Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I like how were peer pressuring people into gettin synths. The opposite of shop shaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I'm pretty proud of purchasing this because this poo poo cleans up mildew like nothing else.

I had moved into this apartment a year or two ago, and before I moved in, I saw that the bathroom was ok around the sink and toilet, but the shower had mildew in every corner, all along the tub, and crisscrossed the tile right up to about armpit height. (Evidently whomever lived here before did not give a poo poo about the place and had skipped out on their lease, gee I wonder why..)

I told the landlord holy gently caress I am not moving in until you clean that poo poo up.. he supposedly hired someone, had them in there with scrub brushes and Clorox, and it looked... a little better. Wound up having to move in anyway, kept reminding the landlord that the single cleaning wasn't enough, he kept bullshitting me and telling me his crew can come back and do it, but they are busy with his other properties, I just had to be patient.

Two years pass and he still hasn't done jack poo poo.. I begin to wonder if I should hire a lawyer or something? Well I got my dander up and got a scrubbing brush especially for tile/grout, some bleach, and three supposedly awesome cleaners (according to the Home Depot guy) and went to town. After nearly dislocating my shoulder (slipped,) making my apt. smell like bleach, and getting burned on my forearms, I had managed to make the mildew in the grout at armpit height.. a lighter shade of brown. poo poo.

I tried each of the supposed awesome cleaners in turn and got different smells but made verrrry little progress, my shower still looked like it had been transplanted from a third world country.

I was about to send another harsh letter to my landlord when I was randomly surfing and saw some other homegrown solutions that I'd also already tried (baking soda, vinegar, water) with no success and chuckled at their uselessness. I saw those little price comparison lists for some of the cleaners.. then I thought, what if there's something on Amazon? So I typed 'Best Mildew Remover' into Amazon's search line and got this, RMR-86, as the first result. Shrugged my shoulders and thought welp may as well try it..

The package comes in a box, with the bottle in a plastic bag, and the sprayer sitting outside the bag. Weird..then I read that I'm to put on the sprayer, use it, then when not using it, remove the spray head, rinse it off, and USE THE ORIGINAL CAP to store it. Guess who had just tossed the cap into the trash? Fished it out, rinsed it, slapped on the head, got goggles on and prepared the brush for use. Hope stirred in my heart because it sounded (and smelled!) like it was tougher than what I'd tried before..

I start to spray, and just as I'm about to apply the brush.. the mildew moved?! After a few seconds, not only was it moving, but it loving FLAKED OFF without me having to touch anything, revealing a slightly darkened grout underneath..

So after reading the instructions again, I left it on the tougher mildew areas and after 5 minutes, I could use the shower head to rinse off the mildew easy peasy! And I had nearly dislocated my shoulder scrubbing before with regular bleach and getting nowhere! After a half hour's work, the shower was now actually quite presentable! And while the mildew had stained the grout somewhat, repeated applications were able to lighten the stains to an acceptably brighter shade.

Bad news? Welp the stuff HAS to be applied in a well ventilated area.. your whole apartment, depending on its size, will likely smell like RMR-86 after you use it on as big a space as a shower. Also this stuff is caustic to the extreme, if you get any on bare skin, you need to flush it with running water immediately. (You'll know if you get any on you because it will sting like a bitch after a few seconds. If you manage to get any on your fingers, it feels like a particularly tough slime) You also need to put on a respirator / mask when using it too, luckily I still have my AIR helmet for that purpose, but this stuff left little white spots all over the fabric part.

Also, you must intensely rinse whatever you clean with this stuff, just running water over the area for two seconds ain't gonna do it.. you gotta rinse any surface you use this on for at least a minute, maybe more. If you put a gloved hand on the surface and it still feels like there's a patina of slime / grease you gotta keep rinsing.

tl;dr: this stuff helped clean some mildew quickly that I literally could not scrub off after concentrated minutes of effort

Binary Badger has a new favorite as of 04:15 on Dec 31, 2021

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Binary Badger posted:

I'm pretty proud of purchasing this because this poo poo cleans up mildew like nothing else.

