Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
https://twitter.com/HJoyceGender/status/1477619863548014595

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Wasn't she one of the extreme right wingers who was recruited from a talent agency?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Hi I'm @HJoyceGender and am extremely normal.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

GWBBQ posted:

Wasn't she one of the extreme right wingers who was recruited from a talent agency?

MTG? I don't know about talent agencies but I do know that her district is extremely gerrymandered, to the point where it's basically completely impossible for a democrat to ever win. Its splits in past presidential elections have been around 75-25 or worse in the GOP's favor.

So she got into the House "for free" without having to really compete in a general election. Which makes sense because that level of insane qanon jewish-space-lasers brainworms would basically turn off every single swing/moderate voter in an actual non-gerrymandered district.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

GWBBQ posted:

If it's Hadley Freeman you're talking about, she's an insufferable Grauniad shitlib who got all smug at bidens victory, citing it as proof that liberals are right to go with "moderates" over left-wing candidates like Bernie. "Oh and hey Brit lefties, how did Corbyn work out for you? :smuggo:

She also seems to have supported Hilary simply because she was a woman which is about the most white feminist thing I can think of.

And she says that because she's Jewish, anyone who tries telling her what to think about Israel is an anti-semite.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also big terf iirc but that's standard for people working at the guardian.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't think you need to rely on recollection to state that she's a big terf.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Yeah, they're British and feel the need to state their opinion about something. You can assume they're TERFs until proven otherwise.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am also open to the possibility that she is just a gigantic moron because that is also normal for guardian people. I just can't specifically remember if she is idiot type terf or "this is my entire personality" type terf.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Cor blimey guv'nah, I'm off to the apples and pears to have a cuppa and write an editorial about people I've never met.
-Any Particular Limey

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Don't be daft, they don't hire people who sound like that to work for the papers. They're all idiot failchildren of aristos and previous generations of media twats.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Hadley Freeman was born in NYC and went to school with the Trumps lol.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

OwlFancier posted:

Don't be daft, they don't hire people who sound like that to work for the papers. They're all idiot failchildren of aristos and previous generations of media twats.

An article by Winslow Albert Charles Montague Rhodes James Henry Heinrich Featherstonhaugh-Cholmondley XVII about how although he has a nanny and therefore does not expect to ever meet his children until they finish boarding school he is worried about the Trans Agenda corrupting them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

OwlFancier posted:

I am also open to the possibility that she is just a gigantic moron because that is also normal for guardian people. I just can't specifically remember if she is idiot type terf or "this is my entire personality" type terf.

The former always become the latter sooner or later.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

To the extent that Dawn Foster won a "Non-Traditional Journalist of the Year" award, with reasons being cited including 'went to a state school' and 'did investigative journalism that blamed people in power for poor people dying'.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1477718463372214282?t=-tAixDp8J_Nsdq2MvJqMWg&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

classic fartlow

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lol fartlow is in protected tweet mode, wonder why

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
Another victim of inflation in the take economy. Fartlow can't continue posting the same bad takes and maintain the level of engagement she had before, so she has to come up with increasingly unhinged things to say just to keep people interested.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I bet I can guess how Fartlow feels about Ethiopian Jews.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I thought the Fartlow person was named Partlow?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PetraCore posted:

I bet I can guess how Fartlow feels about Ethiopian Jews.

I'm guessing about the same as Zionists in Israel.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i'm having trouble parsing her take as anything other than jews = white supremacy

what was she actually trying to say?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Regarde Aduck posted:

i'm having trouble parsing her take as anything other than jews = white supremacy

I think it's more "white = Jews," maybe? As always though the correct answer is "fartlow"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

I think the idea is that by "white supremacy" amnesty international actually means "israeli atrocities against palestinians" which she parses as antisemitism.

But yes it is very difficult to actually get there without hitting a lot of :stare: speedbumps along the road.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Regarde Aduck posted:

"end white supremacy" is a code for "kill the jews" when you are arguing in extremely good faith

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
fartlow is complaining that people concerned with ending white supremacy are also lumping jews in with "white" and therefore obviously don't consider jews to be a marginalized people by extension

its about as braindead of a take as that sounds

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

computers as earrings??
I have some earrings made from (pieces of) circuit boards, and I didn't inquire which circuit board.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Also what do you even destroy computers to use as wall decor? Do people just hang up ram cards and frame them then go mmm yes what a wonderful thing to look at as I sip on some Gatorade
I've known people (not very many) who had actual core memory in their offices, and I was always profoundly envious. This was before retro-computing was a thing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiroProtagonist posted:

fartlow is complaining that people concerned with ending white supremacy are also lumping jews in with "white"
its about as braindead of a take as that sounds
It's exceptionally dumb.

quote:

and therefore obviously don't consider jews to be a marginalized people by extension
This however, is an issue, unrelated to Farlow, at least if you live in the or well if you're not an Israeli Jew. There is a definite hostility to the idea that Jews are a minority in the same way Asians, Blacks, and Latinos are. We're just white...which is annoying, cause honestly white people are far far on my radar more then any minority group. I should say I don't think this is a majority viewpoint, but a vocal segment of some.

I don't mean to derail, just that something I've been thinking about that last year or so in my head.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I have bits of Apple II on my wall, like motherboard and a serial card. I like how the old through-the-hole PCBs look.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I only have pictures of friends and family on my wall, like a loser.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/DBrodyReports/status/1478021053423177728?t=_LYbc612MRDib3VIuk0Ppw&s=19

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It's exceptionally dumb.

This however, is an issue, unrelated to Farlow, at least if you live in the or well if you're not an Israeli Jew. There is a definite hostility to the idea that Jews are a minority in the same way Asians, Blacks, and Latinos are. We're just white...which is annoying, cause honestly white people are far far on my radar more then any minority group. I should say I don't think this is a majority viewpoint, but a vocal segment of some.

I don't mean to derail, just that something I've been thinking about that last year or so in my head.

maybe i'm misremembering but isn't this one of the things she's notorious for implying? i feel like I've seen her attacking people for not considering jewish people to be worthy of consideration, like an "actually, all lives matter" type argument.

if thats not accurate then yeah strike that last part

better screenshot this one, because yikes

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Are we sure Fartlow doesn't have some sort of humiliation fetish?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

apatheticman posted:

Are we sure Fartlow doesn't have some sort of humiliation fetish?

Unlikely. Replies locked after her "hate name" meltdown

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It's exceptionally dumb.

TBH it seems like Jewish people are kind of in this weird state of quantum whiteness where a good chunk of the time they get the benefits and perks of being white, but then also sometimes not and when they're not it swerves hard.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiroProtagonist posted:

maybe i'm misremembering but isn't this one of the things she's notorious for implying? i feel like I've seen her attacking people for not considering jewish people to be worthy of consideration, like an "actually, all lives matter" type argument.

if thats not accurate then yeah strike that last part
It might be, but I'm speaking more of incidents in the US around last year with people having a weird habitat of discovering the joys of Louis Farrakhan and Hitler and deciding to express those views on social media. It's not so much an "All Lives Matter", at least the way I'm looking at it, but more of a hey, fighting racism is good, but so is calling it out too, or not being racist too. Perhaps it's mostly internet circle jerking though, but I do think it's a thought for some people though. How much? It's a point for debate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Love too drive in the snow without clearing my windshield and also while tweeting on my phone, it is black people's fault that I do this.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Imagine hating black people so much you blame them for snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

christmas boots posted:

TBH it seems like Jewish people are kind of in this weird state of quantum whiteness where a good chunk of the time they get the benefits and perks of being white, but then also sometimes not and when they're not it swerves hard.

Jewish people have had a very very roll coaster history...and sometimes the tracks break and we just fly off the drat thing. It is weird, but your point is valid. My dad remembers dating some girl who was super not into Jews...her dumbass thought he was Italian. :lol: