Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
See this is the other thing, like if my mother, who taught both her children how to clean and made sure we knew what we were doing, heard that I was making my wife clean up after me like that she would destroy me. My dad, who always cleans the dishes, would destroy me. Neither of them would call up my wife, who they love, and say "hey our son's a useless piece of poo poo have you considered being more womanly?"

Who the gently caress are these people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for telling my friend to treat her body hair?

Tell us you want your friend's husban without telling us ... oh wait.

"Asra hasn't responded to any of my texts" hahaha oh what I would give to see those texts

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Benagain posted:

See this is the other thing, like if my mother, who taught both her children how to clean and made sure we knew what we were doing, heard that I was making my wife clean up after me like that she would destroy me. My dad, who always cleans the dishes, would destroy me. Neither of them would call up my wife, who they love, and say "hey our son's a useless piece of poo poo have you considered being more womanly?"

Republicans.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Johnny Truant posted:

"Asra hasn't responded to any of my texts" hahaha oh what I would give to see those texts

Rereading that post reminded me to ask -- where is this expression from?:

quote:

bigoted "door-built" b-tch

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think it's from an episode of Home Improvement.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think it's from an episode of Home Improvement.

uhh-AHHH?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Yeah I'd never heard of that before either... does it mean like, solid as a door? :thunk:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

She doesn't like wearing it, chill out

Goddamn

Why aren't you wearing the wedding corset I got you :smith: You must not love me

My love language is making people do poo poo they don't like

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah I'd never heard of that before either... does it mean like, solid as a door? :thunk:

Large and rectangular.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Biplane posted:

Large and rectangular.

Wasn't it directed at the OP in that story, though? The one who wanted to bang the Adonis husband

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

except a woman

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

Wasn't it directed at the OP in that story, though? The one who wanted to bang the Adonis husband

Right, the antagonist.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Biplane posted:

Right, the antagonist.

Gotcha, thanks, I'm just misremembering the OP cause I'm trying to read four things at once, sorry!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dr. Stab posted:

Autistic child abuse dad seems to really hate Rust for some reason.

:(

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Door-built bitch is such an ace insult.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for not letting my son learn how to program and telling him to pick a different career?
I've noticed that when he spends more than a few hours on the computer, he gets more irritable and hyped up, which is not good for him as it causes us stress and is not a healthy behavior to carry into the real world.
Uh. That just sounds like him being a moody adolescent who's been sitting for too long.

All these stories where parents complain about not being able to handle their kids behavior without actually citing any examples of the kids doing anything egregious really trip my douche alarm. It's an issue if the kid is getting physical and out of control, but it just sounds like he's annoying the OP by being a kid.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

kimbo305 posted:

Seems like a malapropism from 'built like a brick shithouse' and something else?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Blastedhellscape posted:

Uh. That just sounds like him being a moody adolescent who's been sitting for too long.

All these stories where parents complain about not being able to handle their kids behavior without actually citing any examples of the kids doing anything egregious really trip my douche alarm. It's an issue if the kid is getting physical and out of control, but it just sounds like he's annoying the OP by being a kid.

i love how frequent these parents are just flummoxed by teens and adolescents behaving exactly how they have behaved since time immemorial. "My teenager backtalks and thinks they know everything!"

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Stab posted:

he hates C compilers

If it were any good, it would be called A. :colbert:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Blastedhellscape posted:

If it was the 50s, they'd be the ones asking their doctors about one of those new-fangled lobotomies.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Variable 5 posted:

If it were any good, it would be called A. :colbert:

It was developed from B

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Walh Hara posted:

What the heck, this isn't difficult:
- "Hey, instead of you giving me a gift, please donate to charity instead" --> Great!
- "Hey, instead of me giving you a gift, I'll donate to charity instead" --> Bad!

:guillotine: for everything else, but I think in the specific scenario where you're dating someone who has never purchased anything but a charity donation as a gift, the reasonable assumption is that they will buy you a charity donation as a gift if you do nothing to prompt an alternative.

Benagain posted:

People whose dads are also useless pieces of poo poo and whose mothers have been culturally conditioned to tolerate this. If it turns out your daughter-in-law is allowed to be a person, why shouldn't that be the case for you? And you know it won't be the case for you, because you've already hitched your wagon to a worthless lump, so the only thing that'll make you not hate yourself is tearing that bitch down for having the nerve to respect herself.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for wanting my wife to wear her wedding ring?

If she is a climber she should just look up ring degloving photos and send them to him every day until he shuts up

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Facebook Aunt posted:

He can simply choose a career in one of the many fields that don't use screens, such as

cattle rustlin'.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

kntfkr posted:

cattle rustlin'.

Nope, they all use that app Rustlr to track their cattle thefts

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
well, i'll be dipped in poo poo

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for causing drama at a family gathering?

quote:

I (30F) have been happy single almost my whole life, but I come from a really conservative culture and all my relatives assume I'm very unhappy due to the lack of a man in my life. So a few days ago, my elder cousin was getting married and of course all the elders wanted to play matchmaker, so I was introduced to the groom's younger brother (Let's call him A). We did hit it off instantly but there wasn't any romantic inclination from both the sides.

As the wedding was coming to an end, A's mother came to talk to me and said she was very happy about our decision and can't wait to be my MIL. I was very confused because I never agreed to marriage or anything of the sort. I kept saying about how A and I were just friends and none of us intended to marry. A's mother refused to listen to me, took me and A on stage and announced to everyone that we were getting married soon.

I looked at A and understood that he didn't have any part in this. She then passed the mic to me and asked me when i would like to get married. Naturally I took the mic and said "never" and walked off the stage. In fact I could hear the audible gasps from the audience as I was walking off the stage. I left the venue as soon as I could and as I was reaching home my phone kept blowing up with calls and texts from my family.

I ignored them all until the next morning when I called my mother and she kept shouting at me about how I should've just said "soon" and respected A's mother. I didn't understand how i disrespected her but i spoke to my cousin after this and she said it's all my fault and her in laws are treating her bad for everything that happened the previous day. Now my cousin wants to cut me off and all my family members won't talk to me until I apologise. I haven't spoken to A yet, because I don't know if I should apologise or not.

So AITA for causing all this drama at my cousin's wedding? (I'm sorry if there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes, English is not my first language)

Update: So I called A and we planned to meet and sort things out. He seemed pretty cool about everything. Turns out he's been dating a woman of a different ethnicity and was going to propose to her and that's why his mother was so hellbent on getting him married to someone of the same culture. He told me I didn't need to apologise to anyone. He also said my cousin and her husband are moving out of their in laws place and getting a house of their own and A is planning to go no contact with his parents. My parents are still mad at me but I'm pretty sure they'll come around. As for my family, I cut all of them off except a few relatives who reached out to me in support. So I guess all's well and I'm going to meet A again and his girlfriend in a few days. FYI A showed me a picture of her and they're a gorgeous couple.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for embarrassing my fiance in front his friends?

You work in pest control and in a hardware shop You have access to all the tools you need to fix both of these problems.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I think “door built” bitch means she was calling her flat in the front and back, especially since she was talking about the pregnant woman’s pre pregnancy weight and figure.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Rust Martialis posted:

It was developed from B

I dunno if you're joking, but it actually was:

Wikipedia posted:

BCPL ("Basic Combined Programming Language") is a procedural, imperative, and structured programming language. Originally intended for writing compilers for other languages, BCPL is no longer in common use. However, its influence is still felt because a stripped down and syntactically changed version of BCPL, called B, was the language on which the C programming language was based.

(Ninja edit: For a while, until C++ came along, there was some debate as to if the successor of C was going to be D or P)

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

KIT HAGS posted:

I think “door built” bitch means she was calling her flat in the front and back, especially since she was talking about the pregnant woman’s pre pregnancy weight and figure.

no it means she got a knob about halfway up on one side

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Neito posted:

(Ninja edit: For a while, until C++ came along, there was some debate as to if the successor of C was going to be D or P)

Technically, C++ isn’t a successor to C, it’s an increment of the same language. Hence the name.

Successor was called “JAVA”, I guess.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Neito posted:

I've won the USENIX Quiz Show

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jonny Nox posted:

Technically, C++ isn’t a successor to C, it’s an increment of the same language. Hence the name.

Successor was called “JAVA”, I guess.

C#. Which was originally supposed to be Microsoft's attempt at making "C++++". But they arranged the + signs in a square...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
C is the VHS of programming languages

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Quackles posted:

C#. Which was originally supposed to be Microsoft's attempt at making "C++++". But they arranged the + signs in a square...

I thought C# was Microsoft's attempt at Java.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

haveblue posted:

C is the VHS of programming languages

What's COBOL

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

8-tracks

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Old 8mm filmreels

Adbot