Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The only time both launch EXs had weapons was in HW, and they quickly realised that was pointless cause nobody actually used the Bismarck weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kyrosiris posted:

The first drat shiny EX weapons they drop better be Titania ones. :argh:

Too late, they already released Hades weapons :v:

Which have a neat effect, but I hope we get something flashier for the others. I really love how the Zurvan and Byakko weapons turned out, more along those lines

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I love the ink effect on the byakko weapons but hate the thunder blob that goes with it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So first the baseline dancer gear for savage is crafted+pentamelded *everything* except for Limbo boots, then the BiS is four pieces + wep from the raids and everything else is tomestone. What a cruel tier.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Isn't the baseline bis for entering a tier always pentamelded crafted gear for everyone?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SirSamVimes posted:

Isn't the baseline bis for entering a tier always pentamelded crafted gear for everyone?

Sometimes normal raid or ex drops win out depending on stats. In this case, only the normal raid boots are mathematically better than crafted gear for aiming.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What’s the usual recommendation for grinding the limited tomestones for someone who also wants to level alt jobs? Already did all of my daily roulettes except for main scenario and leveling.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Regalingualius posted:

What’s the usual recommendation for grinding the limited tomestones for someone who also wants to level alt jobs? Already did all of my daily roulettes except for main scenario and leveling.

If you just do EX 5 times a week you will cap, it gives 90 a run.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Regalingualius posted:

Current expansion Hunt trains are fantastic for Tomes, especially when the overworld zones have extra instances as they do now. Conversely, World Visits are generally problematic at the moment (to and/or from can take hours to process), and of course you'd need to be online and available when a train rolls

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Begemot posted:

Too late, they already released Hades weapons :v:

Those were in 5.5, I meant in 6.x.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I'm considering switching my main to Reaper after playing Ninja since Heavensward, since I'm not really into the Endwalker Ninja changes and Reaper is pretty fun at 90. However, there seem to be a lot of people playing Reaper right now. I haven't joined any party finder groups in a long time, but if/when I do get around to doing extremes or savages, would playing Reaper make joining one of those groups significantly more difficult due to the excess of Reapers?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zinkraptor posted:

I'm considering switching my main to Reaper after playing Ninja since Heavensward, since I'm not really into the Endwalker Ninja changes and Reaper is pretty fun at 90. However, there seem to be a lot of people playing Reaper right now. I haven't joined any party finder groups in a long time, but if/when I do get around to doing extremes or savages, would playing Reaper make joining one of those groups significantly more difficult due to the excess of Reapers?

If people are putting up one player per job, yes absolutely. It's incredibly rare I actually get to join a pf as a reaper just because there already is one and I have to play something else if I want to join. It's incredibly frustrating.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

That's unfortunate. I like reaper better for Duty Finder content so maybe I'll continue gearing both but give the higher end gear to ninja first (even if having two melee dps for my highest geared jobs is kind of redundant). Alternatively, I might just go full reaper anyway since I still have no idea when I'll actually get around to doing party finder stuff.

They should've just made reapers use scouting gear. That would solve all my problems, despite not really making sense.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've been doing extremes as reaper for the past couple weeks and while there are definitely fewer groups available compared to tank (which is what i was doing at first) its rare that there's NO groups up that you can join. plus, if you're just doing the extremes or normals you can get away with 2 reapers no problem. certainly did that plenty of times. i haven't queued up for savage yet of course but thats probably gonna be a different story and you might have worse luck. but hey, when in doubt just make the group yourself!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

[One Player Per Job] is a red flag

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you can always start your own pf

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The abundance of reapers sucks because my static had a few holes, and we recruited a reaper into one cause I main drg and it was fun. Then I leveled reaper and it ended up being more fun than dragoon. Then that reaper bailed but before I could even say "hey can I play reaper" the replacement we found, also played reaper

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chuckingway Cheesingway's Arcade is the best verison of maps to date

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Charles "Entertainingway" Cheese

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Eimi posted:

If you just do EX 5 times a week you will cap, it gives 90 a run.

As in expert roulette? That's 40 per run.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
The roulette bonus is 40 but the dungeon gives 50 as well.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

OddObserver posted:

You also get tomes for the dungeon itself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OddObserver posted:

You also get them from the dungeon itself.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Charles "Entertainingway" Cheese

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I need to get better with gathering maps. I want that sweet money!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
wow. just had a khumra map drop only 200 crystals. who did i piss off?

edit: and a party member gets 3 lunartender minions on the high low game
just... loving...
time for a break

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 5, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thoughts per Second just got world first on P4S

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

Thoughts per Second just got world first on P4S

What is the JP hardcore raiding scene like, I know I'm filtering it through streams so I haven't heard anything about them, any chance a Japanese server got there first

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is the JP hardcore raiding scene like, I know I'm filtering it through streams so I haven't heard anything about them, any chance a Japanese server got there first

No, because TPS got world first. That implies the JP servers haven't killed it yet.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJ posted:

No, because TPS got world first. That implies the JP servers haven't killed it yet.

I guess what I'm saying is do Westerners keep tabs on what JP guilds are doing that they would know, is there an in-game thing that tells you someone got it at a specific time or is it all self-reporting

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
its self-reported but s-e does monitor the race so theres no way for anyone to lie about it. nor would a jp group clear and not say so, theyre playing by the same informal rules everyone else is.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess what I'm saying is do Westerners keep tabs on what JP guilds are doing that they would know, is there an in-game thing that tells you someone got it at a specific time or is it all self-reporting

It's self reporting.

The JP raiding scene, for the most part, tends to be fairly quiet on things. You'll learn when a group clears because they tweet about it.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They're competitive (I think JP won one of the ShB tiers?) but TPS has been insane recently.

I can't imagine any team winning and not tweeting it, unless they were just completely committed to delivering the most massive regional own they could. Regardless, the official account will confirm the top 3 at some point.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

drat, 2k queue on Famfrit. Holidays over babay

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Maybe a weird question, but at some point the chat window stopped posting my own emote messages. When I check the settings it looks like they're enabled though. Any idea what might have happened there or how to get it back?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Maybe a weird question, but at some point the chat window stopped posting my own emote messages. When I check the settings it looks like they're enabled though. Any idea what might have happened there or how to get it back?

Did you turn off log reports from the Emote window?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Runa posted:

Did you turn off log reports from the Emote window?

Well poo poo it looks like I did. I don't remember that being an option before, and the window was a bit oversized so the box at the bottom was cut off on my screen. Thanks!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Begemot posted:

I can't wait to see the next round of ShB ones, I guess it'll be the first Weapon weapons? I need more options for cool glowy chakrams!

I kind of want Light weapons, personally, though I'm also still holding out hope that they'll eventually come around to making other primal weapons for later jobs. I know they won't but I still would like to see an Inferno gunblade or more things of that nature. Like, they made Shinryu weapons for dancer and gunbreaker, but they didn't do any other primals.

If they make crafted Susano weapons, I hope they're called Resilient Souls' weapons. I would salute that.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

admanb posted:

I think JP won one of the ShB tiers?
A JP group beat E8S first I believe, which was a surprise because they weren't one of the teams expected to get the first kill. I believe they had a Bard and Astro as well which was not seen as optimal.

JP have gotten one of the Ultimates first too; I vaguely remember Sfia (plays Black Mage for TPS) saying something about the fourth Ultimate fight being the tiebreaker because NA, JP, and EU each got the world first for the three ultimates released so far but I may have heard that wrong. TPS got TEA and E12S world first I believe, and now P4S.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

JP got first clear on UCOB IIRC. One of the tanks was DRK and DRK at the time was considered really weak and when asked why he went with DRK thinking that there was some insane pro strat he was working with to make DRK good he just said that it was because he enjoyed playing DRK.