Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

General Dog posted:

So are there jobs that don’t drug test?

Lawyers don't get drug tested 99% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

My wife has worked as an RT at three different hospitals and never been tested. She is now applying for a traveling role, and will be tested for that.

I have been tested at every engineering job I've had except building/fire code consulting.

Also THC being detectable varies a lot person to person, which sucks for some people. At about an eighth every 1-2 months + 5mg gummies on some Friday/Saturday nights with my wife, I've never had a positive on the 50ng home tests.

e: Also all the companies I've worked for are initial screen, then they don't give a poo poo unless you drive a forklift into a wall or something.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Android Apocalypse posted:

I await D-LINK's bride to join us on TFF Jackbox night.

It isn't bad enough that we horrified little sis?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Quiet Feet posted:

This is what I did only my buddy who said he made the brownies kinda weak accidentally did the opposite and made them double strength and only realized the next morning.

lol, it happens. im not going to pretend the industry is perfect but at least every batch gets tested so you have a pretty good idea of the strength of the thing you're taking. i made edibles during the first big lockdown and one of them got me high for 2 straight days. i really enjoyed watching the first season of the witcher when i wasnt interacting with my ancestors, lol

definitely recommend for people new to cannabis to do less than 5mg doses to start, then build up from there to reach your desired high. the new fast acting beverages are very good for this bc they hit quickly and its very easy to manage a high just like you manage your buzz with beer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

This is what I did only my buddy who said he made the brownies kinda weak accidentally did the opposite and made them double strength and only realized the next morning.

One time within the same batch I had huge variability where one friend said he didn't feel a thing and the other couldn't get out of bed for eight hours and just stared at the ceiling

Or maybe they just handle edibles very differently

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

FizFashizzle posted:

You’re fine.

Stay away from anything speed centric like mdma, meth, etc

"stay away from meth" yeah okay buddy this is america

(Thank you for the input. This hasn't kept me up at night or anything, but I've definitely been a bit concerned since)

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i work in cannabis

For some reason after reading this I just pictured a normal looking office desk setup, but inside a wigwam made out of felled weed plants.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I get images of the Man from Del Monte buy rather than sniffing fruit smoking a fat one.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

e: Also all the companies I've worked for are initial screen, then they don't give a poo poo unless you drive a forklift into a wall or something.

Yeah, every job I’ve ever had is “pass a drug screen before we hire you” and then never again, unless you had a workplace accident, which I was always low risk for as an office drone. My only scare when I used to smoke more often was going up north for a long weekend with some friends and we smoked a plenty, and then I came back to work at my last job where they announced they were purchased by another corporation and we would continue to be employees, but had to re-do the application, background check, and drug screen process to be eligible and I was like weelllll gently caress. Luckily that didn’t happen for a few weeks and I was good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh sweet. The dispensary next to me includes recreational. I'll have to check it out. The 100mg gummies I got up in Flagstaff didn't do much for me. I'll have to try different stuff.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Intruder posted:

One time within the same batch I had huge variability where one friend said he didn't feel a thing and the other couldn't get out of bed for eight hours and just stared at the ceiling

Or maybe they just handle edibles very differently

could be either but there is a massive variance in how people handle normal edibles. everyone's gut processes things differently. that's why i like the new fast acting stuff, it hits the same for everyone bc it processed through the blood stream instead of your gut

Rectal Placenta posted:

For some reason after reading this I just pictured a normal looking office desk setup, but inside a wigwam made out of felled weed plants.

BigPaddy posted:

I get images of the Man from Del Monte buy rather than sniffing fruit smoking a fat one.

lol nope, some parts of the industry are definitely like this just not my current job and definitely less common in the northeast in general. CA/CO/NV is much more wild.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

wait what now?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dango Bango posted:

Oh sweet. The dispensary next to me includes recreational. I'll have to check it out. The 100mg gummies I got up in Flagstaff didn't do much for me. I'll have to try different stuff.

An illegal "speakeasy" (as they call themselves) opened up near me. It's inside a vape shop and you have to know a password to get in, which changes regularly. But when you're inside there's 1000mg edibles and other not allowed THC goodies. It's quite wonderful. :allears:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

T-Square posted:

Welp renting the last half of The Two Towers on Prime for $4 because my pristine unscratched DVD freezes about halfway through and going through the main menu and selecting any scenes after that freezes it up and crashes.

Funnily enough, it freezes right after Aragorn gets dragged off the cliff by one of the Isengard wolves. So, a literal cliff hanger :v:

Regular or Extended Editions?

Last time I marathoned the Extended, I did one disc a day for six days. I also have the Trivial Pursuit: Lord Of The Rings edition (based on the movies), but I haven't found anyone to play it with yet.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Congratulations D-Link but also you need to dropkick whoever ratted you out to the bride to be.

Chances are really good that it was just a slip-up. I've been trying to work up the nerve for months, so I wasn't even mad. Her reaction was really funny. Yes she yelled at me, but then she kissed my face like 500x while saying sexy things in French. Who could ever be mad about that?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Regular or Extended Editions?

Last time I marathoned the Extended, I did one disc a day for six days. I also have the Trivial Pursuit: Lord Of The Rings edition (based on the movies), but I haven't found anyone to play it with yet.

HBO Max has both the regulars and extendeds for streaming. The missus and I chipped away at them all last week, I still love those movies but for the most part they were right to keep the extended scenes out of the theatrical release.

And yes I have that same version of Trivial Pursuit and I can't get anyone to play it with me either lol. I think I went against a couple of my family members once and absolutely rolled them, which is probably why :v:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think Two Towers is the only one where I prefer the extended cut to the theatrical.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think the extended added the little scene where the Orcs flee into the forest after Helm's Deep and you just get the far away sounds of Treants just going ham on them, which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

She wasn't horrified but definitely wondered why y'all were focused on "cummies" that night.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

I think Two Towers is the only one where I prefer the extended cut to the theatrical.

Not watching the extended cut is sacrilege.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I decided to spend my last vacation day to see Spider-Man and it was worth it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BlindSite posted:

I just watched the trilogy over the holidays, but this time I just watched the regular versions. So many scenes from the extended version I completely forgot were not in the original. It's so tough to get through those extended cuts though. Really need to split them up like Tittiekisser said.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

BlindSite posted:

Sometimes I just don’t feel like spending 80 minutes in Lorien before getting to the end of Fellowship; I’m sorry.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
How is Lothlorien not everyone's favorite place in Middle Earth?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

D-LINK posted:

How is Lothlorien not everyone's favorite place in Middle Earth?

Because The Green Dragon exists.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah I’m just watching the regular cut. I thought I had the extended set, but turns out I just had the regular.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Its Rinaldo posted:

wait what now?

AA's little sis joined quiplash so we could have 8

He also had to draw with a trackball I guess which put him on even footing with the rest of us for drawful

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pertinent to recent conversations

https://twitter.com/weadhitter/status/1478135973598879746?s=21

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I deleted Instagram off my phone, didn’t delete my account yet. I just really need a break. I was getting into some bad scrolling habits. I have zero social media going on for the first time in over a decade. Unless this place still counts.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Bit late, but I also wanted to tell D-link congrats!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bird in a Blender posted:

I deleted Instagram off my phone, didn’t delete my account yet. I just really need a break. I was getting into some bad scrolling habits. I have zero social media going on for the first time in over a decade. Unless this place still counts.

More like Asocial media :haw:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

AA's little sis joined quiplash so we could have 8

He also had to draw with a trackball I guess which put him on even footing with the rest of us for drawful

It was a trackpad on my MacBook Air. :colbert:.

I may end up buying some Jackbox games as my sister enjoyed playing the few we did. It's in Steam, right?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I live in Denver and have never done a weed, AMA

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Freaquency posted:

I live in Denver and have never done a weed, AMA

Do cultists worship the blue horse god

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Man we have a lot of teetotalers in this thread.

(Oh congrats D-LINK!)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Do cultists worship the blue horse god

tbh I think it would be really hard to have an occult ceremony around it since it’s just on the median of the highway

But probably yes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

It was a trackpad on my MacBook Air. :colbert:.

I may end up buying some Jackbox games as my sister enjoyed playing the few we did. It's in Steam, right?

Yeah they're on steam. They go on sale fairly regularly so watch for those. In fact, they're on sale right now

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Crescent Wrench posted:

(Oh congrats D-LINK!)

It happens when you've got alcoholics in your family :)

You can throw me in with the "never done anything" crowd. I never identified as a straight edge, but I just stuck with it after high school and never felt a strong desire to start doing anything. (which is kinda funny considering my avatar, but w/e)

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 4, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ozymandius1024 posted:

You can throw me in with the "never done anything" crowd.

:same:

In my case, just the smell of weed tends to give me a headache so I've never had any interest in smoking. I've done it once or twice and it didn't do anything, and being exposed to it a ton hasn't increased my desire to do it again (My dad and brother smoke a lot, my mom occasionally). I also don't like the taste of alcohol, so I've only very rarely drink and that's usually stuff that doesn't taste really like alcohol, and at that point, why bother drinking, really? I also kinda like being the designated driver and the person who still has their mental stuff in place, so it usually works out for the better for everyone (Or did in the pre-COVID times when I used to hang out with people a few jobs back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Crescent Wrench posted:

(Oh congrats D-LINK!)

Punky Brewster and Just Say No had a powerful effect.