Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Barudak posted:

You can poo poo your pants for work???

I will never forget the story because of the part about how they were sitting at the dinner table with their daughter and the wife poo poo her pants and let the husband blame their young kid while she smiled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for yelling at my husband for throwing out all of my diet food?

quote:

I(29F) struggled with weight my entire life, I weighed over 200 when I graduated high school and it went up during college. I did not grow up in the best family life, my parents worked crazy hours and the only food that they could feed my brother and I was junk and fast food. After I graduated from college, I decided to join a gym and eat healthier. I lost most of the weight that I gained throughout the years and plan on keeping it off.

One of my friends suggested a diet plan that provides breakfast, lunch and dinner meals that are portioned sized. There are also snacks and deserts that are provided. The meals come frozen, but once heated up, they are absolutely delicious. The plan is not cheap, but I do feel that a structured diet is best for me. When we go out to eat, I do order a meal that I enjoy. My husband tried one of the dinner meals and found it to be disgusting. He thinks that I am just wasting money on the food and could save money by purchasing meals from the store.

I came home one evening after work and saw all my meals opened in the garbage bin. When my husband came home, I started yelling at him that he should not have thrown away good food. He looks at me and says I did a good thing for you, now you can start eating regular non processed foods. He thinks I should not have reacted the way I did, and he was only trying to help save me money.

In comments:

quote:

He has asked me to cancel my gym membership, which I never did. He also has ordered food for me when we go out.

quote:

When we first met, he was an amazing person. I was still working on loosing weight when we got engaged. His behavior changed when I switched to the diet plan.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Upgrade posted:

Does anyone have the post from the husband whose wife started making GBS threads her pants for fun?

Jest reminded me of the goon that was incredulous about people being able to hold in their farts.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Wall of text that may be revenge fantasy but still thought it was satisfying enough to share...

Need Advice on Dissappearing from His Life

16 days ago posted:

TL,DR: My boyfriend has been cheating on me with his ex. I cannot forgive him. I’ve been the breadwinner and helped him towards building his business, paid for his expenses and was abandoned and cheated when I got really sick in return. He hates my rescue cats because he got into his head that he wanted to move his family (mother/siblings) in but never brought this up before.

Throwaway account. I (F36) have dated Nick (M37) for 3 years. I wasn't perfect but my perception is that we have had an overall positive relationship until a year ago when I caught him cheating. I’m financially independent and have been a careful planner in terms of my finances. I’ll be completely debt free on January ‘22. I had a hard time forgiving him, but he did everything to regain my trust and we had a somewhat smooth run for about 8 months.

He asked me to help him start a business, which I did in part. I wrote the plan according to his idea, coached him through getting his permits and all other steps. He didn’t follow thru. First it was that he “didn’t have time”, then it was that he was anxious because getting it off the ground wouldn’t be immediate. So in other words, I created a business for him where I would be his main client. This sounded like a happy medium since he wanted me to appoint him as my partner and that’s unthinkable.

For background, I went to college and while being an average student, I did work hard later on when I found my first job to make up for not having an excellent academic record. I earned certificates and invested in my education however I could to improve my chances. It paid off. I’ve been self employed since I was 28. When I met Nick, he told me he owned a small agency but was about to get a government job since the economy wasn’t helping. I was perfectly okay with that. Things were going well until I found out that he was seeing his ex. This was a huge blow for me because I didn’t know what I did for him to do this. I did everything in my power to be supportive and to be a reliable SO. I did my best to look nice for him, and I was contributing to the household (I paid half of everything, and it was my place). We had a long crisis until I chose to forgive and let go. During this new “honeymoon phase”, he got a better job, treated me with love and was very attentive to my feelings.

I began to see red flags early this past October. He suddenly wanted me to be hands off from his startup, didn’t want to go out and lost interest in sex. He became grouchy and rude. It was all about him and his needs.

He’d lost his job last year due to covid. We moved to a house I leased in January. I love the house but it created friction between us. I’m an animal lover. My landlord doesn’t interfere with my pet related activities as long as I can keep the place clean. I built a catio for my 10+ cats that I’ve rescued. It’s an indoor space with controlled temperature and all their supplies are available to them 24/7. This was my dream. I wanted to help those kitties stay off the street since I’ve been feeding them for years. Also, they have all their shots. One of them had CKD but bounced back. Nick knew this from the start. The house is clean, no pet smells thanks to the automatic cat litter boxes. He resented the cats because he “wanted” his family to move in. The answer was no. We never discussed this. He went as far as to ask me to get rid of the cats and suggested I put them up for adoption. The cats were not his expense. He hasn’t worked a steady job in months while I’ve helped him fund his “business meetings” because I didn’t want to kill his dream. He does contribute but significantly less.

I cannot live with his family. They are choosing beggars and moochers. The pattern is that his siblings and himself break off their relationships as soon as babies are born. I realized this too late. Nick says his ex “went crazy” after she gave birth. His brother tricked his ex into moving with her parents while he found a home for them and the baby. He never found a house, but knocked her up a second time so her parents banned him from stepping into their home. The youngest brother high tailed his wife when she had her second baby. All his siblings and his mom live together. His reason for wanting them to move in was that we had 3 spare bedrooms plus a very large family room and that it would be great if they SAVED ON RENT. So, I guess there was no intention to contribute.

Long story short, I got really sick by the end of october. I never got so much as a kind gesture from him. I cried due to body aches and he just stayed away. His excuse is that I could be contagious (it wasn’t covid). He never asked me if he could get me anything to eat and hardly ever came to check on me. I spent a lonely Thanksgiving while still recovering because he left to be with his family. My loved ones aren’t near because I left everything for him. At some point, we talked about marriage.

I recently found out he is back with his side chick. I was gonna hire a P.I. but it’s not worth it. I already know what I need to know. I got ahold of his phone and found about 3 weeks worth of texts. They are definitely having sex. I’ve held this inside of me because at first I was in too much pain to confront him. I don’t wish it on anybody. We are hardly on speaking terms and he hasn’t even bothered to ask me what’s wrong.

I didn’t find anything on his “girlfriend’s” social media (Laura). I did find more than I needed to know from her mother’s profile. He has been active in their lives since at least last summer and has been lying to me. This hits close to home. While he’s been lying to me about going to job interviews without any luck, I’ve been partially financing his lifestyle.

He has a so-called business trip to the BVI. I no longer think there is business involved. Or, he may be combining business with something else. I don’t know if this is a fake business conference or what and I don’t wanna know. I did see Laura’s mother’s social media and she vaguely mentions a trip abroad.

I’m leaving him first because of the pain he’s causing me and second because he’s a liar. I need advice to see if there’s anything I’m leaving out from my to do list as I’ll be disconnecting from him. I’m not granting him the luxury of knowing that I’m pulling the rug in advance. I already talked to the landlord as I’ll be leaving the house slightly earlier. I’ll be using Nick’s trip to uproot myself.

I already hired a company that specializes in pet transport since I’m concerned about flying pets in cargo. I have all their health certificates in order so they will be coming to pick my kittens up by 9 AM. Nick’s flight leaves much earlier so he needs to be out by 6AM. I’m moving closer to my family and I’ve already made arrangements to board my pets until a new catio is built for them. My sister will take care of it. I will be living on my own property.

I’ve arranged for the movers to come the same day in the afternoon. That way I'll have time to pack and separate my stuff from his. I’ll have all his personal items shipped to his mother’s house because I don’t want any personal interaction.

All business efforts have been canceled. I’ve made sue he gets no access to my clients and deleted the business plan, etc.

I need to change all my passwords and all the pins on all my cards and the Visa I’ve allowed him to use for emergencies because he might be able to draw from it. I also need to drain the bank account I let him use for business expenses and close it. I think it’s best if I do it while he’s flying to keep him from using them.

IDK if I’m leaving anything out. I will leave immediately to avoid any surprises (his family coming to confront me, etc). He can now move in with his GF if he wants. I think she lives with her parents, but he will no longer be my problem. Any suggestions? I’d hate to leave any loose ends.

Update 1

9 days ago posted:

TD,DR: I moved out and made it safely. I’m still groggy and tired from it all, so please excuse any involuntary typos. Everyone has been so nice that I thought an update would be in order instead of keeping concerned redditors waiting.

First of all, thanks to all of you who took the time to send me your good wishes and pieces of advice. You’ve been really helpful. I take your good faith to heart. I created a checklist with all your suggestions to make sure that I made a clean exit (or as clean as possible). The pet transport service was on time. I’m glad that my cats made it safely. My sister was very helpful and took care of the new catio which will be the entire middle bedroom. It’s very spacious (bigger than my old catio) and they will be happy there. I’m not too crazy about outdoor catios because I love keeping them indoors. They can enjoy “sightseeing” from the windows.

Nick seemed to be in a hurry to leave. I thought he might leave by 6 AM but he left before 5. I spent the night (or most of it) canceling services he wouldn’t notice and keeping things in order. I’m glad I never gave up my home office. He wanted me to give it up so that we could use the room to accommodate his family. He already had the mental picture that I should do it plus give up my cats so that the catio would become an additional bedroom. I find the home office really useful as I need to have a separate mental space. This is how I close my work day, log off and avoid constantly checking work on the computer. I could never do that if I kept my office space where I sleep. I locked myself all night to “work” on removing any link to him. Still painful but my resentment is helping me despise him even more.

After he left, I was able to separate his belongings from mine until the pet transport came in. I was nervous (thinking that he might suddenly show up) but thankfully, it didn’t happen. I stopped by to donate his business suits on my way to the bank. A scumbag doesn’t need nice suits. I don’t know why I let him talk me into getting him nice clothes “to look presentable” at work meetings. He never completed anything, not even after business meetings.

I also donated all our unopened food. I hate throwing away food. I got a list of documents the bank required to close/drain accounts so I’m glad the teller was helpful. I took advice from redditors and went to a different branch to avoid familiarities between Nick and bank workers. I locked my credit, reported all cards as stolen including his emergency Visa, the ATM he used for occasional business expenses and removed him from all my rewards systems (pharmacy, supermarket, etc.). I changed my phone number a bit later so there’s no way he can use them. The main reason for me to keep my old number for a short while was to avoid being disconnected should his family call. If they called, I would be warned that something was up. Mainly, I tried to use his 8 hours of air travel to disable all financial ties to avoid confrontation.

The movers took a little longer because some furniture needed disassembling. I gave them all his tools and workbench that I gifted Nick. They also helped me take down the catio.

I had the landlord keep the bed as I’m repulsed. All his belongings were documented and shipped to his mother. I was told It could take a day or two. The landlord already got the keys. I left ASAP after cleaning up because I was nervous he would call his family (in case he tried to use the cards) and they would show up to my place. I donated most of my clothing (same place where I left Nick’s suits) to avoid triggering memories. I don’t need all that stuff. I’m not a fancy dresser so whatever replacements I get won’t be expensive. I took all the electronics I bought for him (game console, tablet, desk top). The latter were my efforts to help him build an office. More on the tablet below.

I left for a B & B about 4 hours away to make sure I didn't run into his family. I’m still tired and mentally exhausted, but I’m satisfied that I did it before Nick landed in the BVI, tried to use the cards, found out, sent someone since he was blocked from my phone, etc.

I kept finding things that made me feel even more stupid but what's done is done. I opened his external memory to delete any of the files that I created and found an e-business card with his ex’s (now side chick) name as “Chief Marketing Director'' for the company I created for him. This is beyond dishonesty. And please, marketing director my rear end. They are living in a dream. I was told in my previous post to expose him to her but she knows about me. Her texts were sometimes insistent on him making a choice and sometimes very passive about understanding he needed time. Her mother and sister both did a FB check- in at a BVI airport, so this is definitely not a business trip. Let them cover for his expenses now. I don’t think her mother likes Nick because their texts make reference to some parental interference from her mom.

I’m sure Nick’s poo poo show will begin when he tries to get into our place. Maybe the owner already changed the locks by then. If not, he must already know as his stuff was shipped.

I will take advice and go to therapy because my levels of anxiety are over the top.

About his tablet: I logged on to it and found it logged on to his email accounts and texting. It was both cathartic and awful. I found out he’d been fired from his government job. It’s not that he “lost his job”. He loving got fired, lied to me about getting a new job and then lied about not getting paid. From what I gathered, he spent days walking around the mall and IDK for what purpose. She constantly asked him if he was at XYZ shop. Sometimes he sent her pics of his breakfast (at the mall).

I started that relationship fair and square. He was single. At least I’m glad I was never a side piece. His breakup with her is confirmed by the messages. She’s very young (F25), has a job and comes from a tight knit family from what it looks like on her mother’s FB page. Their messages also let me know what a low life he is. He wanted her to actively market his (non existent) business and WHEN she succeeded, then he would be comfortable about leaving me. He told her he would have left me earlier but she needed to understand that would “affect” him and she needed to understand that. She replied with desperate messages that she was looking for a better job. Sometimes she was docile and didn’t push him.

Nick showed up one day with a rolling case bag full of documents. He said we could use it to call in clients. I was excited until he said it was from his ex’s office, that those files were meant to be discarded so he will use them. That was among the first red flags that I got when I found out they were back together. I refused, 1) because those are confidential client files and it’s illegal 2) because I wanted nothing to do with her. So, in other words, her boss entrusted her to dispose of them and she turned them over to Nick. I had lawyered up about this some time ago. Initially, I wasn’t gonna do anything but after reading her unkind messages when I was sick, I decided to turn the files over to her boss via my lawyer. No further action will be taken on my side, but aside from screwing her up, I need to make it clear that I never used/took advantage of those files, just in case she and Nick get in trouble somewhere along the way.

I’m safe and happy to be so near my family, but I’m mentally drained. I feel dirty and disposable. His family knew. His friends knew. She knew I existed and said I was playing sick to get pity. She texted that I wasn’t helping more financially because I’m greedy. His replies reinforced this. His empty goals played a part here. He’s been promising her that he will “make it big” and talks too much poo poo about an industry he hardly knows. All he had were my good faith and knowledge. He never nurtured his own network because he gets mad when he's told “no” but does nothing to be worthy of people’s time. I will NEVER help a man build himself, EVER.

I need to refocus and rebuild my life. I want to help my sister. Maybe I’ll take chunks of Nick’s so- called business and develop it for her, if she agrees. I need to lose my feeling of being invalidated. It helps that I left a poo poo show behind for them to deal with. Let Nick move in with his sharp tongue sister and her unruly kids that she allows to climb on the wall if they could. Let him find out how the website has been taken down. He asked me to back him up to occasionally pay for the business dinners. I wonder if he tried to be a hero and tried to slide the card for his side chick's family’s meals. I will never know.

I hope he “enjoys” living with his little brother and his baby mama drama from an ex who is now successful and wastes no time dragging him down. I’d love to see the “situation” when his other brother gets yelled at and taken to court by his ex (this is basically a yearly eve

Update 2

Today posted:

TL, DR: I’m relatively fine after my disastrous break up. I heard he found out and lost his poo poo. My ex tried to get my former landlord to open the door of our old place for him after I sent all his belongings to his mother’s home. He lied to the landlord and said his key was broken. Then he made up several stories to get him to open the door. The landlord almost called the police because he wouldn’t leave, and his sister got feisty. It seems like he got attached to the place and can’t process that it’s no longer his home. His AP may have broken up with him already.

Thanks for your kind replies and messages. My update is kind of fragmented as it’s not firsthand knowledge. I spent New Year's Eve with my family. It was both weird and a relief. It was so nice I almost felt out of place since Nick's family is kind of difficult in terms of keeping their relationships together. Their holiday gatherings tend to bring a lot of tension.

So my New Year's Eve was simple. I went to visit family and got to enjoy the gathering with old friends we've known for years. We took all the precautions ( Covid), vaccine shots, etc. I liked the feeling of just being a regular person and not having to be guarded against getting on MIL's or SIL's bad side or feeling that my SO isn't making an effort to compensate for me being away from my family.

My sister agreed to allow me to help her set up a new business. I’ll be coaching her. She won’t have to go crazy looking for clients as I’ll outsource some tasks to her. I’ll be helping her get new clients once she fully learns and masters her new trade. Also, this will surely allow her to practice while gaining credibility. She’s a hard worker and she already enrolled in courses so that she can gain some expertise. My sister is a patient learner who writes everything down. I love it because it encourages me to keep it up.

I had a chance to get to know my teenage nieces and nephews a little better (they grew fast while I was away) and to actively participate in helping the family pets stay in a room where they would be safe during the fireworks madness. I rolled the storm stoppers at home before I left so hopefully it helped with sound insulation.

I left my family’s home early the next morning and spent the whole day in my pajamas watching comedy shows. Honestly, lounger wear is the best way to ease my malady. I need the lighthearted stuff right now. I got lots of sushi and pizza I treated myself to. I’m still recovering from my illness, and I think the long trip took a toll because I’m fatigued. It could also be mental exhaustion. Well, my only option now is to get better.

So, about Nick. The poo poo hit the fan at least twice. I got an update from my landlord. My lawyer suggested I give my old landlord my new number to keep communication open should he need anything or need any post move adjustments. I left owing him no money, the catio and everything else were taken down but it's best to keep communication open to avoid misunderstandings. Everything was clear between me and Andy (Landlord). He just called to verify that I didn’t give Nick any instructions towards asking him for anything. First, he showed up asking for assistance unlocking the door because “his key was broken” (lying). The landlord refused, but when he came back, this time with his mother and sister, the landlord called me as Nick claimed that I “said” I’d left some of his stuff with Andy. This makes no sense. I confirmed this is a lie.

Nick wanted Andy to open the door for him, but Andy declined. Andy mentioned things that he just can’t make up. He said Nick told him that he’s a businessman, and a respectable person, and that he’s a victim because I’m trying to take him down because I know he can succeed. This sounds so familiar. Back when we were together, he used to blame unknown enemies for his setbacks. When I say unknown, just think about “the man”. That poo poo started when I called him out for not putting enough effort on his goals. Oh, and he said this is happening because “he broke up with me” and I couldn’t handle it. Also, he tried to talk Andy into letting him stay for the remainder of the lease (to extinguish the time frame until next rent) but obviously, the answer was no. Also, even if he got in, all utilities have been canceled. His sister suggested Nick bring a bed or something to use up the remaining weeks of the lease, but this is a no go since the lease was only on my name. This originated an exchange between her and the landlord. Nick and his family insisted on lurking around after being asked to leave. He says Nick and his mother made it really hard to get rid of and that his sister sat on the stairs and was defiant. I can’t recall what her reply was when Andy told her that sitting on the staircase wasn’t allowed, but it was enough to piss Andy off. Nick was hell bent on convincing him that he needed to let him in to retrieve his business files and info. Nothing else happened at this point after they were told the police would be called on them.

So Nick and his family went outside and remained in the parking lot. Andy told me Nick looked flushed and unhinged and was talking really fast. Oh, and he demonized me the whole time. Andy and I had excellent landlord/tenant rapport, so I was kind of embarrassed when he told me Nick tried to put himself at Andy’s professional level and kind of tried to remove boundaries. I know this is on Nick, but it reflects on me also because I was with HIM. That’s all I know from Andy’s side, so sorry if this doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I called my lawyer. It was all covered before I left but I got confirmation that a successful lawsuit is another long shot since Nick only used his mother's address as his official dwelling place. He even used it in for his legal battle with his ex-wife. I know this for a fact. My sister sent me screenshots from his AP's mom's profile. Nick’s sister and AP's sister have been at a crossfire over their siblings. I don’t know AP’s sister’s personality, but I know my former SIL is very prone to getting involved. There are lots of cryptic hostile posts.

On his sister's side, it’s all hatred against her own ex, and lots of venom against " people who will claim to love you but won't hesitate to attempt to destroy you" " never trust someone who claims they will help you but will leave you with nothing" . She also makes reference to “little women who get infatuated with men and dump them after they are finally available”, “beware of women who behave like groupies, they don’t love you, they won’t stick with you”, “you will learn who really loves you when you have nothing but yourself to offer”. Also, she got lots of quotes with Nick being tagged about " family being there for you" , " tomorrow will look better". That’s totally them and the dynamics of their family from hell. They love to hurt people but act like victims and are too sensitive to take responsibility.

Okay so the AP’s mother has gone crazy in the last 6 days or so. They did celebrate New Year’s Eve and Nick's face is nowhere to be seen. All of her siblings are shown with their SOs, and she is not shown with him. Also, all pics showing Nick from the Caribbean family vacation seem to have been deleted. I noticed she wasn’t tagged in her employer's Xmas post. I'm familiar with that company's style (I’ll admit I went crazy checking their profile when I first found out about their affair the first time around) and they love to tag their employees (it's a small company). She was tagged for Thanksgiving and all the previous e-Greeting posts from every Holiday in 2021. So, they include all their employees in these posts, and she hasn't been included. Not on the Xmas post. Not on the New Year's Eve post. Not on the New Year's Day post. They posted about three entries in between and she wasn't tagged. Her profile is active, but she's just not being included.

Her sister who lives abroad posted a picture of all the siblings and she definitely hates Nick. Nick's AP replied with a nice sentence about family and the sister told her that she's amazing and that she is sure "God will have great things in storage for you next year. Remember when a door closes thousands will open and whomever should not be in your life will be removed no matter how painful it gets”. Also, she posts a lot about freeloaders. I don’t like AP, but I feel that somehow, she’s getting scapegoated by his family.

I'm not sure what happened or exactly what went down. They are definitely not together, and she seems to no longer be working at that firm. Her mother seems to be reeling and has been writing a lot about parasitic men, losers seeking someone to latch on to and “mothers are always right”.

TBH, I don’t think their breakup (if so) has to do with me canceling his chances at using me. The vibe I’m getting is that maybe he tried to squeeze more than was acceptable from AP in front of her family. Or I could be wrong. Maybe hell did break loose during their trip, and he took it out on her but knowing him, he wouldn’t get hostile towards the person whom he depended on specially during a trip abroad. Nick is very manipulative and, in my experience, he tends to behave very sweetly when he needs/wants something.

So, once again, thanks for all the good wishes and kindness. I’m throwing myself into work, my own healing and I’m trying to have as much fun as possible. I’m avoiding all types of romcoms that include sexy scenes because it turns my stomach. It reminds me of his cheating.

I’m not an expert about AP’s mom, but I think that lady will take him down. Their emails that I read showed he was resentful of his AP’s mom for “not wanting him in her family”. He told me once (very early in our relationship) that he used to know her, and it was cordial until he started dating her daughter, so she soured on him and was “responsible” for him losing several career opportunities. Honestly, I would translate this as her pulling the rug after she found out he’s a user. His version was very contradictory. At one point he said he and AP’s mom used to be very close because she helped him a lot. Other times he said he never loved AP. Zero credibility.

I hope everyone on here gets a very good 2022!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

In comments:

He will never jeopardize his BBW

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
AITA for banning my mom from my house after she stole my wedding dress?

quote:

My mom has a tendency to be very reactive. she is also extremely superstitious and sentimental. I am not.

I am currently planning a wedding and we are both broke students, so it is pretty low budget. My MIL asked if I wanted her wedding dress. She got married in 2019 and it lasted nine months. I'd refer to the wedding as some type of internal crisis where she believed she had to be married by 40, and was trying to make another man jealous. She cried the morning of the wedding, and kissed her boss on the lips in front of the groom. She is now very bitterly divorced, but happily living with her boss.

MIL offered me the dress, and hey it's a beautiful dress. We are the same size and it is from a bridal boutique I could never afford. I'm happy and not at all worried about her failed marriage. my mom told me she thought it was a horrible idea and the dress would bring bad energy. I said I'm not into that stuff and I'm going to wear it. She called me spoiled and materialistic, and cited that MIL doesn't even like me (MIL doesn't really like anyone but her boss, but I'd say she likes me well enough) and that MIL disapproves of the wedding (she thinks we are too young, but she isn't that invested) I told my mom that I get where she is coming from, but I am wearing it.

Well my mom came over recently and she loving stole the dress. I called her and confronted her, and she said that she is disappointed that I am shallow and want to wear a dress from an adulteress with a failed marriage. I told her she had 2 hours to return it or I was calling the cops. She did return it intact, but I said she is banned from my house forever.

My mom did apologize and she cried. she feels like since the dress is ok I am being too harsh. She cited that if I have kids it wouldn't be fair to keep her banned, and said I should understand that this is hard for her and when your kids grow up there are always "growing pains"

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

limp_cheese posted:

It might be the same story where a guy pissed the bed while drunk and his girlfriend was over but he was so embarrassed he explained it away as him having a piss fetish. Turned out she had one too and loved it. I remember him mentioning how when he told her she smiled, squatted over him, and just let loose. It ended with him :shrug: saying "I guess I have a piss fetish now."

That's not the zoo one, but does anyone have a link to the above story because that sounds hilarious.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013
AITA for kicking my husband out of my children's father's funeral because of what he told the kids?

Some very good remarks in the comments. The kids don't want to be around stepfather and Mom has been letting this crap go on for far too long so they don't
much like her either.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Hughlander posted:

Wall of text that may be revenge fantasy but still thought it was satisfying enough to share...

Need Advice on Dissappearing from His Life

Update 1

Update 2

None of this is real but this owns

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
See what happens is the husband tries to satisfy his wife’s scat fetish by making GBS threads on her in the tub, freaks out when she attempts to eat it, and then they all go to the zoo.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Lol yeah that one was great, it inspired the title the thread had when I started reading it and getting to that story was so satisfying

As satisfying as taking a piss in a nice warm tub...

