Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not supporting my husband’s “anti horse procedures?”

He's not going far enough, horses are a menace that have plagued this earth far too long.

uh gently caress horse snype

AITA for saying horses aren't real to my "Horsegirl" sister?

quote:

so i (f17) have a (f12) sister. She LOVES horses. She's been riding horses since she was 6 and her room is filled with horse posters, she talks about them all the time, etc. I like to tease her by saying that horses are made up, not real or a human invention. She gets upset and mad at me, and my mom recently has told me to stop doing this. AITA?

AITA for selling my disabled daughter's horse then threatening to kick her out

quote:

This post was written by my mom but I'm the one with the reddit account. I just want this settled

Some important Information. To buy a different horse would be more expensive than to buy back twister and to hire a professional trainer to work through the damage done by the new owners as it is out of my skill level.

My daughter(F20) has ridden horses since she was two. I had very little to do with this as it was my mother who was involved in the lessons, showing, paying for horses etc.

Last year we were given three horses one of which twister was given to my daughter. Day one he turned and kicked my daughter hard. She now has a limp and a scar on her thigh. I made up my mind then that he was no good. My daughter continued to work with twister for months and according to my daughter they had made progress. I don't know if it is true as I never went out to the barn.

I decided to sell him. My daughter tried to protest but I threatened to kick her out. She is severely disabled and cannot work and kicking her out would leave her homeless she knows this and didn't protest as twister was taken.

She has been acting sad ever since and won't go out to the pasture anymore. I promised she could get any horse she wants but she says she only wants twister. This month would have been one year since she got twister and her asking is getting worse and she's crying every day. It's so annoying so I told her she could either shut up or get out and she'd have a week to leave.

AITA

Edit: for those of you saying this is a troll trust me I wish it was. For clarity i am the daughter of this story and the account is mine. I had my mom write the post then I proofread it and add any Information that she left out. The reason she threatened to kick me out is because she knows it triggers my anxiety and I shut down and become very agreeable. I was hoping the responses here would make her see her behavior as wrong.

Some more Information. I was 100% in charge of twister's care and my mom wasn't paying for a single thing

Edit 2: My mom refuses to look at the responses but luckily my grandmothers on my side and freaked out where she learned my mom threatened to kick me out yesterday. my grandmother owns the property we live on and i have a feeling if she tries again she'll be the one moving out. mom is already in hot water for her attitude recently.

[Serious] My (35M) girlfriend (24F) wants me to act like a horse when we have sex, and I’m not into it at all.

quote:

So, tiny bit of backstory, my girlfriend of 6 months loves horses, has all her life. An additional, seemingly relevant point is, during sex, she sometimes says stuff like ‘f*** me with that horse cock’. I’ve never thought much of it, I thought that was just a way of her saying it’s big. But she’s started to take it further and it’s turned into a bit of a fetish that I’m not entirely comfortable with. A few days ago, she told me she wanted to roleplay, and at first I was pretty on board, but then she said as horses. I laughed, thinking it was a joke and she took it the wrong way, and said she was tired and then went to sleep. I said gently caress it and, trying to make her feel better, said I’d do it the following day. Honestly it was okay but very, very weird, she got so into it and said it was the best she ever had, and next time wanted to buy costumes, and maybe do it on some hay. I told her no, and I didn’t want to do it again and she’s back to being mad at me. Am I being a dick here? I don’t know what to do. Sorry if wrong sub, just wanted a second opinion

les enfants Terrific! fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

it's been my experience that heavily religious families don't even know their own kids, their parents live in a fog where they unquestioningly believe everything they're told about teenagers while stoically ignoring everything their actual teen is trying to tell them. all teens are horny rulebreakers trying to smoke drugs, because that's how it is on the television, and if their lives are dramatic like television they can turn their faces away from the all-sucking void of nullity that has swallowed their entire personality.

They don't need to be heavily religious, but it helps. Just full on boomer brain, the TV is their reality and reality is an inconvenient intrusion to be ignored with a blank expression or dismissed aggressively.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my parents I would not visit them again until they learned sign language?

some redditors are helpfully calling her a liar, because how can she tell that they're yelling if she's deaf

My friend is a special needs teacher for younger kids (~10 years old) down in Florida and he told me that he's got a little deaf boy in his class and neither his parents nor his two siblings can sign. He was pursuing a degree in ASL Interpreting before switching, and he's got an interpreting assistant in class, and neither of them can get the kid's parents to care. Ten loving years to learn to sign for their kid's sake and instead they did nothing and now he's got huge language issues.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Cthulu Carl posted:

The OP will be thanking her husband when she sees that horse walk out of the that old lady's house and it's standing like a person, and it's covered in blood. My god, there's blood everywhere!

Running for you life (from a miniature horse)
He's brandishing a knife (it's a miniature horse)
Lurking in the shadows
Old lady neighbor's miniature horse!

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Running for you life (from a miniature horse)
He's brandishing a knife (it's a miniature horse)
Lurking in the shadows
Old lady neighbor's miniature horse!

I hate how well this works

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Chloe Jessica posted:

poor husband, thought of horses and died

Reading up on horse tranqs, but for actually tranquilizing horses.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Cowslips Warren posted:

loving hell man. I remember being in a vet office where people were bringing their pets to be put down (and you can always tell who is there for that) and everyone is bawling like loving babies and offering tissues. Who the gently caress doesn't?

big stereotypical strong manly men, who swallow those emotions till they form tiny needles that spike into your guts and have to be removed by an Amazonian shaman

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for kicking my husband out of the delivery room?

quote:

I (23F) and my husband (24M) just had our first baby. My husband was so excited and was super supportive and caring throughout the pregnancy. The only this is that he became slightly obsessed with watching YouTube and TikTok videos of husbands pulling pranks on their wives while in labor. I didn’t mind at first but then he started casually joking about doing things he saw in the videos saying it would be funny.

I clearly stated my distaste for them and asked him not to do anything like what he saw. He agreed and continued to joke about it time to time but I brushed it off since I trusted him and thought nothing would come of it. The day of the delivery came and I had been in labor for 8 hrs (12 hr total labor). I had just finished another round of contractions when my husband let out the loudest fart, turned to me and said, “what the hell have you been eating OP? It smells disgusting” I immediately recognized that as one of the pranks in the videos. Outraged at him not honoring what I asked him not to do I demanded that he leave the room. He started yo arguing saying it was just a joke but I insisted and luckily the nurse helped get him out. I went through the last 4 hrs of labor by myself since my family lives out of state and I’m not close to my MIL.

After the delivery I told the nurse he could come back into the room and he was fuming. He started demanding that I tell him why I kicked him out. I calmly told him the reason but he was pissed. He hasn’t talked to me in a week. His mom is taking his side saying that I was a complete bitch for kicking him out. Normally he will defend me from her but this time he completely agreed. I might be the rear end in a top hat because I know how much he was looking forward to being there for the birth of our first kid and especially when he got to cut the cord, but I still kicked him out and refused to let him back in. The nursed asked a few times if I wanted him back but each time I said no. AITA for kicking out my husband after a stupid prank he agreed not to do?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
"please take it seriously while I am in the middle of literally pushing a human out of my body"

*Plays fart prank*

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not supporting my husband’s “anti horse procedures?”

hbomberguy posts on reddit?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

les enfants Terrific! posted:

He's not going far enough, horses are a menace that have plagued this earth far too long.

uh gently caress horse snype

AITA for saying horses aren't real to my "Horsegirl" sister?

lol that's the kind of thing my older sister liked doing to me. NTA, she'll grow up one day and think it's a funny story to tell people.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Hughlander posted:

AITA for kicking my husband out of the delivery room?

Sure you're having actual labor, but did you think how hard it was for me not to be able to do the stupid thing I saw on the internet?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My [23F] future SIL [24F] makes gagging sounds whenever my fiancé [24M] and I show affection or we compliment each other in front of her.

quote:

The title basically says it all. My fiancé and I have been together for almost 4 years. My fiancé’s brother [26M] and his wife have been married 3 years. His wife, we’ll call her Jane, always makes gagging/fake vomiting sounds/actions whenever my fiancé and I give a quick kiss in front of them, I say he’s handsome or that I love him and vice versa for him to me, or anything having to do with love. I will also mention she will do this even if it’s a movie or tv show with people kissing or being romantic in any way.

Background on Jane, she was in an extremely abusive relationship in the past which made her asexual. Her husband (my fiancé’s brother) is a pastor. She also struggles with depression and anxiety, gender identity, and may be potentially on the autism spectrum. So I understand if physical affection is just something she does not completely enjoy.

However, her making gagging/retching sounds every time (and it really is every time) I even just compliment my fiancé lovingly (nothing is ever over the top, just a simple “He’s really handsome”) is becoming annoying and is coming off very rude. How would I approach this in a calm way or try to place a boundary respectfully? So far I have been brushing it off/ignoring it, or saying things that come off as passive aggressive, which I don’t like to do. Advice is appreciated!

TL;DR: Future SIL makes vomiting/retching sounds every time my fiancé and I are outwardly loving towards each other. How can I address this calmly?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I wonder if "please don't do that" is considered passive aggressive.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
barf

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

My [23F] future SIL [24F] makes gagging sounds whenever my fiancé [24M] and I show affection or we compliment each other in front of her.

Fuckin straights just shoving their depraved lifestyle in everyones faces.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

"I calmly told him the reason"

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for watching and doing nothing to help my husband when he was extremely ill?

quote:

My (27f) husband "Tim" (36m) has a serious dairy allergy. I'm talking about an actual immune system reaction, not intolerance. His allergy is serious enough to cause acute Enterocolitis, but he hasn't needed an epi-pen since he was a kid.

I work full time and also have some seasonal work this holiday season because Tim has been without work, and money has been very tight. As a result, I barely get to rest. The holiday are especially hard, and I found myself getting just one day off every 2 weeks for almost 2 months straight. As you can imagine, that day off means the universe to me.

Now, Tim LOVES dairy, and will sometimes intentionally eat things which trigger his allergy. Lately, it's gotten out of hand, with him going from one risky meal every 4-6 months, to every 2 or so weeks. In fact, it always seemed to coincidentally line up with my time off, and I found myself spending my one day taking care of him. Last week, I finally asked him if he was intentionally timing it to line up with my day off. I fully expected him to say no, but he admitted that he was doing it to make sure that he'd have a nurse, and so he'd have someone close by in case he had an especially adverse reaction and needed a hospital. I was livid, and told him that he was selfish, robbing me of my rest. I said that if he made himself sick again, I wouldn't take care of him. I'm exhausted and I need to decompress. He didn't say much, so I thought he'd heard me.

Fast forward to Friday night. I get home from work, and a few minutes in, Tim gets a pizza delivered. I ask him why, when I'm making dinner and he shrugs. I ask if a large garlic Alfredo pizza is worth the pain, and remind him that I won't be giving up my rest day again. He smirks and eats an entire slice while grinning at me. I left it at that and went back to my dinner.

Predictably, he got sick, profusely vomiting, retching and groaning from the intense cramping and diarrhea. I slept in the guest room to get away from the sound and smell. He called for me several times and I repeatedly told him no. Hours later, he was still sick and woke me up at the crack of dawn to go get him pedialyte and meds because he was very dehydrated and still in pain. I told him to order it in and asked him to get out and let me sleep.

He was still whimpering when I eventually got up to shower and eat. Again, I did nothing to help or comfort him. By evening, he was sulking, and by morning when I had to work, he was enraged. He yelled, and by the end of the day he'd told our friends and family that he nearly died and I neglected him. His family accused me of passively trying to kill him. His mom called, shouting that he could've had a life threatening reaction due to my petty actions, and that I'm a poo poo wife for not minding his health. I'm starting to feel guilty because she's right and he could've been seriously hurt.

TLDR; AITA for doing nothing to help my husband after he suffered an acute allergic reaction which he intentionally triggered?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for watching and doing nothing to help my husband when he was extremely ill?

Divorce this load.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Chloe Jessica posted:

poor husband, thought of horses and died

poor brain, thought of horses and fried

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

8one6 posted:

Divorce this load.

Oh you're taking the side of the woman who CALLOUSLY IGNORED HER HUSBAND'S PLEAS FOR HELP and LOVE and CARE while he was shitpuking himself to dehydration over a pizza

Of course, have one little day of spiteshitting every couple weeks and suddenly you're the bad guy

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

What is this dude bringing to the table in this relationship?!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Soylent Pudding posted:

He wasn’t extremely ill, he was enjoying his fine crop of consequences

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A pizza

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why, the finest prize he can possibly think of - taking care of him while he projectile vomits and has violent, watery shits.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for sending my sil tiktoks to family group chat causing her an anxiety attack

quote:

When I(28f) first met my sister in law Anne (30) I heard about her having a tiktok account based around her looking after her old/disabled cats but don’t use tiktok so I never checked it out

That was until my husbands niece asked to meet for coffee to talk. At first she asked me how I was doing mentally and what I had against my brothers girlfriend Anne

I was beyond clueless because I thought we (me&anne) were ok relationship wise, now don’t get me wrong I haven’t spoke to her much because I’m extremely busy but other than that I couldn’t think of anything

She pulled out her phone and showed me multiple tiktoks of anne telling her followers about my just no family I’ll just list a few things

my mother being so bad of a just no mil they had to get a restraining order against her.

