Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Zuck is shorter than average and I honestly can't blame him for being insecure about it. I'll save the mockery for Musk, who is probably around 6'1" and rounds up to 6'2", but still wears platform shoes and absolutely will not stay still for a full body picture unless he can step closer to the camera or otherwise use forced perspective to look way taller than everyone else

All that said, the way height is treated in western culture is a significant thing when it comes to toxic masculinity and is one of the many things that we need to get past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Agreed. First step: making it illegal for women to put height requirements on their Tinder profiles.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

He has that haircut because he's trying to model his life and appearance after Augustus Caesar

OK so a care home not jail, whatever.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GWBBQ posted:

Zuck is shorter than average and I honestly can't blame him for being insecure about it. I'll save the mockery for Musk, who is probably around 6'1" and rounds up to 6'2", but still wears platform shoes and absolutely will not stay still for a full body picture unless he can step closer to the camera or otherwise use forced perspective to look way taller than everyone else

All that said, the way height is treated in western culture is a significant thing when it comes to toxic masculinity and is one of the many things that we need to get past.

It's funny because on some level I parsed Musk as a little guy. I think it's the insecurity

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Trump was going to force ByteDance to divest of the US TikTok operations to Oracle of all entities and was within a week or so of completion of the project solely because teens sabotaged a Trump rally in Missouri. The Treasury Department never approved the sale and the Trump administration just forgot about it as deadline came and went (probably due to the election being about a month out).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Do you mean the Tulsa rally leading to this hands down incredible picture?

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Tesseraction posted:

Punished Trump

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

Agreed. First step: making it illegal for women to put height requirements on their Tinder profiles.

nah if a woman is stuck on the idea of only dating tall men I prefer not to waste my time

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

LastInLine posted:

Trump was going to force ByteDance to divest of the US TikTok operations to Oracle of all entities and was within a week or so of completion of the project solely because teens sabotaged a Trump rally in Missouri. The Treasury Department never approved the sale and the Trump administration just forgot about it as deadline came and went (probably due to the election being about a month out).

Wasnt that the rally where Hermain Cain got COVID?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yes, it was the same rally that sunk the Cain train.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sacrist65 posted:

Wasnt that the rally where Hermain Cain got COVID?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbv6B8Ky4ns

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

Tesseraction posted:

I'm gonna start sending in absolutely dogshit scripts that later descend into poorly written erotica as an unhinged form of praxis.

“alright, lunch is over, let’s see what this script from a two time hugo award finalist about a sentient FGM-148 Javelin anti-tank missile is all about”

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

GWBBQ posted:

Zuck is shorter than average and I honestly can't blame him for being insecure about it.

He's 5'7" not like 5'2"

oh yeah he's also one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world. Him giving the slightest poo poo about his height is pathetic

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

LastInLine posted:

Lol and all the very serious news outlets like the economist had articles about how dangerous tiktoks Chinese algorithm was and it needs to be in American hands, then again those just got completely forgotten and everyone moved on

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Tulsa! Why did I think it was Missouri?

I just found it weird that a man driven entirely by ego and spite didn't have the follow through for revenge. Sadly I find it more relatable to have laziness as one's dominant trait.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

vyelkin posted:

Nicolas Sarkozy and his high-heeled shoes

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

Why Senator, says here you're perfectly healthy! Those headaches are normal!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

so I live near Tulsa and that entire rally was hilarious in hindsight

People were seriously scared in the lead-up to it, everyone was absolutely positive there was going to be violence. basically every business in downtown Tulsa was not just closed, but boarded up, and regional gas station chain QuikTrip went one step further and barricaded their parking lots. Absolutely no one local was looking forward to the rally, even local Trump supporters were calling it irresponsible.

as the time got closer and closer the Trumpers descended. The thing that really got me was that they were all from out of town - Tulsa is a pretty red city so you’d think there would be some locals, but no, what we got was a bunch of out-of-towners descending on the city and setting up illegal encampments on the streets around the convention center. Rather than clear out these encampments, like they had just done with homeless encampments for miles around, the police guarded them and blocked off the streets they were on. The Trumpers got into a bunch of fights with locals and absolutely trashed downtown, leaving piles of garbage, discarded camping equipment, and human waste everywhere. It’s still so bizarre to me because even the most disorganized homeless encampment usually has a specific area where people use the bathroom, I had never seen people just drop trou and poo poo right outside their tents until that rally.

