Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the Böllerverbot seems to have achieved between Fick und Alles around here.

It wasn't really a Böllerverbot, just a Verkaufsverbot. You were still allowed to use the stuff you bought last week just across the border had "left over from two years ago", so it did absolutely nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

The fireworks usually go from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., this year we had maybe 30 minutes of Böllern. It's an improvement
Yeah, similar case here. Roughly 15 minutes of some proper amount of fireworks.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DTurtle posted:

Yeah, similar case here. Roughly 15 minutes of some proper amount of fireworks.

We had some randos, who like always, would randomly use Böller across the 31st, starting at afternoon, but only at point 0 did the real deal start. This year a bit subdued and after ca. 15 minutes it started petering out already. But thanks to thick clouds everywhere, it sounded even more like a warzone then usual, minus the bunten Lichter.

Anyway, both my cat and me then got rudely woken up around what must have been 5 am by someone using the world's largest Chinaböller directly outside the frontdoor of our house. This way I learned that a shockwave hitting our massive steel door and then getting amplified through our long hallway is like a perfect funnel to lead the noise almost undiminished straight to us.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

That adjective and that noun don't go together

That's not the attitude to rutsch into the neues Jahr!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Happy new year deutschgoons!

Libluini posted:

We had some randos, who like always, would randomly use Böller across the 31st, starting at afternoon, but only at point 0 did the real deal start. This year a bit subdued and after ca. 15 minutes it started petering out already. But thanks to thick clouds everywhere, it sounded even more like a warzone then usual, minus the bunten Lichter.

Anyway, both my cat and me then got rudely woken up around what must have been 5 am by someone using the world's largest Chinaböller directly outside the frontdoor of our house. This way I learned that a shockwave hitting our massive steel door and then getting amplified through our long hallway is like a perfect funnel to lead the noise almost undiminished straight to us.

Have you checked that worlds largest Chinaböller wasn't just a mediocre Chinaböller amplified by your Briefkasten?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Happy new year deutschgoons!

Have you checked that worlds largest Chinaböller wasn't just a mediocre Chinaböller amplified by your Briefkasten?

Nah, the way those things are built I wouldn't have heard anything in that case, our Briefkästen are off to the side and hang on Mauerwerk. The acoustics are way different.

Edit:

They either threw the things down at the door, or set them off inside the grate right outside the door, from the sounds of it

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Frohes Neues, Kameraden!

I forgot to post here again but luckily I can just assume that the thread title still fits perfectly

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Yo, happy new year from me too. It's Monday, back to work. :whip:

Local firework report: It seems there was less. I am totally in favor of outlawing private firework displays. Make them something big that is organized by the Stadt or Gemeinde at a place most people can see. Less pollution and waste and a better display for everybody.

Or heck, go full drones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpXEC0Tuo0

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Decided to go back into my (isolated => self employed) office today though my plan was to have another week of "not doing anything", but I'm bored. Called some partners and customers where I know they are also back and....god damnit everyone is popping positive or knows relatives that are positive.

Thinking again about "Schließt euch ein, macht die Augen zu!". Funny though that whenever I F5 sportschau.de, more Fussballspieler are positive who didn't really get the "stay at home, vermeide Kontakte wenn möglich"-message.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Good news: With the recent announcement from the Greens, Steinmeier is basically guaranteed a second Amtszeit. He's been a good Bundespräsident, so I appreciate this development :)

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Good news: With the recent announcement from the Greens, Steinmeier is basically guaranteed a second Amtszeit. He's been a good Bundespräsident, so I appreciate this development :)

Did he even do anything noteworthy? Ok, he didn't have any scandals, so.... Go Steinmeier?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

hazzlebarth posted:

Did he even do anything noteworthy? Ok, he didn't have any scandals as Bundespräsident, so.... Go Steinmeier?

FTFY

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

hazzlebarth posted:

Did he even do anything noteworthy? Ok, he didn't have any scandals, so.... Go Steinmeier?

He never slapped Scheuer in the face, yelling "Vollidiot". Then again, a lot of people have to carry that burden.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008
How about letting Murat Kurnaz be tortured in Gitmo?

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

tuo posted:

He never slapped Scheuer in the face, yelling "Vollidiot".

Von mir aus, Steinmeier can get a second chance with the new guy, Wissing.
This time he better use it though :arghfist:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Why do we even still have a Bundespräsident?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

A bit apropos of nothing, but lmao Zeit Online has become pretty much unusable. Out of the 17 standalone articles on their front page, 14 are behind their paywall. And it's not like their paywall is remotely worth it, considering like half of what's behind is are dumbass lifestyle pieces by failchild columnists trying to feel relevant.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

All papers are going to an all hot takes content model afaict

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Steinmeier is my favourite president because he reminded me of my Eigenverantwortung when I blamed systemic disadvantages. Now I understand that whether or not I succeed in life depends on the effort I'm willing to invest.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

aphid_licker posted:

All papers are going to an all hot takes content model afaict

https://m.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/datenschutz-wo-selbst-das-faxgeraet-verboten-ist-17713580.html

This has all the hot takes and made me pretty mad tbh

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The headline makes me mad, but I'm not clicking on a FAZ link.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

The headline makes me mad, but I'm not clicking on a FAZ link.

It's paywalled, but even the snippet is good for hateclicks

quote:

Erste Gelegenheit: Was wären die Restaurants, Cafés und der Einzelhandel ohne Luca-App? Es musste erst eine kleine Truppe einfallsreicher Leute kommen, die sich über alle Bedenken hinwegsetzte und dieses nützliche Werkzeug schuf. Wäre es nach den Datenschützern gegangen, wäre ihr Projekt sofort eingestampft worden. Schon die Corona-App hatten sie auf dem Gewissen. Die Gesundheitsämter konnten mit ihr nur wenig anfangen. Sie hatten auf eine wirklich hilfreiche App gesetzt. Warum es nicht dazu kam, liegt am Datenschutz. Er kämpft bis heute gegen die Luca-App.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 5, 2022

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
In two years, I never needed, seen or have been asked for the Luca App. Not even once.

And yes, I did actually go outside for a lot of stuff.

Edit: Thanks, Datenschutz!

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 5, 2022

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I've seen a lot of stickers saying "please check in with Luca app" but I never did and never saw anyone do it. This is obviously fine, total surveillance is bad actually.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

pidan posted:

I've seen a lot of stickers saying "please check in with Luca app" but I never did and never saw anyone do it. This is obviously fine, total surveillance is bad actually.

Joke's on you, Luca doesn't even work, so your paper registration actually surveys you more!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

In case you're unfamiliar, it should be noted that the Luca app is an absolute scam. It just dumps a giant stream of unprocessed data into the Gesundheitsämter, which they simply do not have the capacities to manually process. And that's a lot of data that genuinely should be treated with a degree of sensitivity (though it's not like Google and Apple aren't happily gathering and processing similar data). I'd be surprised if there were more than a handful of cases that saw successful contact tracing through Luca.

Meanwhile the Corona Warn App, while ludicrously overpriced, is actually technologically solid and fulfills its purpose while still managing to respect the user's privacy. Its shortcoming is mostly due to a relatively low adoption rate among the populace.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
luca app has been dead for a while as the corona-warnapp can scan its codes as well, but drat ive never even installed that thing in the first place because what the hell kind of a name is "luca" supposed to be. who comes up with this bullshit? this is nina-app tier trash. arent there agenturen they can pay to come up with a decent name? it doesnt tell you a single thing about what its for. like, with corona-warn-app you know exactly what youre getting. just look at succesful online brands. facebook, myspace, instagram, studivz all of those actually subtly convey what the hell theyre about while still having a unique, distinct identity. luca is just some dumb kids name or whatever

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I went to a place that required each person in the group to individually check-in with the Luca app which seems unnecessary when the whole point of this is contact-tracing. Coronawarn should have been mandated, since most people I know who don't have it are completely apathetic about it; they follow the rules but they don't care about doing any more unless they are required to.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I don't follow anything that's not required because I know the large majority of people won't. It's wasted effort on my part to go beyond the rules. They need to be stricter.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Last summer Lüneburg and Hamburg required Luca App to get into Saturn and other places. In Bavaria I have never seen it used. Apparently Luca was/is pretty popular up north though.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Perestroika posted:

It's paywalled, but even the snippet is good for hateclicks

Wasn't paywalled yesterday... Whatever.
The article basically said that Datenschutz is the only factor that verhinders Digitalisierung von Behörden, Impfpflichtregister etc and at the end he even praises the goddamn Vorratsdatenspeicherrung.

Der Artikel ist billige und spaltende Polemik und erreicht genau das, was er erreichen will: Er macht beide Seiten wütend.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
You can just act like you’re scanning the codes in most cases anyway and nobody gives a gently caress. Like if they even catch you? „What, I scanned it! It just didn’t work!“

Literally the only place that checked my Ausweis AND my Impfpass has been Ikea. Most restaurants have been on a Vertrauensbasis as well and it’s quickly turned me off the idea of going outside.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

ephex posted:

Wasn't paywalled yesterday... Whatever.
The article basically said that Datenschutz is the only factor that verhinders Digitalisierung von Behörden, Impfpflichtregister etc and at the end he even praises the goddamn Vorratsdatenspeicherrung.

Which is funny because DSGVO is an Europe wide thing, maybe even global thing.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Zwille posted:

You can just act like you’re scanning the codes in most cases anyway and nobody gives a gently caress. Like if they even catch you? „What, I scanned it! It just didn’t work!“

Literally the only place that checked my Ausweis AND my Impfpass has been Ikea. Most restaurants have been on a Vertrauensbasis as well and it’s quickly turned me off the idea of going outside.
I got both Impfnachweis (warnapp) and Ausweis checked at the McD im Industriegebiet yesterday. In fact, most businesses here in BaWü check both. I think it's super pointless but it's a rule so I comply, see above

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Your QR is scanned and ID checked everywhere here in Berlin (except for spätis). This also means you have to stand in line now to get into any Laden.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Yeah, same in the Ruhrpott. Impfnachweis and Perso are absolute standard for pretty much everything that isn’t a supermarket.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Simply Simon posted:

I got both Impfnachweis (warnapp) and Ausweis checked at the McD im Industriegebiet yesterday. In fact, most businesses here in BaWü check both. I think it's super pointless but it's a rule so I comply, see above

Wouldn't want to get a probation from McDonalds

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Remember how we made fun of the US for cutting quarantine down to 5 days?

Haha, good times. Those idiots.
Wait, wha...?

Lauterbach will Quarantäne für wichtige Berufe auf fünf Tage verkürzen

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Not gonna lie, the „five day quarantine“ is giving me some anxiety in regard to „they know the system might collapse, so we need to do something the system collapse mildly“.

Seeing what‘s happening in Great Britain does not fill me with trust into what might be coming, irregardless if Omicron might be less dangerous to the individual, as long as it seems to basically infect everyone an infected person looks at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

People don't get sick enough for the system to properly collapse I don't think. Like most moderate COVID px can still sort of drive a truck / Gabelstapler etc