Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I love that DBZ might be Shonen but its main characters are parents who might as well be in their mid 40s by anime standards. It's refreshing, even if it fucks over Gohan's chance to be the main protagonist.
on the other hand the new broly movie doesnt work as well when you remember that broly is like 47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

on the other hand the new broly movie doesnt work as well when you remember that broly is like 47

that makes it even better actually

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

especially when you look at the dokkan lr card of him with cheelai and lemo where he's doing the ok hand confusedly

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

here's another randomizer tho https://spin.moe/

this rules

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is never a period in your life that isn't ruled by severe brain problems of some sort and Broly is here to remind us of that

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i trust broly more than goku

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

fwiw when i went there it was Tanaka is Always Listless, which was a fairly liked seasonal sol/comedy about a lazy boy, his friend who carries him places, a tiny annoying(?) cute girl, and a delinquent looking girl among others

When I clicked your link I also got Tanaka Kun :tinfoil:

E: oh there's a "random anime of the day" that's why.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is there a randomizer that doesn't require me to log in

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
it doesnt need any login, just set the condition to random

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I just started Lucky Star on a whim, and I'm confused. I thought it was a magical girl show for some reason, but I'm guessing it was a gag manga and not especially serialized in nature? I've never read one of those, but that's my impression from the first episode.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is a slice of life show where the girls have conversations about otaku culture and various other tropes common in japanese media and there are hijinks here and there.

It's anime seinfeld

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The most ongoing storyline it has is the post episode bit where the talk show host girl abuses her cohost and watching his slowly draining patience until he finally breaks otherwise it is entirely self contained in every episode aside from the occasional running gag

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aurora posted:

yamcha most certainly can blow up planets. chiaotzu probably can't?

videl never really learned ki attacks and wasn't able to beat up spopovich so i'm going to say she can't blow up planets

I want everyone to be planet killing capable, tho.:smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

surf rock posted:

I just started Lucky Star on a whim, and I'm confused. I thought it was a magical girl show for some reason, but I'm guessing it was a gag manga and not especially serialized in nature? I've never read one of those, but that's my impression from the first episode.
were you thinking of splash star because that is also an anime from 2006 with star in the name that is a magical girl show

and yeah, lucky star is a gag manga. its extremely formative for a lot of late 2000s/2010s otaku culture but its pretty obscure these days, minus the op being a meme for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xMgJedN2s

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh yeah i guess that's an AOTD thing, the actual randomizing stuff is further down lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

The most ongoing storyline it has is the post episode bit where the talk show host girl abuses her cohost and watching his slowly draining patience until he finally breaks otherwise it is entirely self contained in every episode aside from the occasional running gag

the most ongoing storyline is kagami admitting shes a lesbian fujoshi

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wow there was an entire other page

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

the most ongoing storyline is kagami admitting shes a lesbian fujoshi

this is only as ongoing as the particular episode allows, but yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

this is only as ongoing as the particular episode allows, but yes
it is a background plot element, you simply did not notice the subtle storytelling (the one episode where you can see her glancing over at an itsuki cosplayer with his arm around a kyon cosplayer's shoulders)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

remember that stupid loving cat comic that one guy would post

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

it doesnt need any login, just set the condition to random

oh ok

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you mean this one?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stair is this the one you mean

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

snail you're punishing all of us for this

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

not sure

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aurora posted:

snail you're punishing all of us for this
itd be really hosed up if i posted one on every page, beginning from chapter 1, as i have

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

homeless snail posted:

you mean this one?

I think he means Garfield.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh I got you
*posts tomo-chan*

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

remember that stupid loving cat comic that one guy would post

yeah there's nothing worse than a guy making the same posts about cats over and over

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

itd be really hosed up if i posted one on every page, beginning from chapter 1, as i have

tearfully pulling back the slide on my gun

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

marumaru
May 20, 2013

homeless snail posted:

you mean this one?

dude what the gently caress

marumaru
May 20, 2013

homeless snail posted:

stair is this the one you mean

oh ok

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

you mean this one?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

shouldve alpha countered

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

homeless snail posted:

hell, we could all use a little mundane regularity in our lives, so I think that would be a good thing for everyone. imo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wonder cat kyuu-chan without kyuu-chan