Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Najee owners take solace in the fact that since I need him to score less than 8 to win, he’s going to score way more than 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I was sweating bullets after realizing I left Bass in while knowing it was gunna be a snow game.

I didn’t even realize it was a bad weather game. That switch to Bass was an obvious mistake and I should have known better.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Welp, I managed to lose a championship with Chase on my team

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

drat, that's actually impressive.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I wouldn't have won my game even if I'd started Chase over Antonio Brown, because Dalvin Cook, Ronald Jones, and Matt Gay combined for 5 points, kinda nice to just have it taken out of your hands like that

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RCarr posted:

Wow. I'm very curious to see this matchup.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Wow. I'm very curious to see this matchup.

https://imgur.com/gallery/i6CJ3c5

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So I only made it to the playoffs in one out of my seven leagues I'm in.

But I won the Super Bowl in that one league, so I'm happy. :)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Yeah thats the dagger. Gonna lose in beer league even though I started the night with Chubb/Friermuth and a tiny lead and opponent only had Boswell.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Would’ve won if I kept Dillon in over Edmonds. Instead ending up 8 short. Thems the breaks, still a great season.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Won a dynasty league by 12.

Good game poque

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I lost the championship but I’m still proud of my team considering my first pick died before the season began.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Good game poque

May need to recalculate that after that run.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Would’ve won if I kept Dillon in over Edmonds. Instead ending up 8 short. Thems the breaks, still a great season.

I AM loving CRYING. NAJEE. MY BOY.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Good game poque

Congrats!

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Whoreson Welles posted:

I AM loving CRYING. NAJEE. MY BOY.

Hell yeah fellow Najee buddy :thumbsup: He outscored Landry + Chubb and won me my first championship in my first fantasy season ever.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The absolute best teams I've put together in years and I came away with nothing anywhere. I'm bitter as gently caress.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’m wide awake, no chance I fall asleep in the next hour. I thought I was done for against the guy who picked up and started Burrow after I dropped him two days before Christmas. First championship in 11 years after two 2nd place finishes and coming in last 4 times, including last season.

I feel like an rear end in a top hat because I was down 8 and admitted defeat after the late Browns TD, I really thought the Steelers were just going to get a first down and run out the clock. But then again the other guy won three times in a row from 2016-2019 so I don’t feel TOO bad.

GibbonTrainer
Apr 19, 2010
My 9-5 dynasty squad just took down the commissioner’s 14-0 team to win my first championship. I did not expect Rashaad Penny, who I’ve held for three seasons, to win me anything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bittersweet ending to my 2nd league but at least I lost by just enough where even if I had made the right bench pick I would have still lost so I can’t feel too bad about it. Still, Swift was a big dud this week and I was expecting just a tad more from a few other players while my opponent had just enough people go boom to make up for some really bad decisions. It honestly would have been worse since had I played Mooney over Swift I would have lost this game be less than 2 points and honestly that would have driven me insane.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

The absolute best teams I've put together in years and I came away with nothing anywhere. I'm bitter as gently caress.
Yeah I scored 7ish more points than the guy who won the Championship game, but wasnt in the game because I lost last week by less than 10 points with my most optimal lineup in. It hurts.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I scored 7ish more points than the guy who won the Championship game, but wasnt in the game because I lost last week by less than 10 points with my most optimal lineup in. It hurts.

Man, that sucks. Two of my teams put up their biggest losses of the year last week too. :sigh::respek::sigh:

I guess I have to view it as the punchline to the cosmic joke that was last year when I won a championship despite posting up a combined 16-23 record.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GibbonTrainer posted:

My 9-5 dynasty squad just took down the commissioner’s 14-0 team to win my first championship. I did not expect Rashaad Penny, who I’ve held for three seasons, to win me anything.

Penny won me 2 Champs this year and I got him for free in both leagues

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tyreek Hill's double bust in weeks 16/17 was the final straw for me, aside from the whole Jamarr Chase thing.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Harris didn't go too hog wild, along with Chubb doing basically nothing, gave me the double win last night. Feels good.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Also just noticed that in addition to the last second Harris TD for me, my opponent also lost by 1.6 because of Nagy’s idiot trick play and a David Montgomery INT.

We had a small one-off Covid league last year and the guy who won promised to donate the winnings to our keeper league’s winner. I told him to split that with me and my opponent because it was such a bad beat for the guy I honestly felt filthy afterwards.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Whoreson Welles posted:

Also just noticed that in addition to the last second Harris TD for me, my opponent also lost by 1.6 because of Nagy’s idiot trick play and a David Montgomery INT.

We had a small one-off Covid league last year and the guy who won promised to donate the winnings to our keeper league’s winner. I told him to split that with me and my opponent because it was such a bad beat for the guy I honestly felt filthy afterwards.

No no no that’s all wrong.

Instead take that money and spend it on one of those cameo things to have Jeff Goldblum mock your opponent for losing.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
A tale of two leagues:

1) 10 team 1ppr keeper league, with CMC and King Henry as my keepers coming in to the season. Started 7-1, ended 7-7, 6th seed after both backs went down for the season. Multiple bad waiver wire moves, panic tinkerings, and just lovely luck led me straight to consolation bracket. Won the 7th place game solely on my opponent's apathy to set his line up.

2) 14 team standard scoring redraft IDP league with friends. Drafted well, made a couple of smart free agent pickups (thanks CPat early on!) and generally kept winning so I felt no need to tinker. Just won the ship based on Najee's performance after make a huge boneheaded move starting Jordan Howard over Boston Scott in my Flex.

Lessons learned: the less I tinker or make roster moves right before games, the better I do!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I won a goon league with a bad team. The secret: luck.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have to cut four people from my dynasty team's roster to get my roster down to size. Then I'll have to cut more after drafting people. Blegh.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm debating trading out of this draft entirely in my dynasty league. Not a decision I have to make today though!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If anyone here is in my dynasty league give me your drat 5th round picks already so I can complete the set.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Any of these guys worth stashing in dynasty over J. Guyton?

WR - A. Wesley, B. Edwards, J. Reynolds, T. Atwell (IR), A. Schwartz

TE (I have Gesicki and J. Cook’s old rear end) - D. Parham, T. Tremble, J. Johnson

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Like Bryan edwards and Anthony Schwartz as prospects but Edwards has been supremely disappointing this season.

I don't know how I'd measure them to Guyton. Keenan Allen and Mike Williams probably have a lock on those targets for another season or two depending on contract details.

Edwards, if he pulls it together should be the Raiders main outside guy, though Renfrow and Waller are target sponges.

I dont know what to make of the Cle situation.

Full disclosure, I have Edwards and Schwartz on my dynasty team, though Schwartz is stashed in my Taxi Squad. I had Guyton at one point but dropped him for waiver pick up.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I would take Edwards, Schwartz, and Parham over Guyton. Maybe Tremble too.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Thanks y’all. If Williams leaves in FA it seems like Palmer will be WR2 as of now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I love Dynasty leagues but drat it is hellish when the time of year where you have to cut guys comes. I want to keep all of my children!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm trying to figure out if I should make room on my roster for Dan Arnold lol. I'm worried about Kelce hitting the cliff so I'm scoping out younger TEs to stash. I got him n Kmet atm, Dan's on Covid IR so I have a couple days days figure it out

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Yahoo did not give points for their meaningless rating system for the week 17 playoff game. Give me my points to kick me into diamond :argh:.

Also, my team of almost entirely free agents came alive when it mattered for our 3 week playoffs, got the highest score in the playoff bracket for all three playoff weeks :cool:.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How does the 2022 draft class look?

I think it’s time to ship out DeAndre Hopkins before he officially gets old, but I’m not sure if I want picks this year or next.