Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

oh sidem is still going, huh that's

wait a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Aurora posted:

it's pretty good til the final arc

The red light arc is the worst part

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

is it

i like the wives and crossdressing shenanigans

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

dogsicle posted:

is it

i like the wives and crossdressing shenanigans

New thread title please

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Chat Thread XXVII: is it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is the chat thread, yes

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

The entire point of power levels narratively is *that* they're useless. They're meant to show that the saiyans and the frieza force don't have true mastery of ki. That's why they're surprised by the good guys being able to change and hide their power levels. Frieza's goons don't understand that you can manipulate your ki, they simply think it's meant to be going full power all the time. It's inefficient and a sign they have no actual spiritual or mental connection to their strength, they just punch hard. Goku, through training with Roshi, Korin, Kami, and King Kai, has attained complete mastery of his ki, allowing him to surprise his opponents, catch them off-guard, and save his strength for key bursts of power via stuff like the kaioken. Plus use techniques like the Spirit Bomb, which lets him use other people (and things) ki as a resource, saving his energy. You can see this in the fight with Vegeta, they're evenly matched but Goku is able to get the upper hand due to spiking his ki up at critical moments.

Even Yajirobe shows some mastery of this since he manages to use a burst of speed to catch Vegeta offguard and cut his tail. It's not really meant to show how strong characters actually are, it's meant to show that the earthlings win even though they're 'weaker' because they're true martial artists instead of just brutes.

yeah. it's good. dragon ball: it's good

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hello

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

The entire point of power levels narratively is *that* they're useless. They're meant to show that the saiyans and the frieza force don't have true mastery of ki. That's why they're surprised by the good guys being able to change and hide their power levels. Frieza's goons don't understand that you can manipulate your ki, they simply think it's meant to be going full power all the time. It's inefficient and a sign they have no actual spiritual or mental connection to their strength, they just punch hard. Goku, through training with Roshi, Korin, Kami, and King Kai, has attained complete mastery of his ki, allowing him to surprise his opponents, catch them off-guard, and save his strength for key bursts of power via stuff like the kaioken. Plus use techniques like the Spirit Bomb, which lets him use other people (and things) ki as a resource, saving his energy. You can see this in the fight with Vegeta, they're evenly matched but Goku is able to get the upper hand due to spiking his ki up at critical moments.

Even Yajirobe shows some mastery of this since he manages to use a burst of speed to catch Vegeta offguard and cut his tail. It's not really meant to show how strong characters actually are, it's meant to show that the earthlings win even though they're 'weaker' because they're true martial artists instead of just brutes.

Dragon Ball kicks rear end.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

kirbysuperstar posted:

oh sidem is still going, huh that's

wait a second

Still going, in the sense they killed their first mobage and made a new one

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Shortest Path posted:

Dragon Ball kicks rear end.

I love that DBZ might be Shonen but its main characters are parents who might as well be in their mid 40s by anime standards. It's refreshing, even if it fucks over Gohan's chance to be the main protagonist.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Whenever Goku's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Goku?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Shortest Path posted:

Whenever Goku's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Goku?"

Except most of the time they're savvy enough to know he's coming and they just waffle for time.

Or they let Frieza get the poo poo kicked out of him for several hours while Goku and Vegeta keep loving up the fusion dance. That was by far the best part of the Super Broly movie.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

The red light arc is the worst part

the fight is good, i will agree that the beginning is slow and sucks and the wacky crossdressing is bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

I love that DBZ might be Shonen but its main characters are parents who might as well be in their mid 40s by anime standards. It's refreshing, even if it fucks over Gohan's chance to be the main protagonist.

The new movie coming out is focusing on Gohan and Piccolo, which is great

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

it's mima!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Still going, in the sense they killed their first mobage and made a new one

Well, the first one is still around which is what that event is from, they killed the second one/first rhythm game one.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the sjws in the white bitch forest

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hope English enstars adds something fun to the meme pile

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

the sjws in the white bitch forest

well speaking of dead mobage

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Endorph posted:

Yajirobe can also fly without the aid of a jet pack so he has one up on Mister Satan.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yajirobe is on par with goku when he first shows up. He’s just devoted to taking it easy and hanging out with a cat instead of training

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yajirobe can't fly either.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did Videl ever learn how to blow up a planet like everyone else except for Yamcha and Chiaotzu?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hi chat thread, I like idols

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yamcha most certainly can blow up planets. chiaotzu probably can't?

videl never really learned ki attacks and wasn't able to beat up spopovich so i'm going to say she can't blow up planets

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Aurora posted:

yajirobe can't fly either.

Yeah he does, in the frieza arc he rescues bulma and someone else i can't remember. And he complains about it and bulma gives the comedic retort

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Yeah he does, in the frieza arc he rescues bulma and someone else i can't remember. And he complains about it and bulma gives the comedic retort

yajirobe is not on namek my dude

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

no. that's gohan you dumb bitch

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aurora posted:

yamcha most certainly can blow up planets. chiaotzu probably can't?

videl never really learned ki attacks and wasn't able to beat up spopovich so i'm going to say she can't blow up planets

I didn't watch Super so if they ever decided to have Videl back as a character and do training, I'd have no idea. I saw the Ultra Instinct clips, and that was it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

she hasn't done anything except provide herself during the super saiyan god ritual when they needed a sixth saiyan (pregnant with pan)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

are the euphonium recap movies good at being recap movies?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

kater posted:

are the euphonium recap movies good at being recap movies?

you should watch the show. watch it

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Nyoro posted:

Hi chat thread, I like idols

:wave:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I want to watch something but I have no idea what I want to watch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watch Beastars

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

https://www.randomanime.org/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Check out Aggretsuko or the Dragon Quest Anime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fwiw when i went there it was Tanaka is Always Listless, which was a fairly liked seasonal sol/comedy about a lazy boy, his friend who carries him places, a tiny annoying(?) cute girl, and a delinquent looking girl among others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

fwiw when i went there it was Tanaka is Always Listless, which was a fairly liked seasonal sol/comedy about a lazy boy, his friend who carries him places, a tiny annoying(?) cute girl, and a delinquent looking girl among others

seems to be the same for everyone

here's another randomizer tho https://spin.moe/