Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dango Bango posted:

It's crazy how many more people I know have been affected this time around compared to even 2020 (pre-vaccine). I'm at my second close contact in three weeks now.

Stay safe goons. Hoping for speedy recoveries for LeeMajors, Raku, and anyone else who catches it.

Cases are absolutely off the charts right now. In CO we’ve blown past the max cases per day during last winter‘s surge by like 70 percent. The good news is that if we take South Africa as a bellwether we’ll have another few weeks of bad cases and then it’ll tumble back down. They also didn’t report an appreciable increase in deaths, so fingers crossed that that bears out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Well, it is right after the holidays with a new strain that seems to be more infectious than anything else at the moment.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dango Bango posted:

It's crazy how many more people I know have been affected this time around compared to even 2020 (pre-vaccine). I'm at my second close contact in three weeks now.

Stay safe goons. Hoping for speedy recoveries for LeeMajors, Raku, and anyone else who catches it.

Positivity rate in Chicago is at 25% right now!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Positivity rate in SC was over 30% today. Just lmao.

To the moon, baby

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol

Lmao

Be well Internet friend.

I’m glad my symptoms are mild so far. I get to be off for whatever hellish nonsense will be going on at work over the next few days.

—————-

Also, lol just throw these assholes down a well already.

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1478758246445953030?s=21

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 5, 2022

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Oh cool I just found out my roommate is sick and his coworker has a confirmed case. So far I've managed to dodge it even though I've been working longer hours since this pandemic has started. I'm genuinely surprised that after doing multiple pcr and rapid tests they've all been negative especially since I have to ride a crowded shuttle to get to my work area where mask usage isn't enforced even though it is required.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Pfft all you covid havers waiting until now to get it. I had it back before it was cool.

seriously though hope the symptoms are mild and fast recovery

Also “beat” Hades. Saw the credits anyway, I know there’s still a lot to do but it feels good I can complete runs regularly now. Most heat I’ve done so far is only 8 though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Also “beat” Hades. Saw the credits anyway, I know there’s still a lot to do but it feels good I can complete runs regularly now. Most heat I’ve done so far is only 8 though.

I picked it up today for the first time since I started. Had a nice little run with the shield then, just, didn't.....

I need to play more and get better. Those return damage boons are pretty nice. Thought I was going to make a serious run at Megs but the twins wiped me out. Still haven't gotten past her.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I picked it up today for the first time since I started. Had a nice little run with the shield then, just, didn't.....

I need to play more and get better. Those return damage boons are pretty nice. Thought I was going to make a serious run at Megs but the twins wiped me out. Still haven't gotten past her.

For me it's been entirely about boon builds outside of leveling stuff up in the mirror. Get as many trinkets as you can and figure out what boons work best for you with what weapons. Like if I do the bow I'm always looking for Artemis so I use her trinket so I'll get her boons early. I'm ALWAYS looking for Athena's deflect on dash. It's my absolute favorite boon. If I use the gloves I look for Zeus and his lightning on attack + Hermes' boon that speeds up your attack. Then you just build from there on what you want to be able to do. FWIW I rarely use the return damage boons unless there's just nothing better to pick. I do want to try that setup someone had where they just stood still and let the boss kill themselves on the return damage they were getting.

When I started I also didn't use Cast a whole lot. Look out for boons on that like Dionysis Trippy Shot. There's a great combo on the bow with the Aspect of Hera that lets you load up your casts into the bow and fire them off. That + Trippy Shot/Flare is a game changer.

I also generally don't pick rooms that have the Gems/Darkness/Coin unless I can't avoid them or I was specifically trying to load up on one of them. I always go for the ones that have boons. Or the Hammer, always pick the hammer. The 'money' stuff you can fill up naturally.

My favorite one I've found so far was one that gave you +2 health for each hit but cut your total health bar by 60%. I had the gloves on with rapid fire and I was basically invincible. Ended every encounter with full life.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Well I am now in isolation in our guest bedroom with the ps4 so I’m going to put those tips to use. Thanks bud.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

Well I am now in isolation in our guest bedroom with the ps4 so I’m going to put those tips to use. Thanks bud.

I think you're just faking COVID to play video games!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
hey if you have a lot of time you can get into Persona 5 or Witcher 3, those both take a loving age to get through. oh and i maintain best boon is the artemis/zeus lighting cast boon. its so disgusting

Freaquency posted:

Cases are absolutely off the charts right now. In CO we’ve blown past the max cases per day during last winter‘s surge by like 70 percent. The good news is that if we take South Africa as a bellwether we’ll have another few weeks of bad cases and then it’ll tumble back down. They also didn’t report an appreciable increase in deaths, so fingers crossed that that bears out here.

based on the absolutely absurd climb hospitalizations are taking i dont know that South Africa is a useful comp here. in absolute terms it does seem like Omicron is less likely to kill you, especially with vaccines + boost but its like 4x more infectious and we're doing zero mitigation so deaths might still skyrocket especially if hospitals get overwhelmed.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Covid update: Now on day 10, head congestion lingering. Lost my sense of taste and smell over the weekend so I'm pretty sure I have Delta. At least the chest poo poo is gone. Tested positive in a rapid test Monday, went for a PCR today, another PCR scheduled for Sunday. On leave at work.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

dont worry guys if you can't find a test this old geezer recommends google

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1478761964327297026?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

dont worry guys if you can't find a test this old geezer recommends google

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1478761964327297026?s=20

But what if I use Lycos for my web searches?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

But what if I use Lycos for my web searches?

duckduckgofuckyourself

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think you're just faking COVID to play video games!

If you have time to lean you have time to clean.

Get well soon y’all.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/erinmdurkin/status/1478823952667615240

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

We’re governed by the dumbest loving people.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Hot Diggity! posted:

Really gotta pick a different day for it though because having Gloomhaven on Monday followed by D:OS2 on Tuesday is Too Much Nerd poo poo.

I feel this, we as a group play NHL 22 club games on Monday and Wednesday every week. I wanted to do a 3rd day but with the two days so close together, it wears me out lol.

Normally I run the red prince in Divinity 2, I'll change some stats of course but he's speech/story/mannerisms are perfect.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Freaquency posted:

We’re governed by the dumbest loving people.

All this time it really was the old saying "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That’s the point. We got COVID.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/meidastouch/status/1478803279484100609?s=21

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I think what bothers me most is the “rah rah we’re all a team let’s go #togetherstrong!” middle manager tepid pep talk is honestly worse than saying nothing. poo poo, I’d prefer they just tell me to gently caress off instead of this!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

He's seriously pushing manufacturing in Florida? Lmao what a loving dumbass (not that that's news).

It's absolutely not reasonable to have a manufacturing facility in the state. It costs way too much overhead you're never going to escape.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hell, by the time your capex on your facilities is paid for you'll be cleaning seawater off your factory floor every night

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The new NYC mayor is very funny

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think I’m gonna attempt to make Macarons this weekend.

I am already accepting complete and total failure.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
My Grandpa’s girlfriend passed away the other day. Through some badgering the truth finally came out that they both had covid and didn’t get the vax and didn’t want that info to get out. They both mainlined fox new plus whatever nonsense my idiot antivax aunts feed them. I wasn’t close with her but this poo poo is so loving frustrating. Could have been prevented but NOPE! God dammit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I despise DeSantis as much as the next guy but all of the breathless (heh) speculation and zaprudering his appearances is kinda pathetic. Maybe he’ll keel over from COVID but he’s probably gonna be fine and disappoint a lot of people hoping for a touch of schadenfreude.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/freedlander/status/1478835279398064132?s=21

Guze posted:

The new NYC mayor is very funny

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I KILLED MEG GET REKT BITCH

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

There must be some sort of cosmic rule that prevents the mayor of NYC from being a normal human being.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LeeMajors posted:

I KILLED MEG GET REKT BITCH

Why don't you two just get a room already

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Yep. He rules. Incredible weirdo, incredible moron.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

most of the "best" candidates for NYC mayor backed out once they realized the job is going to be awful in the current era. between nypd poo poo, the collapsing public transit infrastructure, and everything pandemic related its not a good job if your goal is to further your own career, which is of course the goal of every political creature. so all that was left was the weirdos, the true believers, and of course the dumbass weirdos like Adams

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

most of the "best" candidates for NYC mayor backed out once they realized the job is going to be awful in the current era. between nypd poo poo, the collapsing public transit infrastructure, and everything pandemic related its not a good job if your goal is to further your own career, which is of course the goal of every political creature. so all that was left was the weirdos, the true believers, and of course the dumbass weirdos like Adams

Similar to Chicago. It's an impossible job, so anyone who is remotely competent wants nothing to do with it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Similar to Chicago. It's an impossible job, so anyone who is remotely competent wants nothing to do with it.

yep, or rather anyone remotely competent who also has the approval of the party machine. there's some solid candidates outside the party but they get cut off at the knees

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Freaquency posted:

There must be some sort of cosmic rule that prevents the mayor of NYC from being a normal human being.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1407458472875249672

(note the date)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The funniest thing Eric Adams has done, imo, was when a Israeli interviewer asked him his thoughts on Israel, Eric said he loved it so much he is planning on moving there after retirement, when the interviewer asked where in Israel Eric replied the Golan Heights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

It was inevitable the chat thread would lose more than pets and relatives.

Please don’t be that guy.