Following the rally attendees, in numbers equal or greater than them, were pop-up store entrepreneurs who set up stands in every available space, selling them poo poo. Punisher skull merch, thin blue line merch, MAGA merch, think of a right-wing slogan or symbol and there were at least two or three pop-up stores trying to sell it on a hat, flag, T-shirt, or coffee mug. There were so many of them it made the rally look way bigger than it actually was.

So about that. The day of the rally came and people were tense. The local cops had been reinforced by the US Marshals and the military, there were huge fences erected around the arena, troops everywhere, thousands of counterprotesters. It started, and it wasn’t even half full. Hardly anyone attended the drat thing. They resorted to packing people in on the front rows to make the crowd look larger. It ended up being way shorter than intended, and when it did end the few attendees exited the arena and...left. There was no confrontation with counterprotesters, no march, no afterparty, they piled into their trucks and RVs and charter buses and loving ran away. Thousands of locals had assembled to try to stop them from trashing our city and they were so scared that they didn’t even try to confront them in an organized way. They just left.

At one point a few friends and I, who had been distributing water to people, were heading back to our staging area to resupply, get snacks, and rest. We were masked but not in bloc or anything like that, just dressed in regular clothes, and I remember the mood being really chill, talking, laughing. Ahead of us on the sidewalk were a couple older ladies in MAGA apparel, and at one point they turned around and looked at us, screamed ‘OH MY GOD THEY’RE RIGHT OVER THERE!’, and ran away down an alley. I guess they thought we were antifas? It’s still one of the strangest things I’ve ever had happen to me.

Anyway, when they left, the crowd was still there and everyone still had a bunch of energy, so it ended up turning into a spontaneous block party, which was pretty nice. It had more attendees than the rally and somehow still managed to leave less trash on the streets.

Mister Bates has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Jan 5, 2022

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I wonder how many people that show up at Trump rallies anymore (or even in the past few years) are just the same set of Grateful Dead style groupies whose entire life are just going to those things

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
"a little hug for the Bushy"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

At one point a few friends and I, who had been distributing water to people, were heading back to our staging area to resupply, get snacks, and rest. We were masked but not in bloc or anything like that, just dressed in regular clothes, and I remember the mood being really chill, talking, laughing. Ahead of us on the sidewalk were a couple older ladies in MAGA apparel, and at one point they turned around and looked at us, screamed ‘OH MY GOD THEY’RE RIGHT OVER THERE!’, and ran away down an alley. I guess they thought we were antifas? It’s still one of the strangest things I’ve ever had happen to me.

Your whole post was interesting to read but this paragraph is really loving funny. See someone who isn't brainwormed about covid and Trump and they flee for the safety of their sweaty hogs.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao at this whole story, sincere thanks for sharing it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

exmachina posted:

The DoD does have script supervision when they lend out their assets or IP. How often they exercise that right is unknowable to those outside the process - but it definitely happens

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if they actually are extremely lenient and just figure that even if the movie takes a few shots at the military people are mostly going to be walking away thinking it was loving cool when those helicopters blew that poo poo up.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Sure but something like Apocalypse Now would never be allowed to be made again

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

christmas boots posted:

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if they actually are extremely lenient and just figure that even if the movie takes a few shots at the military people are mostly going to be walking away thinking it was loving cool when those helicopters blew that poo poo up.

I think people assume it's heavy handed because of stuff like the Transformers movies where they suck off the military at every opportunity but that's just Michael Bay being in love with troops.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Fortaleza posted:

Sure but something like Apocalypse Now would never be allowed to be made again

They made it in the Philippines and used local military vehicles.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bushcuck Hussein Obama

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

How dare you call QT "regional"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

The University of Austin (UATX)

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
I get the feeling this will be the first of many.
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1478841697459224584?t=DuJy5XW1nUjuoQW1ANCvtA&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Kitfox88 posted:

so when does he get stabbed by politicians

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

i will never read a book about dead gay nations because i have posts to read on a dead gay forum!!!!!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the sentence is 30 hours of age of empires, with possibility of rome total war with good behavior

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 07:18 on Jan 6, 2022

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Fish of hemp posted:

They made it in the Philippines and used local military vehicles.

Halfway through they needed the helicopters back to put down a rebellion IIRC

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

There was a pope who was part of the Hitler Youth and whom I have it on good authority went cruising at a certain lake near Tübingen known to have been a hotspot for such back in the 70s and 80s

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

There was a pope who was part of the Hitler Youth and whom I have it on good authority went cruising at a certain lake near Tübingen known to have been a hotspot for such back in the 70s and 80s

then the next pope was a white guy from Argentina lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

drat those 70s and 80s cruiser Hitler Youth :bahgawd: