Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The poison at the final level of Hades is complete horseshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

T-Square posted:

The extra unopened package of rolls we got for tenderloin sammiches on Saturday is somehow already moldy so I’m making mashed potato and beef tendy nachos for dinner because I also have a half bag of tortilla chips leftover with nothing to dip them in lol

Okay hear me out.

Get a banh mi for lunch. Ask for extra veggies on the side.

Get your chips, cover them in some kinda mild cheese, toss some leftover meats on top, then toss your leftover banh mi vegetables on top.

Eat 'em, and enjoy.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Leperflesh posted:

literally call the governor and rescue him with emergency vehicles, a helicopter, etc.
call any of the dozens of fabulously wealthy lobbyists and see who can come get you in a snowmobile or something
exercise undue power, subvert the proper channels, be a boss

This is what normal people imagine all people in power do constantly: but it's really only what people like Trump do constantly, and their peers all go "wait I could actually get away with that poo poo? no way" and then are too chicken-poo poo to do. They're not morally opposed, mind you, just too small-minded or fearful. "Congressman receives free bail-out from Corn Lobby on snow day" would make these people (by which I mean, some democratic congressperson) resign in shame, while Trump would just smugly grin and be like "gently caress you I do what I want" and then somehow not magically lose power due to the outraged constituents.

A single guy getting plucked out of a 27 hour traffic jam because he's a Senate special boy would enrage people, literally leaving people in the cold while he's whisked away by a helicopter.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Starting a Divinity: Original Sin 2 run tonight with three other people.

It's dorf battlemage time.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's why you have to kill those SOB's immediately (or have the deflecting dash)

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Total bitch

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1478503538259116033?s=20

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Guze posted:

A single guy getting plucked out of a 27 hour traffic jam because he's a Senate special boy would enrage people, literally leaving people in the cold while he's whisked away by a helicopter.

He should've just gone to Cancun

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Starting a Divinity: Original Sin 2 run tonight with three other people.

It's dorf battlemage time.

Maybe a hot take since it seems crazy popular but I bounced off that game hard, even with a prebuilt character and thinking I understood the basics I couldn’t get anywhere on the first island without absolutely getting my poo poo rocked in combat, and without any actual indications about what I was doing wrong or could change I got pretty mad and dropped it. Like, I used to muscle through OG Baldur’s Gate and whatnot, I like to think I’m okay with unfriendly and confusing systems, but D:OS2 just wasn’t for me.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I bought Scythe on steam because I needed a turn based strategy game to play. I definitely need to figure out the strategy. It took me a little bit to get the basics of play down and I’m still learning after playing through a couple of times. I’m getting beat on easy, so I’ve got a long ways to go.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hopefully you noticed the little fountains that cure the poison

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
loving hell.

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1478479483585933312?s=20

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Thaddius the Large posted:

Maybe a hot take since it seems crazy popular but I bounced off that game hard, even with a prebuilt character and thinking I understood the basics I couldn’t get anywhere on the first island without absolutely getting my poo poo rocked in combat, and without any actual indications about what I was doing wrong or could change I got pretty mad and dropped it. Like, I used to muscle through OG Baldur’s Gate and whatnot, I like to think I’m okay with unfriendly and confusing systems, but D:OS2 just wasn’t for me.

Fortunately we're also going into it with someone who has played before. I'm not going to try to minmax anything and am planning to follow a build guide. Just don't have the time to fiddle with that kind of stuff anymore.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I bought Scythe on steam because I needed a turn based strategy game to play. I definitely need to figure out the strategy. It took me a little bit to get the basics of play down and I’m still learning after playing through a couple of times. I’m getting beat on easy, so I’ve got a long ways to go.

Scythe is great, one of our favorite board games. Only thing is the mechs make it look like combat plays a bigger role than it does, when it's really more engine building (pretty much Stonemaier's MO).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Where's that image of all the major cities putting their sword into the center labeled "our neolib mayor is a piece of poo poo lol" because Seattle's new mayor just dropped this:

https://twitter.com/UrbanistOrg/status/1478452280600924164

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Guze posted:

That's more or less the first half of my point, yes.

It's inconsistent for these people to feel shame and avoid behaving like this when it comes to escaping traffic jams, while simultaneously crushing millions of americans via policy action/inaction. People like Trump are actually more honest, in that they flagrantly don't give a poo poo and take maximal advantage of their power and privileges. The only explanation I can come up with is cowardice. It sure isn't an actual conscience.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Where's that image of all the major cities putting their sword into the center labeled "our neolib mayor is a piece of poo poo lol" because Seattle's new mayor just dropped this:

https://twitter.com/AchmatX/status/1478458045776674822

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

That’s just amazing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s just amazing.

Skwirl posted:

They are specifically going for outrage retweets. The tweeted that exact same thing back in may, which, if you click through, is when the article that links to was published.

The article itself is a fairly levelheaded look at the growing field of artificially produced diamonds.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I took a PCR test three days ago after getting a sore throat and still haven't received my results. I feel fine and nobody else in the house got sick so I figure it wasn't positive, but how is this useful at all?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Leperflesh posted:

That's more or less the first half of my point, yes.

It's inconsistent for these people to feel shame and avoid behaving like this when it comes to escaping traffic jams, while simultaneously crushing millions of americans via policy action/inaction. People like Trump are actually more honest, in that they flagrantly don't give a poo poo and take maximal advantage of their power and privileges. The only explanation I can come up with is cowardice. It sure isn't an actual conscience.

Trump could've gotten away with getting helicoptered out cause it would've may the libs very mad, which is all the hog like maga voters care about. Every bit of shithead trump behavior was OK with them because the libs were owned.

Boring normie Tim Kaine does not have that ability

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

I took a PCR test three days ago after getting a sore throat and still haven't received my results. I feel fine and nobody else in the house got sick so I figure it wasn't positive, but how is this useful at all?

All the PCR testing sites around me are booked until next week, so... lol, lmao

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Low skill workers like cooks :flipoff::milk:

I dare him to do a 4 hour shift in the back of house of a moderately busy restaurant. Not even a full 8.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

We're all loving doomed

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1478506987780513796?s=20

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm getting reports supply chain for grocery stores in some states here are at 40% capacity and that meat and veg will be harder to get in stores over the next month. So glad there's no public land hunting in my state.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

https://twitter.com/KumarsSalehi/status/1478498835777220608

if only cops could shoot the snow, this wouldn't even be happening

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

If only the cops had flame throwers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

The cops won’t shoot snow. Now, black ice…

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New variant called IHU found in France. Excellent.

Why'd they gently caress up the naming convention we had a thing going here

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Joey Freshwater posted:

New variant called IHU found in France. Excellent.

Why'd they gently caress up the naming convention we had a thing going here

Think that one's been around a while, from what I heard.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

I swear I read the same thing about Omicron - that it's been around a while just secluded to one area then blew up recently

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Scythe is great, one of our favorite board games. Only thing is the mechs make it look like combat plays a bigger role than it does, when it's really more engine building (pretty much Stonemaier's MO).

Yea I think that’s part of my problem. I keep building up for battles that don’t happen, or happen really late in the game. Also need to learn the strengths of each faction. It’s just a very different game than I’m used to.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

shirts and skins posted:

It was discovered back in November, so I don’t know why the news is blowing up with it now.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Samadhi posted:

DLINK please hook up a giant TV at your wedding and walk down the aisle to this

lmao, I can just wear my dress blues and convey the same message

Android Apocalypse posted:

D-LINK, are you going to move to :france: or are you cursing your new bride to have to live in :911:

Not sure yet. She's here half of the year for her job (which is how we met), so it isn't an immediate concern. I'm perfectly amenable to France tho, it's a cool place

Bird in a Blender posted:

Each go halfway and live on the Azores.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

We're all loving doomed

I'll say

https://twitter.com/eatinginmycar/status/1478463675279228938

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Heart Attack?

More like a fart attack

:wal: :stat:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And my dumb rear end is over here giving away farts for free

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Freaquency posted:

The south and not knowing how to handle snow, name a more iconic duo:

lol every single time

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

Nuking the snow would melt it quickly and the nuclear blast would also clear traffic from the road. Hmm. :thunk:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Nuking the snow would melt it quickly and the nuclear blast would also clear traffic from the road. Hmm. :thunk:

I hear it might be good for hurricane season too.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol I’m watching Bad Blood on Netflix for some guilty pleasure trash gangster TV and I swear they poached like half of the Letterkenny cast, I’m waiting for Jared Keeso to show up as a steely faced enforcer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Joey Freshwater posted:

And my dumb rear end is over here giving away farts for free

No kidding. I've been fumigating this loving room waiting for my daughter to fall asleep when I could be retiring.