Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

adhuin posted:

I Have to design some new macros then to manufacture 580 gear. :neckbeard:

No clue what master recipe crafts will look like, but the stock-standard rotation right now is something along the lines of MuM -> Manip II -> Waste Not II -> Groundwork x2 -> Preparatory x5 -> Innovation -> Trained Finesse -> Great Strides -> Byregot's -> Groundwork. Regular melds with an eye to Craftsmanship and CP, along with Bouillabaisse or Tsai, should get you 100% HQ every time. I imagine master crafts will look similar, but you'll probably fit in an extra Trained Finesse before Great Strides and maybe use Veneration on the first two Groundworks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

adhuin posted:

Is that widely used?

My macros are 99% started with Reflect to get that HQ train going.

Gets used on expert crafts but they have crazy progress requirements. So far nothing in ew has made me want to use it outside of just speed crafting nq bits.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

adhuin posted:

I Have to design some new macros then to manufacture 580 gear. :neckbeard:

You'd be surprised how fast someone posts a macro to the balance. The last 4 raid tiers I've gotten a macro that's worked with my set. The only time I've been close to not being able to craft something was in 5.05 and that was because the craftsman req was kinda insane compared to alphascape and I barely skirted by because I always go hard on my melds.

I think people already have an idea what the 2 star reqs will be though and have stuff lined up.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

CJ posted:

Was Bozja a victim of Covid cuts? The ending makes it feel like there should be another chapter.

In a way. Bozja's ending seems to imply plans changed somewhere along the way. It seems set up for a final chapter in Dalmasca, but then the notes hastily cut that off and Matsuno parted ways with the FF14 team. I dunno if we'll ever know precisely what happened there.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Fiye posted:

You'd be surprised how fast someone posts a macro to the balance.

Yeah, but I love figuring it out myself.

Trial synthesis is really good way to just try out different variations and how well they work with your stats.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my macro for making the level 90 stuff (like crafting/gathering gear, sykon bavarois, purple scrip collectables) is this:

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac Manipulation <wait.2>
/ac "Waste Not II" <wait.2>
/ac "Innovation" <wait.2>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac "Veneration" <wait.2>
/ac "Groundwork" <wait.3>

imo reflect is still good as it saves you a prep touch to get to 10 inner quiet stacks

this worked for me as soon as i got my HQ crafting set, and only got easier as i melded it up.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It sounds like the new Ivalice holds no place for the name Dalmasca...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Professor Beetus posted:

People overreacting to things is like, 95% of YouTube's content. The other 5% is made up of mostly helpful how to and recipe vids.

Sometimes both
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7b2_MUdsTk

On that note I'm probably going to the store tomorrow and should decide on a new recipe from the ff14 cookbook to do. I've had chicken stew and beef stew recently so probably something non-stewish lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

my macro for making the level 90 stuff (like crafting/gathering gear, sykon bavarois, purple scrip collectables) is this:

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac Manipulation <wait.2>
/ac "Veneration" <wait.2>

imo reflect is still good as it saves you a prep touch to get to 10 inner quiet stacks

this worked for me as soon as i got my HQ crafting set, and only got easier as i melded it up.

The main reason for MuM over Reflect is that 5x Prep and 2x Groundwork lets you squeeze maximum efficiency out of Waste Not II. The aforementioned rotation also gives you an Innovation-boosted Trained Finesse, which you can either use for guaranteed HQ on harder crafts, or swap out for a Tricks line pre-Great Strides to avoid Excellent spaghetti when you're macro crafting pots or collectables.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
On a crafting note, one of the funniest moments of the holiday event to me (besides the belt joke) was closing your eyes to try and listen to the voices of the elementals.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Waffleman_ posted:

It is a good point that XIV is such a mess of decade-plus old code that they couldn't add more armory space without getting rid of belts entirely. It'd probably be unfeasible to incorporate blockchain tech into it when you can just build some gacha game with it from the ground up.

"Give FFXIV the budget to rework the code into something that doesn't hold them back so much!"

*monkey's paw finger curls*

"Coming in 7.0, we're finally improving the engine for FFXIV! On a separate note, here's a first look at the new Limited Job Beast Master, available on *insert Blockchain marketplace*! Capture monsters and then sell your access to the Job to someone else now that it's worth more due to the unlocks moving with the Job!"

CJ posted:

The workaround is that you just buy the NFT on the mogstation and it gets added to your account through the database as always, but at that point who cares. Have they aggressively changes the cash shop in the last 10 years? If not there's no reason to think they will now.

They updated it quite significantly just a few months ago. It's not a whole lot better (it still doesn't have a search feature, just a filter list), but it looks better and isn't inherently joined to Mogstation's hip so it's better to navigate.

Waffleman_ posted:

FFXIV runs on Crystal Tools, which ran XIII, not Luminous, which runs XV. Luminous has been used to run two games, Final Fantasy XV and the upcoming Forspoken.

1.0 was Crystal Tools, but they changed to Luminous for 2.0.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't have that option, is there something I need to do to unlock the ability to buy master books?

Also, something else that's annoying is that I had all these macros for Ishgard Restoration and SB/ShB stuff, but a lot of them don't work anymore. I guess some crafting abilities went away?? It's pretty annoying

Crafting has had more than one rework done to it since HW. There was a massive change in StB that changed crossclass skills, ShB had a couple changes that removed and simplified abilities and added a crafting combo, and EW reworked how Inner Quiet works. All of this means that crafting is much easier to parse if you're doing your own stuff, but macros from before EW's launch are completely dead.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Saigyouji posted:

I love the Nabaath Pendulums.

Which body piece is this, and can it be dyed? I've been after a decently pirate-ish glam for my Sage for ages (also give casters the Buccaneer's Tricorne model, SE! :argh)

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Oh no your Watermelon's about to go overboard! :ohdear:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Someone hundreds of posts ago someone mentioned the Scions mostly have white or blonde hair and I just noticed my WoL currently also has white-grey hair.

This must be peer pressure.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Captain Oblivious posted:

In a way. Bozja's ending seems to imply plans changed somewhere along the way. It seems set up for a final chapter in Dalmasca, but then the notes hastily cut that off and Matsuno parted ways with the FF14 team. I dunno if we'll ever know precisely what happened there.

I just hope it doesn't mean they cancelled plans for a similar zone/mechanic in EW. The endgame needs something like that to keep it going for two years.

Or someone made the decision to cut any planned Garlemald content since that side of the story is supposed to be resolved. Maybe they thought it would take the wind out of EW's sails if the rogue legions are still doing their thing.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

stev posted:

I just hope it doesn't mean they cancelled plans for a similar zone/mechanic in EW. The endgame needs something like that to keep it going for two years.

Or someone made the decision to cut any planned Garlemald content since that side of the story is supposed to be resolved. Maybe they thought it would take the wind out of EW's sails if the rogue legions are still doing their thing.

Unless they cancel the Relic they'll have one. Don't know if they're going to tie in the new Deep Dungeon to the relic steps. Relic steps have been pretty consistently released in the .25 patch for 2 xpacs now and I'm hoping its more Anemos and less "Spend 1k poetics for an instant relic weapon"

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Kazy posted:

Which body piece is this, and can it be dyed? I've been after a decently pirate-ish glam for my Sage for ages (also give casters the Buccaneer's Tricorne model, SE! :argh)

It’s the high house justaucorps and it is dyable.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I swapped to elezen in Stormblood I think and planned to fantasia to bun, roe, and back to my OG au ra at each expansion start. I've got 6 looks and names saved as alts. But the ShB and EW cutscenes became so expressive that now that's my WoL and can't change. I'm going to have to boost an alt or two at some point.

That said elezen does look uncanny valley off occasionally, usually it's the neck. It bothers me for a while then I hit another good cutscene and all's well.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

stev posted:

Both Bozja and Eureka were wildly successful. I would be very surprised if they didn’t do something similar even if Matsuno and Dalmasca aren’t going to be part of it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

stev posted:

Or someone made the decision to cut any planned Garlemald content

Can't believe we've had years of buildup to expansionist, technological marvel Garlemald and then we get there and it's a fifty-square foot pile of garbage.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oof. I'm finally feeling the pressure of only having so many glamour plates. I mostly use a few that work with every class and have a couple casual glams, but now I've got a bunch that are Job specific that I really like. I've narrowed it down to a few Jobs (and Healer), but there's still more I want to make. :argh:

Dragoon's next on the chopping block since that's really only there for the weapon and it's not even max level yet. As soon as I get gear to replace the BTN set I'll be needing that slot.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think Male Au Ra look awesome, and I wish the female Au Ra were as tall and buff as them (or more specifically, have some options where both the current au ra girls and tall buff ones could exist).

If female Au Ra were buff Sadu would be too powerful.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Onean posted:

Oof. I'm finally feeling the pressure of only having so many glamour plates. I mostly use a few that work with every class and have a couple casual glams, but now I've got a bunch that are Job specific that I really like. I've narrowed it down to a few Jobs (and Healer), but there's still more I want to make. :argh:

Dragoon's next on the chopping block since that's really only there for the weapon and it's not even max level yet. As soon as I get gear to replace the BTN set I'll be needing that slot.

I'd say nin is a safe cut because no one shares scouting, so you can just glamour the gear and not have to worry about it looking bad on the other scouting job (because it doesn't exist)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Onean posted:

Oof. I'm finally feeling the pressure of only having so many glamour plates.

I'm having the opposite problem - I switched to a bunnyman and I honestly can't justify anything other than the default bunnymen outfit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bleck posted:

Can't believe we've had years of buildup to expansionist, technological marvel Garlemald and then we get there and it's a fifty-square foot pile of garbage.

I'm pretty sure the reason Bozja is cut short is the actions of Fandaniel, Zenos, and the telophoroi. The legions across the globe aren't going to suddenly keep fighting when the capitol was destroyed. They may hold ground, but generally they're not going to continue advancing - they're trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on at home. The Garlean empire is destroyed by Fandanial concurrently with some of the later events of Bozja.

Also there is no way that the capitol is the only city in the empire. There's certainly more areas, but we haven't had reason to go there yet. All those clouds on the world map are not just covering mountains.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 3, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Eimi posted:

I'd say nin is a safe cut because no one shares scouting, so you can just glamour the gear and not have to worry about it looking bad on the other scouting job (because it doesn't exist)

Oh, that's a good idea. It's a tertiary class for me anyways, since I primarily play tanks and healers and prefer Dancer when I'm PvE DPS and Bard if I'm doing PvP DPS. That means not a lot of gear turnover for Ninja.

Bleck posted:

I'm having the opposite problem - I switched to a bunnyman and I honestly can't justify anything other than the default bunnymen outfit.

It's a good set. I really wish it was available for the women too, at least the chest and leg looks.

Onean fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 3, 2022

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Estinien really emulates the real player dynamic in his trust implementation. During my first run of the Hydaelyn trial he had a stack marker on him - the team all moved into position only for him to Dragonfire Dive away to one of the crystal adds at the last moment - killing him instantly.

Which I've done myself several times. It was just fun seeing a bot make the same mistake.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

stev posted:

Estinien really emulates the real player dynamic in his trust implementation. During my first run of the Hydaelyn trial he had a stack marker on him - the team all moved into position only for him to Dragonfire Dive away to one of the crystal adds at the last moment - killing him instantly.

Which I've done myself several times. It was just fun seeing a bot make the same mistake.

lol dragoon

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vermain posted:

No clue what master recipe crafts will look like, but the stock-standard rotation right now is something along the lines of MuM -> Manip II -> Waste Not II -> Groundwork x2 -> Preparatory x5 -> Innovation -> Trained Finesse -> Great Strides -> Byregot's -> Groundwork. Regular melds with an eye to Craftsmanship and CP, along with Bouillabaisse or Tsai, should get you 100% HQ every time. I imagine master crafts will look similar, but you'll probably fit in an extra Trained Finesse before Great Strides and maybe use Veneration on the first two Groundworks.

Eh? That's so unnecessarily complicated. Basic melded i560 gear works to HQ everything that exists currently with Reflect -> Mani -> WN2 -> Prep x2 -> Inno -> Prep x2 -> GS -> Byre -> Vene -> Groundwork x3

E: beaten, apparently

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 3, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

stev posted:

I respect him

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Just realized they avoided Garlean overworld mobs for StB just like Sin Eaters in ShB, but that means the various Eorzean castra are just getting more and more into Japanese holdout status as time passes.

Like do they even know about Solus dying? That was early ARR patch content right?

stev posted:

You underestimate me!

Algid fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 3, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason Bozja is cut short is the actions of Fandaniel, Zenos, and the telophoroi. The legions across the globe aren't going to suddenly keep fighting when the capitol was destroyed. They may hold ground, but generally they're not going to continue advancing - they're trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on at home. The Garlemald empire is destroyed by Fandanial concurrently with some of the later events of Bozja.

Also there is no way that the capitol is the only city in the empire. There's certainly more areas, but we haven't had reason to go there yet. All those clouds on the world map are not just covering mountains.

This could have potentially been handled by pointing out that Gabranth was kind of a break-away legatus to begin with and the people under his command were more loyal to him personally and to his professed ideals than they were to the Garlean empire. So even after Garlemald has fallen and most of the legions are dispersed or surrendered, there would still be room to have a remnant legion off doing their thing that needs to be cleaned up because, kinder and gentler though they may be, they're nevertheless occupying Dalmasca and the bulk of the locals don't appreciate it.

Unfortunately it sounds like it's a dropped plot due to staffing and dev focus changes though.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Algid posted:

You underestimate me!

Estinien and Alisaie both say that, which got really annoying by the time I finished leveling my trusts, even though I had the sound off for a large portion of it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason Bozja is cut short is the actions of Fandaniel, Zenos, and the telophoroi. The legions across the globe aren't going to suddenly keep fighting when the capitol was destroyed. They may hold ground, but generally they're not going to continue advancing - they're trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on at home. The Garlemald empire is destroyed by Fandanial concurrently with some of the later events of Bozja.

This kind of adds to the evidence that early plans were for 6.0 to be more focussed on Garlemald and the fall of the empire was brought forward. When work started on Bozja's plot the plan may well have been for Garlemald to fall at the end of 6.0 or in the 6.x patches giving time for that story to be properly resolved - and they had to come up with a plan B when the direction changed.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope the next Relic zone is more like Eureka than Bozja. Now that I've cleared BA and completed everything I set out to do in Eureka, I feel confident saying that it was a much more fun experience than Bozja. Bozja is more player friendly sure but it's way more loving boring. Both zones are like Hydatos and have zero interesting geometry or navigation, just a big open space.

I like CEs and they were a great addition that Bozja brought to the table though, but Bozja did not have that great feeling of being spooked walking around an area and then coming back later and just waltzing by because the monsters wont own you anymore. Or having to drop down cliffs and carefully navigate tunnels without getting owned by sleeping dragons. It was an adventure! The sense of adversity in the zone also meant there's people actually interacting with eachother and not just shitposting in shout chat. No one waits for people for skirmishes in Bozja but people will wait for stragglers all the time in Eureka, or go and help people who are stuck or rez them etc. It was great. And I did half of Eureka when it was current (and only the other half now) and it was the same back then so I know it's not a new thing!

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 3, 2022

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

anyone else still dealing with 90002 and 90006 disconnects? this only started happening during endwalker. i’ve tried a bunch of solutions i’ve found online but this poo poo is still happening at least once a day, always during dungeons.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Eh? That's so unnecessarily complicated. Basic melded i560 gear works to HQ everything that exists currently with Reflect -> Mani -> WN2 -> Prep x2 -> Inno -> Prep x2 -> GS -> Byre -> Vene -> Groundwork x3

You don't need the Trained Finesse to guarantee HQ on most crafts, assuming you've melded well. I still prefer the aforementioned rotation for macro crafting, since you can fit in a Tricks line into the macro to avoid a Poor Byregot's much more easily. Trying to do it with that rotation in a way that doesn't short Innovation (Prep 3x -> Inno -> Prep -> GS -> Byregot's) leaves me at about 96% HQ without any Good/Excellent procs.

Here's the full version of the macro I'm using for 90 crafts. Stats are 3202 Craftsmanship, 3014 Control, 529 CP.

quote:

/ac "Muscle Memory" <wait.3>
/ac "Manipulation" <wait.2>
/ac "Tricks of the Trade" <wait.3>

This is a guaranteed 100% HQ without Good/Excellent procs and also avoids Excellent spaghetti thanks to the Tricks line.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 3, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What are some good gun glamour options for mch? I currently use one that just looks like a plain rear end oldschool rifle, and I have ye old le Makai gun stored away, but not really any others. It seems like a lot of the current endgame ones look really thin and awkward, I'd like something more substantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Sinteres posted:

Estinien and Alisaie both say that, which got really annoying by the time I finished leveling my trusts, even though I had the sound off for a large portion of it.

I liked when Ryne would yell "got you!" because I liked to imagine she was yelling "gently caress you" instead.