Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

so the meta verse is entirely a thing that exists because Facebook had some dudes from McKinsey tell them their brand name is toxic isn’t it

Partially that, partially zucc and other executives thinking really really hard about what to do with oculus and coming up with "You know what everyone definitely wants? Fully immersive virtual meetings, without even having to leave the comfort of your mansion!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

Web 3.0 isn't real and I don't care how many times you pretend it is!

you absolute fool!!

https://edgeandnode.com/blog/defining-the-web3-stack

quote:

Blockchain

Ethereum - original smart contract platform
ZK rollups: ZKSync, Starknet, Hermez - High throughput Ethereum layer 2s, but not natively EVM compatible
Optimistic rollups: Arbitrum & Optimism - Ethereum layer 2s, EVM compatible (learn more about the differences between optimistic and ZK rollups here)
Polygon - Ethereum sidechain
Solana - high throughput, inexpensive transactions, fast block times, but harder to learn than EVM (Rust)
NEAR - Layer 1 blockchain, can write smart contracts in Rust or Assemblyscript
Cosmos - an ecosystem of interoperate blockchains
Polkadot - blockchain-based computing platform that enables blockchains built on top of it to execute transactions between themselves, creating an interconnected internet of blockchains
Fantom - EVM compatible layer 1
Avalanche - EVM compatible Layer 1
Celo - EVM compatible layer 1, designed to make it easy for anyone with a smartphone to send, receive, and store crypto
Tezos - Non EVM compatible layer 1, a lot of NFT projects are using it
Blockchain development environments

For EVM development, there are a few good development environments available:

Hardhat (JavaScript) is a newer option, but one that is gaining more and more popularity. Their docs are great, the tooling and developer experience is polished, and it’s what I’ve personally been using to build dapps.

Truffle (JavaScript) is a suite of tools for building and developing applications on the EVM. It’s mature, battle tested, and well documented. It’s been around for a while and many developers use it.

Foundry is a new Solidity development environment from Paradigm that shows a lot of promise. Key standouts are the ability to write tests in Solidity, support for fuzzing, and speed (it's written in Rust). I wrote a separate introduction to it here.

Brownie is a Python-based development and testing framework for smart contracts for Solidity / EVM development.

For Solana development, Anchor is quickly becoming the entry-point for new developers. It provides a CLI for scaffolding out, building, and testing Solana programs as well as client libraries that you can use for building out front ends. It also includes a DSL that abstracts away a lot of the complexities that developers often run into when they get started with Solana and Rust development.

File Storage

Where do we store images, videos, and other files in web3? Storing anything that large on-chain is usually prohibitively expensive, so we probably don’t want to store them there.

Instead, we can use one of a handful of file storage protocols:

IPFS - peer-to-peer file system protocol
pros: it’s reliable, well documented with a large ecosystem
cons: if data is not pinned it can be lost
Arweave - allows you to store data permanently, paying a single transaction fee. I’m a fan of Arweave and wrote a blog post about it here.
Filecoin - from Protocol Labs, the same team that build IPFS, it is a protocol designed to provide a system of persistent data storage. There are a handful of ways for developers to build on Filecoin, including web3.storage which is pretty nice.
Skynet - I have not yet used it in production, but have tried it out and it seems to work nicely. The API here looks great. I have questions like how long is the data persisted, and Skynet's interoperability with other protocols.
P2P Databases

In addition to file storage and on-chain storage, you may also need to store data off-chain. You might use these types of solutions similarly to how you might use a database in a traditional tech stack, but instead they are replicated across n number of nodes on a decentralized network, and therefore more reliable (at least in theory).

A few options are:

Ceramic Network - a decentralized, open source platform for creating, hosting, and sharing data. Ceramic also has a nice identity protocol that I’ll talk about later. Probably my favorite off-chain storage solution at the moment. Here’s a pretty nice demo.

Textile ThreadDB - a multi-party database built on IPFS and Libp2p. If I understand correctly, it may be going through a big API change at the moment. I’ve tried it and it shows some promise, but the docs and DX need some improvement.

GunDB - a decentralized, peer-to-peer database. Gun has been around for quite sometime and some pretty interesting applications have been built with it.

Í̶̟͖̱̘̟̣̬͉͇̓̀̾ṋ̷̭͊͋̓̿͊̈́͛ ̴̭̈́̋́̀̆̀̈t̸̺̑͐́͌̄͌ę̴̳̜̲͍͉̆̍̀́͗̊͆̉r̷̤̦͎̟̳̮̹̼͕͌̃̅̎̌̓̀̅̊m̶̡̠̰̲̠̭̝͉̫̻̀̈̔̽̾͊͐̄̄s̷̡̢̛͉͕͗͛̎̓̊̀̽͝ ̵̪͊̔̈̈́̂͌̈́̕̚͠ȍ̶̢̨̡͔̰̫̜̮̔̄̅̒͋́f̵̛̲͓̲̒̍̐̈́̊͊̕̚͠ ̵̯͈͕̲̬͖͕̭̮̀̀m̷̬̉a̶̬̭̯̳̐́̎́͋͒̕t̶̨̨͈̩̬͈̹̥̝̊́̿̿̑̓́̐̊͝ṷ̵̡͕͔͇̞͕̒̇r̸͍̻̦̭͓͔̺̙̥̅̇͛̍̽̄̀̎̃ͅi̵̧̨̛͎̻̹̮͈̓̈́̄͘͝t̶̹̹̥̳̱̦̼͛̒̔̐ŷ̵̡̙̙̲̊̔,̵̛̗̻̽̄̌̆̆̋ ̵̗͊̽͐̓̈́́̉̌m̴͚͈̼̗͙̖̩̯̱͆̈́̈͗̈y̷͉̫̺͎̿ ̸̹̬̟̺̖̖̝̘̹͒͛͋́͘͝ţ̵͎͕̿̐́̿̆̌͗a̷̡̢̼̹̫̪͎͉̿̓̀̇͗̌k̵̺̰̒̇͘ȩ̸̻̼̼̭͚̤͎̪̃̈ͅ ̷̥̘̫͔̏͋͋̂͌́̅̎͘̚͜ì̵̝́̌̇͝ṡ̵͙̎ ̶̧̜̬͓͔̱́̇ͅt̴̼̹̤̂̏̀͒̅h̶̢̻͎͍͍̭̀͌̍̏̚a̸̧̖̳̳̽̉̐̍͒̍̿̽̕t̶̨̗͠ͅ ̴͎̲͎̟͔̜̗͎̊͐͆̐̈́̎ͅt̴̬͍̝͎͈̀̔̍̃͠h̶̜̼̠͉̃͗̈́e̷͍̗̺̳̝͆͐̇̓́͜ ̷̛̰̩̥̘̾̉͆̈́̔̂̌ę̵̲͙̯͗c̶̨̺̭͙̰͍͙̼̏̊̈́̓̃͝ọ̴̮͓̙̍̄͠ś̵̹͖͚͓̜̼̜̫̀͑͋͊̑͠y̸͕̻͛̒s̸̢̨͉̪̞̠̮̬̪̱͊͝t̴̢̺̯̖̳͐̒̃ḙ̵̢̧̻͇̩̏̊̄͋͊̂̈̄m̵̟̍̅̊́ ̷͍̦̥̦̦̈́̐͗̋͌o̷̙̗̤̭̓͛́̇̄͜f̷̢̥̘̭͂̑̓̐̒̿̈́͛̔͠ ̴̣̼͕͍̘̮̽̈́̐̌͋͜ȯ̴̢͚͍̤̯͗̊̽̌̋͊f̶͈̟̦͕̻̠͍̗̮̀̅̍͋̎ͅf̸̛͚̲͇͍̞̭͍̼̀͒̽͛́̽̕ͅ-̴͙̪̺͗́̌͋́́c̶̢̜̮̫̱͎̿̒̏̓ͅḧ̵͕̜̺̟̜̬̖́́͂a̸̡̧̛̩͉̪͖̖̎̈̈́̔͠i̷͚͖̬̦͐ņ̸̱̜̗͎̩̣̤́͑͆͐̅̿́̋ ̶̢̡̻͓̗͎͇̲̏̈́̈́͝ś̴̛̗͚̯̖͙͇̾̾̄ţ̷̨̠͙̹̯͉̭͚͉̔͒̈͋ơ̵̧̛̩̟͉̼̠̥͌̌̔̿͊̄̚͝r̷̢̖͕̥̻̬͚̼͍͈̒̑̿́͂̀̋̕a̵̛̛̬̭͕͓̅͐̈́̎͐̀͘g̸̢̢̦̘͚̤̞̞̏̿̍͗̾́e̷̢̠̹̜̺̭̹̞͒͊̋̅͜͠ ̴̡̢̟͇̫͔̹͓̇͝ͅs̸̯̭͙̫̖̆̍̽͒͝ͅö̴̢̧̧̩͔̼͚̖́̂̒̽̏̇̈́l̶̗̹͚̬͑u̴̱͚͔̐t̴͓̭̰̏̓̀̆̂̓̚̕i̴̡̥͆́̆̓ö̵̤̮́͐̉͗͛̌̊̌͠ņ̸͈̝̲̦̱͉̳͇͚͑͊͝ṡ̷̬͚̙͓͎̯ ̴̨̭̭̺͎̙̳̀̈́̽̌̿̀ǐ̶͔̽̀̏͛̆̎́̅ș̶̨̛̛͎̙̿̔͋̉̍ ̶͍̗̺̜͕̼̎̓̉͑̈̒̓̈́̅n̷̫̲͈̤̟̦̰̍͋̚o̵̡̯̘̺͎̯͉̥̓̊͒ť̷̯̘ ̵̛̫͙̩̪̯̝̰̈́̃̏͊̈́̎͠ÿ̶̡̰̝͙͇͉̩́͛̾̈́̏̊̉̿̎͜͝e̷̤͔͕͇͙̺̒͊̓̎̔̽̏̋͊t̶̠̠͙̯͗̑̏̔̃͒͘̕͝ ̸̖̜̣̦̽̒͛̓̐̊͆̕͜w̵̡̧̻̠̪̱̓̔̓̇̅̂́̽̒͂h̷̛̺͎̘͇͎͋̕e̴̝̝̊̓̋̉̀̿̕͘͝ȓ̷̤̞̩̗͐͗͘e̵͕̩͎͕͎̳̹͛́̍͜ ̴̡̭̭̜͙͈̟̪̳̐̒̈̍͘̕͠i̷̧̛̤̥͓͌́t̶̀͂̚ͅ ̷͓͇͚̂̈̔n̷̨̛̜͔̪̤̼̘͚̩͑̿͠é̴̜̋͗̌͂e̵̡̦̬̱̠̜̥͓̙̥̎̀͒̚d̸̢̻͕̱͍̬̗͎̮͉̓̍̄͗̈́̅s̴͖̩̊̂͋̽̋͗̅ ̴͈̈́͒͌͐̕͘t̸̪̭̠̲͕͍̅̈͌͒̊̿́̾͑ŏ̸̧̝͍̠͍̙̭͓̀̑̓̂̑ ̸̦̙̒̎̅̀̚̕b̵͙͉̠͍̓̌̀̀̽͌̈̅̆̂ȩ̶̹̗͈̱͈͇̱̽̈́̈́͑̏́͂̌̍̚ ̸͎͉͓̦̊̿̿̄̀͛̑t̸̛̠̞͐̑̍͗̕ͅo̵̢̝̘͎̼̙͕̊̂̒͠ͅ ̴͓̱͔̜̥̲́̒̇̈̈́̋̄͜b̷̮͓̓̇̅̔̌û̴̲̣̝͉͎͉̭̯̪̝̈͋͗͗ĩ̴̡͍̱̣͎͔̖̦̥͐̇͜͝l̸̨̧̛͎̱̗̫̲̯̈d̸̨̛͔͔͓̩̬̻̙͊̎̀̍͘͘͝͠ ̷̛͖͚͖̻̀̔̓͋͝͠ọ̴̪͎̿̎̐̋̈ṵ̴̻̈́͒̌t̷̢͎̬̼͇͖͓͓̣̓͋̒̐̆͜͠͝ ̶̛̖̪͎̞̤̰̦͕̋̔̑͆̋ͅs̶̡̯͉͖̲̚o̸̲̳͎̟͖̯̮̪̐̽̒̔͊͝m̷͎̖̰͉͕̮̺̩̗̳̍̔̈́͐͗̽̂͝͝ę̵̮͎̮̫̺̣̑͛̀̄͐̈̅͋ ̵̛̳̯̕o̴͖̯̪̤̻͎̲͇̫̟̅̉̈́̓̉̏f̶̮͚̮̗̃̀̕ ̵͓̲͙̳̎͌̿̐̄̚̚t̶̗̭̗̼̭̰̮̋̉͛͐̚ͅḧ̴͔͈̱̻́͋̌̆͂̎̒͘͜e̴̡̱̭̩̺̪͍̝̺̹̒̅͗̅̽͠͠ ̵̢͕̞́̐̓̑͊̀̀͌͊m̵̙͂̋o̸̙͍̠͔͖͐̓̾͜r̵̨̘̬̜̺͉̦̮̩̀̎̕e̴͇̩͍̹̤͂͂̌͒͑̈́ ̴̢̨̛͙̭̪͒͐̇̑͠a̴̺̗͆d̶̛̻̟͔̻̓v̵̡̙̭͇̟̩̅̈́́͌͋̇̀̉̏a̷̢̤̜̩̞̻̪̰͔̓́̒̿̓͊̈́̚ṅ̶̛̹̺͖̠̜̪̥́͗̄̓̈͘ͅç̴̖̳̦͓̟̞͈̰̽̀̅̓͂͗̾͌͜͝͠e̴̺̩͓͔̭̦͓̘͒ͅd̶̢̳̰͓͑̿̽͊̽͘ ̶̮͓̉͋̒̀̏̚͝û̷̟͖͍̙͑̊s̸̛͚̪̥̟̯͔͇̅̽͊̋̿̈̓̓̚͜ͅȩ̵̙͔̫́̈́̏ ̵̢̧̼͖͗͐͐̒̋̚͝č̴̢̳̣̪̱̤̻̣͉̄͊͌́̓̈̈́͌a̴̢̢̛̺̬̳̪̪̖̦͇͆͝s̸̢̩̰̖͕̭͉̗̿̓̿̕͜͝é̵̛̙̳͍̞̹̳̪́̈͆̋̔͑͊͜ͅş̴̧̛̥̻̩̻͈̹͐́̿̈͐̍ ̷̢̩̜͓̼̩̦̯̬̠̃̇̿̑̾̒s̸̭̯͛̽ò̵̠̰̗̎͌̏̐̄̇̋͘m̷̨͕̞̟̮͔̤̱̘̟̌͗̈́͘ḙ̸̡̢̱̫͔̻̈́ ̶̢̛͈̘̤̖͚͈̈́d̸͈̩͓̣̙̐̅̌̊͛͗̓̌ě̷̡̩̘̟̓̂͆̿̌͂͋͠v̵̳̑͑̎͋̄̔͌̚͠ę̷͍̪̦̲̫̩̪̟͋͌ͅl̴͙̖̯͖͖̮̉̅̌́͆͘͝o̵̺̦̘͎͝p̴͙̺͓͖̈́͗̐̾͠e̵̢͕̠̮͈̲͆̂̿̉̓ͅr̶̨̧̥̗̹͑͆͂s̴̤̙̯̯͎͓͓͒̈̎̄͘͜͝ ̸̭͚̖̮̤̫̽̀͝m̶̛͔̅̋̃̇͝i̵̙͔̰͈̋̇͂̑͘͘g̶̦͚̰̟͙̘̜͇̈́̒͂̕͜h̸̨͕̭̠̽͋̾͛̇̓̈́͝͝͠t̶̯̭̖̍͗̔̿̐̂̓̂̄̚ ̷̞̙̽̈͐̓̚̕ẘ̵̹̜̀̇̀̉̑͌a̸̧̛̦̞̎̊͐͊̈́̈́̓͝ͅn̸̪͍̠̔̓ţ̵͖̞̮̮̯̬́͂̓͘͝.̶̜͖̜̪̝͕̀͒̓́̋͂̆͜ ̴͍̲͍̂̔̈̎̂͊̎̌S̵̢̨̝̥͖̜̽̏o̵̢̤̺͇͒͑̋̊̕͘͝m̴̭̫̞̞̬̟͛͑͋̀̈́͗͗̕͝ē̵̥ ̴͚͚͙̜͊̍̓̍̔̀̒̃c̶̺̲̮͋̃̾̑́̎͗̒h̵̦͉͚̟̞͇͖̬̅̓̀a̵̛̙͔͆͊̋̊̍̐̔͐͝l̵̺̰̲̎̒̅͒͠l̷̪̜͉̽̆͆̏́̆̎̊͘̚ḛ̶̳̗̪̙̀͋̃͝ͅņ̴̰̤̲̭̬̰̉͒g̷̢̗͛͐͒͘ẽ̵̪̺̾͋̈͛͘s̷̯͌̄ ̸̙͈̦̈́h̸͔̬̦̳̄e̴̡̨̩͇̩͗͂̋̀̐͂r̵͙̪̗̍̃̅̒̍͆͌͝͠e̴̡̙̭̱̱̽̃̈́͗̿͑͠ ̴̡̛̰͗̾̍̅̈̐ą̵̰̠̻̬͕̲̟̄̎̓ͅr̴̖̱̉͜e̸͉͙͍͈̽ ̵̳̽͘r̷̨̖͔̮̹͇̟̓́̊͊ͅě̴̡̬̌̒̓͒͛͘̕͝a̷̼͕̱̜̗͓̭̒͛̚l̷̞͍̼̫͎̭͚͙͂-̵̫̥̗͚̇̈͑̕̕ţ̸̞̫̹̟̼͕͎́͗͜ị̵͑́̀̓̓̎̀̀̇m̶͈̳̬͍̟͔̹͆̏͐̉̉́͜ë̷̺̮͔̝̙̘̝́͝ ̵̱̫̺̥̬̟̃̔̇̇d̶̨̙̮̹̫̱̻̫̬̱͌̿͊̾̌͒͛͋́a̸̟̠̱̺͐̆̈͒̓̇̋̋͝t̶̞̹̾͌̄͛̇͗̀́͗͝a̶̛̟̰̺̪̱̤̗̒̔͐̋͗͒͘ͅ,̵̡̦̖̲͓̠̤̳͇̗̈̂̒̾̿͑̂ ̵̘̣̌̒̆̓͋̾̾͗͒̍c̴̗͇͕̘̼̰̭̟͙̣̓̈́́̓̒̓ő̴̢̞̬ņ̸̯̹̪̼̋͐f̴̢̡̣̫̤̭̩͇̣͌͒̉̊̋̄͆̑̏ͅl̵̞̥̙̥̱͕̞̩̀͜i̵̡̨̗̫͚̟̓̂̓̃̇̎̃̒̂̔ͅc̴̡͔̿̽t̶̛̗͙̥̬̭͚̻̱̑̈́̍͛̇͋̕ͅ ̷̨͙̣̘̟̌̋̌̄̔̒̈́̀̔̀d̴̫̘̯͚͈̈́̔͊̎e̶͉̬̟̻̟̜̼̱͠ẗ̸̜̻͓̖̊̍͠e̷̝̐̊̑̃̕ċ̸͕͂͐͒̌̊̓̍͒ṯ̵̹̬̮̘̭̪̬̰̖͆̈́́̂͂́í̴͍͖͙̜̲͖̊̈̅̏̐o̶̧̥̙̻̩͆͋̈́̀̀͑͘͝n̴̼̺̫̯͔̣̪̘̈͊̄̚̚ ̴̹̯̲̑̊a̷̖͔̤͚̎̾̄͊̀n̸̙̺̦͂d̶̞̣̲͈̬͉̱͛̔͂͒͊͑̀̕ ̶̛̝̤̫̙̋̏̈́̒̌͋̇ͅĉ̵͉̘͙̯̤̦̚ȍ̵̡͓̣̲̳̼̎̉̈̋͊̾̚͝ņ̷̛̜̯͚̀̄̄̆̚f̶̛̙͚͎̱̯̎̿͂̈̾̋̌̕͜l̴͎̇̉͑i̷̧͓̔̐ç̴̛̻̖̖̘̩͗͆͘͠͠ẗ̷͈̜͙͈̦̙͚̺͔́͒̾͘ ̴̯̗̌̈́͌̿̑͋̚͜r̵̥̥͈̮̙̀e̶̖͚̩̭̓̑ș̷̭̦͖̃̅̾̅̉̀̎͜ͅơ̶̡̝͒͠l̷̢̧̤͈͓̍̓̈́͊̇̂̎̈́̅u̸̲͌t̴̢̢̫̦̓̊̓̾̈́͑̄͠i̵͉̜͚̳̜̭̽̔͂̄́̀̚͠ơ̶̻̻̲̺̐͗͗͛̒̀͋́͝ṉ̶̓̀,̴̢̛̞̜̟̲̹̲̲͗͒̒̔͒̐͝ ̴̧̠̠͌̽̓̄w̶̡̯͔̣̼̬̠̄̑͜ͅr̵̮̱̟̎͆̀̆̈̊̌i̷̹̩̻̒̃͝t̷͔̱̤͖̠̯̪́͐͐é̶͚̙̥̜̮̰͈̾͠͝ ̷̡̢̞͖͎̀͒͠å̵̱̪̝̭̫̓̾u̶̠̖̥̬̟͈̓͊̀t̸̫̏͜͝ḥ̴̡̞͍͔͙̖̍̇̅͋̀͘͝͝ơ̷̡̼͇̦̠̱̭͇͒̈̍̐̌̆̀̕ŕ̵̲͖̭͈͚̯͇͜͝͝ͅi̸̻̘̪̯̭͔̼͇͜͜͝z̴̧̺̗̜͕͓̲͓̘͔̾͗́̿ä̴̼̮̲̫͍̦̘́̾̽̇̓͑͜t̸͙͈͊̀̾̀́̈̒̎͘į̵̞̬͉̥͖̤̋̂̉͗͐̉͜͝͠ͅơ̴̡̨̞͇͔̫͎͊͆̃̆͗̐̉͛͑n̷̨̢̨̫̟̟̹̙̂̓͜,̴̘̜͈̘̖̍͒̈́́̾͘̚͠ ̵͙̠̱͉͒̈́̃̌͝ḑ̸̢̹̜͙̰̪͈͔̬̀̆̕o̷̱͌̿̄̄̆̆͝ç̸͙͕̝͚̖͖̱͗̐̄̃̏̑̅͝u̵͈̿̐͑̅̈́͂͘m̷̢̻̭̥͉̝͚̳͍̀̓̍̋̀͂̀͝ȩ̷͍̫̳̗͚͓̱̑́̾͑̎̇̌̾͐n̶͎͆̔̾͂͝ẗ̵͓̤̭̬̯͎̤̮́̊͜͠a̴̬͔̗͈̲̣̒͌́͑̇t̴͓̠͙̟̥̗̥̓̀̾͜ͅi̶͉̪̞͔͉͙͂̔ő̴̠̭̳̻̟̭n̵̡͎͚͒̋͜,̴̣̊̏̑̾̋͠͠ ̵͎̮́͋̽̆̈́̚ẵ̸̤̹͕͉͔̣͓̏̅̿̓͗̈́n̴̢̨͈͚͙͔͔͉̅͗͗̅̿̐d̷̯̪̲̯͎̘̝͑̑̄́͌̉͗̚ ̵̡̝͖͖̦̲͚̻̖͒̀̓̃̔͊̆͝g̷̻̏̎͘ë̴͇̗͔͚̬́̑͒n̷͍͍͙͉̺̰̾̋̽̈́̐̀̏̉̌̚ȇ̴͍̬̳͖̎̚͝r̷̛̥̥̜͔̝̜̰͐͆̓͝a̵̢̢͚͉͍̣̝̙͈͉̿̀́̀̇͑̎́̽l̶͔̅̉̉̆̌ ̴̛̝̗̻̯͔̤̬̫̎̐͛̂́͘͠͝ͅd̵̻͖̗̞̳̦̝͙̏͂̆̈́̅̆̂͜͝ȩ̸̠̫̻̺͐͠ͅv̷̛͓̬͉͓̬̱̳̬̬̩̉́̈́͗̓͝ȩ̵̙̩̝̩̟̫̟̂͒̃͒̕͘l̴̲̯̣͔̘̩̬̩͓͛͜o̸̱̘̣̳͓̤͑̈́̆͊̇̒͘ͅp̶̺̘̞͐̃̔͆͐̔͘ȩ̶̟͓̘̾͆̎͂̍̇̕͠r̵̞̩̺̳̟̦͉̥̳̿̉͐̒̅͗̕̕͝ ̷̮̺̞̔̉̎́̃̉̉̅e̶̳̟͓̖̳̗̗̫͌̏̈̅͝ͅx̵̡̨̳̺̒̅̀̐́͠͝͝p̸̪̞͈̦̥̤̾̉͒̀̆́̎̇̚̚e̷͚̦̦̥͍̗͚͗́̑͆̽͋͗͠ͅͅr̴̨̳̜̩̰͂͂͘ĭ̶̺̺͈̟̘̟̘̳̞e̶̱̣͉̯͇͋̏̓͐̑͐̔ͅṇ̵̡̧̨̧͈̀̌c̶̛̦̼̤͇̭̖̭̆͊̄̏̒͐̆̀̚ẹ̶͙͚̌̋.̶̡͍͍̦͉̥̹͚̰̭̓
̷̯͎̯͈̦̬̊͊̂͘͠͝
̷͔̲͕̖̀̉̐̌̈́͛̎̾̚I̵̡̛̖̻̼̣̼̰͠n̸͕̥̫̜̭̰͕̓̍͗t̶̟͆̽̏́̽̏̏͘͠e̸͖̒̓͝g̸̤̤̞̰̀̾̃͋͆̌̌̆͝ŗ̴̧̬̜̲͓̺̋̇̀̑̈̐͝a̴̻͚̫̭̘͚͐t̴̡̧̧̪̳̊̽̈́̿̾̐͐̂̕ï̴̪̎̐̕͜͝n̵̬̗̠̲͂̈̉͋͊̊͛ͅg̵̤̙̉̓̇̊̽͑̀ ̴̧̫̯̺̼͙̣̼̞̒̓o̴̧͎̳̼̱̟͔̣̅͌̍f̴̲̰͉̹̦̋͋͐͊͋̄̉͝f̷̛̛̺̳̳͔̻̰͔̞̹͋̈́̍̃͗͘̚͜c̸͍̜̲̳̺̜̿̑̈́́́̉̚ḣ̶̨͙̲͍̥̰̌̃̅͊̆̌͘ä̶̧̗͕͔͙̯͑̓͑͋̈́̚͝͝

