Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

imagine sitting around watching that whole john galt speech on tv

it makes me think of the qanon types who expect everyone to be glued to their tvs watching show trials and executions day and night because boomers can't imagine not watching tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My brother who just had a kid, his wife is a teacher at the elementary school where I went

poo poo school, no resources, horribly impoverished community

She's mid-career and makes $38K a year

seems very depressing

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My brother who just had a kid, his wife is a teacher at the elementary school where I went

seems very depressing

some teachers still get pensions so there's that at least :smith:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
why did ball tazeman stop posting

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

seems very depressing

it's worse than you think

edit I posted this in Covid thread but:

One of our teachers just nuked his own career in an email to the entire faculty accusing the principal of stealing money from employees (!) pandemic sick days I guess were the root of the issue

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

fits my needs posted:

maybe they will eventually make u a real teacher just cuz of attrition

I think this happens a lot really, at least in some states.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

petit choux posted:

I think this happens a lot really, at least in some states.

it happens a lot, everywhere. ask me how the gently caress I know

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CaptainBeefart posted:

Anyone who reads Ayn Rand books has the mentality of a high schooler.

Yes I read two of her books right out of high school when I worked third shift. Thankfully I learned my lesson and transitioned to Philip K Dick and The Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Castaneda.

hella same

Ayn Rand is best read in high school to get it out of your system

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Alec Eiffel posted:

the number of teacher absences this week is absurd.

they asked me to come in even though my wife is positive and I am, allegedly, not.

I will not be shocked if we go to distance learning simply because of the number of absences.

(I told them I cannot in good conscience go in.)

One of the schools in NYC had to do that. Our new mayor is not happy, but what the gently caress were they supposed to do?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

seems very depressing

Reminds me of when I was in the military and all the enlisted types on food stamps and that's with the tax free exchange to shop at. "But you get free healthcare and a pension" right lololol. You're straight hosed until you can hit E-5 and pull BAH and even then shits odd.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ben Nerevarine posted:

hella same

also because that's when you have the self-absorption necessary to have the whole thing land

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

being a teacher seems like one of those careers, you know, you go to school for 4 years and you plan on being a teacher in one school for your whole life, its a big personal investment in both your own education and your overall lifestyle, and a critical job for society to function. all so you can earn poverty wages and struggle your entire life. america sucks man

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

#TrustThePlan

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

fits my needs posted:

they won’t

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

tacodaemon posted:

imagine sitting around watching that whole john galt speech on tv

it makes me think of the qanon types who expect everyone to be glued to their tvs watching show trials and executions day and night because boomers can't imagine not watching tv

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/SolNataMD/status/1478383422833930251

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

fits my needs posted:

imagining cumshitter getting extremely mad about this

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1478395800711356417

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So are people just making GBS threads on the side of the road and eating the foam from their seats in DC or what?

https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/1478357477158756352

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ben Nerevarine posted:

hella same

Also good for cheap laughs as you get older. The funniest part may be the pirate who just blows up ships carrying things for charity because they did nothing to earn it. "I want to kill Santa Claus."

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Justin Tyme posted:

being a teacher seems like one of those careers, you know, you go to school for 4 years and you plan on being a teacher in one school for your whole life, its a big personal investment in both your own education and your overall lifestyle, and a critical job for society to function. all so you can earn poverty wages and struggle your entire life. america sucks man

and then to top it off many seek additional levels of education for, at best, modest increases in income.

like going from 4-year to doctorate only gets you from like $38k to $68k for the low low cost of thousands and thousands of dollars in additional debt and stress.

it’s a crime how we treat these people

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

imagining cumshitter getting extremely mad about this

school keeps getting e-mails but misread them as engagement and promote Alec more and more

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

official school vlog - a weekly series

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

owned lol

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ragequit posted:

So are people just making GBS threads on the side of the road and eating the foam from their seats in DC or what?

https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/1478357477158756352

This man could have been Vice President

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Ragequit posted:

no, in Virginia

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Red Baron posted:

and then to top it off many seek additional levels of education for, at best, modest increases in income.

like going from 4-year to doctorate only gets you from like $38k to $68k for the low low cost of thousands and thousands of dollars in additional debt and stress.

it’s a crime how we treat these people

beats getting drone striked so I guess livin' in USA is a wash I guess?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1478221098307268612

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Alec, see if they will let you do the morning announcements

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

UFOTacoMan posted:

beats getting drone striked so I guess livin' in USA is a wash I guess?

many sides

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Red Baron posted:

actually it only gets about one in a hundred applicants to that point

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

tacodaemon posted:

no, in Virginia

I meant on the way to DC, but yeah. Should be a fun balance of running the car to try and stay warm and making it to your destination.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

UFOTacoMan posted:

Alec, see if they will let you do the morning announcements

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

they were a crypto meme? these guys have been a meme since the 80s

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I have a pet theory that Rodgers is going extra chud to curry support from your average football fan. prior to this season he was seen as a diva type by some.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

drat rip to the island boys

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sounds like these teachers should've learned to not get stupid jobs :smug:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

mdemone posted:

actually it only gets about one in a hundred applicants to that point

yeah, the numbers are sad for masters degrees as well, I was just astonished what the meager gains even to maxed out education got you

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

my sister is a middle spanish teacher with a masters degree lol. early on during covid she was nearly in tears talking to me on the phone telling me the school district was forcing to work in person in the poorly ventilated school while the kids stayed him for some reason. superintendent is apparently a gigantic piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Hatebag posted:

Sounds like these teachers should've learned to not get stupid jobs :smug:

those who can, do…