Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Convex posted:

So this runs above 47 FPS? If so, wow, looking forward to a full DF series replay this year!
I think I’m getting at least 60 with no noticeable slowdowns. I don’t know if there’s a debug mode that will show the FPS, and the XBox Game Bar isn’t registering it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://twitter.com/QuietTomato/status/1477640674631913479

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FIREBLU Fleshlight?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
goldblum_scientists.gif

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jedi Knight is fully completable with OpenJKDF2. I had a great time.

There might be a bug in force alignment. I was careful not to kill any civvies and didn’t choose any dark side powers but it decided I was over the line after the boss battle with Maw so I cheated to get on the light side path.

That said it was never the best out together system. The way it’s supposed to work is as long as you don’t kill a bunch of civvies and don’t choose dark side powers you get the good ending. For whatever reason that didn’t happen this time.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Saw some real life FIREBLU a few weeks ago:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Has anyone made any mods for Doom/Doom II where either enemy attacks or a player weapon(like a flamethrower or napalm launcher) have projectiles or explosions in FIREBLU because that seems like it should be a really obvious visual thing to do but I've never seen something of that nature

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

drrockso20 posted:

Has anyone made any mods for Doom/Doom II where either enemy attacks or a player weapon(like a flamethrower or napalm launcher) have projectiles or explosions in FIREBLU because that seems like it should be a really obvious visual thing to do but I've never seen something of that nature

Why would you do such a thing?
Why would anyone do such things?
Why?! :magical:

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

Wow first TFE for DF and now this. I tried it and runs so much better than the original! Defo keeping an eye on this one :)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

All my brain ever goes to when I read FIREBLU.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 3, 2022

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Someone create a texture out of this and replace fireblu.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
One thing that bothers me about people meming FIREBLU is that they forget that it's an ANIMATED texture. That means there's multiple frames of FIREBLU and that id took the special care to put multiple versions of it in the game.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

drrockso20 posted:

Some poo poo I put together in about 30 seconds. Only affects Barons/Knights so far but whatever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/SelacoGame/status/1477727819958468610?s=20

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

God, Blood has one hell of a learning curve. Fresh Supply's "Made to Order" difficulty helps alleviate that somewhat (I have Cultist accuracy on Low for starters), but it's very much its own beast and forces you to get used to its weapons and mechanics, [i]quickly[i]. Only three maps into Episode 1 and it's been a painful lesson so far.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Lotta people are TNT fans in Blood but I hold by teleporting in and out of doorways laying out both barrels of the sawn off

Voodoo Cafe
Jul 19, 2004
"You got, uhh, Holden Caulfield in there, man?"

Grimthwacker posted:

God, Blood has one hell of a learning curve. Fresh Supply's "Made to Order" difficulty helps alleviate that somewhat (I have Cultist accuracy on Low for starters), but it's very much its own beast and forces you to get used to its weapons and mechanics, [i]quickly[i]. Only three maps into Episode 1 and it's been a painful lesson so far.

it doesn't help that Episode 1 is probably the hardest episode of the game either. Also crouching makes you take fewer shots from cultists

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Crouch, aim up and double shotgun blast zombies from point blank range, they fly into the air and often gib on re-entry. Also get used to popping around corners with the flare gun to snipe cultists, then hiding until you hear the screams :supaburn:

Convex fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 4, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Convex posted:

Crouch, aim up and double shotgun blast zombies from point blank range, they fly into the air and often gib on re-entry. Also get used to popping around corners with the flare gun to snipe cultists, then hiding until you hear the screams :supaburn:

Snipe? I think you mean star fire shot. HAVE EIGHT FLARES ALSO THEY EXPLODE SO YOU'RE ON FIRE IMMEDIATELY

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Snipe? I think you mean star fire shot. HAVE EIGHT FLARES ALSO THEY EXPLODE SO YOU'RE ON FIRE IMMEDIATELY

I find it more satisfying to use the single shot on cultists as it uses less ammo but leads to the same outcome

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Convex posted:

I find it more satisfying to use the single shot on cultists as it uses less ammo but leads to the same outcome

yeah but tiny napalm gun ult tho

i will say a cultist being hit by a flare and doing the safety crawl is hilarious

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I rarely use the spray bottle's primary fire, but it's alt-fire is a thing of beauty. It feels like it has a slightly larger blast radius than TNT, so you can light everybody in a decent sized room on fire in one go.

Once you get a good handle on the TNT, it's fun to lure gargoyles down so you can hit them in the face with it. I find the best place to practice is the rooftop of E4M1 with the two gargoyles and space to dodge around their attacks.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Since all this Blood is everywhere, Iratus: Lord of the Dead is free on GOG today only and although it's not an early FPS--or an FPS at all--the main character is voiced by Stephan Weyte, as I just learned, so you might as well take a copy.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Looks a lot like the Norfolk Botanical Gardens Xmas lights exhibit they do every year. I went there a few weeks back and it was awesome and pretty and now I can’t stop seeing fireblu.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

treat posted:

Since all this Blood is everywhere, Iratus: Lord of the Dead is free on GOG today only and although it's not an early FPS--or an FPS at all--the main character is voiced by Stephan Weyte, as I just learned, so you might as well take a copy.

Is it any good? It sounds kinda interesting but I've heard very little about it.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
apparently it's Darkest Dungeon but better (less grinding, cooler setting) according to some people. I haven't played more than the start of the tutorial but being the bad guys and working your way from the catacomb depths up to the surface seems rad.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Spiritual successor to System Shock 1 and Realms of the Haunting.

https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio/status/1478149052684406788

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

DOOM 2: Hell on Earth but using like, a CPS3 arcade board level sprite graphics.

If I must choose a sequel I would unironically take a Chex Quest Eternal

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Dark Forces 3.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
depth dwellers duo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Turok 4.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

A modernized Delta Force that still uses a Voxel engine (basically less clunky Delta Force).

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Shadowcaster 2

(I know that's just Heretic, gimme modern boomer shooter Heretic please)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Yeah. I love ROTH despite it not really sticking the landing.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Doom 2.5.

John Carmack taking GZDoom and increasing the framerate in complex maps by two (it still doesn't have proper multithreading).
Adrian Carmack doing remastered graphics (twice the resolution, so still pixelated) + 3 or 4 new official enemies
Romero doing an extra episode. Sigil 2? together two or three of the most lauded membres of the mapping community
Sanderson in there too, just to make the haters salty :P

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have made a vending machine for Quake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPQ0WNDAG70

Br3instyrm
Jan 3, 2013
I'd reach for the stars and make a FPS Laser Squad with co-op and pvp. It would have easy mapmaking and a scenario editor. There's probably a reason why no-one has tried it. Well, apart from Rainbow six series. A scifi take on the genre would be nice.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Blood 3, give the Death Wish guy unlimited money and free rein.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

A spiritual successor to Blood.

Ooh, no, wait, a Blake Stone ImSim.

A good alien invasion shooter, maybe a little Duke3D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Blood 2