I had moved into this apartment a year or two ago, and before I moved in, I saw that the bathroom was ok around the sink and toilet, but the shower had mildew in every corner, all along the tub, and crisscrossed the tile right up to about armpit height. (Evidently whomever lived here before did not give a poo poo about the place and had skipped out on their lease, gee I wonder why..)

I told the landlord holy gently caress I am not moving in until you clean that poo poo up.. he supposedly hired someone, had them in there with scrub brushes and Clorox, and it looked... a little better. Wound up having to move in anyway, kept reminding the landlord that the single cleaning wasn't enough, he kept bullshitting me and telling me his crew can come back and do it, but they are busy with his other properties, I just had to be patient.

Two years pass and he still hasn't done jack poo poo.. I begin to wonder if I should hire a lawyer or something? Well I got my dander up and got a scrubbing brush especially for tile/grout, some bleach, and three supposedly awesome cleaners (according to the Home Depot guy) and went to town. After nearly dislocating my shoulder (slipped,) making my apt. smell like bleach, and getting burned on my forearms, I had managed to make the mildew in the grout at armpit height.. a lighter shade of brown. poo poo.

I tried each of the supposed awesome cleaners in turn and got different smells but made verrrry little progress, my shower still looked like it had been transplanted from a third world country.

I was about to send another harsh letter to my landlord when I was randomly surfing and saw some other homegrown solutions that I'd also already tried (baking soda, vinegar, water) with no success and chuckled at their uselessness. I saw those little price comparison lists for some of the cleaners.. then I thought, what if there's something on Amazon? So I typed 'Best Mildew Remover' into Amazon's search line and got this, RMR-86, as the first result. Shrugged my shoulders and thought welp may as well try it..

The package comes in a box, with the bottle in a plastic bag, and the sprayer sitting outside the bag. Weird..then I read that I'm to put on the sprayer, use it, then when not using it, remove the spray head, rinse it off, and USE THE ORIGINAL CAP to store it. Guess who had just tossed the cap into the trash? Fished it out, rinsed it, slapped on the head, got goggles on and prepared the brush for use. Hope stirred in my heart because it sounded (and smelled!) like it was tougher than what I'd tried before..

I start to spray, and just as I'm about to apply the brush.. the mildew moved?! After a few seconds, not only was it moving, but it loving FLAKED OFF without me having to touch anything, revealing a slightly darkened grout underneath..

So after reading the instructions again, I left it on the tougher mildew areas and after 5 minutes, I could use the shower head to rinse off the mildew easy peasy! And I had nearly dislocated my shoulder scrubbing before with regular bleach and getting nowhere! After a half hour's work, the shower was now actually quite presentable! And while the mildew had stained the grout somewhat, repeated applications were able to lighten the stains to an acceptably brighter shade.

Bad news? Welp the stuff HAS to be applied in a well ventilated area.. your whole apartment, depending on its size, will likely smell like RMR-86 after you use it on as big a space as a shower. Also this stuff is caustic to the extreme, if you get any on bare skin, you need to flush it with running water immediately. (You'll know if you get any on you because it will sting like a bitch after a few seconds. If you manage to get any on your fingers, it feels like a particularly tough slime) You also need to put on a respirator / mask when using it too, luckily I still have my AIR helmet for that purpose, but this stuff left little white spots all over the fabric part.

Also, you must intensely rinse whatever you clean with this stuff, just running water over the area for two seconds ain't gonna do it.. you gotta rinse any surface you use this on for at least a minute, maybe more. If you put a gloved hand on the surface and it still feels like there's a patina of slime / grease you gotta keep rinsing.

tl;dr: this stuff helped clean some mildew quickly that I literally could not scrub off after concentrated minutes of effort

Based on this post I'm going to guess you are employed by the RMR company and that you get paid on a per-word basis

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

A four-pack of 25’ battery tender extension cords. I have three cars and two bikes that are on tenders all winter and I’m tired of swapping the single-vehicle tender around every few weeks, so I am going to plug the two inside cars to the four-unit tender that the two bikes are also on and use the single on the outside car.

No pic cause it’s not really exciting.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I appreciate the thorough conversation regarding mildew solutions. For epoxy based conundrums I had recent success with

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
More music crap: All my drum things are either touch screens or keyboards so I got something more proper, picking it up tomorrow:

Gonna make it easy to play my library of burp and fart sounds.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Magic Underwear posted:

Based on this post I'm going to guess you are employed by the RMR company and that you get paid on a per-word basis

If I were It'd probably pay more than my current

I was just glad to finally find a product that actually does what it says, mildew wise..

Also, I'm not counting my chickens, my lungs don't feel so great after using it..

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rolo posted:

More music crap: All my drum things are either touch screens or keyboards so I got something more proper, picking it up tomorrow:

Gonna make it easy to play my library of burp and fart sounds.

The quality control on these is a nightmare, I picked mine up them promptly didn't use it... then the pad that most people use for a kick just double presses randomly.

So uhh yeah, check that.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

apatheticman posted:

The quality control on these is a nightmare, I picked mine up them promptly didn't use it... then the pad that most people use for a kick just double presses randomly.

So uhh yeah, check that.

I’ve seen a few reviews with something similar, I’ll throw it through the wringer while still able to return it.

Might even bring my iPad and try it in the car…

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Continuing with my little splurge, more gaming/streaming/recording gear:

ordered a new gaming headset:

Nubwo G06 2.4ghz wireless/bluetooth

Did more research and decided to cancel this order before it shipped and bought something much more expensive :homebrew:

*Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT gaming headset

details:

-Simultaneous dual-wireless connections deliver high-fidelity game audio with hyper-fast, ultra-long range SLIPSTREAM CORSAIR WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY, plus Bluetooth with Qualcomm aptX HD.
-Experience uncompromising sound quality and with a matched pair of precisely tuned 50mm high-density neodymium speaker drivers, delivering a frequency range of 20Hz-40,000Hz – double that of typical gaming headsets.
-Long-lasting comfort to wear all day with premium memory foam earpads that conform to your head and a lightweight pillow-soft headband.
-Make yourself heard with exceptional dynamic range and vocal clarity, thanks to a 9.5mm broadcast-grade, omnidirectional, high-bandwidth detachable microphone with excellent low-end response.
-Built with lightweight, machined aluminum throughout, from the headband to the ear cups, ensuring both maximum comfort and long-term durability.
-Immersive Dolby Atmos* on PC places the sounds of the game all around you with three-dimensional precision, so you can react faster and more accurately. * Dolby Atmos not available on macOS, PS5/PS4. Compatible with Tempest 3D audio on PS5
-Connect to virtually any device including Mac, PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and mobile with wired 3.5mm, USB, SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS, or Bluetooth.*

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 04:52 on Jan 1, 2022

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
bad news for you buddy

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I have that headset. It's great (especially the mic quality), you can turn the RGB off and it has my favourite headset feature - a little red/green led in the tip of the mic so you can tell if you're muted or not from your peripheral vision.

blunt has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Jan 1, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bottom Liner posted:

bad news for you buddy

lol!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bottom Liner posted:

bad news for you buddy

lol woops, I was comparing a logitech model with it, and I guess my brain farted.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
For controlling the Volca Keys as it's currently my only non-USB device, and hopefully many more in the future.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I bought the mentioned synth, and the PO-20 Arcade to mess around and try and make cool music as a hobby, you monsters.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

One of us. One of us. One of us.

My next purchase for music will probably be a good finger drummer thing. And at some point I want to get a good air expression controller.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

drat that's amazing. Finally was able to sit down and listen on my good speakers. That electric piano is wonderful, and her voice is lovely. Not sure how I'd never listened to them before, but I'll have to go through their stuff.

Another thank you for this rec 🙏

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

if you like music but have a 9th grade understanding of music theory, are these little pocket operation/synth things still worthwhile?

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

I think you shouldn't buy a Tesla for lots of reasons because they engineer things in a stupid way, but aren't car safety recalls for repairs pretty normal? It's Tesla so yeah these are going to be stupid Tesla things, but I've had multiple little recalls for dumb things on the same car before. Some searching of the internet seems to say that something around a quarter of all cars on the road have open recall notices that they haven't addressed and there can be recalls in the range of 50 million cars per year in the US.

Ignore this! It's a dumb conversation to start in the purchases thread!

T.C. has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Jan 4, 2022

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
more of the latest in a long line of reasons, not reason in and of itself. Though it is notable that most car recalls don't equal to the entire production run a company makes in a year or 1/4th of the cars they've ever made.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Subjunctive posted:

if you like music but have a 9th grade understanding of music theory, are these little pocket operation/synth things still worthwhile?

Sure! Most of these little devices are rudimentary enough that you can watch a tutorial and grasp most everything you need to get up and running. If you can poke around in a sequencer like ReBirth RB-338 and get the idea quickly (which I did as a kid with even less theory background) you'll have fun with one of these.

The real problem with these is sort of the same one you'll get with modular synths: You're going to want to buy way more of them once you figure out the limitations of the one or two you already have.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mister Speaker posted:

The real problem with these is sort of the same one you'll get with modular synths: You're going to want to buy way more of them once you figure out the limitations of the one or two you already have.

This is a problem with which I am vividly, viscerally familiar at least. Thank you!

E: so, what do I start with?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Subjunctive posted:

This is a problem with which I am vividly, viscerally familiar at least. Thank you!

E: so, what do I start with?

Someone upthread, Rolo I think, posted a pretty good breakdown. The Pocket Operators themselves are simple and plentiful enough that you can check out some video tutorials of their basic ones and go from there. The Arcade seems to be a favourite as a lot of people want to plug right into some chiptune sounds; if you just want to do drums the Rhythm is pretty cool. If you want to learn more about actual synthesis than the presets they offer, there are other options similar in price: Korg's Volca line of mini-modular equipment, for example. It really depends how deep you want to get into bleep-bloop stuff.

I feel maybe a bit of a phony here as honestly the Pocket Operators and stuff have never really been my bag - as I said, anything modular or that involves buying more gear to connect together for further satisfaction, basically scares the bejeezus out of me. Power Rangers and Voltron poo poo drove me nuts as a kid. Call me simple, but this discussion has kind of got me looking at the KORG DS-10 again.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Subjunctive posted:

Already kinda mentioned, but especially for the pocket operators, no knowledge of music theory is necessary. You don't really need any music theory until you using something with polyphony or multiple similar devices/registers. Then it's helpful, but you can still get by without it, it's entirely possible to make the beeps sound good even if you don't know exactly why this beep and this boop sound good together, but these other two don't. I'm not really usin much besides stayin in a specific key, and super basic chords, no augmented minors, or inversions, etc.

Dip in with the POs, then if you like it, move on to something with configurable oscillators and more!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My basic purchasing process was:

1. I want to start with a cheap, easy beep toy. Got the PO-20. Learned it, love it. Still play with it. Got a couple more PO’s.

2. I want to customize my beeps and drums, got the PO-33. It opened a door to financial change.

3. I want to make my own beeps and learn about synthesis. Got a couple used Volca’s and a Monologue. I freaking love the Monologue.

4. I want to start saving some stuff and outputting to decent speakers. Got a desktop DAW and a simple Korg Mixer.

5. Cables.

6. My work travel is ramping up and I’m spending a lot of time away from home. I want something that smushes all of this together somewhat well into something portable. Sold my soul for an OP-1.

7. A firmware update unlocked the OP-1’s ability to input/output USB audio so I started getting some iPad apps to help with sequencing beats and storing samples on a device with a touch screen and 128gb. They both fit easily in a carry-on.

8. Better surface for drum samples? Novation Launchpad X. It’s been fun.

There are many synths and many different workflows from device to device. I’m constrained by how much room I have in my apartment, outlet locations and the fact that I travel half my life. If it weren’t the case I’d be buying rows of keyboards at yard sales and probably modular stuff. Also if I had my iPad Pro all this time I would have started using it a lot earlier.

A friend of mine was playing with synths, had some Volca’s for a couple years, and never really fell hard into it until he got his Digitakt. Now he plays music every day because he loves using the thing. This is where I think YouTube is huge, you can watch someone make a song in real time and think “that process looks fun, plus I dig what that machine is outputting.” Finding a thing that’s fun to use, even if you’re just stabbing at the dark with random noise, is awesome.

Anyways, the Synth Thread in Musicians Lounge has people who have been doing this longer than me and know way more. They’ve been very helpful.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Y'all're really making me want to buy a synth...

Got the PS5 headset recently from Sony, it's pretty nice on the PS4 as well, plus if the battery dies you can simply plug it into the controller and have over-the-head stereo cans. Not bad for $100.

Also, recently got me a truffle since I'd inadvertently ended up with a truffle shaver (MassDrop mixup) and wanted to see what the fuss was about but not wanting to support the truffle oil industry. It's like fancy dirt, in a little lump, and it makes soft scrambled eggs fancy apparently. The place what sells them is also within a few minutes walk of my office and has Iberico ham, caviar, bliny, foie gras, etc.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Rolo posted:

My basic purchasing process was:

1. I want to start with a cheap, easy beep toy. Got the PO-20. Learned it, love it. Still play with it. Got a couple more PO’s.

2. I want to customize my beeps and drums, got the PO-33. It opened a door to financial change.

3. I want to make my own beeps and learn about synthesis. Got a couple used Volca’s and a Monologue. I freaking love the Monologue.

4. I want to start saving some stuff and outputting to decent speakers. Got a desktop DAW and a simple Korg Mixer.

5. Cables.

6. My work travel is ramping up and I’m spending a lot of time away from home. I want something that smushes all of this together somewhat well into something portable. Sold my soul for an OP-1.

7. A firmware update unlocked the OP-1’s ability to input/output USB audio so I started getting some iPad apps to help with sequencing beats and storing samples on a device with a touch screen and 128gb. They both fit easily in a carry-on.

8. Better surface for drum samples? Novation Launchpad X. It’s been fun.

There are many synths and many different workflows from device to device. I’m constrained by how much room I have in my apartment, outlet locations and the fact that I travel half my life. If it weren’t the case I’d be buying rows of keyboards at yard sales and probably modular stuff. Also if I had my iPad Pro all this time I would have started using it a lot earlier.

A friend of mine was playing with synths, had some Volca’s for a couple years, and never really fell hard into it until he got his Digitakt. Now he plays music every day because he loves using the thing. This is where I think YouTube is huge, you can watch someone make a song in real time and think “that process looks fun, plus I dig what that machine is outputting.” Finding a thing that’s fun to use, even if you’re just stabbing at the dark with random noise, is awesome.

Anyways, the Synth Thread in Musicians Lounge has people who have been doing this longer than me and know way more. They’ve been very helpful.

This feels pretty familiar to me except instead of the PO, I got a Bastle Kastle which was my gateway drug into the lunacy that is modular. Patching cv and trying to tame wild, free-running oscillators is fun times. I sometimes even manage to accidentally make something that sounds cool. And Ill second the Monologue love. What a great sounding, simple monosynth. I sold mine (to buy more eurorack lol) but kind of wish I hadn't.

One bit of gear I would suggest people interested in bleepin' and bloopin' look at getting is an Arturia Keystep controller. Its dirt cheap, has an intuitive sequencer and arpeggiator, and midi, USB, and cv outs so it talks to just about anything. It doesn't make sounds on its own but you can plug it in to a computer and download any one of a zillion free softsynths to play around with. Its great.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Been scouring random ebay salvage crap recently because of the a e s t h e t i c and I got this set of 4 used old light-up push button switches:

I plan to use a couple in my old beater truck for some external lights I'm mounting on it...problem is, the lamps are 24v. I'll see if the truck's standard 12V can light them up at all, if not, I do have a voltage booster on the way. But THEN the problem is that I have to make sure the relays I'm using can take 24V through them, otherwise I have to go:

12V electrical system -> 12V to 24V voltage increaser -> Switch -> 24V to 12V voltage regulator -> Relay

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Oddhair posted:

Got the PS5 headset recently from Sony, it's pretty nice on the PS4 as well, plus if the battery dies you can simply plug it into the controller and have over-the-head stereo cans. Not bad for $100.

Also, recently got me a truffle since I'd inadvertently ended up with a truffle shaver (MassDrop mixup) and wanted to see what the fuss was about but not wanting to support the truffle oil industry. It's like fancy dirt, in a little lump, and it makes soft scrambled eggs fancy apparently. The place what sells them is also within a few minutes walk of my office and has Iberico ham, caviar, bliny, foie gras, etc.

The one time I've had actual truffle was at a ridiculously fancy restaraunt, where the "welcome" course was popcorn, served in one of those generic red-and-white-vertical-stripe bags, and they brought over a whole truffle and just shaved the whole thing over it :stare:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Oddhair posted:

I've got your truffle shaver right here: :guillotine:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

SgtScruffy posted:

The one time I've had actual truffle was at a ridiculously fancy restaraunt, where the "welcome" course was popcorn, served in one of those generic red-and-white-vertical-stripe bags, and they brought over a whole truffle and just shaved the whole thing over it :stare:

The Inn at Little Washington?

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

800peepee51doodoo posted:

This feels pretty familiar to me except instead of the PO, I got a Bastle Kastle which was my gateway drug into the lunacy that is modular. Patching cv and trying to tame wild, free-running oscillators is fun times. I sometimes even manage to accidentally make something that sounds cool. And Ill second the Monologue love. What a great sounding, simple monosynth. I sold mine (to buy more eurorack lol) but kind of wish I hadn't.

One bit of gear I would suggest people interested in bleepin' and bloopin' look at getting is an Arturia Keystep controller. Its dirt cheap, has an intuitive sequencer and arpeggiator, and midi, USB, and cv outs so it talks to just about anything. It doesn't make sounds on its own but you can plug it in to a computer and download any one of a zillion free softsynths to play around with. Its great.

I also got a Monologue as a first actual synth and it's great. Very diverse sounds. I almost got a Minilogue, but decided on the Deepmind 12 instead. Might still get the Minilogue though, no reason not to xD

Cleaned up my desk and redid all my cabling, so now the TD-3 can actually sit happily on the desk too. Probably gonna get more actual rackmount synths and build a new frame to hold the monologue, RD-8, and TD-3. Also need to work on making an under desk flip out tray for the keystep down in the corner.

I have not bought a new synth in a while, but I do have 2 open inputs on my audio interface that could be used.... :shepspends:

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I splurged. I had been using a Clever Dripper for years (which I love) but I've been drinking more and more coffee as we continue to work from home, and the process of grinding/boiling/steeping multiple times a day was getting annoying. Not to mention wasting a filter for every single cup (I know I know reusable filters exist). I had a small mountain of Amazon gift cards stacked up from the holidays, so fancy drip machine for me. Supposedly they last forever too. It arrives Thursday so I'll give a trip report then.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Subjunctive posted:

yes. they're pretty badass tbh. I got one for my dad for christmas and he loves it. someone else also got him one, by coincidence. he loves them both and uses them both.

here's the one I got him, the one someone else got him was actually fancier lol. they're both awesome though. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SKHSRU?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

my dad has made noise music all his life and knows next to nothing about actual theory or the construction of music, I have a doctorate in music. we both love these things. I highly recommend.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

lament.cfg posted:

The Inn at Little Washington?

Precisely

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Trabant posted:

I've got your truffle shaver right here: :guillotine:

Harumph. We were going to make you king of the winter carnival. :colbert:

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

A very expensive and impractical purchase but one that I will thoroughly enjoy every day.

https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-1000-pro-subwoofer

My theatre/family room is colossal. The subwoofer I have now is an entry level Polk Audio that is perfectly fine for most situations. It's pretty much a wet fart in a room this size though. That SVS should be enough to knock some fillings loose :cool:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Thanks to this thread I ordered a PO-20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
:getin: