Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
making GBS threads all over John McGuirk to the point that McGuirk threw a huff about being betrayed by a college acquaintance was pretty funny too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
€40 for a slab. It's loving mad.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Mrenda posted:

€40 for a slab. It's loving mad.

a 50 bag will last you a week mate.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Southpaugh posted:

a 50 bag will last you a week mate.

That's last me a couple months tbh

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Correction, a 50 bag lasts me a week.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I can understand the gov plowing ahead with schools reopening cause they need the babysitters for the working economic units.

But it's mad they're trying say they're safe while refusing to bring back contact tracing.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine
Schools have been a particularly egregious example of NPHET/government doublespeak for quite a while now. The government lines of "Covid doesn't spread in schools, send your kids they're safe. Also we don't need contact tracing in them. Also teachers can't be close contacts" are patently nonsense to anyone whos glanced at infection numbers in kids or who has ever been inside a school.

The older/immunocompromised teachers are really getting screwed. Its criminal that teachers over 60 are being forced to go into classrooms with 30 humans in them when covid is so rampant.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
Tell me about it, both my parents and the siblings still at home caught it from my nephew who brought it from school.

And that's counted as a household transmission because they don't track it in schools.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
"Kids like school" has to be the most blatant lie the government told all pandemic TBH.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
We as a nation are getting very very close to just admitting school is more of a holding area for children and teenagers and that any real learning is usually at best a happy side effect. :v: But really we know why this is like this, close the schools and workers stay home to mind children and we can't be having any of that atm. That's why the coalition is so keen on copying the CDC of all people and cutting mandatory quarantine to 5 loving days, we need our workers at work, god drat it, and if they get sick well...

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

FYI s all use, I bought some ffp2s from arco safety for stupid small money. I got paranoid that they had to be junk because they were so cheap (20 masks for 6ish euro) but its an established company and I just used one of the masks in public and the seal was excellent.
So, if you like the look, buy the arco safety ffps 20 mask box set for 5-6 euro

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
Kids supposed to be in tomorrow but they're only in primary so might wait until Monday see how it plays out.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Whole country is on a minor snow warning so maybe no one will have to deal with it yet

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Hmm maybe I should have thought about getting some snow tires at some point. This is like the 1 week of the summer where everybody says "hmm maybe I should have thought about finally getting AC"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1479009584182448131?s=20

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

:sickos:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah... a fox did it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Only foxes drink Dutch Gold.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It's lazy raining / snowing!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it's starting to come down properly now

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Not in northside Dublin anyway

E: lil bit shitey now

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 7, 2022

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

East Kildare

My camera is shite but they're really thick flakes and here's me still needing to fetch some firewood.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Same in West wicklow. Supposed to rain later though.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Just raining as always in Cork City

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

gonadic io posted:

East Kildare

My camera is shite but they're really thick flakes and here's me still needing to fetch some firewood.

i like your plants, they're fancy

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
thanks they're plastic

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
that's very clever

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
christ how are things more hosed than england here

turns out the virus can reproduce before 8pm after all

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Reasonably sure none of our numbers are even remotely reflective of the reality of the matter. It's probably worse by 25%.

Things are hosed here because of England and the British cargo cult mindset of FF/FG/Greens. Whatever the tories do they do, why? Cos britains where the money comes from. Keeping downing st happy has been high on the list of concerns since the formation of the free state. Slots right in with neo-liberal ideology. So long as the virus isn't killing anyone you'd miss we'll still have it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Who cares what percent tests are positive if you only test symptomatic people?

The US, UK and Denmark are all ahead in hospitalizations. Denmark is doing pretty okay.

I mean are you out of hospital beds or ICU?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
We have like 140 ICU beds in the whole country so the answer to that is "yes, since 1996" TBH.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Has anyone considered creating Bunk ICU Beds, in order to deal with the rising numbers?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I remember being a tween just becoming politically aware during the trolley crisis and now I'm 34 and it's still never been fixed lol

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Shoehead posted:

I remember being a tween just becoming politically aware during the trolley crisis and now I'm 34 and it's still never been fixed lol

Like, it is systematically impossible to fix it as we are. The whole system needs a rework to get hospital services to a level where, say flu season in the winter, doesn't drag the system to a grinding halt.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's ideologically impossible to fix it. The government parties won't invest in state infrastructure unless it drives FDI.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Arquinsiel posted:

We have like 140 ICU beds in the whole country so the answer to that is "yes, since 1996" TBH.

think we have 280 but only half of them are available for covid.

and also feels like the lovely healthcare is as designed. it's a carrot and stick for people with decent salaries. you don't want to end up on a trolley so you give a bit of paycheck to private companies because it seems like a good deal when you consider the tax back.

Marenghi fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 12, 2022

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Same as the booze tax. Fine Gael are corporatist shits, bowing to pressure from the Vintner's Association again.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/1Hildegarde/status/1480966224603672578

the massive lorries all going through the center of towns is definitely the worst part of my experience moving to Ireland, I can take or leave the private bins in comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Oh cool, let's take the already criminally overworked haulage system and tell them to take less resting time. No one has ever crashed due to tiredness...