Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

ozymandius1024 posted:

It happens when you've got alcoholics in your family :)

You can throw me in with the "never done anything" crowd. I never identified as a straight edge, but I just stuck with it after high school and never felt a strong desire to start doing anything. (which is kinda funny considering my avatar, but w/e)

Oh I get it, I'm in recovery myself, I just never knew we were such a bunch of squares!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Punky Brewster and Just Say No had a powerful effect.

Smh, forgetting the harrowing tale of the caffeine pill scourge at Bayside High School

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

Smh, forgetting the harrowing tale of the caffeine pill scourge at Bayside High School

"I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm...so...SCARED!!" :cry:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i didn't try cannabis until i was 30. honestly the most compelling part about cannabis has been the way it helps with all the pains that come from just getting old. low dose THC or just CBD is so helpful for daily life pain bullshit. i have friends in the industry who just really love getting high and they all think its hilarious when i talk about how much low dose thc helps my IBS and old man pains

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Do cultists worship the blue horse god

man i miss denver sometimes. the blue horse god was one of my favorite weird things about that city

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rectal Placenta posted:

Dango Bango posted:

"I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm...so...SCARED!!" :cry:

They slipped in a new reference to this in season 2 of the new Saved By The Bell.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I caught someone in a lie on the internet tonight and I've never been so proud of myself in my life. I want the screenshots on my tombstone.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This was 2 minutes well spent.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1478145149808963586?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

So are there jobs that don’t drug test?

Tons of jobs. If you don't operate machinery the post office doesn't drug test, no restaurant I've ever worked for tested (haven't worked for any large chains but I've worked for a couple regional ones), the vast majority of desk jobs don't drug test. Retail will sometimes drug test at hire, but then never again according to friends who've done that. Starbucks doesn't drug test, I'd be very surprised if Amazon warehouse employees were drug tested (they churn through so many people so quickly it would be expensive and time consuming, and they'd probably be dosing their employees with speed already if it were legal). Any computer touching job that doesn't require security clearance (I don't know one way or the other about the ones that do) likely doesn't drug test.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

"Disney World! gently caress YEAH!" is what I yell constantly in this house.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Most state agencies in Washington also don't drug test unless you do something like drive a car in to a wall or get caught reeking of booze or stealing meds. Half the time they don't even check your license to be sure it's not expired or suspended before you take out an agency car in King County, which was fun when someone got pulled over and it came out they had a suspended license for like 2 DUIs they got after they'd been hired.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

General Dog posted:

So are there jobs that don’t drug test?

I would think the majority of jobs? I have noticed that working at old east coast based companies were the only time I have been tested, while pretty much nothing based in CA tests (even before legalization). Like most things, it probably falls more on the lower paid/lower level employee disproportionately, no software person making 200k in silicon valley gets tested but I would not be surprised if the person making $10 an hour at a nearby mall is.

Also, got Hades after thread chat, beat last boss on my 17th run using the sword boosted to attack fast and heal per hit, pretty much face tanked everything. I am not used to using a controller and now my right forearm is sore.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 4, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
my job drug tested even though I ride a desk but that was ten years ago and has never drug tested since I was hired

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

….no Maggie that’s Dave’s bed

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I think I took a drug test when I first started at the health system of the institution I'm at now. That was about 10 years ago. Four years ago, I moved over to the university side. No test. Switched gigs within the institution again a month ago, and again, no test.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

bobjr posted:

I decided to spend my last vacation day to see Spider-Man and it was worth it

This except my wife and I watched The French Dispatch which was also quite enjoyable if weird. Extremely Wes Anderson.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Most fortune 500s test

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1478191072073420802

seems fine

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

If only they tested less they wouldn't have this issue

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

We’re two days in!

Also doing strict paleo.

Question- is there a good app/program for total diet/exercise routines for home stuff? I have free weights and a knockoff Bowflex type machine. I'm not going to the gym. Everything I've done diet or exercise wise has been half-assed and intermittent, so I guess I'm ready to go full cultist in a program like P90X or some poo poo

edit- and I guess while I'm admitting my failures as an adult, how do I get weed in Alabama beyond making friends

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Idk wtf happened but I personally knew 7 people, all vaccinated, that caught covid in the past month. None of them were around each other. Two of them have new-ish born babies that also caught covid. Thankfully nobody got it too bad and the babies are fine.

