always knew male Viera was what I wanted to play, to the point where my original plan was to buy FFXIV when Endwalker came out. However, when I could no longer play WoW because of the Lawsuit making me not want to give Acti-Blizz money I started early.

So I always had in my head the visual of the male Viera I designed, but played a female Viera design I also liked the design of, knowing that it was "wrong" for the story I had in my head of my character.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Saigyouji posted:

I love the Nabaath Pendulums.

I absolutely love that they removed the gender lock on that top.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It is a good point that XIV is such a mess of decade-plus old code that they couldn't add more armory space without getting rid of belts entirely. It'd probably be unfeasible to incorporate blockchain tech into it when you can just build some gacha game with it from the ground up.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

my main character is a male au ra and no amount of lovely memes or tier lists could possibly affect my love for and attachment to his beautiful, gentle soul

https://twitter.com/qestiri/status/1472838876645494785?t=Xmu7EU2is3jBrBudtRZlvA&s=19

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

It is a good point that XIV is such a mess of decade-plus old code that they couldn't add more armory space without getting rid of belts entirely. It'd probably be unfeasible to incorporate blockchain tech into it when you can just build some gacha game with it from the ground up.

I'm hoping the HQ gathering mats being scraped from the database went almost entirely to making new glamour cabinet space in 6.1 somehow

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

male au ra are good. elezen are good. all wols are good.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The workaround is that you just buy the NFT on the mogstation and it gets added to your account through the database as always, but at that point who cares. Have they aggressively changes the cash shop in the last 10 years? If not there's no reason to think they will now.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I was a hrothgar (or occasionally elezen) for all of ARR through ShB, but I've really fallen in love with my bunny boy. Probably gonna stick with this look for a while. I really like that they're adaption most new headgear for viera/hrothgar now, here's hoping they add more support for old stuff!

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

I love the Nabaath Pendulums.

til sea swallows all! :yarr:

side note, gposing sage feels tough; the nouliths are always floating at awkward angles and it's hard to get any sense of momentum or movement from a still image of them.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Begemot posted:

I really like that they're adaption most new headgear for viera/hrothgar now

yeah they’re definitely getting a lot better about this, but also it’s still really inconsistent

as a hrothgar i’m able to wear the heads of war and drg AF5. they’re practically full helmets, but not so much that it can just replace the head. it’s obvious they had to put in work to make those functional

but then… i can’t wear the blm AF5 head. it’s a hat

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

yeah they’re definitely getting a lot better about this, but also it’s still really inconsistent

as a hrothgar i’m able to wear the heads of war and drg AF5. they’re practically full helmets, but not so much that it can just replace the head. it’s obvious they had to put in work to make those functional

but then… i can’t wear the blm AF5 head. it’s a hat

I think the head replacements are actually easier for them than the hats since hats have to actually adjust for more things.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

male au ra are good. elezen are good. all wols are good.

yeah you're right, race tier lists suck and are divisive. went back and edited my list for the only entry that matters, which is S tier

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 3, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Top tier: my catgirl
High tier: your catgirl, your catdad
Bottom tier: your male catgirl

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

bi crimes posted:

yeah you're right, race tier lists suck and are divisive

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

bi crimes posted:

:wtc:

S tier: male viera
top tier: female miqote, female lalafell, male miqote
high tier: female viera, male highlander, female elezen, female roe, male roe, hrothgar
mid tier: male lalafell, female aura, female highlander, male midlander
low tier: male aura, male elezen
the worst combo: female midlander

each tier is in order from best to worst btw

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The important thing imo would be enabling haircuts in glamour plates. I would happily eat 2000 gil every time I swapped to be able to have my hair change, especially because of hair clipping issues with certain outfits.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

noo my tier list has been quoted and will subsequently cause people to feel defensive and bad and/or annoyed

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I think the head replacements are actually easier for them than the hats since hats have to actually adjust for more things.

yeah that’s what i’m saying. those two helmets do not replace the head at all. replacing would be easier. instead they actually made it fit a hroth head

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Professor Beetus posted:

The important thing imo would be enabling haircuts in glamour plates. I would happily eat 2000 gil every time I swapped to be able to have my hair change, especially because of hair clipping issues with certain outfits.

This is just about my #1 QoL thing and I want somebody to ask yoship about it every time he takes questions until they implement it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Well you see with the data transfer limits those extra 4 bytes make it not possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Quarrior of Light changes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Considering haircuts go to the character creation screen and lock out certain things I imagine it's not so easy for their system. Which is silly but hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Badmouthing female elezens got me like