Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

priznat posted:

It's a goofy reference to Metalocalypse :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMv1cWq0PCU&t=20s

I love that the Swedish guy doesn't know the difference between the Danish and the Dutch

lol oh. man i miss that show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

lol oh. man i miss that show

extremely same :sigh:

Doomstar Requiem slaps at least.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm hoping the Metalocalypse movie comes out this year but I haven't heard anything about it since last summer.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm until this week, and you know what? It's extremely funny!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I am going to watch the lovely 2021 ghostsbusting film when I get home from covid corpse stacking

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

mallratcal posted:

I'm hoping the Metalocalypse movie comes out this year but I haven't heard anything about it since last summer.

I don’t believe it will happen so I will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I am going to watch the lovely 2021 ghostsbusting film when I get home from covid corpse stacking

I don’t know if you’re joking but there’s at least one goon who voluntarily stacked covid corpses and it broke their brain.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that seems.. painful

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I finished watching Ghostbusters: It Happened Again a few minutes ago. I really liked the movie until I really didn't.

If I'd gone to see this theatrically I'd have gotten up and walked out of the theatre when the cop asked Tiny Spengler Girl 'who you gonna call?'

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yes please, do not try and watch the film while folding corpses, you won’t know what’s going on.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don’t know if you’re joking but there’s at least one goon who voluntarily stacked covid corpses and it broke their brain.

I'm an EMT and every day is just a constant stream "no it's just the flu" as the ER staff tells me there's no beds until more people die upstairs. Which they do. Like clockwork.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Endless Trash posted:

Yes please, do not try and watch the film while folding corpses, you won’t know what’s going on.

lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It stinks worse than those corpses

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The stuff in the last few minutes makes it worse than 2016 in my eyes. 2016 is like 1 star whereas afterlife gets minus stars

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The stuff in the last few minutes makes it worse than 2016 in my eyes. 2016 is like 1 star whereas afterlife gets minus stars

Stop. You're getting my hopes up.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

PostNouveau posted:

I've never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm until this week, and you know what? It's extremely funny!
More about me than the show but I had trouble watching it when it first came out (I was uncomfortable watching him buck social conventions etc. in a way that occluded the humor for me) and a few years later stumbled on it again and really enjoyed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WzYSl9D7Vc

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

PostNouveau posted:

I think it’s a greater comedic legacy than Seinfeld, by far

CYE and Sunny and South Park are just blessings

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I'm dying

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I think it’s a greater comedic legacy than Seinfeld, by far

I mean, I'm giving Jerry Seinfeld less and less credit the further I go and I'm only through Season 1. Seinfeld even sounds like Larry David a lot of the time, like his whole act was a Larry David impression.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Seinfeld sucks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Seinfeld sucks

Hey now, come on. Let's not say things we can't take back.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My mistake.

Jerry Seinfeld sucks.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Shinjobi posted:

Seinfeld Friends sucks

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

It's pretty good!

Pretty, pretty, pretty...good!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

My mistake.

Jerry Seinfeld sucks.

Ah, well then yes any Seinfeld fan will know that Jerry Seinfeld sucks

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm not a fan of Jerry Seinfeld but he was definitely involved in the creative process of the show as Larry David. I've listened to several interviews with writers from show and they all indicated Jerry was just as involved with the show as Larry David.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I remember when my friends in public school got Really Into Seinfeld and they explained it was actually hilarious but you had to watch every single episode so you picked up on all the little references and character quirks and then I never watched Seinfeld. That's my seinfeld story I hope you all really enjoyed it and hit up that patreon for a list of ten other tv shows that I decided not to watch.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

"The one where someone thinks a F.R.I.E.N.D. is gay even though they aren't, hilarious right???"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tbf they were on a break

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

reignofevil posted:

I remember when my friends in public school…

“Friends in public school”?? Kids in private school only watch Fraiser or something? Or is this a Matin/Seinfeld scenario?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So we decided, well, if we already assassinated the character why not use necromancy ???

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

poisonpill posted:

“Friends in public school”?? Kids in private school only watch Fraiser or something? Or is this a Matin/Seinfeld scenario?

I dunno I didn't go to private school!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I remember when my friends in public school got Really Into Seinfeld and they explained it was actually hilarious but you had to watch every single episode so you picked up on all the little references and character quirks and then I never watched Seinfeld. That's my seinfeld story I hope you all really enjoyed it and hit up that patreon for a list of ten other tv shows that I decided not to watch.

That's a crazy take tbh, even for doofus kids

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

reignofevil posted:

reignofevil: wait why is Kramer bursting through the door?
his friends: oh my god you loving scrub

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A quality lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxXOBlND3kc

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cody’s Marvel satire stuff is pretty fun, I liked the previous vid, haven’t seen this one yet.

Unrelated, watching Willy Wonka (the good one) with a pair of transfixed kids, they love it. Gene Wilder was just so great too, what a great presence.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A solid 15 minutes just focused on what a giant piece of poo poo Eternals was.

Cody is now cancelled for being racist against the openly deaf.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wilder truly was one of a kind. I can't think of any other actor who was both so soft-spoken yet commanding.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rich Evans

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I didn't hate the first 30-40 minutes of Ghostbusters. Movie tanks hard after that though.

Ultimately I think it's going to be really forgettable to me, GB 2016 is going to be more memorable, not necessarily for good reasons though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Mordja posted:

Wilder truly was one of a kind. I can't think of any other actor who was both so soft-spoken yet commanding.

I just realized that Ryan Reynolds kind of does Wilderesque schtick sometimes, I wonder if he does it on purpose or if it is just from a childhood of watching and idolizing Gene.

But yeah there isn’t anyone comparable. It’s wild to think he was the 3rd choice to play the Waco Kid in Blazing Saddles because that’s probably his most iconic role.