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

piss tub divorce machine was a hall of fame thread title

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

In comments:

He's a feeder. Get out while you can.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Can someone please repost piss tub divorce machine?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
We have a loopy cousin and in the 70's she married swamp trash against all advice (people were telling this guy off to his face at the wedding) and the guy brought his mother with them in the car on their honeymoon and the first night, him and the mother stole the Buick, lol. Crazy aunt Helen.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for not giving up my train seat?

quote:

I had an incident on the train last week and it's been bothering me since it happened. I'm wondering whether or not I was the rear end in a top hat. My family are split and the whole situation was upsetting and left me pretty shaken.

I was traveling down to visit my Uncle for new year who has been struggling with cancer and couldn't spend time with the whole family during Christmas. I had to take the train with my two kids (ages 4 and 7) and it was a pretty last minute booking as we weren't sure if me and the kids were going to be able to go.

It was about a 7 hour trip all around with about 4 of that on the train, and my kids were really tired and everything was a bit overwhelming so I didn't see a problem with sitting in the seats marked as reserved whilst the train was still pretty empty.

The journey was quiet. We got to have a bit of rest and have a few drinks and some food which the kids appreciated since it was such a long day for them. When people came on looking for their seats I stayed quiet and hoped their seats weren't ours. A man walked up and down the train a few times before starting to ask people if they could move (so he could see the numbers on the headrests), which I thought was pretty rude when he could easily have just sat in another seat for now (the train wasn't that full)

Anyway it turned out that my daughter was sitting in the seat this guy had reserved and when he aggressively said to her that she was in his seat she kind of looked a bit startled and looked to me. I had been watching this guy be rude to other passengers and I was pretty angry that he'd speak to my daughter the same way, rather than look to me and ask politely. She's seven and is obviously with me. I told her to stay where she was as there weren't any other seats she could move to that were next to me and suggested he sit somewhere else as there were more than a few seats dotted around.

He goes off muttering and I assumed he was going to sit down but he came back a few minutes later with a member of staff and was shouting at this point how we had stolen his seats that he'd paid money for and we weren't even supposed to be on the train. The woman checked our tickets and I explained to her that we were just tired and didn't think it would have been a problem to sit in the seats whilst the train wasn't full. To his fury the woman told us not to worry and also suggested that he sit elsewhere.

He started shouting about how we had stolen his seat and children weren't above the law. Long story short he was told that he needed to get off the train at the next stop as he wasn't welcome on the service. At this point both of my kids were pretty shaken and I regretted the whole journey but wasn't sure what I could even do at this point.

Was I the rear end in a top hat here for creating this situation, part of me thinks this man was just crazy and was going to cause an argument with somebody even if it wasn't us but I'm not sure?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

Can someone please repost piss tub divorce machine?

Link to original piss tub divorce machine post, + text

My (25f) husband and two friends (all 25) peed in the hot-tub when I was sitting in it with them last night. I feel so disrespected and grossed out but he keeps saying "you're making WAY too big a deal of this."

quote:

Last night we did a small friendsgiving at my husbands parent's house who are out of town. It was mainly centered around his boyhood social circle, most of whom still have family that live in the neighborhood.

After we got done eating, a few of us decided that it would be nice to relax in the hot-tub and look at the lights of the city. We had been in maybe 5 minutes and my husband said "everyone ready?" his two friends gave a thumbs up and the in succession they each said "done." My husbands friend Sachim said done last and they all started laughing and the other two said "ok, we'll buy the next round." It was an obvious inside joke so I asked what they meant and they started laughing and explained the "hot tub pee game" that they had been playing since they were like 5 years old. I wanted to throw up and asked if they serioulsy all just peed in the hot tub. My husband said yes and it's no big deal. I was disgusted so I got out took an hour long shower and went to sleep in his sisters old bedroom and decided I didn't want to talk to him until today.

Today I feel like I've calmly approached him and tried to explain how dirty he made me feel, how unsanitary it was and how, while I appreciate that he has these long running rituals with his friends, he needs to stop the ones that would make him laugh in middle school and for certain leave me out of them.

All he keeps telling me is "relax, you are making WAYYYYY to big a deal of this."

I am sick of hearing him make excuses for this disgusting and childish behavior. How do I approach him to make him appreciate I need him to never do this again?

(update) I posted the other day about my husband and his friends peeing in the hot-tub while I was in it with them. TLDR: we are getting a divorce.

quote:

I posted about this on Friday morning. We spend all day Friday fighting about how not only was it disrespectful but that he refused to even acknowledge my issues with literally being pee'd on.

Around 10pm I told him that if he said "you're making way to big a deal of this" one more time, I was going to file for divorce. He said it almost like he was daring me.

TL:DR: My mom and I are going to talk to an attorney today. My dad is a partner in his accounting firm and he thinks that since we are young and don't really have much, the divorce should be very quick and simple. My STBX husband has tried to called god knows how many times to apologize and saying he gets it now but it's way too late for that. It was too late for that when he and his friends did the initial act. I have more self respect than that.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my cousin my salary when he asked?

lol at telling someone they don’t deserve their salary

It’s capitalism - It’s not about what you “deserve”.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Your paycheck is not your worth as a person. A concept boomers have not been able to wrap their heads around.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Metis of the Hallways posted:

My (25f) husband and two friends (all 25) peed in the hot-tub when I was sitting in it with them last night. I feel so disrespected and grossed out but he keeps saying "you're making WAY too big a deal of this."

(update) I posted the other day about my husband and his friends peeing in the hot-tub while I was in it with them. TLDR: we are getting a divorce.

Lol, and lmao again. Thanks

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Metis of the Hallways posted:

i missed this the first time around

quote:

Around 10pm I told him that if he said "you're making way to big a deal of this" one more time, I was going to file for divorce. He said it almost like he was daring me.

absolutely amazing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for banning my sister from staying with me if she is going to be pretentious?

quote:

For Christmas this year my sister asked if she (31) could stay in my (27) house instead of with our parents. So I saw her more than I have in a while, and she hasn't visited home since a few years because Covid

She's always had issues with our parents that none of the other kids have. She's just kind of outspoken and we know to prepare for that when she comes. As an example she will tell my parents something they said was "racist" and tell them to stop or rephrase even when she's staying in their own house and it stops the conversation and can be so awkward if non family is there.

Our parents can be kind of annoying and ignorant but me and our other sisters who live near them year round just kind of know when to pick our battles and let things go to avoid fights. Whereas she is known for starting fights constantly over small comments. Our ideal holidays are just to get along and not try to change or fight with people in their 60s because they are who they are at this point. But her and I have always gotten along well so I was glad to have her stay with me and my husband

Anyway this visit was weird. She is studying therapy of some kind at school (still at 31) and it totally changed her. She still starts fights but now in this pretentious way by asking questions and being overly calm in a condescending way. One example is when our parents were talking about the new neighbours she was like "Why do you whisper when you talk about the neighbours Pride decorations? Do you feel like it's a secret? How come?" And it's even somehow more awkward and annoying then when she used to just call people assholes because she's obviously getting at the same point

It honestly is exhausting and most of us feel like we can't have a comfortable conversation near her without her coming in with her "wisdom" and telling us what to say or how to act. I was glad when she left

I sent a text and said next time she visits I'd rather she didn't stay with me again if she's going to act so pretentious that I don't feel comfortable in my own home where she's a guest. And that she needs to learn to let stuff go and have a good time because we only see each other rarely as it is

She doesn't seem too bothered by my messages and just said "Fair enough! I can make other plans next time thanks for letting me know" which is also pretentious because she's always trying to act better than us like that without actually fixing her behaviour in literally any way

Why I might be an AH is another sister told my parents what I said and they were upset in that it might make her not visit. So they're mad that I'm "starting drama" with the drama queen and everyone now feels uncomfortable because they don't know how she's going to react but that blame is being put on me. Was it really so rude? I feel like it's normal to be able to tell your sibling when they annoy you

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for banning my sister from staying with me if she is going to be pretentious?

oh my god

quote:

And we are all white so I don't know why she would take up a "big deal" cause about racism or something. But I guess we could just care about different things.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OH MY GOD

quote:

I guess it could be? Anything personal to her about being gay happened a long time ago when she was a teenager or early twenties so I don't know if it would still be a big deal to her anymore. And she has a boyfriend now.

SHE'S BISEXUAL gently caress YOOOOOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

vdarknight posted:

Fair enough.
I'll say show me a man who's scared of crying in public and I'll show you a coward.
I don't give a drat if you're bothered by my crying about losing my companion. Who the gently caress are you, that I should care what you think?

It is baffling that the whole masculine thing is don't be scared or have feelings - if you do, then we'll try and make you cry and have feelings. Surely logic would apply at some point.

Tho' I will admit that me being large and apparently scary does me a lot of protection value - people generally don't criticise the big bastards. I'll also state that if I saw someone bigger than me crying - I ain't going near that. Let them do what they need to - they must need to do so.

It's very odd that men can't be allowed to be human, and we know it isn't healthy. But social norms, eh? Pity we can't see the ramifications..

Don't be silly, men are allowed to have feelings. Anger. Rage. Irritation. Indignation. Hella emotional.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

god imagine having to be in a room with that family for dinner or something, I think I would literally die of exhaustion

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Surprisingly Reddit agrees that OP is the rear end in a top hat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zil posted:

Surprisingly Reddit agrees that OP is the rear end in a top hat.

Why is that surprising? AITA and this thread are almost always on the same page if you go look up the story back there. I can't remember the last time their consensus was really buck wild or opposite the one here.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Facebook Aunt posted:

Don't be silly, men are allowed to have feelings. Anger. Rage. Irritation. Indignation. Hella emotional.

Homophobia is the fear that a straight man has when he realizes a gay man might treat him the way he treats women.

In terms of crying, and this might just be one historian's take, but I remember reading on a sociological site that tears were probably a huge evolutionary help for early humans. Imagine there's a group of you somewhere, and one of you is attacked and has fallen, and you need to show the others that you're in pain, but you can't make a lot of sounds because it would attract more predators. So you need to have a physical way to show you are hurting without drawing more attention to yourself. Interiors would be a good, and much more quiet way is supposed to screaming to show the others in your group that you need assistance, or that you're injured badly.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Cowslips Warren posted:

Homophobia is the fear that a straight man has when he realizes a gay man might treat him the way he treats women.

I dunno if this is a commonly held opinion or idea or what but wow, I've never heard that before and it's so simple and perfect.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for not making my daughter change her outfit before school?

quote:

This morning my daughter (12/F) dressed for school in an objectively hideous outfit- clashing patterns and colors, she legitimately looked like a clown. Usually I don’t say anything about her choice of clothing unless her skirt is too short or whatever, but this outfit looked so bad that I suggested she should change into something different or else she was going to get teased.

