Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well bugs improved since that scene at least

It's just godawful direction. She had been in those Marvel shows on Netflix by then and done good fights in them by that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
actually if the matrix stole some ideas from the one it would be better. like neo needs to power up his powers by travelling to different instances of the matrix/matrices to kill all his other instantiations. or maybe agent smith is killing all the neos so he can kill the last one at the end and gain all his powers. then you could do cool alternate reality stuff that all hangs together because again it's just multiple instances of the matrix

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

jet li kicked so much rear end as a youth

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Mozi posted:

actually if the matrix stole some ideas from the one it would be better. like neo needs to power up his powers by travelling to different instances of the matrix/matrices to kill all his other instantiations. or maybe agent smith is killing all the neos so he can kill the last one at the end and gain all his powers. then you could do cool alternate reality stuff that all hangs together because again it's just multiple instances of the matrix

youve just described cyber highlander

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

Bugs is the one with the whip. Banging titties one is the one with the daggers

Ok that's why I was confused.

The dwarf is also the one with God's own immaculate jugs.

So there's Cranky (Whale Rider), Pouty (Bugs), and Chesty Bazongas.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there was something making the rounds just a week or two ago where jet li dropped off the scene in the 00s because he saw the writing on the wall where hollywood was salivating at the opportunity to shoot him doing his moves and then photoshop someone else's face on it and loving dipped and that would've sounded like complete tinfoil hat bullshit to me 15 years ago but he was right all along

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 3, 2022

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Easy eight out of ten. I liked that Jet Li's girlfriend was a white guy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Ok that's why I was confused.

The dwarf is also the one with God's own immaculate jugs.

So there's Cranky (Whale Rider), Pouty (Bugs), and Chesty Bazongas.

Also like 4 more who did not appear in the show but were in the books. I think Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, & Doc.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Aardvark! posted:

movies in the matrix genre:

existenz
the matrix
the matrix 2
the matrix 3
the matrix 4
ready player one
free guy

am i missing anything important

dark city (the better matrix)

e:im late

double e: if you watch dark city, get the directors cut. the theatrical version they spoil the whole movie in the first 2 minutes with exposition because they think the audience is loving stupid

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Cowcaster posted:

there was something making the rounds just a week or two ago where jet li dropped off the scene in the 00s because he saw the writing on the wall where hollywood was salivating at the opportunity to shoot him doing his moves and then photoshop someone else's face on it and loving dipped and that would've sounded like complete tinfoil hat bullshit to me 15 years ago but he was right all along

i think he got back problems

Vakal
May 11, 2008
That episode of Futurama where Leela gets stung by a space bee is the best Matrix.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Evil Within and The Evil Within 2 are both Matrix games

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

The Evil Within and The Evil Within 2 are both Matrix games

Also Saints Row 4

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

They wanted him for Seraph in the Matrix sequels and he said he would've had to sign away his performance/choreography and yeah didn't want them to put that poo poo in a computer and reuse it.

Sunk Dunk posted:

dark city (the better matrix)

e:im late

double e: if you watch dark city, get the directors cut. the theatrical version they spoil the whole movie in the first 2 minutes with exposition because they think the audience is loving stupid

It's one of the most baffling decisions in movie history.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8JocOpkvY

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Groovelord Neato posted:

The ending of that movie was so stupid.

despite this being true i still really enjoyed that movie

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PostNouveau posted:

Also like 4 more who did not appear in the show but were in the books. I think Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, & Doc.

All the Dorne stuff in the show was so weird and truncated from the book, mostly for the better but it was funny that guys like wheelchair jim was supposed to be a super genius and got killed almost instantly on the show, and his amazing bodyguard in the books was just a fat tub with a spear.

I guess by that point D&D were just speed running it to get it over with to get to star wars (lol) or that might have been way before that even and they were already (always) lazy hacks.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Star wars yes but most importantly they had some Big Opinions About The Confederacy and they were sure it was their time to shine.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

All the Dorne stuff in the show was so weird and truncated from the book, mostly for the better but it was funny that guys like wheelchair jim was supposed to be a super genius and got killed almost instantly on the show, and his amazing bodyguard in the books was just a fat tub with a spear.

I guess by that point D&D were just speed running it to get it over with to get to star wars (lol) or that might have been way before that even and they were already (always) lazy hacks.

