Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I like demography but I don't think *OD is ever going to be successful at it. The reason to give a poo poo about it is that for some people e.g. me it gives a much cleaner sense of "how many werewolves, vampires, etc do you think you're gonna meet." I'd feel more comfortable if they were more vague, OR more concrete, but it feels like they have put themselves in an uncomfortable middle where they'll give instructions that are meaningful like "changelings form courts" and "prometheans don't form large groups but there's enough that there are corporations hunting them" and so on, but then they'll put in a number where that doesn't work (e.g. if one out of every 70 million people you meet is a promethean, and prometheans are pretty secretive, then the reasonable expectation is that nobody, even a dedicated hunter of prometheans who knows what they're looking for, will *ever* see a promethean).

Digital Osmosis posted:

I was bored and thinking about Carthian law and then daydreaming an Ordo Dracul social scientist character and came up with a fun hypothetical unified theory of CoD Kindred: The Hecate Hypothesis.

Named after the Gaia Hypothesis, the Hecate Hypothesis views Kindred as an important but subsidiary part of a larger ecosystem which makes up a superorganism (let's call it Hecate) that is the proper level of analysis for vampires. This view sees the essence of that superorganism as being various phenomena that interact between a lack of life-force and the world. From a Mage cosmology, this view essentially sees Hecate as the interrelated and interdependent interactions in the phenomenological world of a lower-depth characterized by lacking life-force.

The Kindred are the center of this ecology and superorganism. A Kindred in this sense is a semi-bound being created from the interaction of a dead mortal and the lack of life-force. Other supernatural creatures feed off mortal energies and/or are made from dead mortals, but only Kindred are both and feed off this specific kind of life-force. Any being meeting these two categories will eventually converge into standard Kindred physiology. Within the Hecate superorganism, Kindred play a central role: they serve as its primary consumer, the herbivores of its food chain. Uniquely able to consume autotrophs (blood from the living) and turn it into the energy for other beings in the food chain (vitae) they are the most common and important part of the superorganism. A Kindred is, essentially, the will and ability to turn life-force into vitae combined with features of the human they were created from. This is usually but not always synonymous with "a bunch of Vitae piloting a specific dead body around," but exceptions exist that remain clearly Kindred. The psychological structures that result from the dual-origin of Kindred is exactly the same as the Man / Beast dichotomy, with the Man representing the factors originating from the specific dead human and the Beast representing factors originating from the lower-depths. Kindred are importantly only semi-bound beings. While the overwhelming majority cannot survive total destruction of the human body they were created from, some can. Furthermore, many Kindred phenomena involve a displacement of self. Auspex 5 is the obvious one but this includes things like creating ghouls and forming blood bonds. This semi-disembodiment is usually achieved through the physical medium of vitae, but not always. Importantly, things like predator's auras, the kiss' euphoria, or the magic social contracts of the Carthians or the Invictus does not involve Vitae directly.

Strix are directly embodied lack-of-life-force. When they sometimes claim to be Kindred's Beasts they aren't entirely wrong-- the Beast is essentially the manifestation in Kindred psychology and physiology of the stuff the Strix purely embodies. They are the most important secondary consumers of the Hecate ecology, although many other creatures exist including importantly powerful and/or elder Kindred themselves.

So there you go. A unified theory of "what are the Kindred?" and "what are the Syrix?" and "why does Kindred carcinization occur?" and "who's backing the Kindred in the ascension war?" and "what's up with the beast?" and "how does Carthian law work?" and "where does Cruac come from?" and such.

I like this and I like it especially if this is a belief in-universe that lacks solid meta-verification, so it's just a bunch of people in OD and Crone who take it really seriously and sound kind of stoned to most people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Tulip posted:

I like demography but I don't think *OD is ever going to be successful at it. The reason to give a poo poo about it is that for some people e.g. me it gives a much cleaner sense of "how many werewolves, vampires, etc do you think you're gonna meet." I'd feel more comfortable if they were more vague, OR more concrete, but it feels like they have put themselves in an uncomfortable middle where they'll give instructions that are meaningful like "changelings form courts" and "prometheans don't form large groups but there's enough that there are corporations hunting them" and so on, but then they'll put in a number where that doesn't work (e.g. if one out of every 70 million people you meet is a promethean, and prometheans are pretty secretive, then the reasonable expectation is that nobody, even a dedicated hunter of prometheans who knows what they're looking for, will *ever* see a promethean).

That’s why it really doesn’t matter in CoD. You could have 1 vampire for every 20 million or a hundred. The mortals just don’t want to acknowledge they exist anyway, because they don’t want to admit to themselves or each other that there are big bad monsters that go bump in the night.

And the ones that do are either going to die quickly, try to hunt and kill every single monster they can find, or even worse, end up as a thrall to one of those very monsters.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got invited to a CtL 2e group. I've played a couple sessions before, but that got wiped out by covid. So I'm still really new. I had an idea for an Ogre character with a custom kith -- a huge gnarled oak that gets sent across the hedge like Helldivers do, but whose purpose is to be carved into with lovers' oaths, obscenities and whatever else people carve into trees.

Two questions: First, is it an appropriate, functional, reasonably constructed kith power to turn 3 successes into exceptional success when using Streetwise to know the reputation people or groups have on the streets with each other? (Like I figure as a tree with lots of J <3 K and "gently caress steev" etc. on it, his function is in some senses to know peoples' feelings or reputations.)

Second, any ideas on an ability I can spend a Glamor on? Originally I thought having so many oaths carved into him, he could have a more ogre-like concept of a Notary kith and spend an extra Glamor to force a would-be unsealing party to pass a contested roll before they can unseal. But I don't feel like that's thematically on-point, since the guy's function is to record mortal pledges.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
On a scale of "dumb" to "extremely dumb," how dumb of an idea is it for an extempore promethean's humour to be barbed wire

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

On a scale of "dumb" to "extremely dumb," how dumb of an idea is it for an extempore promethean's humour to be barbed wire

if you mean you bleed barbed wire like a cod version of tetsuo, it is :krad:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arivia posted:

Yeah, bleeding barbed wire.

Every so often I go back to my idea of running a promethean campaign featuring an extempore birthed from the Johnstown flood of 1889. There's a bridge that caught a lot of the debris during the flood. The bridge became a tomb. Earth and water flooded through it, trees and buildings, and the contents of the local factories all ended up trapped at this bridge. As the water passed through and the earth stirred around, fires broke out and roasted anything unfortunate enough to have avoided drowning.

The factories were a steel mill with plenty of slag to add to the flood and a barbed wire factory that really did a good job tangling everything up.

When I get the itch, I try to think about what an extempore birthed from that bridge would be like, being born of the water, fire, and earth that flooded over them, if their disfigurements would show as the barbed wire coursing through their veins that keeps them tied together, the slag giving their body proper weight, the burning eyes and waterlogged flesh and mud-filled wounds, or what

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Arivia posted:

:agreed:

FirstAidKite posted:

Every so often I go back to my idea of running a promethean campaign featuring an extempore birthed from the Johnstown flood of 1889. There's a bridge that caught a lot of the debris during the flood. The bridge became a tomb. Earth and water flooded through it, trees and buildings, and the contents of the local factories all ended up trapped at this bridge. As the water passed through and the earth stirred around, fires broke out and roasted anything unfortunate enough to have avoided drowning.

The factories were a steel mill with plenty of slag to add to the flood and a barbed wire factory that really did a good job tangling everything up.

When I get the itch, I try to think about what an extempore birthed from that bridge would be like, being born of the water, fire, and earth that flooded over them, if their disfigurements would show as the barbed wire coursing through their veins that keeps them tied together, the slag giving their body proper weight, the burning eyes and swollen flesh caked in mud, or what.

This owns.

Jhet posted:

That’s why it really doesn’t matter in CoD. You could have 1 vampire for every 20 million or a hundred. The mortals just don’t want to acknowledge they exist anyway, because they don’t want to admit to themselves or each other that there are big bad monsters that go bump in the night.

And the ones that do are either going to die quickly, try to hunt and kill every single monster they can find, or even worse, end up as a thrall to one of those very monsters.

