Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My boss spent the entire day screaming because he fired the warehouse crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What was his long-term strategy on that one?

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I officially ran out of podcasts. Podcasts are what fuels my day.

Old Brenda one cube over from me talks to herself all day but is very nice and old as gently caress and nurturing so what u gonna do.

Luckily I can just wear headphones all day and enjoy podcasts and audiobooks. Suggestions are extremely welcome on that front btw

I'm considering saving up for a Garbage Brain University patreon sub but that will take a while

what's a good free byob comedy podcast :magemage:

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 4, 2022

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Escape From Noise

I slept poorly last night and overslept. Fortunately, I don't have much of anything to do today.

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

I slept poorly last night and overslept. Fortunately, I don't have much of anything to do today.

take napu :success:

Gramps

Areola Grande posted:

Old Brenda one cube over from me talks to herself all day but is very nice and old as gently caress and nurturing so what u gonna do.

Luckily I can just wear headphones all day and enjoy podcasts and audiobooks. Suggestions are extremely welcome on that front btw

I'm considering saving up for a Garbage Brain University patreon sub but that will take a while

Are You Garbage is my current favorite. Even when they don't have a guest it's really funny

Areola Grande

Gramps posted:

Are You Garbage is my current favorite. Even when they don't have a guest it's really funny

you've never steered me wrong Gramps :respek:

Escape From Noise

No good place for a hirune. I'll probably just knock off work a little early.

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

Have you listened to Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend?

hot cocoa on the couch

i had 15 days off of work during december and i thought about work on every single one of them! wtf!!!!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i had 15 days off of work during december and i thought about work on every single one of them! wtf!!!!!!!!!

It can be hard to switch off, especially if you are core support and used to being accosted at all hours to fix stuff

I booked 27th-31st as PTO and of course got bugged by people the whole week to fix their poo poo, it never loving ends :ughh:

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Areola Grande posted:

Have you ever read anything by Christopher Moore? His books would strongly fall into the adult humor category with a few touching stories. There is one about an angel causing zombies to rise at Christmas, three-part series about vampires in San Franciso, the adventures of the best friend of Jesus Christ (one of my favorites), and a take on Macbeth as told by the fool.

cruft

Here's what I would do:

Go get a library card, then sign up with either Libby or overdrive or hoopla, and start tearing through audio books.

Or just check out CDs, which are in every way a better deal for your local librarian, and not that much of a pain to deal with.

Also i recommend "Wizard People, Dear Reader".

doritto

cruft posted:

Here's what I would do:

Go get a library card, then sign up with either Libby or overdrive or hoopla, and start tearing through audio books.

Or just check out CDs, which are in every way a better deal for your local librarian, and not that much of a pain to deal with.

Also i recommend "Wizard People, Dear Reader".

Yeah I've been getting on the audio book train lately its so chill and makes me feel like I'm solidifying my brain which has been turned into mush after years of hardcore internet abuse.

Farecoal

There he go

Areola Grande posted:

Suggestions are extremely welcome on that front btw

Trashfuture, leftist comedic news and tech podcast based in the UK

Citations Needed, examines media and narratives from a left perspective

MBMBAM, three brothers give terrible, off-topic advice to listener questions, among other things

You're Wrong About, two journalists do deep-ish dives into topics that pop culture has remembered wrong

Rude Tales of Magic, comedy DnD podcast hosted by webcomic artist Branson Reese. Also actually funny

Ass-penny

the last decade or two have been a trip, sometimes it feels like no one listens to music anymore, even though I know that's not true.

Anyway good luck with the podcasts and being bugged on your days off y'all. I know it is not fun. I too fall in the trap of thinking about work a lot when I'm not there. In fact I'm closing tonight so I came here to say gently caress A JOB. Hopefully our worm-brained customers are trying to better themselves and make their own food so I can get some chapters in my book done.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Vernii

The HR department is about to be extremely unpopular. Management has decided to change up how PTO is distributed in a way that will screw up a lot of spring vacations for anyone without sufficient rollover. As a bonus, they haven't told the rest of the company about the change yet and the new policy is already going into effect.

It's going to be a Very Cool week as people take notice.

Cardi BYOB posted:

My boss spent the entire day screaming because he fired the warehouse crew

Pretty interested to know what his plan was there.

Vernii fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 4, 2022

Escape From Noise

Just put on Dopesmoker by Sleep. That'll kill an hour!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
good idea
time 2 drop out of life with bong in hand

Ass-penny

:hmmyes:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

I think I'm getting better at playing the giant game of telephone that is communicating with my superiors.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I went home for a sec cause I forgot my meds
man it's nice to get out

Areola Grande

i took ur advice but this album is p terrible so far. what's the payoff

Gramps

Areola Grande posted:

Are you really really stoned? cause you kinda gotta be really really stoned.

I prefer Dopethrone by Electric Wizard myself

more falafel please

forums poster

Areola Grande posted:

the drone is the payoff

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

:mods:

Ass-penny

more falafel please posted:

the drone is the payoff

let's get him to queue up Sunn O))) next

Areola Grande

more falafel please posted:

the drone is the payoff

:confused: what drone

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
i have a fond memory of sitting in my extremely lovely late 80s jeep wagoneer, complete with peeling fake wood side panels, and listening to the cd of supercoven, which my dad found somewhere and gave to me

we were trying to jump start it and the instant it fired up the cables got sucked into the cooling fan and shredded lol

Ass-penny

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_metal

Sarah Cenia posted:

i have a fond memory of sitting in my extremely lovely late 80s jeep wagoneer, complete with peeling fake wood side panels, and listening to the cd of supercoven, which my dad found somewhere and gave to me

we were trying to jump start it and the instant it fired up the cables got sucked into the cooling fan and shredded lol

lmao I hope you were both ok!

Areola Grande

well I'll be damned!

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

Welcome 2 my music Hell! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gramps posted:

Are you really really stoned? cause you kinda gotta be really really stoned.

I prefer Dopethrone by Electric Wizard myself

Dopethrone does have the best Stoner Metal album cover, probably of all time, but I prefer Sleep. I also have enjoyed Dopesmoker sober but I dunno. I like unlistenable poo poo.

Escape From Noise

I love drone but it feels like a stretch to call it a genre when the only bands seem to be Earth, Sunn O))), and bands started by members of Sunn O))) , and one of those bands' names is the title of an Earth song.

Areola Grande

in all honesty I was at the office and only trashed on sleep deprivation and codeine which turned out to suck rear end as a combo honestly :baduk:

I'll try again tomorrow when I'm only eating that brown we'd :hai:

Escape From Noise

YMMV. To be fair I like a lot of really noisy poo poo. A lot of noise/noise rock, stoner/sludge/drone metal, free jazz, etc.

Ass-penny

I love drone but it feels like a stretch to call it a genre when the only bands seem to be Earth, Sunn O))), and bands started by members of Sunn O))) , and one of those bands' names is the title of an Earth song.

Bands that identify as drone bands sound usually pretty different even from bands that identify as doom bands. Sleep and EW are great for different reasons. Sleep is a much more chill band, EW is what you listen to when you're really misanthropic. plenty of room for everyone imo

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

Bands that identify as drone bands sound usually pretty different even from bands that identify as doom bands. Sleep and EW are great for different reasons. Sleep is a much more chill band, EW is what you listen to when you're really misanthropic. plenty of room for everyone imo

I guess think of Sleep and Electric Wizard as stoner metal. The only drone metal I can think of are Earth's first couple albums, Sunn O))), Burning Witch (precursor to Sunn), Khanate (Members include members of Sunn), Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine (Formed by two members of Sunn O))) and named after an Earth song), and Khlyst (lead singer of Burning Witch).

I don't think it makes it bad. I just think it's funny. I try not to take my taste in music all that seriously. My friend who's a metalhead does that and it's so loving tedious.

Ass-penny

I guess think of Sleep and Electric Wizard as stoner metal. The only drone metal I can think of are Earth's first couple albums, Sunn O))), Burning Witch (precursor to Sunn), Khanate (Members include members of Sunn), Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine (Formed by two members of Sunn O))) and named after an Earth song), and Khlyst (lead singer of Burning Witch).

I don't think it makes it bad. I just think it's funny. I try not to take my taste in music all that seriously. My friend who's a metalhead does that and it's so loving tedious.

Isn't Runhild (the vocalist from Khlyst) the vocalist from Thorr's Hammer? I think Burning Witch and Thorr's Hammer are more doom but yeah there's a p finite line there. The singer in Burning Witch is named something like Edgy 59 and I love Burning Witch (SOMA is something of a hero of mine, he connects BW, TH, and Sunn). There is a Sunn inspired band named Moonn D))) from somewhere in Europe if I'm not mistaken. I saw a very droney band in my 20s named Endless Bummer and they were very good, don't remember where they were from. I know what you mean about not taking your taste in music so bloody seriously tho.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

Isn't Runhild (the vocalist from Khlyst) the vocalist from Thorr's Hammer? I think Burning Witch and Thorr's Hammer are more doom but yeah there's a p finite line there. The singer in Burning Witch is named something like Edgy 59 and I love Burning Witch (SOMA is something of a hero of mine, he connects BW, TH, and Sunn). There is a Sunn inspired band named Moonn D))) from somewhere in Europe if I'm not mistaken. I saw a very droney band in my 20s named Endless Bummer and they were very good, don't remember where they were from. I know what you mean about not taking your taste in music so bloody seriously tho.

Yeah, I just find it so funny. Like it's very closed loop in a way I don't think I've see in other genres. I guess you could all say they're in Sunn's orbit!!! :dadjoke:

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

YMMV. To be fair I like a lot of really noisy poo poo.

Every time you bring this up I feel like your username is inaccurate.