I demanded my kids play with her cats and had a tantrum when she said no. I’m a nurse so you know I’ve seen what happens when kids mistreated animals

-I’m dependent on my brother and demand he gives me all his time/money.

-me and my mother call everything she does in life shameful because she’s not modest or religious like us.

The last and worse is that I’m anti everything thing which as a nurse could have cost me my job

I ended up making an account downloaded all the videos and sent them to the family group chat you can imagine what happened next but instead of giving an answer both my bother and sil blocked everyone . Anyone in my family who had the app followed her “cat” account but were blocked on her main, my cousin ended up making a tiktok debunking her videos but her account was already gone

My brother ended calling me screaming down the phone about his girlfriend having an anxiety attack and I should have came to them first Apparently he said she makes up those stories for views so she can become a creator and it also helps with her anxiety.he said if anything ever got out of hand they would go on the record about it being made up

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
n.

Yolo Swaggins Esq fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 4, 2022

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for sending my sil tiktoks to family group chat causing her an anxiety attack

I really don't quite understand what happened here but in the spirit of 2022 I recommend throwing all of these people in the trash

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Am I weird for wanting to spend my partner's days off doing fun things with them? Should I give them more space and also more bodily fluids to clean up?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Maybe don’t make poo poo up about people you actually know.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Soylent Pudding posted:

he said if anything ever got out of hand they would go on the record about it being made up

Sounds like if things got out of hand you’ll cut off all communication and have a breakdown.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

coworker is sensitive about their driving

I recently attended a conference that took place a 90-minute drive away. My co-worker and I agreed to split the driving. She drove first, and told me how sensitive she was about her driving skills and how she’d gotten formally reprimanded by our boss years ago. As we got onto the interstate, I understood why. She drove like an absolute maniac. We were in the 90s, weaving in and out of lanes, and at one point she pulled out her phone, at which point I said she needed to focus on the road.
That remark made her very, very unhappy (though she did put the phone down). She is originally from another country where the driving habits may be different, but I felt genuinely fearful for my life. But I also felt worried about poisoning our work relationship and possibly jeopardizing her job.
Aside from taking over all driving duties in the future — which would tire me out and make me very resentful — how can I tell her without hurting her feelings that she drives like someone who seems to want to die?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

giogadi posted:

I recently attended a conference that took place a 90-minute drive away. My co-worker and I agreed to split the driving. She drove first, and told me how sensitive she was about her driving skills and how she’d gotten formally reprimanded by our boss years ago. As we got onto the interstate, I understood why. She drove like an absolute maniac. We were in the 90s, weaving in and out of lanes, and at one point she pulled out her phone, at which point I said she needed to focus on the road.
That remark made her very, very unhappy (though she did put the phone down). She is originally from another country where the driving habits may be different, but I felt genuinely fearful for my life. But I also felt worried about poisoning our work relationship and possibly jeopardizing her job.
Aside from taking over all driving duties in the future — which would tire me out and make me very resentful — how can I tell her without hurting her feelings that she drives like someone who seems to want to die?

Was it Carlin that said no matter your age, gender, wealth status, religion, everyone thinks they are a loving amazing driver?

AITA For refusing to pay for babysitters due to having a childfree wedding.

quote:

My partner and I want a childfree wedding and it has caused a lot of drama.

My partner and I have been to multiple friends weddings where kids have run wild. Screamed, cried and threw tantrums throughout the wedding ceremony which echoed and was the main thing you could hear.

During some of the receptions kids were running around, and let lose almost tripping servers carrying hot food or drinks as kids aren't watching where they are going and their parents weren't watching them.

Throughout my life I've always been sensitive to high pitch noises. I often get massive headaches and can get nauseous after long exposure to them. At last weddings I've had to take strong painkillers to be able to go through the day. Which meant I wasn't able to have any drinks and had to stick with water.

For our wedding the same people will be attending. From our past experience we know that the same kids will cause the same problems as they did in previous weddings.

Which is not the kids fault.

Weddings aren't the place to kids, they get bored easily and they have to sit still and be quiet for an extended period of time which can be difficult when your young.

We want a childfree wedding so we can enjoy our wedding, I can have celebration drinks on my wedding and don't have to spend the day Medicated.

Family is on board with this.

Some friends aren't on board and say that if I won't invite their kids then i have to pay for babysitters for them or they aren't coming.

We are having a small wedding and can't afford to pay for babysitters for their kids.

I just want to enjoy my wedding.

AITA For having a childfree wedding?

To be fair, weddings are mostly boring as poo poo.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

giogadi posted:

This is one of those rare cases where HR can probably help the OP since the erratic driver is a potential liability to the employer.

AITA for driving the posted speed limit in a school zone during school hours?

quote:

So a bit of context, I'm new to driving having recently gotten my learners permit and I'm still quite nervous behind the wheel. This happened the third time I was driving. I live in a rural area, with a small town nearby. I had practiced by driving to and from a stores parking lot and that was where we were headed that day. My brother was in the passenger seat and we ended up reaching the local school zone at around 4 pm. I slowed down to 20mph and everything went smooth the first time through. On our way back about 10 minutes later, I slowed down again when we reached the school zone. As I drove through, the guy behind me began to honk which made me look into my review mirror for a second. He was flipping me off and throwing his hands up in the air. Eventually we got through and I got back home in one piece. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I do know the situation has made me alot less confident. Since then I haven't wanted to practice driving, especially in town. Am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation?

Edit: The posted speed limit in effect during school hours is 7 am to 5 pm at 20mph in my state

Edit 2: I'm sure it seems like it should be obvious but I really don't know, I'm knew and nervous and just want to drive safe and hear others opinions on the situation so I can learn to be a better driver, especially in situations involving not so happy operates of big fast death machines

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 3, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I really don't quite understand what happened here but in the spirit of 2022 I recommend throwing all of these people in the trash

SIL has a TikTok (social media thing where you record and post videos) where she posts horribly damaging fake stories about her boyfriend's family (which includes the OP) being abusive. She does this because "she wants to be a content creator" and "she has anxiety and finds it therapeutic."

OP shared this with their family, who were incensed and told her to knock it off, with one family member creating an account of their own to make public that these are falsehoods.

OP is the villain of the story because this made the SIL feel bad which is not therapeutic and causes anxiety.

It is hard to parse, but I'm pretty sure the only trash people are OP's brother and his girlfriend.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling a bride her wedding dress was average at best?

quote:

I would like to say I'm not a fashionista. I'm not someone who would typically even think this but she was acting ridiculous.

My husband's grandfather is getting married for the first time to someone 10 years younger than MIL. I will call her "Amanda" Amanda is pretty awful and always thinks everyone is jealous of her. Recently FIL and Amanda had us over for dinner and she showed MIL, SIL, and I her wedding gown. It is fine but pretty trendy and something I've seen a lot before. I told her it was lovely and we moved on.

Later in the evening she got mad because MIL started walking away to go to the bathroom without asking permission. GFIL told Amanda that she was being weird and MIL doesn't have to announce it and ask permission. Amanda decided that MIL was trying to steal or tamper with the dress and said she would escort her.

It was so bizarre. She was right at the door yelling at MIL that she can't hear her peeing, hurry up. MIL was telling her to leave. FIL joined and was laughing hysterically. MIL screamed that Amanda was a dumb bitch and Amanda told MIL to stop peeing and said maybe she has diabetes from those cookies she was eating (MIL is not overweight but has a history of an eating disorder, and she had been eating cookies) FIL snapped at Amanda to shut her drat mouth. Then Amanda said "flush bitch, we don't have time for this and i'm not taking chances that you are planning something in there"

I finally had enough and snapped at Amanda that no one wants her dress. It is average at best and looks like it came from the surplus rack at David's Bridal. MIL's dress was better, mine was better, and why would we steal that?

Amanda just got quiet, but GFIL sent out a group text later that night and he says he is furious and we were being mean girls and bullies and really hurt Amanda and she is now insecure about the wedding.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Soylent Pudding posted:

Oh look, it's my brother-in-law in ten years.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

AITA for driving the posted speed limit in a school zone during school hours?

"He was flipping me off and throwing his hands up in the air."

"Am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation?"

There are vanishingly few cases where both these things are true. Drive safe, bud

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling a bride her wedding dress was average at best?

If I were hosting my friends and told them that they were not to get up and go to the toilet without asking permission then the evening would absolutely not continue until I explained to their satisfaction exactly what the gently caress had broken in my head to make me say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Soylent Pudding posted:

he said if anything ever got out of hand they would go on the record about it being made up

Call him on that poo poo because it's obviously already gotten out of hand.