Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

good ep

guest was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Joseph Ladapo, who became Surgeon General in in September, is a member of America's Frontline Doctors, the demon alien sex lady organization, and is being paid $500K a year for the trouble. They had to ship out a crazy person from California because they couldn't find a local crazy person to do it. This is all after he lied about treating covid patients at UCLA in an OPED in USA Today. His hiring also relates to corruption charges directed at the governor and the Board of Governors using and silencing higher education personnel for political and personal gain, although it's not the focus.

He met with an immuno-compromised senator soon after hiring, without a mask on, refused to wear one, and after being reprimanded by the Republican State Senate President claimed he couldn't speak well enough to people with a mask on. Also won't say whether he's vaccinated or not.

lol amazing poo poo

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol amazing poo poo

I can’t help but feel like God is revealing that FL will be in the ocean within a decade. It’s the only way the narrative makes sense. Inshallah.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Groovelord Neato posted:

Florida's surgeon general talking about how we have to back off the "testing psychology" while standing at a podium that said EARLY TREATMENT SAVES LIVES was funny.

What sucks is that this is a case of good (nuanced) science being horribly misapplied. Testing is not always a good thing for a multitude of reasons.

For example, there's been a lot of public health communication for a while about colon cancer, to the point where people are requesting screenings for it way too early. This ends up taking doctors' time away from other patients, complications with more invasive tests, and the pusuit of treatment can lead to a shortened lifespan (and decreased quality of life) in cases where something else would've killed you before the cancer could.

Even though the above stuff is well researched, our unhealthy relationship with healthcare in America leads to people getting tested. My personal theory is that testing is essentially a "premium package" upgrade to your healthcare experience, so people want to be "better safe than sorry" and go for it. That, and Americans are constantly looking for something out of their control to place responsibility on for feeling like poo poo all the time.

Obviously, none of the above really applies to COVID testing and/or treatment, but it does suck to see good science be misused, especially when the concept behind it can seem kind of counter-intuitive.

So yes, we should evaluate our "testing psychology," just not for COVID. And "EARLY TREATMENT SAVES LIVES" but it also ends lives too! What a world!

Sorry for the unprompted mini-rant :words:

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the best gem from him that I forgot to mention was that during a presser he said that vaccination was no different than eating healthy so if you eat your "fruits and vegetables" you don't need to be vaccinated against diseases.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think the best gem from him that I forgot to mention was that during a presser he said that vaccination was no different than eating healthy so if you eat your "fruits and vegetables" you don't need to be vaccinated against diseases.

I read his wikipedia and he said that vaccines have been treated "like a religion" lmao

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

I read his wikipedia and he said that vaccines have been treated "like a religion" lmao

Sure if it works. I mean I do my yearly obeisance (booster) and the flu gods are merciful. I can’t ever seem to connect which orange I didn’t eat that somehow got me my (mild) breakthrough case over the weekend

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I mean, would I rather eat a strict diet, have a good exercise routine, not be vaccinated, get COVID and then be absolutely miserable, potentially hospitalized and perhaps even die?

Or get the vaccine and chow down like a hog on whatever I want to and probably at worst feel a little lovely for a few days if I catch COVID?

I know which side I'm choosing (or already chose.) :mrapig:

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

WorkerThread posted:

wow they got the least funny episode 1 guy on to complain for an hour? sounds like a must listen

Greg Proops? what a catch

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

selec posted:

I can’t help but feel like God is revealing that FL will be in the ocean within a decade. It’s the only way the narrative makes sense. Inshallah.
DeSantis is just speeding up the inevitable

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Jabronie posted:

Greg Proops? what a catch

i'd listen to a greg proops chapo episode

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Previa_fun posted:

good ep

guest was right

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

papa horny michael posted:

cool my friend is homeless. everyone can whine about covid and trauma

what

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

cool my friend is homeless. everyone can whine about covid and trauma

I'm sure your friend appreciates you cynically using their homelessness to get in what you apparently think is an own on an internet forum

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Heath posted:

I'm sure your friend appreciates you cynically using their homelessness to get in what you apparently think is an own on an internet forum

they did. i texted that healthcare workers were being bitches again

selec
Sep 6, 2003

they did. i texted that healthcare workers were being bitches again

“solidarity but let’s be clear the nurses deserve every punch they get”

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

nurses (RNs mostly) actually love acting like the most put upon members of society

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

they really are just girl cops

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
e1 branson voice: that's right!

UP AND ADAM posted:

No, the Chapo guest was complaining about his fellow workers daring to show comraderie and make small talk about their shared position.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
construction and service workers continue to die more than healthcare people through the continuing pandemic. and typically don't have stable pay, sick days of any kind, or any healthcare. god forbid you complain about covid around a healthcare worker though!

i like that andrew is smart enough to surround his whining with "we should go after the bosses talk" though

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Even if the work is less dangerous I think ferrying person after person from wheezing wreck into body bag is a special kind of hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

construction and service workers continue to die more than healthcare people through the continuing pandemic. and typically don't have stable pay, sick days of any kind, or any healthcare. god forbid you complain about covid around a healthcare worker though!

i like that andrew is smart enough to surround his whining with "we should go after the bosses talk" though

What’s the gimmick dog

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

You're a loving wart

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Dr Christmas posted:

AOC was photographed vacationing in Florida outside without a mask, and some Newsmax guy commented on her boyfriend’s feet. She responded with an IMO completely true statement about Republicans venting their sexual frustrations on her, which Republicans have been melting down about for a few days.

They should be thankful they don't have to pretend Ann Coulter is good looking anymore, or MTG for that matter. Nick Mullen nailed it with "she looks like one of those brush-your-teeth dinosaurs that's always going to the dentist"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I've been saying all along that the cheering for healthcare workers would eventually turn into jeering at healthcare workers.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
look, so long as I carefully never talk about covid fears around healthcare workers it's fine. they have a very special form of trauma along with food and housing insecurity that no one else can relate to.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

I've been saying all along that the cheering for healthcare workers would eventually turn into jeering at healthcare workers.

despite what he said, he's actually no longer a healthcare worker. so it's free game to laugh at the stay-at-home podcaster

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Futanari Damacy posted:

They should be thankful they don't have to pretend Ann Coulter is good looking anymore, or MTG for that matter. Nick Mullen nailed it with "she looks like one of those brush-your-teeth dinosaurs that's always going to the dentist"

Every time Greene comes up I think of Lou Perltzman telling her she needs to find the hidden tunnels under the Beverly Hills plastic surgery clinics.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

look, so long as I carefully never talk about covid fears around healthcare workers it's fine. they have a very special form of trauma along with food and housing insecurity that no one else can relate to.

You're a disgusting cynic and I don't for a second believe you actually give a poo poo about anybody's truama, you absolute goon

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Heath posted:

You're a disgusting cynic and I don't for a second believe you actually give a poo poo about anybody's truama, you absolute goon

i don't believe you've ever worked around nurses and doctors otherwise you would not have such a high opinion of them

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

Every time Greene comes up I think of Lou Perltzman telling her she needs to find the hidden tunnels under the Beverly Hills plastic surgery clinics.

lmao

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Solidarity for all workers!*

*except the ones I worked with in my industry because I hate those fucks, loving stuck up doctors and nurses “oh I save lives” yeah well I save critical vulnerabilities in firewall Infrastructure and nobody claps for me
**also except Janice, I told the boss on Janice because she’s slow at filing reports
***also except the workers who don’t have it as hard as construction workers
****actually gently caress construction workers they don’t have it as bad as retail due to all the Karens am I right?
*****actually I just got promoted to manager whoops you all should probably not discuss pay I’m pretty sure it’s illegal

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

space uncle posted:

Solidarity for all workers!*

*except the ones I worked with in my industry because I hate those fucks, loving stuck up doctors and nurses “oh I save lives” yeah well I save critical vulnerabilities in firewall Infrastructure and nobody claps for me
**also except Janice, I told the boss on Janice because she’s slow at filing reports
***also except the workers who don’t have it as hard as construction workers
****actually gently caress construction workers they don’t have it as bad as retail due to all the Karens am I right?
*****actually I just got promoted to manager whoops you all should probably not discuss pay I’m pretty sure it’s illegal

glad you are picking up what i'm putting down

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I like the stance that healthcare workers should not be respected because they're annoying.

Especially the healthcare job that's like 90% women.

This would be a good cum town bit.

Also computer touchers should have to dig covid graves

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Lobe posted:

Even if the work is less dangerous I think ferrying person after person from wheezing wreck into body bag is a special kind of hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Mae posted:

I like the stance that healthcare workers should not be respected because they're annoying.

Especially the healthcare job that's like 90% women.

This would be a good cum town bit.

Also computer touchers should have to dig covid graves

"you must nevah respect a nurse..."

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Heath posted:

you can't help it, it's a condition of your employment

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This discourse kinda reminds me of how when teachers strike you get people popping up here and there saying they had a lovely time in school because of bad teachers in their life so why should they care. Like, is it that hard to see there are bigger issues than whatever chip you have on your shoulder? And maybe some of the social pressures that produce bad teachers are the same causes that push them to the breaking point of needing to strike

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

This discourse kinda reminds me of how when teachers strike you get people popping up here and there saying they had a lovely time in school because of bad teachers in their life so why should they care. Like, is it that hard to see there are bigger issues than whatever chip you have on your shoulder? And maybe some of the social pressures that produce bad teachers are the same causes that push them to the breaking point of needing to strike

Ok maybe I'm being tricked but I'll actually engage in the discussion. Nobody is saying nurses shouldn't unionize or don't deserve better conditions. I think they deserve a lot more than they're getting. I also think they whine constantly, which was my experience way before covid. And finally, I'm just not very sympathetic to podcasters. Sorry.

Who in this thread is saying nurses should not unionize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

you have eight pages of posts in the cspam covid thread dog maybe take a break from constantly thinking about covid