Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/nocontext_OAN/status/1478396295933054987

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

an american scene: an overweight retired boomer couple in their straight-out-of-1970 unupdated living room with ratty carpet and natural wood trim and doorframes, sitting in silence on two giant motorized la-z-boys (which is the only form of seating in the room), incandescent bulbs illuminating the lovely wood-paneling walls, watching all the usual qanon suspects walking one by one up to gallows at guantanamo on a 50" TCL tv set atop the cheapest walmart tv stand money can buy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

dew worm posted:

I have a pet theory that Rodgers is going extra chud to curry support from your average football fan. prior to this season he was seen as a diva type by some.

it helps him as chuds are about to take complete power and won't lose it again

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

dew worm posted:

I have a pet theory that Rodgers is going extra chud to curry support from your average football fan. prior to this season he was seen as a diva type by some.

Nah he's just the classic of example of a guy who doesn't talk a whole lot so he comes off as smug and arrogant, yet still intelligent. But then when he finally does open his mouth, it turns out he was just really dumb the whole time. People are only recently finding out that Rodgers is an idiot because he's started going on his buddies radio show in the past year or so, before that he didn't do a whole lot of extensive interviews so his idiocy wasn't exposed.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

VideoKid posted:

One of the schools in NYC had to do that. Our new mayor is not happy, but what the gently caress were they supposed to do?

they must have dwindling reserves of swagger

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/Sadenochill/status/1478040714554581003

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

Nah he's just the classic of example of a guy who doesn't talk a whole lot so he comes off as smug and arrogant, yet still intelligent. But then when he finally does open his mouth, it turns out he was just really dumb the whole time. People are only recently finding out that Rodgers is an idiot because he's started going on his buddies radio show in the past year or so, before that he didn't do a whole lot of extensive interviews so his idiocy wasn't exposed.

He can speak in complete sentences, which always made him at least in the top-half of pro football player interviews, but he's a Texas chud who played at Berkeley and didn't attend class.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ragequit posted:

So are people just making GBS threads on the side of the road and eating the foam from their seats in DC or what?

https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/1478357477158756352

Tim Kaine starved to death in his car

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Vim Fuego posted:

Nothing of value was lost.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Justin Tyme posted:

an american scene: an overweight retired boomer couple in their straight-out-of-1970 unupdated living room with ratty carpet and natural wood trim and doorframes, sitting in silence on two giant motorized la-z-boys (which is the only form of seating in the room), incandescent bulbs illuminating the lovely wood-paneling walls, watching all the usual qanon suspects walking one by one up to gallows at guantanamo on a 50" TCL tv set atop the cheapest walmart tv stand money can buy

dude you could just post a picture of your living room

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

oh drat they found my weakness

the last temptation of Virgil Vox

haha just kidding I'll never break lockdown

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

mdemone posted:

He can speak in complete sentences, which always made him at least in the top-half of pro football player interviews, but he's a Texas chud who played at Berkeley and didn't attend class.

I mean, yes a lot of what he says are technically complete sentences but also a lot of what he says makes no loving sense and he'll talk for like 2 minutes and at the end of it you can't really figure out what the hell his point was. He's ponderous.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

i cant its full of dollar general merchandise piled high

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

en español por favor

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Basebf555 posted:

That's a good point and maybe I'm giving him too much credit for playing 4D chess. But it does seem a bit deliberate to open is mouth now.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

official school vlog - a weekly series

The morning announcements but vlog style lol.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

podcasts have been great for giving stupid people more clout

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Justin Tyme posted:

america sucks man

:hai:
:haibrow:
:haibrower:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

school keeps getting e-mails but misread them as engagement and promote Alec more and more

lmao

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

being a teacher seems like one of those careers, you know, you go to school for 4 years and you plan on being a teacher in one school for your whole life, its a big personal investment in both your own education and your overall lifestyle, and a critical job for society to function. all so you can earn poverty wages and struggle your entire life. america sucks man

yeah it owns

(it doesn't)

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

mdemone posted:

it's worse than you think

edit I posted this in Covid thread but:

One of our teachers just nuked his own career in an email to the entire faculty accusing the principal of stealing money from employees (!) pandemic sick days I guess were the root of the issue

that owns

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trubo

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

They replaced the rapist president with a different, older rapist so that he could kill another half million people. He'll probably kill at least 4 times that by the end of his term

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vim Fuego posted:

he can use his harmonica as a granola bar if he has any rugged individualism left in him

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/mayonnaise_soup/status/1478365813967052803

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

me when my snack gets stuck in the vending machine

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nonsense posted:

they may have sprinkled the crack on his naked passed out body after photographing the embarrassing state he was found in, but they certainly didn't make him take it.

They had an undercover FBI agent give him Hamilton tickets and then declared a bribery investigation a week before the election when he didn't report it

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

dew worm posted:

That's a good point and maybe I'm giving him too much credit for playing 4D chess. But it does seem a bit deliberate to open is mouth now.

It's because his friend who he used to play with got a radio show, so Rodgers started going on there, initially to help the guy out. But they let him just ramble on about nonsense so he enjoys it, it's a captive audience that will never criticize him or push back on anything he says.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/behindyourback/status/1478401854333755398

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I’m going to be honest: money is a little tight right now. I was going guerilla marketing for a finance guy, but that gig ended abruptly. I hope to get back to substitute teaching soon.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zegermans posted:

They had an undercover FBI agent give him Hamilton tickets and then declared a bribery investigation a week before the election when he didn't report it

i'm sure if the fbi being nakedly partisan against them was a problem then the democrats, who currently control congress and the presidency, would do something about it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Justin Tyme posted:

being a teacher seems like one of those careers, you know, you go to school for 4 years and you plan on being a teacher in one school for your whole life, its a big personal investment in both your own education and your overall lifestyle, and a critical job for society to function. all so you can earn poverty wages and struggle your entire life. america sucks man

My wife's aunt was a 2nd grade teacher and she used to tell people that she often fantasized about having a 6 foot 2x4 board that she could use to hit multiple children at once.

She was an extremely nice and down-right meek person. Her mother (my wife's maternal grandmother) was also a teacher and had similar opinions.

My wife's family is pretty much a bizarre William Faulkner novel except much, much funnier and weirder.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CODChimera posted:

what do you call those stores in america where its like an open warehouse and there's just pallets of garbage everywhere and you can buy huge quantities of said garbage? they are so interesting, i'd love to visit one

one time Costco was selling buckets of Maltesers by the pallet load. it was so glorious I almost cried

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

i'm sure if the fbi being nakedly partisan was a problem then the democrats, who currently control congress and the presidency, would do something about it

that would be poor decorum

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

jim comey rigged the election for trump and the democrats couldnt stop slobbing his knob. sounds like the democrats actually want them to do this.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

it's important to understand that any serious "winterization" process for Texas power plants would be insanely expensive, because lots of power plants are literally open to the elements.

I think it's probably true that there are still generators offline from a year ago because bringing a power plant online is a huge pain, and would definitely interfere with energy executives' napping schedules.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

excuse me what is this blue star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

mdemone posted:

Texas chud