Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Shadow of the Tomb Raider has ray tracing, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

site posted:

you might as well play them on egs too since the steam versions of all three were patched a couple months ago to open epic before they launch

Rinkles posted:

they really shouldn't be allowed to do that retroactively

speaking of, wtf is this?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And the first one had hair effects that were infamously murder on graphics cards.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?
I'm assuming that Epic Games Launcher is having connectivity issues since everyone is getting and downloading all three Tomb Raiders right now? Or is this just me?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Also having problems, and downdetector is showing other people having problems. Will probably calm down if we wait a bit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Essobie posted:

I'm assuming that Epic Games Launcher is having connectivity issues since everyone is getting and downloading all three Tomb Raiders right now? Or is this just me?

Yeah. Oddly enough despite the thing timing out twice some hours ago and giving me an ERROR TERROR DOCUMENTO PUERTO RICO, now the games are listed as being in my library.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

First two new TRs were excellent... I might have to break the rule of not playing the free games

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lol I tried to snag the tomb raider games and got hit with an error, which didn't surprise me, but when I hit the go back home button the language switched from english to german. never seen that happen before

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Yeah, putting up three titles simultaneously made their servers completely poo poo the bed.

Games are good though. I played the first two titles a few years back and they were very solid entertainment. Can't speak for the third one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Manatee Cannon posted:

lol I tried to snag the tomb raider games and got hit with an error, which didn't surprise me, but when I hit the go back home button the language switched from english to german. never seen that happen before

when i hit "go back home" it opens my browser and a tab to the epic website :lol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Halbleben Dr3i konfirmiert!

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

Bottom Liner posted:

when i hit "go back home" it opens my browser and a tab to the epic website :lol:

Yeah, I had this happen a number of times. Eventually it let me get the third one (which is the only one I was interested in trying, of course).

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Manatee Cannon posted:

I had that one happen when they gave away GTA5 lol

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I just managed to get through and claim the two I didn't already have, so you may have more luck now.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
got in and out pretty painlessly, maybe 10 seconds of waiting all told. try using the website (https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games) maybe it works better

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Also if you use the website you can open them each in a tab so you can add them to your cart more quickly

Also, it has a cart now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FFT posted:

Also if you use the website you can open them each in a tab so you can add them to your cart more quickly

Also, it has a cart now

faster time to cart than the switch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also if you got Tomb Raider 1 free on Steam last year and have yet to play it since it's a free game, you might as well get it on Epic here because it includes the DLC that the Steam giveaway didn't.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All three of the new Tomb Raider games are really good, free games you should actually play!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

bowmore posted:

All three of the new Tomb Raider games are really good

Agreed.

bowmore posted:

free games

Checks out.

bowmore posted:

you should actually play!

Now you wait a second here buddy

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also if you got Tomb Raider 1 free on Steam last year and have yet to play it since it's a free game, you might as well get it on Epic here because it includes the DLC that the Steam giveaway didn't.

The DLCs for the first game are not that great tho. Assuming you get everything it's something like:
- 1 tiny piece of SP content (a crashed plane)
- multiple "cheats" that give you a skill/upgrade you could just unlock by playing
- MP skins and maps for a game not known or loved for it's multiplayer

Maybe this giveaway will lead to a small multiplayer revival, but I doubt it.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 31, 2021

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
A friend of mine gifted me a game from my steam wishlist over Christmas, so now I don't even get to play it. Thanks for nothing, dickhead.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

oh dope posted:

A friend of mine gifted me a game from my steam wishlist over Christmas, so now I don't even get to play it. Thanks for nothing, dickhead.

How does this work, do I need to give them my email? Because if so, no deal

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mierenneuker posted:

The DLCs for the first game are not that great tho. Assuming you get everything it's something like:
- 1 tiny piece of SP content (a crashed plane)
- multiple "cheats" that give you a skill/upgrade you could just unlock by playing
- MP skins and maps for a game not known or loved for it's multiplayer

Maybe this giveaway will lead to a small multiplayer revival, but I doubt it.

It gives you a bunch of SP skins, but I can't remember if they show up in cut scenes, which I always hate when they don't.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

2AXM-D3E9-GameMaker Studio 2 Indie 12 Months

02FG8-BLL4L-NMRW5- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
While your generosity is appreciated, you probably shouldn't post plaintext keys in a publicly visible subforum, as they can get scooped up by bots.

Chaos Personified
Oct 9, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

02FG8-BLL4L-NMRW5- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!

I got this one, thanks.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

oh dope posted:

It's okay if you bought them something.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

GameMaker Studio 2 Indie 12 Months

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!

The Kins posted:

While your generosity is appreciated, you probably shouldn't post plaintext keys in a publicly visible subforum, as they can get scooped up by bots.

There's a great non-public thread in PGS for that!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Cook Serve Delicious 3 is great and everyone should play it regardless of how free it was

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

webmeister posted:

Cook Serve Delicious 3 is great and everyone should play it regardless of how free it was

+1

Br3instyrm
Jan 3, 2013

2AXM-D3E9-GameMaker Studio 2 Indie 12 Months

Redeemed the 12-month subsciption, thanks!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Iratus is free on GOG. Way better than Darkest Dungeon imo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Fresh set of Amazon/Twitch Prime poo poo:

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Origin)
Total War: Warhammer (EGS)
World War Z: Aftermath (EGS)
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
WRC 7 FIA World Wally Championship
Abandon Ship
Paper Beast - Folded Edition
In Other Waters
Two Point Hospital

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Nyaa posted:

Iratus is free on GOG. Way better than Darkest Dungeon imo.

I agree. Been playing it this evening and it has constant forward momentum which is nice. Also having Caleb voice the Necromancer was a cool choice.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I've been hoping to score a good deal on Fallen Order so that I can uh...not? play it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pay or play not. There is no buy.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Verdugo posted:

I agree. Been playing it this evening and it has constant forward momentum which is nice. Also having Caleb voice the Necromancer was a cool choice.

:aaa: Do you mean Stephan Weyte? Or did they just rip audio from Blood? Either way I'm installing now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Weyte is still around, New Blood have got him for several of their games now

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1380717523763556353?t=aYiZk8dEsFfB4K9UIw4ikg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I know, I'm one of the goons who poo poo his pants at the end of Dusk and I know he's in Ultrakill but he wasn't credited on IMDB for this game. Also, it is him, confirmed. Sick, I'm 1000% more stoked on this thing. GOG's giveaways this holiday have been bangers, and I already owned half of them.