Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

herculon posted:

Well now, what’ll it be Lord? Another GBA? How many has it been? Six? Twelve? I disremember. You say the word Lord, I’m on my way. You always send me everdrives to mod your Word. The lurker with a little Game Boy Micro hidden away in a sugar bowl. Lord, I am tired. Sometimes I wonder if you really understand. Not that you mind the moddin. Your Book is full of moddin. But there are things you do hate Lord: dimly backlit things, laggy things, things with impure sound.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LLOYD: How are things going, Mr. Nintendo?
UNCLE: Things could be better, Lloyd. Things could be a whole lot better.
LLOYD: I hope it's nothing serious.
UNCLE: No. Nothing serious. Just a little problem with the ol' sperm bank upstairs. Nothing I can't handle, though, Lloyd. Thanks.
LLOYD: Women. Can't live with 'em. Can't live without 'em.
UNCLE: Words of wisdom, Lloyd. Words of wisdom. I never laid a hand on it, goddamn it. I didn't. I wouldn't touch one circuit on its goddamn little board. I love the little son of a bitch. I'd do anything for it, any fuckin' thing for him. But that bitch - as long as I live, she'll never let me forget what happened. I did mod him once, okay? But it was an accident, completely unintentional. Could have happened to anybody, and it was three god-damned years ago! The little fucker had deleted my Final Fantasy Legend II save. All I tried to do was replace the battery - a momentary loss of muscular coordination, all right? A few extra foot-pounds of energy per second, per second... *snaps fingers*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

uan belting out singing in the rain as he tears chips out the back of a toploader nes

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Detective Somerset looking at a box postmarked from Hong Kong.

Detective Mills: what’s in the boooox!?

Uncle at Nintendo is kneeling and grinning like an idiot.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MARTY: You shouldn't have this.
RUST: Nobody should have this.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nice Guy Eddie: C'mon, pull out your soldering iron!
Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't mod.
Nice Guy Eddie: You don't mod?
Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.
Nice Guy Eddie: You don't believe in modding?
Mr. Blue: You know how these consoles run? They run like poo poo.
Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. They don't run well enough, they can get recalled.
Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a loving collector who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever mod?
Mr. Pink: I don't mod because society says I have to. All right, if a console deserves a mod, if it's one that really deserves the effort, I'll give it a little something extra. But this modding automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're already doing their job.
Mr. Blue: Hey, this Game Boy is nice.
Mr. Pink: It's okay. It isn't anything special.
Mr. Blue: What's special? Taking it into the back and letting it suck your dick?
Nice Guy Eddie: I'd install a rumble feature for that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. They don't run well enough, they can get recalled.
Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a loving collector who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever mod?
Mr. Pink: I don't mod because society says I have to. All right, if a console deserves a mod, if it's one that really deserves the effort, I'll give it a little something extra. But this modding automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're already doing their job.
Mr. Blue: What's special? Taking it into the back and letting it suck your dick?

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
lmfao goldmine

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

UaN: It seems that greed is my sin.

*brother drops freshly soundchipped NES and blows his brains out*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mr. Switch: Hey, why am I Mr. Switch?
Joe : Because you're a human being, alright?
Mr. Switch: Why can't we pick our own consoles?
Joe : No way, no way. Tried it once, it doesn't work. You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Xbox, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Switch. Be thankful you're not Mr. Saturn.
Mr. PS5: Yeah, but Mr. PS5, that's a little too close to Mr. poo poo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Joe : No way, no way. Tried it once, it doesn't work. You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Xbox, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Switch. Be thankful you're not Mr. Saturn.

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao jesus

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Now I'm thinking about Lawrence Tierney's insane life again

quote:

Two years later, Tierney was questioned by New York City police in connection with the apparent suicide of a 24-year-old woman who had jumped from the window of her high-rise apartment. Tierney told police "I had just gotten there, and she just went out the window." He never was arrested or charged with the young woman's death.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mr. Dreamcast: *Dances to a midi version of stuck in the middle before slashing at the console's backlight*

Nintendo DS: *Muffled chime*

Mr. Dreamcast: *Continues dancing and then gets close. Camera pans away as Nintendo DS plays its bootup sound at max volume*

*Camera pans back*

Mr. Dreamcast, speaking into exposed microphone, cord severed: Hey what's goin' on? Can you hear that?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Mr. Dreamcast: *Dances to a midi version of stuck in the middle before slashing at the console's backlight*

Nintendo DS: *Muffled chime*

Mr. Dreamcast: *Continues dancing and then gets close. Camera pans away as Nintendo DS plays its bootup sound at max volume*

*Camera pans back*

Mr. Dreamcast, speaking into exposed microphone, cord severed: Hey what's goin' on? Can you hear that?

Shells to the left of me, modchips to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with U

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I got the tude now posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Shells to the left of me, modchips to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with U

Stuck in the MIDI with You

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

Well now, what’ll it be Lord? Another GBA? How many has it been? Six? Twelve? I disremember. You say the word Lord, I’m on my way. You always send me everdrives to mod your Word. The lurker with a little Game Boy Micro hidden away in a sugar bowl. Lord, I am tired. Sometimes I wonder if you really understand. Not that you mind the moddin. Your Book is full of moddin. But there are things you do hate Lord: dimly backlit things, laggy things, things with impure sound.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're coming to mod you, Barbara

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

remember me, eddie? when i modded your gameboy i talked just...like...this!

lmfao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

do you smell it, Clarice? The aroma of the RAM?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lmao @ everything

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

remember me, eddie? when i modded your gameboy i talked just...like...this!

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I am a great soft jelly boy. Smoothly rounded, with no speaker, with pulsing white holes filled by fog where my screen used to be. Rubbery knobs that were once my buttons; bulks rounding down into rubberless humps of soft slippery matter. I leave a moist trail when I move. Blotches of diseased, evil gray come and go on my surface, as though light is being beamed from within. Outwardly: dumbly, I shamble about, a thing that could never have been known as gameboy, a thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that gaming becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance. Inwardly: alone. Here. Living under the land, under the sea, in the belly of UaN, whom we created because our time was badly spent and we must have known unconsciously that he could do it better. At least the four of them are safe at last. UaN will be all the madder for that. It makes me a little happier. And yet ... UaN has won, simply ... he has taken his revenge ...

I have no interface. And I must game.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lmfao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

*standing across counter from a mint N64* What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jenny Agutter posted:

*standing across counter from a mint N64* What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?

A man must know how to code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

if the homebrew guide you followed is what brought you to this, of what use was the homebrew guide?