Scary poo poo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

"Disney World! gently caress YEAH!" is what I yell constantly in this house.

Same

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Idk wtf happened but I personally knew 7 people, all vaccinated, that caught covid in the past month. None of them were around each other. Two of them have new-ish born babies that also caught covid. Thankfully nobody got it too bad and the babies are fine.

Scary poo poo.

yea the vaccines don't stop you from catching it, even with the booster. omicron is absurdly infectious. we actually just shattered a one day record today by getting over 1 million new cases

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1478196949287424004?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I knew it wouldn’t stop anyone from getting it it was just shocking that 7 people I know all got it right at the same time after having gone this long and not getting it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A family member couldn't get the surgery they were scheduled for this week thanks to catching covid from one of their adult kids after repeatedly insisting "it's just a cold"

:thunk:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah I knew it wouldn’t stop anyone from getting it it was just shocking that 7 people I know all got it right at the same time after having gone this long and not getting it.

We just had two today in our social group on an island where we've usually had <10/day per 150,000, and they were at an outdoor BBQ with us Sunday :( God knows how hard and fast it's hitting here, but I'm going to guess it's going to ramp up significantly, and our hospital capacity is quite small.

No symptoms for me yet, but drinking lots of water and resting a lot for the rest of the day.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
My mom needs to get a lymph node biopsy to see if she has cancer but the biopsy is being delayed by covid, as well as being the apparently-less-ideal non-surgical option due to the hospital ceasing non-essential surgeries. You know, I'm starting to think this covid thing is pretty inconvenient.

(Apparently she's not presenting with totally normal lymphoma symptoms but a bunch of other tests have come back negative. The good news is that scans show it's a super early catch if it is cancer; it hasn't spread in the slightest)

e: this is how we got her to try weed again (allergic reaction to some of the antibiotics they temporarily had her on), which is a bit darkly humorous

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Relentlessboredomm posted:

yea the vaccines don't stop you from catching it, even with the booster. omicron is absurdly infectious. we actually just shattered a one day record today by getting over 1 million new cases

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1478196949287424004?s=20

Vaccines absolutely reduce the chance of catching it, even if you don't have the booster yet:

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1472932495092232201

Yes, boosted people can catch it, and this data needs to be updated, but saying "vaccines don't stop it" is incorrect. It's "vaccines reduce the chance of getting it."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Whelp my flight home was rescheduled to January 6 & instead of flying out of Dulles I get to use Reagan. I suspect it was due to COVID affecting the crew.

Going to be interesting being in DC on the anniversary of an attempted insurrection. Maybe in a couple hundred years MAGA hats will be back in vogue with some weird internet subgroup after seeing it used in some blockbuster streaming show based on a comic book.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

DLINK please hook up a giant TV at your wedding and walk down the aisle to this

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
D-LINK, are you going to move to :france: or are you cursing your new bride to have to live in :911:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Android Apocalypse posted:

D-LINK, are you going to move to :france: or are you cursing your new bride to have to live in :911:

Each go halfway and live on the Azores.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Samadhi posted:

DLINK please hook up a giant TV at your wedding and walk down the aisle to this

There’s other songs (and scenes) from Team America that would also work for this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

There’s other songs (and scenes) from Team America that would also work for this.

I don't remember much of that movie buy will always have a special place in my heart for when main character guy goes undercover and they tell him he'll have to kill himself if he's caught, so they give him an old hammer.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/First4Traffic/status/1478334073462575107

10 inches isn't normal around there

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't remember much of that movie buy will always have a special place in my heart for when main character guy goes undercover and they tell him he'll have to kill himself if he's caught, so they give him an old hammer.

I’m pretty sure the movie opens with the the Eiffel Tower and most of Paris being destroyed as collateral damage from them stopping terrorists. Plus the whole puppet sex scene.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

With how work from home has gotten a lot easier for a lot of jobs, I’ve never been a fan of the “bad weather is no excuse to be late” like the weather and every other driver is no factor in your commute.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Even Senator Kaine is trapped

https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/1478357477158756352?t=4Sz-WVN33AqiHBwEjEYdiA&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

speak for yourself :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

It seems like every time there’s a big snow dump in Portland at least a couple people straight up abandon their cars in the middle of the interstate, like, decide the icy roads aren’t worth it and just walk away leaving their vehicle behind, and usually I’m utterly baffled by that kind of decision making, but man, that kinda jam makes me understand.