Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
...is it really unbelievable that someone wouldn't think someone else was a creepy pervert for having an embarrassing condom accident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I happened to hit it off with a coworker who interviewed me (who was also a goon) in my first week at a job and we're still friends years later. It's not impossible to make a friend.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
also that phrase is frequently used in a tongue-in-cheek manner and does not actually mean the person truly thinks they have made a new friend for life

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

This might be confusing to some people here, but it is possible to genuinely like your coworkers and enjoy their company.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

From the very reliable narrator who thinks their interviewer who is training him is now their BFF after a week.

That struck my as hyperbolic, like the rest of their writing.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ensign Expendable posted:

I happened to hit it off with a coworker who interviewed me (who was also a goon) in my first week at a job and we're still friends years later. It's not impossible to make a friend.

Yeah - she didn’t interview me, but the person that trained me on day one of my lovely dining hall job in 2010 has been one of my best friends ever since

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Neito posted:

And how DID you two like driving in the Boston area. (I know that there's other places that are bad like this, but especially rotary talk screams Boston/Southeastern MA)
We both hated driving in Boston, ESPECIALLY the roundabouts, because the rule about who had right-of-way was reversed. The roundabouts here (northern California coast) have the correct solution, namely that cars in the roundabout have right-of-way and that cars merging in must yield.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ensign Expendable posted:

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Yeah - she didn’t interview me, but the person that trained me on day one of my lovely dining hall job in 2010 has been one of my best friends ever since

wrong, everyone secretly thinks you're creeps

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for telling my friend to treat her body hair?

quote:

A few days ago, I (F26) went out for lunch with three friends. Alaina (F26) is currently pregnant, I'm not sure how far in but her stomach is huge so I'd like to think she's in her mid to late third trimester. Hannah (F25) left to go to the bathroom when we were about to leave so Alaina got up and stretched her arms and her shirt lifted slightly to show a bit of her lower stomach. I'd happened to look over and noticed some stomach hair. Thankfully, it was pretty light so no one noticed. I thought I was seeing things so I asked her if she had any and she said yeah. I asked her why she didn't get rid of it and she said that it doesn't bother her and I told her that she should be thinking about her husband and how guys don't find that attractive.

Alaina said that Asra (her husband, M25) doesn't care but that honestly doesn't sound like him. Asra is 6'5" and about 200-210 lbs, he works out everyday and is very attractive and lean. I get that he's a sweet guy but there's no possible way he's allowing something like this. I told her that she already didn't put effort into her physical health (she's overweight: 5'1" and ~150 lbs before pregnancy and doesn't work out, only stretches) so the least she could do was clean up her body hair. Ava (F26) told me to "shut the f-ck up" and Alaina just started grabbing her things and fake crying and said she's happy with the way she is. I told her that her marriage won't last long if she keeps that mindset and that she should at least try to make herself look more physically attractive if she wants to compete with other woman who would easily attract Asra and try to stay even somewhat within his league. If Alaina hadn't snagged him in high school, I would have!

Ava told me to "mind my f-cking business" and that I was a "misogynistic" and "miserable" b-tch. I told her that the only reason she was defending Alaina is cause she's attracted to her and that women should put in effort to look nice for people. Ava just said that I was a bigoted "door-built" b-tch and started ignoring me when I tried defending myself. Hannah came back and said she had to leave urgently cause family emergency and started asking Alaina what was wrong and when I went to defend myself Ava dismissed me and told Hannah she'd tell her later and to ignore me. Hannah hugged Alaina and left in a hurry while Ava grabbed her and Alaina's things and left and ignored anything I said and Ava even pushed me away when I tried to get close to Alaina and said she'd "beat the sh-t out of me" if I tried some "sh-t like that" again.

Alaina and Ava blocked me on any form of contact I have with them now, Asra hasn't responded to any of my texts, and Hannah is questioning whether or not she wants to remain friends with me when she hasn't even heard my side I think that any body hair we have that isn't on our head should be removed because it's disgusting! I'm honestly looking out for Alaina's best interest so that she doesn't end up a single mom.

Tell us you want your friend's husban without telling us ... oh wait.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Midnight Voyager posted:

...is it really unbelievable that someone wouldn't think someone else was a creepy pervert for having an embarrassing condom accident?
If they felt the need to bring it up over drinks later after I studiously ignored the condoms, yes I would think they’re a bit off.

By OP’s own omission, coworker is explicitly telling him to stfu about the condoms.

OP can prove he’s not a creepy dude by taking the L and stop bringing it up.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dik Hz posted:

If they felt the need to bring it up over drinks later after I studiously ignored the condoms, yes I would think they’re a bit off.

By OP’s own omission, coworker is explicitly telling him to stfu about the condoms.

OP can prove he’s not a creepy dude by taking the L and stop bringing it up.

this poster has some serious condom related baggage

please tell us what it is

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh my god it just hit me, a c*ndom hurt their dick

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Dik Hz posted:

Naw that definitely didn't happened, and before you respond yes I know exactly what part you think you're referring to with this.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Grape posted:

Naw that definitely didn't happened, and before you respond yes I know exactly what part you think you're referring to with this.
How tf do you read “we swore each other to secrecy” as anything other than that, my dude?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

hawowanlawow posted:

this poster has some serious condom related baggage

please tell us what it is
Is creepy your tigger word?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Dik Hz posted:

How tf do you read “we swore each other to secrecy” as anything other than that, my dude?

By not being a turbo sad-brain who assumes I'm a grody pod-person undeserving of human contact?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Dik Hz posted:

Is creepy your tigger word?

pooh-poohing the situation isn't going to help make your point

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ouhei posted:

Reading that made me think the guy has some sort of suffering fetish.

Nah, he just gets off on making his girlfriend clean up his vomit and poo poo.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I'm getting real SA 2010 like vibes, that awkward stage where goons had started turning away from the high neckbeard era, but their method of doing so was to turn to intense self-loathing (usually projected at other goons rather than directly themselves of course).
That is bad and unhealthy too Dik Hz.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

wizardofloneliness posted:

This might be confusing to some people here, but it is possible to genuinely like your coworkers and enjoy their company.

Pssh, next you'll be telling me it's possible for spouses to love each other.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for telling my friend to treat her body hair?

Tell us you want your friend's husban without telling us ... oh wait.

Destroying your friendships with 3-4 people who you seem to have known since highschool, all while one of them is on a bathroom break...that's a pretty impressive feat.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for firing my brother's girlfriend over phone

quote:

Throwaway

I (35F) am the owner of a coffee shop. Linda (23F) is one of my employees who joined six months ago. Four months ago, she met my older brother (37M) and they started dating. Ever since they started dating, Linda has been acting like she owns the place. She never comes on time, and treats my other employees rudely. Every time I scold Linda, I end up receiving a call from my brother telling me not to pester his girlfriend. Recently, I've had enough. She's been shirking her responsibilites lately. Even after the holiday period ended, she chose not to show up. I called her up today, and she told me that she didn't feel like coming in. I told her that I've had enough, and that I was finally going to fire her. I told her we only needed diligent employees here, and that she was clearly not one of them. Hours later, my brother stormed into my house, cursing and yelling at me for firing his girlfriend. My husband kicked him out of the house, and I was honestly so annoyed.

My parents think I'm the AH for firing my brother's girlfriend and for kicking my brother out of our house. AITA?

Update: I received a call from my brother, who is very pissed as Linda has dumped him. He says that had I not fired Linda, he wouldn't have gotten dumped. To a certain degree, that may be true. However, if I hadn't fired Linda, that would have only been disadvantageous for my coffee shop business. I think this makes things very clear now. LOL

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

first tall father in law getting owned at basketball, now this guy getting run off by OP's husband and dumped

it's a good day to lol at ineffectual loser dudes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im glad Linda knows what she wants, to be loving the owner and doing nothing

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for refusing to pay my sister’s bill and giving her information to the restaurant after she ditched me?

quote:

This happened last night.

My sister and her BF recently moved to a town next to mine. I was excited as we’ll be able to see more of each other now. Nearby, there is a downtown center that has a lot of shopping, restaurants, galleries, etc. There is one upscale restaurant that both my husband and I love. A dinner for two will run you about $200-$250 so its not a place we frequently go to. My sister called me last week and invited us out to dinner with them at the restaurant last night. I reminded her it was an upscale place and to take a look at the menu beforehand because they are pricey and we can go somewhere else, tons of other great places. She said they still wanted to go. We hadn’t been there in a while so we accepted. Dinner was great!

At the end of the meal my sister excuses herself to the bathroom and when she doesn’t come back relatively soon her BF goes to find her. After a while, neither of them comes back. We go to check for them and they are gone. I call/text her and she texts back that they’ve left but ‘thanks for dinner, it was just as amazing as you said it would be’. I asked her what she meant but no response. I texted again asking if she really just stuck us with the bill and no response. I then texted that I never agreed to pay for them and that she had 30 minutes to come back to the restaurant or I’ll give the restaurant all her information and they will likely involve the police. No response. At the 30 minute mark I called/texted and got no response. So I stayed true to my word. I paid for mine and my husband's portion and gave all her information to the manager for their portion and then left.

The next day she called me back upset that she’s been getting calls from the restaurant asking her to come pay or they’ll contact the police. I said I’m not surprised since she skipped out on her bill. She said she thought I was paying the tab since I’ve paid for our dinners in the past (I have paid for her+me only dinners where the total tab was $60 max). I said this was obviously different than the other times we met for dinner (this was all four of us AND at an upscale restaurant) and I was not paying the $450 tab and she had to cover her portion. I reminded her that she invited us out and chose the restaurant. I specifically asked if she wanted to go somewhere else but she is the one who insisted on going to this restaurant. I ever agreed to pay for everyone. She then said she thought I’d just pay but when I asked the waiter for separate checks she realized I wasn’t and left for the bathroom planning to ditch. I said that since the restaurant hadn’t contacted the police yet, all she had to do was go in and pay and it would be settled. She didn’t want to do that because it would be too embarrassing and asked me to cover it. I again said no and that she had to take care of it.

Our family has gotten involved and I’m being pressured to just pay the bill. AITA if I don’t and let the restaurant call the police?

Clearly I will not be paying for anything ever again.

EDIT: Only answering a few questions a I'm seeing that I'm NTA and its only been less than an hour. This event really made me feel like a piggy bank and not a sister which is the most upsetting. -We are all early/mid-30s. -She's never really been this terrible BUT she has almost always found a way to bring my salary into conversations. For example the first time I met her BF, we were talking about cars as he just bought a brand new car. I said I'd like to get into a new car but that I can't afford it right now (true, I'm a saver and not a spender) and her response was 'You make xxx, you can definitely afford that car'. This event really made me feel like a piggy bank and not a sister which is the most upsetting.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Mx. posted:

AITA for refusing to pay my sister’s bill and giving her information to the restaurant after she ditched me?

Not the rear end in a top hat. How is this even in doubt?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Soylent Pudding posted:

How dare you stop paying for my prostitute!

Edit: If she never slept with him then "sugar baby" and extra lol.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 4, 2022

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

8one6 posted:

Not the rear end in a top hat. How is this even in doubt?

OP feels bad that technically she didn't specifically rule out paying for the people who invited her to a dinner.

But also now classic gotcha YTA of indoor dining during Omicron.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

It's a creepy power dynamic to date someone 12 years younger than you that relies on your family for their livelyhood.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Mx. posted:

There’s usually some good excuse for family to be unable to get involved due location or some other detail but they could literally pay for the sister with a single phone call. OP is seen as a cash cow.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

kimbo305 posted:

But also now classic gotcha YTA of indoor dining during Omicron.

Not everyone lives in a... what the phrase your president used?... shithole country.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Serephina posted:

Not everyone lives in a... what the phrase your president used?... shithole country.

Do you really think there’s a place right now that’s safe from omicron?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Metis of the Hallways posted:

excellent two-parter from askamanager

I accidentally threw condoms all over my interviewer’s desk

"Woops, I dropped my monster condom, that I use for my magnum dong!"

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Serephina posted:

this isn't about that and in fact doesn't have anything to do with it so i don't know why you'd bring it up, but nice burn on a person who probably did not vote for the person who said that

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

Better a cumshitter than a shitcummer, I always say.
Also rip cumshitter's account, I wonder if he cummed and/or shitted as he got perma'd

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Martman posted:

Also rip cumshitter's account, I wonder if he cummed and/or shitted as he got perma'd

I’m (kind of) aware of what went down but I’m going to take the preemptive strike here and ask that the situation with dearly departed cumshitter (which my autocorrect knows, so that’s something) remain out of this thread.

Mourning is fine, relitigation is not.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

teen witch posted:

I’m (kind of) aware of what went down but I’m going to take the preemptive strike here and ask that the situation with dearly departed cumshitter (which my autocorrect knows, so that’s something) remain out of this thread.

Mourning is fine, relitigation is not.
Understood. I mostly just noticed while catching up on the thread because this is where I've seen most of his posts.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Martman posted:

Understood. I mostly just noticed while catching up on the thread because this is where I've seen most of his posts.

No biggie, what you posted is perfectly in line - you’ve done nothing wrong. I just wanted to make it crystal clear for others

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
For those of us who don’t generally follow forum drama but would like to know more, is there a thread you could point to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Serephina posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

blame Teen Witch