Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread rule: Don't talk about v-tubers or post their content here. I will probate you.

Welcome to 2022.

Julias fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFDK_TiMwkM

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I don't recognize any chat thread not made by Namtab.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hello

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Kitttsune/status/1477336682705915905?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't get blown to Oz by a tornado today so we're off to a promising start :toot:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Happy new year Julias, please punish the people who do nothing but drop vtuber links in here thank you

also punish people who edit their posts to reply to people who have posted after them. stop loving doing that just post again for gently caress's sakes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

How dare you close my chat thread, you will pay for this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Namtab posted:

How dare you close my chat thread, you will pay for this

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kirbysuperstar posted:

Happy new year Julias, please punish the people who do nothing but drop vtuber links in here thank you

also punish people who edit their posts to reply to people who have posted after them. stop loving doing that just post again for gently caress's sakes

It turns out posts are a finite source, and if we burn through too many of them there won't be any more posts available :ohdear:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

for once ignorance truly is bliss :v:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Obligatory post on the first page

Also mods should be barred from being the OP of chat threads. Chat threads are for the people and should be by the people.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

littleorv posted:

Also mods should be barred from being the OP of chat threads. Chat threads are for the people and should be by the people.

This tbh.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ground floor of a legendary thread.

EDIT: I don't mind having mods make the chat thread if it's to put an explicit rule in the first post.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
chat thread ops should be strictly once per user imo

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the chat threads have been nationalized and the boot of the state is stomping my typing hands. my people yearn for freedom mr kishida

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

chat thread ops should be strictly once per user imo

what happens when everyone has had a turn

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

then the desired end goal is at hand

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

Fair tbh. I'll leave them to you all in the future.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Is there a more relatable anime arc than Sakaki's quest to get a pet cat?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

then the last thread goes on until either a new member shows up or it breaks the forums

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

animiniminime

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

then we all draw straws and a new batch of mods are sworn in

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some more info on the upcoming Urusei Yatsura reboot:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-12-31/new-urusei-yatsura-anime-teaser-unveils-cast-david-production-staff-1-year-length/.181156

Also as I mentioned in the last thread, according to the official Twitter account they're "animating select episodes from the manga” and the feed has the name UY_allstars. So it’s not so much a complete edition as it is a best hits version

A pity that Ataru will no longer be voiced by Piccolo though

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 2, 2022

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
remember when one of the Nichijou character songs was Mio talking about how dumb Yukko is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ujh4Rh_G8

also pyon eh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIKQKIL2ww

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my toes are cold

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i like anime and i like posting. here is to another fun year of posting about anime with friends (the friends are you reading this)

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

i have nothing to add to this conversation except this: there's no hyphen in vtuber. Please stop hyphenating vtuber. Thank you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Some more info on the upcoming Urusei Yatsura reboot:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-12-31/new-urusei-yatsura-anime-teaser-unveils-cast-david-production-staff-1-year-length/.181156

Also as I mentioned in the last thread, according to the official Twitter account they're "animating select episodes from the manga” and the feed has the name UY_allstars. So it’s not so much a complete edition as it is a best hits version

A pity that Ataru will no longer be voiced by Piccolo though

Understandable, I don't think they'd do a series the length of a full adaptation in this era of mostly 1 or 2 cour stuff.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Understandable, I don't think they'd do a series the length of a full adaptation in this era of mostly 1 or 2 cour stuff.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why they’re reviving UY all of a sudden (like is this year a major anniversary for the series or something)?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

first

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm cool with new UY being a best-of since if it covered the whole thing but more accurate to the manga the weaker eps would really shine a light on how good a lot of the changes Oshii and his crew made were. Not to diss the original manga of course, just that a lot of the changed stuff benefitted the anime specifically (not to mention it gives a good reason to check out both).

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Wtf I love Julias now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why they’re reviving UY all of a sudden (like is this year a major anniversary for the series or something)?

Last year was the 40th anniversary of the original anime I guess.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mostly i think people bristle at the commerciality of reviving UY like this, not helped by it coming in the door with the rumors of troubled production at davidpro both for it and what we can obv see with the ongoing Stone Ocean adaptation

giving an established property to new blood always carries a chance to produce exciting stuff, but i guess i'm really feeling the misgivings even as someone barely versed in either OG UY

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

There is a strong chance this could very much be Sailor Moon Crystal season 1 again, especially since I think this is getting made not just for nostalgia crowds but also cause Rumiko probably wants a series closer to her vision

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wonder if they’ll ever go back and finish Ranma 1/2 in animated form one day in that case

Also out of curiosity, is Rumiko still working on a manga of some kind these days (also how’s her post-Inuyasha stuff)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Her current series is MAO, which is what if Inuyasha but Taisho