I mean it doesn't really matter in CoD, but it does matter for setting expectations and table conversations and what not, which imo does matter because the game exists to facilitate the social behavior. I've had conversations in this thread and at my table where basically everyone was frustrated because every person had developed expectations based on the book that were badly contradictory about the general question of "how many x are there."

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

God drat that is :krad: and after watching Frankensteins of Pittsburgh on Youtube I want to play Promethean so bad.

Anyway, 3rd session of V5 recap below:

My player was very pleased with our third session today. We got through a ton of stuff and even managed to roll some dice.

She got the night off from her sire (aka: get the player out on her own) and so made plans with the Toredor and Malkavian she met last session to go have some fun because it's Halloween.

But first she stops by the office to let her new intern (an NPC she fed on last session) know she's got the night off.

She finds her intern in her office singing which (thank you crit success on a rouse check lol) introduces her to her clans bane of Desire. That feeling of annoyance that her intern was behind her desk is gone because OMG that voice!

She flirts a bit with her intern, intern opens up a bit about herself and they leave together and part ways.

The player joins up with her Toredor clanmate/friend and discusses what just happened with her intern. Bit of info dump about the clan bane in character and how it can be *dangerous*

They arrive outside the ruins of the Sutro Baths in SF and meet the Malkavian. The trio go to the ruins and hang out a bit. The Malkavian offers to show the player what it's like to see through her eyes, and we have a nice scene of the player and the Malkavian using share the senses to get a taste of what she deals with nightly.

But oops, our Malkavian NPC failed the rouse check for using Share the Senses, so her beast makes his presence known, scaring the player first by addressing the NPC who it inhabits, then directly speaking to the player, telling her that some night, when this poor Malkavian snaps, she's going to kill you.

And because the malks beast is such a prick, the player got to experience the Malkavian's traumatic embrace.

The player tried to help the extremely freaked out Malkavian, but eventually it was left to their mutual Toredor friend to sooth the Malkavian by giving her a bit of her blood.

The characters explained to the player what happened, explaining the Beast and what it's capable of, and then the Malkavian used a bit of telepathy to get the message to the player not to mention the memory she'd seen.

Oh what's that? Malkavian had a vision of a place they should go check out, so off they go to an abandoned building across town.

Neither the player or the NPC Toredor had athletics, but the player managed 3 successes so she made it over the fence fine. The Malk made it over fine.

The other Toredor landed rear end over tea kettle, ruining her vintage 80's "Frankie Says Relax" shirt that she hadn't worn since 1984 and now its RUINED!

The player response?

"Relax" :drat:

Heightened senses tell our player there's Kindred blood been spilled here, and they investigate the second floor.

The Malk runs off to another room to investigate, and the player and other Toredor investigate the room that smells of Blood.

They find a Sabbat logo on the wall, a page with some Nod prophecy on it and a stake fashioned out of a chair leg. Photos are taken, the "Oh poo poo I guess that Sabbat rumor was true" is discussed and the Primogen is called and they are summoned to her estate to discuss matters in person.

Before they leave they check out the room the Malk investigated, finding what looks like the remains of someones makeshift home. The Malk tells them her friend Boone the Frankenstein lived there (yeah I'm pulling Prometheans into V5). They notice a chair with a missing leg and put together that our Promethean likely wrecked the Sabbat who were hanging out there.

They make their way across town again to the Primogen's mansion. They present their evidence, the Malkavian talks up the player as being the one who found everything and not a word is spoken of the possible Promethean, letting the assumption of hunters answer the chair leg stake question.

The primogen takes the player aside and tells her she's very impressed with her work tonight, especially for a fledgling like her (player has been a vampire about a month in game at this point) and informs her that while she can't speak to what the Prince will see fit to give as a reward, she has gained the favor of her primogen.

The primogen presents the player with a necklace, one that several other Toredor NPCS she's met wear, and is welcomed into the Primogen's "Rose Garden"

Plans are made to notify the Prince of the information found, and the crew leaves. They head out to a Karoke place and our final two scenes are the player and Malkavian having a very sweet discussion about what the player saw, and how she doesn't judge the Malk, just asks that she be honest with her, and if she thinks she's losing control, please say something.

And oh, look at that the Intern is just leaving as the player and Malk head back inside. Goodbyes are exchanged between the intern and her friends and the player and she adjourn to a room together.

They share a quiet scene where they kiss at the end, both unsure of how to deal with the feelings they have for each other.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The other reason I keep going back to the Johnstown Flood extempore idea is that since 1889, Johnstown has had on average 1 major flood and/or dam break every 40-50 years and we just had the 4th one this year. I can imagine that an extempore suffering through their pilgrimage might seek out trying to recreate the conditions in which they were born and it could very well take decades to wait for the timing to be right, but also grappling with whether it's fair to even seek humanity at the cost of once again relying on flooding the valley and doing the necessary steps at the Stone Bridge to try and create another of their kind. Alternatively, it could be interesting to see how a centimani might approach the situation or how other created might react to a particular promethean relying on the flood as a way to continue the line, or what if the progeny doesn't want to continue the cycle of taking advantage of the evils of capitalism-induced-flooding to seek the great work, to either find a new way forward or carry with the pilgrimage or decide on doing something else entirely, idk.

I'm never gonna run it because lol running promethean at all let alone during covid but it's still fun to dream about it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Loomer posted:

The only rule that actually matters is that the mortal population can support just slightly fewer vampires than are in your chronicle, to stoke resource tensions.

The rest is mere puff.

This is 100% correct and accurate.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Making my character for the M20 game I'm gonna be in, and some of these merits and flaws are very yikes.

Dammit Brucato posted:

Extreme Kink (3 to 5 pt. Flaw)
Everyone’s a little kinky; your needs are more, shall we say,
exotic than a run-of-the-mill fetish. You might still adhere to the
third part of the BDSM mantra safe, sane, and consensual, but
your kink is neither safe nor sane by most people’s definition of
those words. We’re not talking about tame bondage-and-spanking
stuff – more like Fifty Shades of What the gently caress is Wrong with You?
Unlike the old Flaw: Sadism /Masochism (which it replaces),
this Flaw isn’t about the nature and specifics of your kink – it’s
about how much trouble you can get into trying to satisfy your
needs. A three-point kink can damage your health, reputation,
and play partners; a four-point kink can seriously harm you
(and whoever’s unfortunate enough to hook up with you), and
a five-point kink can get you prison time or worse. (Gods help
the people you choose to help you satisfy that kink…)
Certain mages are more prone to this Flaw than others,
especially if they favor Left-Hand Path-type practices. For what
ought to be obvious reasons, this is not an appropriate Flaw
for all chronicles or players, and may well invoke safewords and
blackouts from your Storyteller or companions. (See Mage 20,
p. 345.) Although this Flaw, like others of its kind, does not
bear a judgment on our part, this sort of thing can offend and
trigger other players, so don’t be a dick about it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Making my character for the M20 game I'm gonna be in, and some of these merits and flaws are very yikes.

flaws are supposed to be a disadvantage in play so why the gently caress is there a mechanic for "my PC likes to gently caress dogs" or whatever the hell, goddamn it brucato

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

White Wolf has always had a lot of "Flaws, but actually Merits if the reward is attention"

Also lol if you think Satyros can be in a room with someone for 30 seconds without describing his kinks in detail.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Arivia posted:

flaws are supposed to be a disadvantage in play so why the gently caress is there a mechanic for "my PC likes to gently caress dogs" or whatever the hell, goddamn it brucato

There's an opposed flaw called Vanilla that is all about how you're a sweet innocent who doesn't know about kinks.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Weird that they felt the need to have that when there's Maledicta as a style.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like (hate) that the description starts out by talking about how your extreme kink "might" (wink) still be consensual but then by the 5 point one it's pretty evident that we must be talking about something which is not consensual, so well done Phil, you snuck in some rape poo poo with the barest figleaf of it not being rape poo poo.

But hey it's good to know I can get 4 character points out of letting my referee roll during downtime to see if I have an autoerotic asphyxiation accident. (David Carradine confirmed for Akashic Brotherhood membership?)

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
So dogfucking is a 5 point flaw, huh?

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Isn't that just where lupus come from?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I got invited to a CtL 2e group. I've played a couple sessions before, but that got wiped out by covid. So I'm still really new. I had an idea for an Ogre character with a custom kith -- a huge gnarled oak that gets sent across the hedge like Helldivers do, but whose purpose is to be carved into with lovers' oaths, obscenities and whatever else people carve into trees.

Two questions: First, is it an appropriate, functional, reasonably constructed kith power to turn 3 successes into exceptional success when using Streetwise to know the reputation people or groups have on the streets with each other? (Like I figure as a tree with lots of J <3 K and "gently caress steev" etc. on it, his function is in some senses to know peoples' feelings or reputations.)

Second, any ideas on an ability I can spend a Glamor on? Originally I thought having so many oaths carved into him, he could have a more ogre-like concept of a Notary kith and spend an extra Glamor to force a would-be unsealing party to pass a contested roll before they can unseal. But I don't feel like that's thematically on-point, since the guy's function is to record mortal pledges.

This is super cool. I feel the streetwise bonus is very in theme, but going with the innate social savant angle, maybe spend a glamour to learn the target's strongest social connection and how to influence them? I don't think that really stacks up against some of the other kith powers though and my first instinct would be to give some plant control instead. But I also didn't want this post to get lost. I love CtL and hope my pbp game picks back up because I love my giant buff orc lady fairest gristlegrinder

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I just had a PTSD flashback to some of the logs I had to read as an assistant ST on NB before we banned the player involved so thanks for that y'all.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I thank whatever Gods there are that the moderated chat is dead, deleted, and gone, and so is everything I did in it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao did they cancel Bloodlines 2 and made it a battle royale instead

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

No that's a different game that they keep flogging at every game show for some loving reason.

You're technically right though because Bloodlines 2 is probably never coming out.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Anne Rice died.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Loomer posted:

Anne Rice died.

drat. I really wanted to see where the Atlantis aliens, cloning androids, vampire ghosts stuff was going, too.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

So I've had this thought in my head for a long time about putting together chronicle (that I will probably never actually run) about the Ratkin in the Victorian Age: Vampire setting combating the increasing influence of the weaver and the industrial revolution. Would Werewolf: the Wild West help at all with this? I don't own either it or Victorian Age: Vampire, but I'm considering purchasing at least the VA:V. If W:tWW would be of any assistance, I'd consider getting it but otherwise I don't have much interest in it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/elgesugha/status/1471976211379195908

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It was pointed out that's even one of the more awful translations of the NT.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I like to imagine that somewhere, someone's opening up their special ordered copy of the New Testament and is very confused right now about why back in Sunday School the teacher apparently skipped over all the werewolf stuff in the Bible

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

put that in a ziploc bag and stash it for twenty years then put it on appraisal

misprint werewolf bible? that’s a collector item right there

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dawgstar posted:

It was pointed out that's even one of the more awful translations of the NT.

yeah if your playing christians you really want the 20th

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Asterite34 posted:

I like to imagine that somewhere, someone's opening up their special ordered copy of the New Testament and is very confused right now about why back in Sunday School the teacher apparently skipped over all the werewolf stuff in the Bible

No, saint Christopher is in there

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is Jack Frost a geist

Is Frosty the snowman a promethean

Are Heat Miser and Snow Miser fae

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I had my final Mage game for the year yesterday, and since they've had a bit of a rough time lately, I figured we'd have a fun Christmas special.

It started out with the Cabal hosting a solstice party (the Cabal is called Equinox, so it was appropriately themed), then their Mentor surprised them with an impromptu Astral trip (she passed out and they had to go "rescue" her from the Astral).

They had to get past the Yule Cat (they were all wearing new pendants so they could pass), the Yule Goat (instead of burning it, the Thyrsus convinced it to go climb a tree to satisfy its climbing instinct) and the Krampus (they beat him up and stuffed him in his own sack).

Then they went and fought a giant Dark Souls Santa, after trying (and failing) to start a Union amongst his subjugated elves.