Wow, disturbing Darkstar erasure here.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh bugs like computer bugs. i was thinking bugs bunny was in the new matrix. now i'm disappointed

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Wow, disturbing Darkstar erasure here.

Yeah that’s not even bringing up all that stuff with Myrcella that got completely removed (because she got killed like, so fast)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Can't believe you guys slept on the masterpiece Strange Days when listing matrix movies.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

reignofevil posted:

Star wars yes but most importantly they had some Big Opinions About The Confederacy and they were sure it was their time to shine.

Honestly I want to see a synopsis of what they were thinking for that show, it’s a terrible idea that is simultaneously fascinating more for the “wtf are you thinking?!” Aspect.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

oh bugs like computer bugs. i was thinking bugs bunny was in the new matrix. now i'm disappointed

She says like Bugs Bunny when she first gives her name.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this movie is sounding like a real hideous glory

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

this movie is sounding like a real hideous glory

She has a rabbit tattoo.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Scaramouche posted:

Can't believe you guys slept on the masterpiece Strange Days when listing matrix movies.

Yeah, that one always pops into my head when I think of 90s movies figuring out the internet.

I was scarred by that movie's concept of strapping a VR helmet on your victim so they could watch themselves get murdered in the third person.

I bet Jay would like it

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Groovelord Neato posted:

She has a rabbit tattoo.

She says Whats up doc

O_O. She was Bugs Bunny in Space Jam 2 when she was plugged into the matrix, the glitch shot awakened her in the real world.

Later, she misses her old tune squad friends and Neo restores her to her cartoon form.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

reignofevil posted:

But enough about Firefly.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

priznat posted:

Honestly I want to see a synopsis of what they were thinking for that show, it’s a terrible idea that is simultaneously fascinating more for the “wtf are you thinking?!” Aspect.

I have to think it would kind of be like Man in the High Castle or Handmaiden's Tale. It's not like the confederacy would have been painted as good guys.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’m sure the confederacy show would’ve sucked cuz of the dunces writing it, but it amazes me that it seems like most people assume it was gonna be a “slavery is awesome, bring back the good old days please” show. Like a show can’t be about something while also saying “it’s bad”

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm more interested in HOW the confederacy won.

Like the only reason it lasted as long as it did was because we wanted everything intact afterwards. A scorched earth policy was easily doable.

The south didn't stand a chance at any point.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/theeSNYDERVERSE/status/1477039114465820673

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m sure the confederacy show would’ve sucked cuz of the dunces writing it, but it amazes me that it seems like most people assume it was gonna be a “slavery is awesome, bring back the good old days please” show. Like a show can’t be about something while also saying “it’s bad”

It was gonna be "slavery bad, but also what if there were slavers with hearts of gold."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

yeah sure but I mean Deadwood is right loving there

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm more interested in HOW the confederacy won.

Like the only reason it lasted as long as it did was because we wanted everything intact afterwards. A scorched earth policy was easily doable.

The south didn't stand a chance at any point.

Yeah this, and Man in the High Castle has a similar vibe to me. It seems extremely improbable the Nazis would be able to take over the world especially once the rest of the world started ramping production to take them on. Maybe it is explained in the show I dunno I never watched it.

I wasn’t expecting D&D to be pro confederacy it is just what stories were they planning to tell that required that setting? Or is it just because it is such a hot button topic?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

priznat posted:

Yeah this, and Man in the High Castle has a similar vibe to me. It seems extremely improbable the Nazis would be able to take over the world especially once the rest of the world started ramping production to take them on. Maybe it is explained in the show I dunno I never watched it.

The Nazis beat us to the atomic bomb

Besides, if a story is good I can suspend my disbelief for “those guys wouldn’t have won that war!”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

The Nazis beat us to the atomic bomb

Besides, if a story is good I can suspend my disbelief for “those guys wouldn’t have won that war!”

Oh yah I guess that’d do it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

In the book (never watched the show) FDR was assassinated in the 30s so the Depression didn't end and the US wasn't in a position to fight Imperial Japan or the Nazis. The book also gets very weird.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ergh.. I just don’t like alt history stuff it comes off as too fan fic-like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

priznat posted:

Ergh.. I just don’t like alt history stuff it comes off as too fan fic-like.

Dick was actually inspired to write Man in the High Castle after reading a book where the Confederacy won.