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"blockchain-based computing platform that enables blockchains built on top of it to execute transactions between themselves, creating an interconnected internet of blockchains"

Jesus christ what is wrong with you people

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I've been postin' in the yospos bitcoin thread for a long-rear end time now, and every time I read a list like this I get this strong feeling that I know what all these words mean but the person writing them does not. It's like reading something run through google translate back and forth between languages a few times, except the output language of the last step is set to "idiot"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shame Boy posted:

I've been postin' in the yospos bitcoin thread for a long-rear end time now, and every time I read a list like this I get this strong feeling that I know what all these words mean but the person writing them does not. It's like reading something run through google translate back and forth between languages a few times, except the output language of the last step is set to "idiot"

it reminds me of what marketers say vs what a product person says in any conversation lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Sucking off a CLI with my DSL

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1478429695037382656?s=20

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1478142407757737991

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

lol cant for the new msnbc series of host ape NFTs

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
BoredHostApeClub

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

ekuNNN posted:

Source: De Beers lmao

the thing is that people actually do prefer giant rear end synthetic diamonds that are priced much lower and can't be distinguished from "natural" diamonds. maybe on a carat per carat basis someone would prefer the mined diamond but shallowness means you just get a bigger synthetic rock to make up for it and it works swimmingly. diamond mining is a severely doomed industry

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

How does your browser know it's looking at "good journalism"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

updoots

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Shame Boy posted:

Same way Firefox has a good post function

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

Algorithm knows all

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Well by the rate this news blockchain my bros

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Before accessing the site, you simply need to approve payments for articles from this particular site at the wall put up to keep you out of the site. We'll call it the wall of paying.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
log on, charged an access the new and cool pages fee

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Flattr tried this business model ~10 years ago, and it failed. You could set a fixed amount to be distributed per month and click the "Flattr" button on articles or podcasts you liked. At the end of the month, your money was distributed among all your flattrs.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Or how about this, everyone has a config in their browser that lets them set the max amount they want to pay for any given page load. Then any site that wants to ask for money (so all of them) will say it needs money to access the page during the HTTP OPTIONS request. Then both sides simply engage in a high-frequency trading algorithm to try to out-bid the other, while the user's device locks up for several seconds as it attempts to spam buy requests. Eventually, your cat gif loads and your account is charged $10.01. (1 cent for the page load, $10 for transaction fees)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Now I'm imagining how different the web would be if everyone was charged per-connection the way phone calls are billed lmao

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

[this is a paid post pm me $10 to read it]

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i would give almost anything for this person to give up what they do and find a new passion

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gotta buy some journopoints from the gas station to read about the pandemic online

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

In this hypothetical, I'd take the train.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Hello you owe the IRS 5,000$, please go to the nearest convenience store and purchase 500 Newscoins Giftcards

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Centrist Committee posted:

Gun has been around for quite sometime and some pretty interesting applications have been built with it.

Seems right to me.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

i am harry posted:

i would give almost anything for this person to give up what they do and find a new passion

I honestly don't know if he's gotten just so much more loving broke-brained over the last few years, or if I've just crack-pinged so hard that what previously seemed not all that unreasonable to me now sounds completely loving insane.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

Now I'm imagining how different the web would be if everyone was charged per-connection the way phone calls are billed lmao

there are something like ten domains involved in just loading this page

the results of trying to load something like the new york times would be hilarious

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
So substack but for everywhere

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I already broke my brain figuring out what an NFT was. I'm not going to memorize a second necronomicon.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

i am harry posted:

I'm afraid MattY is already pursuing his passion - having the exact worst take on every single topic

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Canadian detected

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Marzzle posted:

the thing is that people actually do prefer giant rear end synthetic diamonds that are priced much lower and can't be distinguished from "natural" diamonds. maybe on a carat per carat basis someone would prefer the mined diamond but shallowness means you just get a bigger synthetic rock to make up for it and it works swimmingly. diamond mining is a severely doomed industry

they need to go full marketing into the human misery angle, really use the fact that a small child lost their hands getting this diamond onto that ring

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

tokin opposition posted:

Sucking off a CLI with my DSL

dude, those CLIs are nasty.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ekuNNN posted:

Source: De Beers lmao

You've got to hand it to De Beers!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

so the meta verse is entirely a thing that exists because Facebook had some dudes from McKinsey tell them their brand name is toxic isn’t it

Pretty much. I had to sit through a metaverse presentation for work and you could replace every mention of "metaverse" with whatever social media platform you prefer and the context would be unchanged. The only piece you're missing is them trying to find a way to get people to actually adopt VR en masse (lmao no one has the space or money or time for this poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Hello you owe the IRS 5,000$, please go to the nearest convenience store and purchase 500 Newscoins Giftcards
That's just a prank. In a scam you must convince someone to send you something of value.