"Merry Christmas! Your gift is that you got to overthrow a tyrant!"

Sometimes your weirdo Free Council mentor just wants you to embrace some silliness, y'know?

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

cptn_dr posted:

And given how little they seem to care about some lines (]b]Tome of the Pentacle has been in Redlines for how long now?[/b]) I still wouldn't be surprised if they killed it before long anyway. Bitterly disappointed, but not surprised.

I know they said COVID affected things, but drat.

If I were rich, I would buy Mage the Awakening or the finance the creation of legally distinct but similar game.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Well poo poo, we all went dark. Happy Festive Holiday of your Choice and New Years, WoD thread.

Project update:
Last year was right hosed for me. Rather than keep pushing deadlines, I made the decision early on to release by the end of the year or just get it out there in whatever from it's in. Since I didn't get it polished up finally in time (see again: poo poo year), I'm falling back to option two.

What that means is that I'm currently prepping Project v0.9 for release for free. It contains spreadsheets for every splat, some of the Spirits (but not individual banes or fomori), and corporations, and a combined sheet lacking some fine granularity but useful for rough location analysis. It's earmarked as v0.9 for the simple reason that what I have to cut, I want to put back in, hopefully sometime this year still, once its done with an updated release. What's being cut:

-a proper system of flagging who's active by era (the old one was way too broad)
- proper three-tier locations for demographic stuff (at the moment, you're getting it all as one mess - if a vampire is known only to be in Germany, its Germany in the entry; if LA, LA. If I'd known what I was doing at the time, I'd have split that into the three from the very start, or at least when I converted it all to a proper data set.)
-a seperate set of sheets listing all the known areas with appropriate population figures and the relevant ratios this produces for the local populations.

None of these are super hard, but they're very tedious to do and slightly tricky to automate (its not much chop saying that Barcelona is in Spain if the Barcelona in question is Alabama, say). The seperate sheets are meant to look at it on more than the local level - to divide the data into City, Metro Area, State, Region, Country, and Continent. Again, not too hard, but tedious - and with said poo poo year, my tolerance for the tedium has been too low, especially since the versions I actually had mostly done were lost at the end of 2020 and its the double-tedium of doing it again.

The timeline is a seperate release that I'm still actively working on polishing up, so that'll come out when it comes out. We're currently at 679 pages and 8350 footnotes, all from the secret history. That's going to significantly increase with real events that need to be added to provide proper context to some of the rest. My citation manager is, as you might expect, a real bizarre mixture these days.

Anyway, bottom line: Expect a link to v0.9 sometime either this week or the next. At the moment I'm excising the cruft columns and the ones that are just no use.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Time for "kite asks stupid questions again"

What splat would best work for adapting the cenobites from hellraiser? My kneejerk reaction is changeling but idk. I know that tzimisce do a lot of poo poo comparable to cenobites and cenobites can turn other humans into cenobites so idk.

Also, same question but with the phantasm movies instead. I feel like phantasm is closest to mage but somehow, despite all the mage chat, I don't know much about mage.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

FirstAidKite posted:

Time for "kite asks stupid questions again"

What splat would best work for adapting the cenobites from hellraiser? My kneejerk reaction is changeling but idk. I know that tzimisce do a lot of poo poo comparable to cenobites and cenobites can turn other humans into cenobites so idk.

Also, same question but with the phantasm movies instead. I feel like phantasm is closest to mage but somehow, despite all the mage chat, I don't know much about mage.

Hellraiser is about the residents of an alternate dimension who come from you when you do something strange that attracts their interest, who then take you back to their world and turn you into something like them. Changeling 100% fits.

Phantasm... I haven't thought about what the plots of those movies are for a very long time, so I don't actually have a good answer.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Phantasm 1 is like a weird changeling/promethean hybrid situation that doesn't go anywhere tangibly (since the Tall Man's plan seems to be 'turn corpses into dwarven monks to toil on my hell world for ?????') mixed with the big TM himself operating a lot like a Huntsman harrying the dumb kid throughout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The Nephandi from oWOD have a lot of Hellraiser influence, especially the K'llasshaa.