Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Tbh they should have just patched exp into Eureka since 61-70 doesn't have trusts so it's kind of a dead zone in leveling for people who use them and command missions to level.

Yeah if the majority of my classes weren't already past that point this would've 100% made me play more eureka

Roulettes are cool and all but sometimes I don't want to/can't commit to being a competent party member and would rather mindlessly grind fates or whatever it is you grind in eureka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
What I'm getting is that people who hated Eureka are absolutely terrified of interacting with another human being because yeah the experience even live was "join a NM train, rake in the xp and profit". It was exactly as brainless as Bozja.

Bozja has better overall gameplay for the moment to moment but the highs were way higher in Eureka.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dryzen posted:

Eureka is a ftw community experience that has good aspects of it that we might not see much again because both it and bozja brought a strong showing of people who are so hesitant to do group stuff with any amount of risk vs reward that they won’t even zone in to it with actually ridiculously huge echo, ignoring the droves of people who are just all in on the most exp they can get right now

Right now after the nerfs and boosted echo and exp gain you don't even need to do anything besides NMs with other people...It's so painless. Chain mobs for a billion xp every 30 chain and you're getting thru each zone insanely fast.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
In YE OLDE DAYS of Eureka when you couldn't mount up until you finished the zone people would fall all loving over themselves on Primal to offer ride on multiseater mounts to lowbies who were joining the NM train. It was great.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

When did Eureka get echo, and what is this cloak?

I kind of want to go back to it at some point cause of TT stuff and general completion brain, but it always feels like such a commitment. I'd love to just quickly knock out some challenge log when I have down time, but the "enemies on level" clause makes it a hassle when I tried it in the past.

Vitamean posted:

one of the first things I did after completing my drk physeos weapon was go into pagos and solo down the dragons that give you so much grief when you're leveling. that's how I got to feel powerful in Eureka, and why this

made me lol pretty hard
I guess I just never got to that point. Doing Anemos and getting to the end of that and still feeling pretty annoyed getting around, as well as going into Pagos and kicked in the dick just really made me not want to spend any more time there.

Captain Oblivious posted:

What I'm getting is that people who hated Eureka are absolutely terrified of interacting with another human being because yeah the experience even live was "join a NM train, rake in the xp and profit". It was exactly as brainless as Bozja.

Bozja has better overall gameplay for the moment to moment but the highs were way higher in Eureka.
Having finished Bozja and only done a little bit of Eureka, Bozja just felt more fluid. It felt like groups were beneficial, not essential, which made it a lot easier to ease into. Like, it's not exactly that fun joining the NM train only to see its on the rear end end of the zone, beyond all the stuff that will kill you cause you just started the area.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

that's assuming there are people in my level range who are actively playing eureka, which there were not when I last tried. Also this is pretty condescending!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hot take: I’ve never seen a WHM weapon I liked. 89EX’s is just sad.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So for anyone looking to cap culinarian desynth for, uh, reasons? There's a new fish introduced with Endwalker, righteye flounder, that is dirt cheap on the MB atm and will take you all the way to 580 really easily.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

The Tsukuyomi crafted weapon has a pretty good look imo and is pretty easily available

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Leraika posted:

that's assuming there are people in my level range who are actively playing eureka, which there were not when I last tried. Also this is pretty condescending!

You do not need to group up at all outside NMs in Eureka now. Echo + boosted exp lets you just chain mob level easily and quickly. The level range thing does suck, I agree entirely, but it doesn't matter for NMs really.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Here's a dumb meme about the Level 83 Trial. The image itself isn't a spoiler, but there are are some voice clips.

https://twitter.com/fittingxivsongs/status/1478096519362494465

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

What? This is dumb as gently caress. Eureka sucks rear end because you either grind trash in some corner of the world which is the most boring thing to do on the planet, or you afk in town until an NM spawn and then go and kill the NM but the Eureka NM's have almost no mechanics to them for the most part. Bozja skirmish bosses require more effort on average. It was braindead content where the most fun thing to be doing at any time was literally anything else on a 2nd monitor as you sat afk for long stretches of time.

Or maybe did some bunny fates if you were in a zone that had them. Playing not_MGS trying to get to a chest is about the only actually fun thing in the entire zone outside of maybe BA which I haven't done so no comment. But even then it sucked until you got the aetherytes and mount access

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Also "just chain mobs 5head" assumes that one can kill things in a reasonable timeframe. Last time I bothered, I went on Red Mage (no idea if that was dumb or not but I figured something with healing made sense) and TTKs were in the 30+ second range for same-elevel targets - and yes, I was dicking around with the wheel to make it correct for offense.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Here's a dumb meme about the Level 83 Trial. The image itself isn't a spoiler, but there are are some voice clips.

https://twitter.com/fittingxivsongs/status/1478096519362494465

Realizing that raid mechanics are all just Mario Party minigames is perhaps a more devastating revelation than the one about zone music

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Also "just chain mobs 5head" assumes that one can kill things in a reasonable timeframe. Last time I bothered, I went on Red Mage (no idea if that was dumb or not but I figured something with healing made sense) and TTKs were in the 30+ second range for same-elevel targets - and yes, I was dicking around with the wheel to make it correct for offense.

The only piece of Eureka gear I had was an Osode and I could aoe down 5-6 mobs as a melee dps everytime my bloodbath was off cooldown, and this was fighting mobs 1 level higher than me (which gives you significantly more xp) I've seen tons of RDMs recently and they nuke down mobs pretty fast too so I dunno what to tell you. If this was pre echo, maybe but that's definitely not the case now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The only piece of Eureka gear I had was an Osode

I have no idea what the gently caress that is, because no one explains poo poo about Eureka, just smugly condescends to everyone about it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
As was explained to me in this thread when I was getting into Eureka, it's an armour you can buy on the marketboard that gives you +2 elemental levels, making you significantly stronger inside Eureka. Like, absurdly stronger. Casters use a Vermillion Cloak of Casting.

Buy one for your role and use it inside and you'll have no trouble grinding.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kyrosiris posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress that is, because no one explains poo poo about Eureka, just smugly condescends to everyone about it.

There is a vendor standing on the pier near where you go into Eureka where you can trade some tokens for a piece of chest armor (or chest + head for casters). It's two cryptic seals for a Kirin's Osode (for tanks/physical DPS) or three damascene cloth for a robe (for healers/magic DPS). You can buy those for a somewhat high price on the market board, usually a couple hundred thousand gil each.

This is a great thing to have because it gives you bonus Eureka stats, thus making it a lot easier and faster to fight enemies solo, when you're first starting out in a zone.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pollyanna posted:

Relevant to current conversation, the penultimate Eureka WHM weapon (Rose Couverte) is great and I use it in every glamour. It even has a really nice, subtle light-up effect.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Countblanc posted:

Relevant to current conversation, the penultimate Eureka WHM weapon (Rose Couverte) is great and I use it in every glamour. It even has a really nice, subtle light-up effect.

I've always liked the Lost Allagan Cane.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Begemot posted:

There is a vendor standing on the pier near where you go into Eureka where you can trade some tokens for a piece of chest armor (or chest + head for casters). It's two cryptic seals for a Kirin's Osode (for tanks/physical DPS) or three damascene cloth for a robe (for healers/magic DPS). You can buy those for a somewhat high price on the market board, usually a couple hundred thousand gil each.

This is a great thing to have because it gives you bonus Eureka stats, thus making it a lot easier and faster to fight enemies solo, when you're first starting out in a zone.

That would've been useful knowledge to know the last three times I tried, considering the cloth are sub-100k on Sarg, according to Universalis. :v:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

On the subject of Eureka: the antiquated gear you get from the level 70 class-quest coffers is intended to be upgraded in Eureka, right? Is there any reason to hold onto it besides glams, and can it be recovered from a salvager if I get rid of it? I can't see myself doing Eureka any time soon (too much MSQ to get through, among other things), and I'd like to clear inventory space, but obviously I don't want to ditch anything irreplaceable.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Antivehicular posted:

On the subject of Eureka: the antiquated gear you get from the level 70 class-quest coffers is intended to be upgraded in Eureka, right? Is there any reason to hold onto it besides glams, and can it be recovered from a salvager if I get rid of it? I can't see myself doing Eureka any time soon (too much MSQ to get through, among other things), and I'd like to clear inventory space, but obviously I don't want to ditch anything irreplaceable.

You can get it from the salvager. The only relevant upgrade in Eureka is making it dyeable, so if you don't like the look of the gear you can just toss it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Antivehicular posted:

I can be recovered through a salvager. It's glam only at this point.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, the Kirin's Osode and Verm Cloak you can buy amp the poo poo out of your stats. The reason why the Verm cloak is a little more expensive is because it also takes up the head slot and gives a lot more stats accordingly. They're both the strongest possible gear you can get in Eureka for their gear slots and effectively make you 2-3 levels higher than you actually are. The Pazuzu thing you got harassed over btw is basically that the big important world bosses (Pazuzu, Louhi, Penthesilea, Provenance Watcher) drop a token that you can use to upgrade your relic weapon, but you can only get the drop at max elemental level for the zone you're in.

The other thing I didn't know about the Magia board until way later is that there's diminishing returns on alignment. Stacking 4 or 5 magia into a single element gives you significantly less of a benefit than stacking three into the offensive one and two into the defensive one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh huh, is optimal really 3/2? When I did BA people told me to go 4/1 instead.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh huh, is optimal really 3/2? When I did BA people told me to go 4/1 instead.

Yeah I guess if you're not tanking or doing a big trash pull by yourself it's probably worth to get the diminished fourth offense level over the full-strength second defense level. The fifth magia is really heavily reduced even compared to the fourth though.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Antivehicular posted:

If an item has a Shop Selling Price at the bottom of the item description, it can be bought somewhere. If it's like this:

It can be bought from a Calamity Salvager most likely.

Chillgamesh posted:

The Pazuzu thing you got harassed over btw is basically that the big important world bosses (Pazuzu, Louhi, Penthesilea, Provenance Watcher) drop a token that you can use to upgrade your relic weapon, but you can only get the drop at max elemental level for the zone you're in.
If you know the fight and won't die constantly to the boss, I still found it worth going to the bosses with tokens for the experience. Also it's more fun than just grinding mobs and waiting for the next NM.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

iPodschun posted:

If you know the fight and won't die constantly to the boss, I still found it worth going to the bosses with tokens for the experience. Also it's more fun than just grinding mobs and waiting for the next NM.

Yeah, I did plenty of those fights below max level, you still get a nice chunk of XP from it. Those people were just being dicks.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I feel like 'Eureka is fine as long as you buy a specific item you're supposed to grind inside of Eureka but can instead buy outside of it to make grinding easier' is not the glowing praise some people think it is.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It was fine before I got my vermillion cloak on whm. Did a zone in a half before I even checked in about it.

It turns out the game's just better when I engaged with the mechanics.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah, the Kirin's Osode and Verm Cloak you can buy amp the poo poo out of your stats. The reason why the Verm cloak is a little more expensive is because it also takes up the head slot and gives a lot more stats accordingly. They're both the strongest possible gear you can get in Eureka for their gear slots and effectively make you 2-3 levels higher than you actually are. The Pazuzu thing you got harassed over btw is basically that the big important world bosses (Pazuzu, Louhi, Penthesilea, Provenance Watcher) drop a token that you can use to upgrade your relic weapon, but you can only get the drop at max elemental level for the zone you're in.

The other thing I didn't know about the Magia board until way later is that there's diminishing returns on alignment. Stacking 4 or 5 magia into a single element gives you significantly less of a benefit than stacking three into the offensive one and two into the defensive one.

This is the single most helpful post about Eureka content I've ever read on the entire internet, so unironically thank you. :v: Everything I'd read was just "YOU'LL NEED TO KILL PAZUZU TEN ZILLION loving TIMES, GO TO EVERY PAZUZU", and never mentioned "until you're zone capped it's not useful".

Maybe I'll give it another try in the lull before 6.1, who knows.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hellioning posted:

I feel like 'Eureka is fine as long as you buy a specific item you're supposed to grind inside of Eureka but can instead buy outside of it to make grinding easier' is not the glowing praise some people think it is.

Eureka is completely doable without elemental bonus equipment..It just makes things easier. How is this somehow a negative thing?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Hellioning posted:

I don't think anyone was presenting it as glowing praise lol people are having genuine discussions about it but you just keep throwing out stuff like this

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Eureka is a massive slog of an undertaking that took forever and was incredibly tedious to deal with. At the same time though it had the most positive community of people to interact with throughout the experience and even though it took me 3 tries to get my BA clear all the runs lead by the Aether people were pretty smooth and entertaining.

Place still sucks but at least you're suffering in good company the whole time.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

As someone with 3 resistance weapons and the mount for getting all the notes, I find Eureka super tedious and I bounced off at the second zone. The challenge log only gets you like a level or two max, and the cap is sixty. And I played FFXI. Which is why I really want to finish Eureka so I can get the AV minion without paying millions of gil. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Eureka is a massive slog of an undertaking that took forever and was incredibly tedious to deal with. At the same time though it had the most positive community of people to interact with throughout the experience and even though it took me 3 tries to get my BA clear all the runs lead by the Aether people were pretty smooth and entertaining.

Place still sucks but at least you're suffering in good company the whole time.

:yeah:

Also, the Happy Bunnies in Pyros are jerks who never want to give you the mount.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
The thing with eureka is that all these helpful things were patched in later which is no help if you already burnt out with it when Pagos was current and everything was poo poo

The formula must have been different back then because i remember people insisting on 5/0 or you do NO damage at ALL

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Kazy posted:

As someone with 3 resistance weapons and the mount for getting all the notes, I find Eureka super tedious and I bounced off at the second zone. The challenge log only gets you like a level or two max, and the cap is sixty. And I played FFXI. Which is why I really want to finish Eureka so I can get the AV minion without paying millions of gil. :argh:

i did the challenge log this week and got 4 and a half levels. it is insane that no one can just say "i didnt have as much fun in eureka as in bozja" without also just making poo poo up. it happens every single time lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Pollyanna posted:

I'd like the Moogle weapon without the Moogle, just a nice flower type thing. Moogle is allowed to stay since they're present in the story anyway.