Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

It's because his friend who he used to play with got a radio show, so Rodgers started going on there, initially to help the guy out. But they let him just ramble on about nonsense so he enjoys it, it's a captive audience that will never criticize him or push back on anything he says.

Pat McAfee? He's from Pittsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

i'm sure if the fbi being nakedly partisan against them was a problem then the democrats, who currently control congress and the presidency, would do something about it

Lol they're not replacing the postmaster general who destroyed millions of dollars in equipment in order to destroy the post office and disrupt mail-in voting, let's see how they handle the deep state entrapping the dumbest politicians available
Uh oh

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
not sure how someone can IK this thread and decide they want more responsibilities

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pat McAfee? He's from Pittsburgh

AJ Hawk

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

emfive posted:

it's important to understand that any serious "winterization" process for Texas power plants would be insanely expensive, because lots of power plants are literally open to the elements.

I think it's probably true that there are still generators offline from a year ago because bringing a power plant online is a huge pain, and would definitely interfere with energy executives' napping schedules.

why do something when instead you can bitch about wind turbines and the entirety of america eats it up like it's breakfast cereal

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

excuse me what is this blue star

adding KB to “posting enemies.xls”

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

critical race theory and abortion are the number one and two biggest issues that republicans care about. they're doing what they were elected to do. imagine if the democrats came into office and passed medicare for all, packed the supreme court, and made abortion legal and free, then people got upset that they didn't pass any bills to name post offices or proclaim january 30th wood pulp manufacturer's day. this is basically the republican equivalent.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

I mean, yes a lot of what he says are technically complete sentences but also a lot of what he says makes no loving sense and he'll talk for like 2 minutes and at the end of it you can't really figure out what the hell his point was. He's ponderous.

oh no doubt. however that does not really distinguish him from a huge majority of Americans his age.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

excuse me what is this blue star

lock him up

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

CODChimera posted:

what do you call those stores in america where its like an open warehouse and there's just pallets of garbage everywhere and you can buy huge quantities of said garbage? they are so interesting, i'd love to visit one

funny thing is that Costco is both a laughable reification of American excess, but also really good; generally the limited selection of products is very well curated. Also they treat their employees pretty well.

God help you however in a Costco parking lot because Costco shoppers give no quarter and will gladly kill anybody to get a parking spot.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
elizabeth holmes' one flaw is that she didnt emulate steve job's greatest asset

dying so young that u cant be held responsible for the crimes u did that made u rich

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

adding KB to “posting enemies.xls”

I'm just excited KB can get the custom plat tag they've wanted since I was still a mod

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Alec Eiffel posted:

not sure how someone can IK this thread and decide they want more responsibilities

they took my silver star away and didnt even ask me if i wanted to do more so i could say gently caress no

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Lastgirl posted:

he can use his harmonica as a granola bar if he has any rugged individualism left in him

:hmmyes:
no doubt, no doubt

bunches and bunches of the ol' rugged individualism, like all democrats

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

new job's going great so far. 15 minutes into the zoom call for my new hire orientation and me and over a dozen other people are just sitting and waiting for whoever is supposed to be giving the orientation to call in

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

going to Costco on a weekend is basically out of the question

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

critical race theory and abortion are the number one and two biggest issues that republicans care about. they're doing what they were elected to do. imagine if the democrats came into office and passed medicare for all, packed the supreme court, and made abortion legal and free, then people got upset that they didn't pass any bills to name post offices or proclaim january 30th wood pulp manufacturer's day. this is basically the republican equivalent.

the dems would never do that tho

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm just excited KB can get the custom plat tag they've wanted since I was still a mod

:hai::hai::hai::hai::hai:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Virgil Vox posted:

the dems would never do that tho

right but the republicans banning critical race theory and abortion is basically the equivalent dream agenda

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

dew worm posted:

going to Costco on a weekend is basically out of the question

It's the 10:00 open time that sucks, why can't they open at 6:00 am like a normal rear end grocery store

I will eat a costco hot dog at 6:00 am

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tenderjerk posted:

It's the 10:00 open time that sucks, why can't they open at 6:00 am like a normal rear end grocery store

I will eat a costco hot dog at 6:00 am

i guess i don't go to many rear end grocery stores

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Shear Modulus posted:

new job's going great so far. 15 minutes into the zoom call for my new hire orientation and me and over a dozen other people are just sitting and waiting for whoever is supposed to be giving the orientation to call in

Lol I started a new job in October, and we ended up taking an 1.5 hour break 10 minutes after orientation started, because so many of the new hires (myself included) were having computer issues and they needed time to sort everything out.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Costco has great diaper prices. That’s my Costco advice.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Great baby diaper prices too.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
lol forgot about this picture

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

why did ball tazeman stop posting

your posts

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
James Webb Space Trumpascope

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

what's wrong with their faces?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

gently caress it's 2022 and this pandemic thing's just starting lmao

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bebop esq posted:

Turn on your monitors, janus

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

bebop esq posted:

no, actually, it's our faces that are wrong

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PlushCow posted:

lol forgot about this picture

one of my faves

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Ragequit posted:

So are people just making GBS threads on the side of the road and eating the foam from their seats in DC or what?

https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/1478357477158756352

Every year people get loving snowed into their car for at least a day in VA (GW Parkway is famous for doing this) so this is sadly business as usual. Most people have some sort of 50 buck emergency kit with medical stuff, glow sticks, survival blanket, and keep bottled water and food with them. Lately the hotness is handcrank cell phone chargers and those anker powerbanks or if you're fancy those solar cell phone chargers.

Because make no mistake, if you live on the VA side next to DC you're rear end will be snowed into your car making GBS threads on the side of the road in loving Arlington Virginia even!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

kaleedity posted:

google’s front page stats haven’t adjusted their y-axis and the 7 day average for cases is almost double the current max of 600k, womp womp

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ha never saw that one. Makes sense. Or how about the time he slapped his thigh a couple times to make Melania come to heel?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kaleedity posted:

lol this is the “maximize infection with no adverse effects” step of my plague inc strat. with this spread it’s only a matter of time before we get a new mutation/variant that’s as transmissible but actually really loving bad for you.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bebop esq posted:

your posts

actually he is one of the people who left because of me. you’d know this if you read your New Year’s Day meltdowns.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

virus mutations is a numbers game and we’re giving omicron a few billion tries

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the milk machine posted:

James Webb Space Trumpascope

the president's solar shield failed to deploy :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol this is the “maximize infection with no adverse effects” step of my plague inc strat. with this spread it’s only a matter of time before we get a new mutation/variant that’s as transmissible but actually really loving bad for you.

Like maybe the one announced in France yesterday