Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I would expect a bigger set of changes in a 6.05, if they’re coming. Performance in savage will tell the team a lot about balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

OddObserver posted:

Anyone feel like explaining the significance of dancer changes:

...Something to do with the esprit gauge, maybe? Does anything else care?

someone mentioned that weaponskills are buffed, not abilities, so eg those should work under arcane crest now.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

OddObserver posted:

Anyone feel like explaining the significance of dancer changes:

...Something to do with the esprit gauge, maybe? Does anything else care?

Indirect buff to reaper getting stacks when party members use weaponskills.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mister Olympus posted:

I would expect a bigger set of changes in a 6.05, if they’re coming. Performance in savage will tell the team a lot about balance.

This is 6.05.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I go into the tier as a dancer, hoping to get a few buffs at the door. Instead they make me... buff the reaper better.

I guess that's cool

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wonder if the wyrmwind buff is enough to change the drg opener, which currently considers the first fang and claw good enough to dump your first lifesurge into just to get the cooldown rolling. Presumably there's a point where wyrmwind is so strong that there's no point in lifesurging anything else, but I don't know what point that is

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Early job adjustments tend to be in x.05 and then also x.1, but that's just an overall trend from the past expansions.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Not giving PLD at least a tiny potency buff really hurts, though I suppose my FC is going to want me as WHM anyway.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol no changes to Paradox.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i can't believe they nerfed arcane crest :(

(also: urianger, godbert, emet selch)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Chillgamesh posted:

Patch notes are up.

Bunshin transforms into Phantom Kamaitachi and Fleeting Raiju isn't a gap closer any more + potency buff. woot

It's a weird change because if I'm reading it right, you only get one Raiju ability now? I'm not sure I'm a fan of that. The Bunshin/Kamaitachi change is great and Shroud/Communio should work the same way.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Chillgamesh posted:

Patch notes are up.

Bunshin transforms into Phantom Kamaitachi and Fleeting Raiju isn't a gap closer any more + potency buff. woot

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you no longer get to do both Raiju attacks; it's not a two hit combo anymore. Forked no longer gives Raiju ready and they can both be done immediately after Raiton. Instead you choose between two variants like RDM's Displacement and Coward's Displacement. The potency buff is just to make up for the fact that it's only one hit now. Although it also saves you a GCD I guess.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lol no changes to Paradox.

Yeah this is really weird, but I guess they're waiting for the playerbase to get their hands on Savage to see if the no-Fire IV thing is actually good or not.

Clarste posted:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you no longer get to do both Raiju attacks; it's not a two hit combo anymore. Forked no longer gives Raiju ready and they can both be done immediately after Raiton. Instead you choose between two variants like RDM's Displacement and Coward's Displacement. The potency buff is just to make up for the fact that it's only one hit now. Although it also saves you a GCD I guess.

Eimi posted:

It's a weird change because if I'm reading it right, you only get one Raiju ability now? I'm not sure I'm a fan of that. The Bunshin/Kamaitachi change is great and Shroud/Communio should work the same way.)

That was my reading of it too, but it's somewhat offset by Phantom Kamaitachi no longer consuming a Bunshin stack without dealing extra damage, right?

e: lol since PK is decoupled from Bunshin/having Bunshin stacks and PK Ready buff has a 45 second uptime, you can now always PK in Trick too

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 4, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

i can't believe they nerfed arcane crest :(

I'm upset about this

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm upset about this

i was a good red healer!!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah this is really weird, but I guess they're waiting for the playerbase to get their hands on Savage to see if the no-Fire IV thing is actually good or not.

That was my reading of it too, but it's somewhat offset by Phantom Kamaitachi no longer consuming a Bunshin stack without dealing extra damage, right?

e: lol since PK is decoupled from Bunshin/having Bunshin stacks and PK Ready buff has a 45 second uptime, you can now always PK in Trick too

I dunno how the dps of it works out, my angle is doing more lightning attacks is good and doing less lightning attacks is bad.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
No, I've been nerfed into the ground :negative:

quote:

Reaper
Action Adjustment
Arcane Crest Cure potency of the Crest of Time Returned effect has been reduced from 100 to 50.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

For what it's worth, the average potency per gcd of the basic Ninja combo is 300, so doing 2 hits for 400 only added 200 potency above not doing it. While doing one hit for 560 adds 260. So it's actually a buff.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

sam's out here getting range increases on iaijutsu while i'm crying in gnb every time i need to move the boss

continuation range increase, please, i'm begging

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

The Raiju change is a straight up buff. It went from being a 2 part combo with an average potency of around 425 to one gcd with a potency of 560. The Ninki gain is the same and the restrictiveness of having to use a gap closer is gone.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Eimi posted:

I dunno how the dps of it works out, my angle is doing more lightning attacks is good and doing less lightning attacks is bad.

I wasn't sick of it at all yet either but I definitely can see after doing EX1 as a healer how quickly I might get sick of needing to use two use-it-or-lose-it high damage gap closers back to back.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Reaper was putting healers out of a job so they nerfed us out of jealousy smh

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

I go into the tier as a dancer, hoping to get a few buffs at the door. Instead they make me... buff the reaper better.

I guess that's cool

hey, you're not just buffing reaper better, you're also buffing monk better by giving them more chakras that they'll overcap on

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
What is the significance of the dancer changes? What does changing the finishers from abilities to weaponskills do?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Reaper was putting healers out of a job so they nerfed us out of jealousy smh

i'm still gonna use crest on every raidwide though. they can't stop me. :colbert:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Klewer posted:

The Raiju change is a straight up buff. It went from being a 2 part combo with an average potency of around 425 to one gcd with a potency of 560. The Ninki gain is the same and the restrictiveness of having to use a gap closer is gone.

I'm not sure why Fleeting Raiju couldn't be ranged at least, though.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Professor Beetus posted:

What is the significance of the dancer changes? What does changing the finishers from abilities to weaponskills do?

triggers circle of sacrifice for reaper and meditative brotherhood for monk

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

It's for Reaper. They already functioned as weapon skills in that they activated the GCD, but they didn't add stacks to reaper's harvest.

E: oh and monk

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Professor Beetus posted:

They benefit from and are benefited by anything that cares about weaponskills. Notably Reaper and Monk both have things that care about weaponskills/spell casts but not ability use.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Red Metal posted:

triggers circle of sacrifice for reaper and meditative brotherhood for monk

Ah ok. Well, cool I guess. Would have been nice to get some sort of buff but I guess I'm the fool for leveling two ranged physical dps classes to 90 before literally anything else.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Professor Beetus posted:

Abilities are usually oGCD, weaponskills are on the GCD. I didn't realize dance finishers weren't GCD already, but I don't play dancer a ton.

Things like Brotherhood and Arcane Circle affect the user when party members use weaponskills.

This change wouldn't affect Dancer's own Esprit gain because that is only triggered on normal combo GCDs.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Professor Beetus posted:

Ah ok. Well, cool I guess. Would have been nice to get some sort of buff but I guess I'm the fool for leveling two ranged physical dps classes to 90 before literally anything else.

Dancer is still going to be very popular in groups for all the utility they bring. Also dance partner is some nonsense.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Abilities are usually oGCD, weaponskills are on the GCD. I didn't realize dance finishers weren't GCD already, but I don't play dancer a ton.

Things like Brotherhood and Arcane Circle affect the user when party members use weaponskills.

This change wouldn't affect Dancer's own Esprit gain because that is only triggered on normal combo GCDs.

dancer finishers were already on the GCD, the ability to weaponskill change is entirely just for arcane circle and brotherhood

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Red Metal posted:

hey, you're not just buffing reaper better, you're also buffing monk better by giving them more chakras that they'll overcap on

imagine a world where monk could double weave without clipping and actually spend all this god drat chakra

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Clarste posted:

I'm not sure why Fleeting Raiju couldn't be ranged at least, though.

Ninja is already spoiled for choice when it comes to ranged abilities. I don't see it as particularly unfortunate.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

...but what if you had two dancers?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
it's bullshit that bunshin turns into pk but minor arcana doesn't turn into crown play, please dear god save me from this bullshit ability

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aw yiss... Ive been waiting for this

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Kelly/status/1478239196191940608?t=PvoZu7pr6d7Yh5f-EKUwdg&s=19

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
"New elite marks have been added"? I wonder what that's about. I don't recall them ever adding new hunts in a patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

"New elite marks have been added"? I wonder what that's about. I don't recall them ever adding new hunts in a patch.

This is nothing new. They add new marks in patches every expansion.