Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Mayor Dave posted:

I admire your optimism

the us won't last a century but elections are far too profitable to ever do away with

billions of dollars a year in revenue buys both legislators and all corporate media

which is all media

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

the democrats deserve to be destroyed in 2022

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Complications posted:

the us won't last a century but elections are far too profitable to ever do away with

billions of dollars a year in revenue buys both legislators and all corporate media

which is all media

Have to have civilization to have elections

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

the justification for voting for Dems has become wholly negative - you have to vote for them to keep the other party out of office*. there is no positive, they will do nothing for you or anyone you know. isn't that enough? no? well that makes you a fascist!

*but we also need a strong Republican party, so don't vote for Dems too much

There's a whole basket of emotional goods packaged into that Democrat vote. Voting for liberals proves you're a good person, because conservatives are bad. On the other hand, if you're not a moralistic thinker - voting for Democrats equals harm reduction because they're not as bad, which proves you're smart and willing to make rational choices.

It doesn't sound like much, but that's how you get a whole political superstructure based on millions of people just huffing their own farts.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

disgusting

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
https://www.salon.com/2022/01/04/ted-cruz-says-will-impeach-biden-if-it-retakes-congress--whether-its-justified-or-not/

Lmao this is exactly what I predicted would happen

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Lol they can't even manage to say "vote for us"

Former democrat politics person here: the whole "Vote" thing comes from the idea that libs think they're above pandering and when they say "Vote." on CNN or something, they know it'll be the right audience they actually want voting

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Next you can tell me which horse to pick.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
That's right, op

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Next you can tell me which horse to pick.

This is America so the fascist one.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

they will definitely impeach him at least twice because you just know trump hates it that every news article on the subject refers to him as the only president to be impeached twice

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

vyelkin posted:

they will definitely impeach him at least twice because you just know trump hates it that every news article on the subject refers to him as the only president to be impeached twice

Nah they will just need to do it once because unlike the Democrats, they will succeed the first time.

The second time they try Biden will be when they arrest him the second after he's impeached.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
They will succeed the first time. Biden will be impeached and removed early 2023, and then Kamala will be a few weeks later. And guess what that means?

:smugdon:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
ugh I recoiled from that picture wtf (I turned my monitor on first)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wow very rude of him to exclude mayor Pete

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

Wow very rude of him to exclude mayor Pete

SHORT
AND
GAY

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CaptainACAB posted:

Nah they will just need to do it once because unlike the Democrats, they will succeed the first time.

The second time they try Biden will be when they arrest him the second after he's impeached.

lol even if they swept the board in 2022 including winning in places like california and new york the republicans would still be three votes shy of a conviction in the senate which makes it let's say unlikely

what i think is more likely is that the house impeaches him like once a week for the next two years, the same way they repealed obamacare like 50 times

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Without looking it up, does anybody remember what Democrats impeached Trump for?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Without looking it up, does anybody remember what Democrats impeached Trump for?

asking the president of Ukraine to publicly accuse Joe Biden of corruption

lol

lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

I hope they loving do it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/AllezLesBoulez/status/1478530806524035074?s=20

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZA6H4iFkt0&t=104s

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Didn't Sean start an organization called Project S.E.A.N.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
abolish abolish ice

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I honestly had forgotten they did it a second time

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Nothus posted:

I hope they loving do it

promises kept

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nothus posted:

I hope they loving do it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
anything that distracts the republicans from passing legislation is good. unlike the dems, they are actually willing and able to do so but like the dems they are unfortunately completely evil.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1319446692236791814?s=20

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

ex post facho posted:

They will succeed the first time. Biden will be impeached and removed early 2023, and then Kamala will be a few weeks later. And guess what that means?

:smugdon:

I have to wonder if they'd go straight back to Don or let Mitch be a lame duck for a year.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

vyelkin posted:

I don't understand why you wouldn't embrace the fact that they came at you twice, and failed.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I don't understand why you wouldn't embrace the fact that they came at you twice, and failed.

and what's coming out now is proving him right, the facts are coming out now

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

biden and da libs vindicating donald trump is not something I had on my card

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

bedpan posted:

biden and da libs vindicating donald trump is not something I had on my card

They're cut from the same cloth is all. This is one of the many instances when you can say, "He's not right but he might as well be," and if you squint your eyes just right he might be mistaken for being right.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dems can't even make a t shirt right.
'Straight blue, 2022" rhymes. Adding "the only way" fucks it up.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The dems are in favor of school funding only if it depresses STEM wages, so lacking even the most basic creativity/arts background checks out

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lol that the dems think anyone outside of brain damaged msnbc viewers gives the slightest poo poo about 1/6 with everything else going on right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nothus posted:

lol that the dems think anyone outside of brain damaged msnbc viewers gives the slightest poo poo about 1/6 with everything else going on right now.

they already decided that it's their 9/11 and that let's go brandon is a slur

all that matters is selling their garbage baby narrative to their fanbase so they can be properly indignant in the face of their party getting torn to shreds in 2022