Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibblebibble posted:

Well this is one hell of a way to find out that Betty White died.

Better or worse than via the meme thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

kirbysuperstar posted:

Better or worse than via the meme thread?

It has been several days at this point.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The future looks dark.

...and sludgy...

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
File under "duuuuuuuuh"

https://twitter.com/ummjackson/status/1415353984617914370

Jackson Palmer was one of the guys who started dogecoin. He is the idiot for not immediately understanding that crypto is a sham

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/lgsorceress/status/1478196786007351296

Some real contenders in there.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Chud grifters and chud true believers are both terrible actually, you fool

Arguably a C.H.U.D. grifter is worse than a true believer because they know what they're doing is wrong and still do it. (See also any cop/soldier "just doing their job/following orders")

From a practical standpoint there is no meaningful distinction since intentions only exist inside the head of the C.H.U.D. grifter in question and are nonexistent and irrelevant to anyone else.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

"May causive massive psychic damage?" Come on, I know Twitter is bad but ... OK, I got past the usual hot takes to the one about the Bidens raw dogging it while watching Wolf Blitzer and I need to talk to my therapist.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

i deeply regret reading these

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Scratch Monkey posted:

File under "duuuuuuuuh"

https://twitter.com/ummjackson/status/1415353984617914370

Jackson Palmer was one of the guys who started dogecoin. He is the idiot for not immediately understanding that crypto is a sham

I always struggle a little bit to explain succinctly why crypto is a scam, and that's a drat good summary.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Didn't Dogecoin originally start as gag currency? If so this dude was aware of the grift from the beginning and decided to get in on it when people took his joke money seriously.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Mak0rz posted:

Didn't Dogecoin originally start as gag currency? If so this dude was aware of the grift from the beginning and decided to get in on it when people took his joke money seriously.

Yeah, I think so. Iirc, dogecoin doesn't have a built in scarcity mechanism (ie a ramping difficulty to mine new tokens) like bitcoin, ethereaum etc so the fact it has value at all blows out the arguments against fiat currency being "made up" that crypto bros like to assert.

Also, crypto isn't actually a currency as I understand it because it still needs to be changed to actual money for it to have value. Just because you can trade it for drugs on the internet doesn't mean the bank accepts it to pay your mortgage. Its just a further abstracted commodity like pork bellies, except it isn't actually useful for anything. The whole thing is just a weird hypercapitalist scam but people are making money with it so it doesn't seem like its going anywhere anytime soon.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Its the Biden rawdogging one and its not even close.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

KirbyKhan posted:

Poem notable because the next line has like the first historical instance of Eggplant emoji

"My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than empires and more slow;"

🍆 💦

:golfclap:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mak0rz posted:

Thats what I remember, and that sounds right to me

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Didn't Dogecoin also collapse in price after Elon Musk made fun of it?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Didn't Dogecoin also collapse in price after Elon Musk made fun of it?

He specifically did a pump and dump. Hyped it up as the future, sold off his shares, then tanked it. You know, as Musk is want to do. He really is the dumb guy's version of a rich person, right down to even doing the typical rich person crimes in the dumbest way possible.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

If you're rich enough they're not crimes, they're features.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/theurigeller/status/1478380726961778693

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The tragedy is that he can't dig it out because all his shovels are bent.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

"man who sued nintendo for pokemon using his name and likeness discovers arc of the covenant under disused soap factory"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Coolness Averted posted:

"man who sued nintendo for pokemon using his name and likeness discovers arc of the covenant under disused soap factory"

Isn't it one of those things like Jesus's tomb, where everybody knows where it is but lunatics keep "discovering" it in new and exciting places to support whatever crazy agenda they are pushing? The arc is in Ethiopia.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Everyone knows where Jesus's tomb is, it's just that where everyone knows it is depends on your sect of Christianity.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I'm probably just missing :thejoke: but my first thought was "If it's really not Covid, than ol' dude is going through some alcohol withdrawals/DTs."

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Church of the Holy Sepulture and . . . some random place in Japan? Those are the only two I'm aware of beyond the occasional bit of clickbait. There is the question of "which Jesus?" but, you know, the one we've constructed.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Read After Burning posted:

I'm probably just missing :thejoke: but my first thought was "If it's really not Covid, than ol' dude is going through some alcohol withdrawals/DTs."

The RATs aren't exactly 100% accurate. It's very likely to be covid and he's just a loving moron.

Everything could be a performance piece but even if it is there are a million guys doing exactly this bit but for real.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Jesus's tomb is in Dayton, OH. All Christians know this.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dayton is where good things go to die, makes sense.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I still gently caress up if it's Oregon or Organ district.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/bopinion/status/1478214668929933314

Source: The company that owns all the diamonds

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

Jesus's tomb is in Dayton, OH. All Christians know this.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Mormons.

So:

-A hill in Japan
-A church in Jerusalem
-A church in Dayton, OH

One of these things is not like the other....

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The arc of the covenant is the line described when you chuck the covenant as hard as you can. Uri Geller is going to throw the covenant.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Mormons.

So:

-A hill in Japan
-A church in Jerusalem
-A church in Dayton, OH

One of these things is not like the other....

Protestant Jesus was buried in a different place in Jerusalem.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

"ugh wow i feel awful and shakey and cold and i have no appetite and can't smell anything and i think i might die TIME TO SIT IN A loving RESTAURANT FOR OVER AN HOUR"

This is why we can't have nice things. Or any things at the rate this poo poo is going.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

1stGear posted:

no its the biden cage one. its literally the old guy did this and it was the worst but the guy with my team s hirt on is doing it and its the best

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dewgy posted:

"ugh wow i feel awful and shakey and cold and i have no appetite and can't smell anything and i think i might die TIME TO SIT IN A loving RESTAURANT FOR OVER AN HOUR"

This is why we can't have nice things. Or any things at the rate this poo poo is going.

Like, even if it wasn’t covid as there’s always a bunch of poo poo going around… if you’re feeling that sick how could you be such an rear end to put people unnecessarily at risk to catching whatever it is? And then advertise this fact to the entire internet?

It’s incredible how few people have learned anything whatsoever in 2 years.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Isn't it one of those things like Jesus's tomb, where everybody knows where it is but lunatics keep "discovering" it in new and exciting places to support whatever crazy agenda they are pushing? The arc is in Ethiopia.

Jesus' body is still being used by Jesus. If we're talking about the same Jesus.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

1stGear posted:

i dunno, the third one in the first post might be one of the worst things ive ever read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Inceltown posted:

The RATs aren't exactly 100% accurate. It's very likely to be covid and he's just a loving moron.

Everything could be a performance piece but even if it is there are a million guys doing exactly this bit but for real.

"Excuse me, doctor. It CAN'T be Covid...I still feel like listening to music! :colbert:"