Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

five is probably too complicated to be the best jumping off point, though. it's not hard but you do have to make a lot of choices. i gotta admit that you can pretty easily get through 4 by selecting "equip optimum" and pressing Q in any non-boss combat for a lot of the game.

Oh yeah it’s definitely the kind of game where you forget everything about it if you even look away too long. I’m not much a sucker for chronological order, since they pretty much all go in wild directions after four, but five should probably be played later I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

6 has a breakdown of everything that happened in 3 and 4 so that basically counts as those old engine every enemy blocks too much games as beat. stay mad bitch

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
My real gaming goal is everyone getting along and having a fun time :)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[Skipping to the end of the sopranos] Whatever, I got the point with toby's flashbacks and Melnie and his relationship

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

looking at the haruka request list, new goals: learn how to play the hanafuda games and mahjong

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

[Skipping to the end of the sopranos] Whatever, I got the point with toby's flashbacks and Melnie and his relationship

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
John Dimaggio is also https://youtu.be/-_ZHeJWv_Qs?t=1260

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
5 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 2. The PR for 2 is fine (except the final dungeon) but don't play the original version.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

For one of my 2022 gaming goals I might try some "challenge runs" of old games. The last time I tried one was the Low Level Natural Magic run in FF6 (as in, no learning magic with magicite) and I got stuck at the airship battle before the floating continent and gave up. I was thinking of trying Kingdom Hearts level 1 challenge since it's built into the game.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kongming posted:

For one of my 2022 gaming goals I might try some "challenge runs" of old games. The last time I tried one was the Low Level Natural Magic run in FF6 (as in, no learning magic with magicite) and I got stuck at the airship battle before the floating continent and gave up. I was thinking of trying Kingdom Hearts level 1 challenge since it's built into the game.

Iirc the kh lvl1 isn't as bad as it seems cause they still scale soras damage so fights don't take forever. You just don't get sick abilities

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

My real gaming goal is everyone getting along and having a fun time :)

im going to kick your rear end

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bob skipped all the middle Yakuza games. He's retarded.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Weaponizing tidus laugh has been some of the most fun ive had on this forum.
Also the japanese version they sound like birds

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

4 is probably the best ff to start with i think, its very easy and straightforward and i wouldnt want to play it after any of the more mechanical ones. 1 is good for the same reason but its a nes game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

but also theres no wrong one after 2 or 3 they all kick rear end

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Played though 8 for the first time last year and loved it. Gonna try work through some more I haven't played before this year as well as some I have. I think I played 7 till near the end, 7 remake fully, 8 9 10 12 fully and half of 13.

Have 1 on my iPad so need to play that finally.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i never actually finished ff4 so i'd probably start with the pixel remaster of that one. too bad the switch isn't powerful enough to run them.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ArfJason posted:

Weaponizing tidus laugh has been some of the most fun ive had on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEM2jvNliZM

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Would like to get a Switch this year

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
final fantasy 4 is better than 1-3, which are all bad. thanks.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mysterious loyall X posted:

final fantasy 4 is better than 1-3, which are all bad. thanks.

The remakes of 1 are good fun if basic and easy to break.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIrfUHDWjA

been stuck in my head all day

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Don't really have any steady goals this year, except maybe finishing my Witcher 3 playthrough I started literally years ago in an old Imp Zone simulplay thread. I loaded it up a few days ago after coming home pissed out of my gourd and almost threw up because of how sensitive the camera was.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Don't really have any steady goals this year, except maybe finishing my Witcher 3 playthrough I started literally years ago in an old Imp Zone simulplay thread. I loaded it up a few days ago after coming home pissed out of my gourd and almost threw up because of how sensitive the camera was.

2k18 Witcher 3 run was epic for me. I hope you can finish it someday, because it owns balls.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

2k18 Witcher 3 run was epic for me. I hope you can finish it someday, because it owns balls.

This was almost certainly the thread I was following along. I’m fairly far in and was only really interrupted by being separated from my pc when I was shipping it around.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This was almost certainly the thread I was following along. I’m fairly far in and was only really interrupted by being separated from my pc when I was shipping it around.

you should def finish the run dude, W3 is insanely long, but if you can remember even a small fraction of it you'll be fine

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
my goal is to be more comfy while gaming. I'm a habitual floor gamer when it comes to consoles, and the chair I use for my PC came out of a dumpster at an office complex 8 years ago, but I'm not 20 anymore. Being uncomfortable has cut many of my recent gaming sessions short and I need to rectify that. I need a big rear end beanbag chair or something and a proper office chair that won't gently caress up my stupid back over long periods of time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what's a floor gamer. do u just lie on the floor like an animal

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

what's a floor gamer. do u just lie on the floor like an animal

noob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017