Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
another year of scrolling as fast as I possibly can past those loving Ishida cartoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

After staring at this for a full five minutes, is that supposed to be the Twitter bird projectile-making GBS threads (piles of ash?) on the impenetrable brick wall of free speech? In front of a...different brick wall that is not free speech? This is nigh-incomprehensible visually, in addition to being so vague that it could apply to literally any moment in time since Twitter began.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

UZworm posted:

Yeah McCoy is deffo trying to pretend it wasn't ever actually a real thing.

I think after the NORAD phone call thing where Biden very obviously didn't have a clue what "Let's Go Brandon" was when someone said it directly to him, the embarrassment of the entire conservative movement carrying on with a kindergarten-level dogwhistle because they thought it was a supremely clever cultural movement against Biden while he literally didn't even notice hit them really hard :laffo:

It’s this, I think. It would’ve been like if some liberal yelled “Drumpf!” at Trump on a Santa phone call (instead of him questioning why a kid still believed in Santa :laffo:). Trump would’ve just been confused and continued on and the second hand embarrassment would’ve killed the dumb joke/phrase

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

No one wants unmitigated free speech anymore because Twitter has revealed how lovely people can be when they think there's no consequences. A good cartoon

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The cartoonist has no idea how the first amendment works

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ah, the first cum cartoon of the new year.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

FBS posted:

me-browsing-politoons-thread.png

I dont know posted:

Here's to another year of this poo poo.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Sorry Your Flat Screen TV Is Taking a Little Longer Than Usual

Ted Rall posted:

Tens of millions of Afghans face hunger and starvation this winter due to the collapse of the Afghanistan economy. As Americans whine that supply chain issues have slowed their ability to receive consumer goods, Afghans have a real supply-chain problem: they can’t get food because the United States has frozen the new Taliban government’s funds and refuses to lift brutal economic sanctions.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Is Rall saying America should open up economic trade with Afghanistan? If so, what about Cuba, Rall?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The leading cause of death of police in 2021 was covid, and the increase of police assaults were fights with protestors against police shootings.

Police won't get vaccinated or stop shooting people in 2022, A Pessimistic but Reasonable Prediction.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

holy poo poo

Yeah really giving the game away there.

Conservatives are like "oh you don't want the miserly government to take over your healthcare from your kindly insurance agent do you", but whenever insurance fucks people and refuses to pay they rejoice because they think the savings will trickle down to them in lower premiums.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Hi. This is false.
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2011
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2021
Thanks for playing. Here's your consolation prize.

Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

Tibalt posted:

The leading cause of death of police in 2021 was covid, and the increase of police assaults were fights with protestors against police shootings.

Police won't get vaccinated or stop shooting people in 2022, A Pessimistic but Reasonable Prediction.

They were assaulted and murdered with Covid, not assaulted and murdered by Covid.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Hang on. Are they now saying that's not what "Let's go Brandon" means?

I'm curious what McCoy thinks "Let's Go Brandon" means...

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

JamesBont posted:

He knows what it means and is lying. This is literally just an elementary schooler swearing to the teacher that they were mouthing 'vacuum' at another kid, promise.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson v Tory backbenchers – Prime minister begins 2022 behind Labour in the polls following a string of damaging crises"

Telegraph:

Backlash against face masks in secondary schools as Covid cases ease

Independent:

6m UK homes may be unable to pay energy bills after price hike, charity warns

Times:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Pipe me off from the back Blower, you oval office.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

The next panel would be Kier having somehow fallen on his back at the finish line, unable to rite himself...

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

JamesBont posted:

I mean, it's not even that he's denying that it's what it means. The point is that it's a Democrat who put up the diagram and a Democrat who's being mocked for using "Let's Go Brandon" instead of "gently caress Joe Biden".

I'm willing to bet that McCoy is desperately trying to deflect from conservatives having created and spread this pathetic meme and blame it on Democrats who are disappointed in Biden (because Lord knows idiot Twitter leftists have grabbed it too) so that he can call Democrats childish and idiots.

Because he knows real men (i.e., Republicans) actually just say gently caress Joe Biden:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You’re a pretty lame leftist if you say the brandon meme. Cuss about Biden like you mean it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I appreciate the meme because it makes it piss easy to tell if someone hates Joe Biden because they were rooting for presinald big wet baby or if they hate him for any of the many legitimate reasons to do so.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

You’re a pretty lame leftist if you say the brandon meme. Cuss about Biden like you mean it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
scr*w B*den t* h*ck

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

When Biden just said it right back that should have ended it, like the way "Thanks Obama" ended.

We'll see.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

"Let's go Brandon" just isn't fun for them if everyone already knows what it actually means.
They need it to be their cheeky little dogwhistle so they can pretend they're revolutionaries speaking in code from behind enemy lines.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

IT’S HAMMER TIME

Bill and Hillary
Tried to stop their pillory

Pedophilia got exposed

Late nights on an island with Epstein
Oh, oh oh oh

Bang! Bang! Maxwell’s silver hammer
came down on Bill’s head
Hillary’s presidential hopes

soon became dead!

Back in jail again,
Ghislaine appealed her case again,
Prince Andrew got annoyed
Wishing to avoid another sweaty scene

Oh, oh oh oh

But when he turns his back on the gal
She creeps up from behind
Bang! Bang! Maxwell’s silver hammer
came down on his head. Clang! Clang!
Maxwell’s silver hammer made sure
his reputation was dead!

I’ve mangled a few verses from an old Beatles song and if you’re not a Boomer you may not recognize it. I changed the lyrics to match Ghislaine Maxwell’s recent ‘guilty’ conviction and her ability to expose others who abused underaged females.