My daughter said, and I quote, “I’m a big girl, I can handle my own business.” I didn’t appreciate the attitude but I didn’t think it was worth an argument, so I let her go to school without changing.

She got home tonight and was in an obviously bad mood, and was wearing a different sweater that I think she borrowed from a friend. I asked her if anyone made fun of how she was dressed and she annoyedly/sarcastically told me, “Yeah, everyone was really mean. [Friend] said I looked like an idiot and everyone kept making fun of me.”

I said, “Aww, that sucks. I’m sorry, sweetie.”

She said, “You should be sorry, it’s half your fault! Why didn’t you make me change?”

I said, “Because I thought you could handle your own business, remember?”

She went in her room and slammed the door, hasn’t talked to me since.

So AITA for letting her wear what she wore? She is still a kid, and I absolutely knew when I saw her clothing that she was going to get laughed at by her peers.

My husband thinks the whole thing is really funny and is telling me not to worry about it, but I’m feeling a little guilty because it sounds like a lot of people made fun of our daughter.
This person is parenting right.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for not making my daughter change her outfit before school?

This person is parenting right.

Sometimes you just have to learn through bitter experience.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

You let your kid gently caress up in small ways so that they know that when they gently caress up in big ways, you're there.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Upgrade posted:

Does anyone have the post from the husband whose wife started making GBS threads her pants for fun?

Do you remember anything else about this post? Sounds great.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AITA for being upset my spouse accused me of not being able to wipe my rear end?

quote:

My [26f] spouse [29m] accused me of not knowing when I had literal poo poo sitting in my crack and it is upsetting me. He thinks I am overreacting.

Story: I used the bathroom this evening to discover a smooshed turd was stuck to the back of my upper leg. I panic, trying to figure out what happened to cause that. I found remnants of said turd inside the leg of my shorts, but not in my underwear. I also found a poop spot on the couch where I had been relaxing with my spouse. I panic clean and go to chat with my spouse about event.

Noteworthy events of the day: I hadn't even pooped since yesterday morning. And I had showered since then.

I ask my spouse if he had any explosive poops today (grasping for crumbs, did not accuse him of pooping and not noticing, just asked prior to explaining the situation). He had been having some stomach problems the last week so just figured it was an easy thing to rule out.

He proceeds to tell me how it is probably because I primarily fart in the bathroom and I probably just didn't realize I also pooped and it just dangled there all day. I was appalled that was his reaction and asked if I had been dirty down there before that would make him think that. To which he replied no.

I got upset and hurt by his accusation that I do not know how to clean myself and we had a big fight.

After a more thorough examination of turd while I was cooling down I conducted a closer sniff test only to discover it was chocolate. I recalled I had dropped chocolate chips I was snacking on earlier and thought I found them all. Whew. Relief.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for getting upset and causing a fight because my spouse's reaction was to accuse me of not having good hygiene?

AITA for deliberately making GBS threads my pants after my brother in law said to me "I dare you to poo poo your pants, bitch"

quote:

Hi,

I have a lot of respect around my town for being willing to do dares, I have had this talent since I was a kid and I still do now even though I am in my 30's. I was boasting about my ability to dares, and I admit it is wrong to boast, but my brother in law called me out in a rude way and told me stop boasting. This was a few months ago but is still causing issues by the way.

So I told him he was just jealous of my talent for doing dares and I told him I could do any dare, and he said to me: "I dare you to poo poo your pants, bitch." He called me a bitch.

Now I do not take an insult of that lightly. It is an affront to my honor and my reputation. My wife tried to cool us down but I just stood up, stared him in the eye, and I poo poo in my pants. In hindsight maybe it was not the wise thing to do, but I felt I had to prove myself.

Well everything went banana's after that. My brother in law and his wife were disgusted and started yelling for me and my wife to leave, saying I was "hosed up" and could never come back, the kids at the party were crying, and all the other family and friends there were ganging up on me too. I didn't respond maturely but me and my wife did leave, my wife did not talk to me for 3 days.

My wife and I are on good terms again but to this day months later my brother in law and his wife are not even speaking to us on the phone and are poo poo talking us in group chats and on Facebook. I think they are being ridiculous and petty. Even if I were to say I should not have done what I did, I think they are overreacting. And he is the one who dared me to begin with.

So, wanted to see what Reddit says.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

AITA for being upset my spouse accused me of not being able to wipe my rear end?

hoisted by her own peturd

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

spacetoaster posted:

AITA for deliberately making GBS threads my pants after my brother in law said to me "I dare you to poo poo your pants, bitch"

quote:

I have a lot of respect around my town for being willing to do dares, I have had this talent since I was a kid and I still do now even though I am in my 30's.

LOL no one respects him for this.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Invisible Clergy posted:

Do you remember anything else about this post? Sounds great.

It was from the perspective of a husband whose wife started making GBS threads herself on purpose as a sex thing. She did it at the dinner table and he got really upset, partly because she let him blame their daughter. I think it ended with her saying she wanted to do it the next time they went out to dinner with friends and he cancelled plans?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I have a talent for doing things that people tell me to do. I am very respected for this. *shits pants*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
yes, everyone definitely respects the weird kid who looks for any excuse to eat worms