There are a lot of unanswered questions when it comes to the Epstein/Maxwell partnership. There is a long list of famous visitors to “Orgy” Island, where Epstein was king. His creepy blue and white demonic temple structure…what was it for? Were there underground tunnels and chambers that held children? Did he really film the activities of visitors both on the island and at his other properties? Did Epstein amass his fortune by bribing his visitors? Did the FBI, now known to be the strong arm of the Democrat party, confiscate everything to protect powerful people? Did Epstein commit suicide or was he murdered? Is he still alive and in hiding? Did he have a body double in prison? Does Ghislaine Maxwell have a similar double? Were Epstein and Maxwell both working as spies for the Mossad? The questions seem endless.

Ghislaine’s brother claimed she would never ‘rat out’ Epstein’s visitors in exchange for a lighter sentence. This may or may not be the case, but such an intent had to be made clear. After all, if she announced she would spill the beans on powerful men, her days alive might be rendered short. Maxwell also says she will never commit suicide, but John McAfee said the same thing.

On the other hand, she is accustomed to living a jet-setting life of luxury and now faces the rest of her life under harsh prison conditions. Why not bargain for a lesser sentence? Maybe that’s her hidden plan.

Meanwhile, Prince Andrew faces his own civil suit. His accuser was an under-aged girl when Epstein assigned her to Andrew. She went with the prince to a disco, where he danced and sweated on her profusely. She thought he was disgusting and he later forced himself upon her three times. He denies everything. He claims the famous photo of him with his arm around her waist was faked. He says he has no recollection of the girl whatsoever and claims he cannot sweat due to an adrenaline overdose that occurred during his days of a Falkland Islands War helicopter pilot. Andrew doesn’t want to release his medical records to the prosecution in order to prove his no sweat claim. A judge can order some sweat tests, though…so if Andrew is lying (I think he is) we’ll see him rejected by royalty and me may be forced to live the rest of his life in exile.

As for the rest of the guilty parties, I suspect nothing will happen to them. Nobody will get to the bottom of it. The Big Club members are above the law and remain out of the reach of justice. Nobody else will face the silver hammer.

— Ben Garrison

Only boomers are familiar with The Beatles.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Raised By Birds posted:

There's an edit in here about that being the Cum Hammer, but I am not good enough at image editing to make it happen.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Getting bonked by the Horny / Cum Hammer almosts feels normal by Garrisons standards.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raised By Birds posted:

I'm not sure drawing the woman who ran an underage prostitution ring as an instrument of justice is quite the right move here.

Another thing that might have been a wrong move was drawing that hammer with giant boobs.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

'You can't make everything free': PM rejects calls for free rapid antigen tests for everyone (SBS) "Prime Minister Scott Morrison says rapid antigen tests are not medicines and the federal government won't be heeding calls to make them free for all, adding that there are plans for concessional access."

Leak, Son of Leak:

Victorian man charged with arson over fire that damaged entrance to Old Parliament House (ABC).
The Australian's paywalled opinion piece has the title "Woke media asleep to burning irony of insult to democracy at Old Parliament House", presumably about how the police allowed protesters to perform an smoking ceremony.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Garrison is absolutely setting up cum edits now. It's how he gets more attention.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fool of sound posted:

He knows what it means and is lying. This is literally just an elementary schooler swearing to the teacher that they were mouthing 'vacuum' at another kid, promise.

Glenn McCoy posted:

And one major detail that the press, and most of the people spewing hate at me didn’t bother to notice or acknowledge, is that the woman in my cartoon A) doesn’t even look like Sandra Fluke (According to many of the people who critiqued me), and B) Isn’t even labeled Sandra Fluke. So basically, it’s a generic woman, saying what many ultra-liberal feminists have said before, specifically that government should stay out of their wombs, but still provide them with free birth control, which is the definition of hypocrisy. On top of it, many who wrote me said the statement in the cartoon isn’t even something that Miss Fluke has said. So there you have it, a woman not labeled Sandra Fluke, who doesn’t look like Sandra Fluke, saying something that Sandra Fluke has apparently not said. Yet, I’m hit with everything from being labeled a misogynist, to personal threats for calling Sandra Fluke a “slut”. This sort of knee-jerk reactionism makes the Rockettes look like a Tennessee Waltz dance act.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So does Garrison just pretend Trump never went to Epstein's island or is he one of the (extra) deranged who say Trump DID go but it was so he could personally collect evidence to build a stronger case against Epstein?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I think he's acknowledge it once but he resorted to whataboutism, basically "Why do liberals care about Trump visiting the island a few times when Bill Clinton visited it so many more times?"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

(because Lord knows idiot Twitter leftists have grabbed it too)

I don't think this is true. They've been saying gently caress joe biden since before he was president.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I think he's acknowledge it once but he resorted to whataboutism, basically "Why do liberals care about Trump visiting the island a few times when Bill Clinton visited it so many more times?"

No surprise that Garrison is one of those confused at the idea that people who dislike Trump would be more than happy for Bill Clinton to rot in jail alongside him if he's guilty as well.

Has he ever commented on the fact Trump used to be a big Clinton supporter and that there are numerous photos of him, Bill and Hillary hanging out together apparently getting on just great? Or was that another instance of Detective Trump taking it upon himself to build up evidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
I've said it before but I'll say it again: The only reason that Garrison and his ilk are upset about this whole Epstein stuff is because they wanted this to come out 20 years ago when it would have done the most damage to the Clintons