Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Phuzzy posted:

I didn't watch WK, does Narita still look like a 20 years younger Shibata?

that he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Seriously it was like watching a fighting game where both players have selected the same guy.

(it was also really loving good and Narita looked great)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, if you're paying attention, sure, you can tell Narita's not going anywhere near the head, and didn't even get off the belly-to-belly suplex, but the story was him giving Shibata a run for his money until the last couple of minutes when the master just outlasted the pupil and beat the young man to death.

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021
Big brain take on AEW running the west coast later this year:

quote:

Business wise, wasn't the theory that the poor ratings for the live West Coast feed hurting the Dynamite rating? Why would you run where the interest is lower and reward the fans for not tuning in?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Grecco/status/1478829966594871297?s=20

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Nao Ishikawa vs the Bucks?

I thought this was the bad takes thread.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Power Windows posted:

Nao Ishikawa vs the Bucks?

I thought this was the bad takes thread.

Stalker vs Cutler is the only match I care about

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/seahawkstml/status/1478913609283559425
https://twitter.com/KevinC1347/status/1478917021110882305

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Literally came here to post that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's not your classic bad take but even as someone who likes Marko, it's wild that someone would think and post this

https://twitter.com/wylddstallyns/status/1478924643062923266?s=20

I'M LITERALLY SOBBING

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's not your classic bad take but even as someone who likes Marko, it's wild that someone would think and post this

I'M LITERALLY SOBBING

"my current hyperfixiations are bill and ted, the lost boys, and aew"

That ones gonna be a wild ride. I wish them well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/borisluchas/status/1478659989430538244

Check the bio for a treat.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/borisluchas/status/1478814536580968448?t=WrhYyW_2CVtSg4kJMTjyBw&s=19

What

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol bron has maybe a 20% chance at lasting 6 months on the main roster and melo a 0% chance, he's 5'10

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol bron has maybe a 20% chance at lasting 6 months on the main roster and melo a 0% chance, he's 5'10

Bron is the most born ready WWE guy they've had since debut Brock, and i don't say that lightly. It's going to be amazing to see how they gently caress it up.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'M LITERALLY SOBBING

I mean this is fine? This is the kind of exaggerated rhetoric you see from stan culture all the time lmao. Let zoomer stans mark out in their own way, even if it's Extremely Cringe like this.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'M LITERALLY SOBBING

I think this person is using hyperbole

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Thanks for the spoilers

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

It is a shame Marko's not there any more.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Check the bio for a treat.

JORDAN BELFORT!?! :stonk:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'M LITERALLY SOBBING

I really appreciate that you let those of us who hadn't had a chance to watch the show live what the outcome of the main event was. Cheers, mate.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

Thanks for the spoilers

What bad takes were you expecting immediately after the aew show that didn't have anything to do about aew? I get it if it was the wwe thread but come on

Edit: I had the first hangman/danielson match spoiled that it was going an hour in the wwe thread. That annoyed me. This is the thread where something happens and you laugh at the stupid reactions people have. It's not the same thing right? Am I crazy?

Sex Farm fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 6, 2022

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shame on you guys for spoiling that match that aired on live television 7 hours ago

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Poasty posted:

What bad takes were you expecting immediately after the aew show that didn't have anything to do about aew? I get it if it was the wwe thread but come on

Edit: I had the first hangman/danielson match spoiled that it was going an hour in the wwe thread. That annoyed me. This is the thread where something happens and you laugh at the stupid reactions people have. It's not the same thing right? Am I crazy?

How hard is it to just put it behind spoiler tags? It should be a courtesy to put something that spoils the outcome of something that is less than 12 hours or so old behind spoiler tags, mate.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

shame on you guys for spoiling that match that aired on live television 7 hours ago

You are so going to poo poo when you discover that there are different timezones.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jan 6, 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

edogawa rando posted:

You are so going to poo poo when you discover that there are different timezones.

he went to poo poo quite a while ago.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

How do people dodge spoilers on social media all day and then get surprised that the wrestling nerds are posting about the popular wrestling show in the wrestling forum?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

How hard is it to just put it behind spoiler tags? It should be a courtesy to put something that spoils the outcome of something that is less than 12 hours or so old behind spoiler tags, mate.

How hard is it to not go into the "people overreacting to wrestling" thread immediately after a wrestling event you don't want spoiled? Impossible to say!

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
We are 'this' close to people in this forum screencapping eachother's posts for this thread and getting probated.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Yeah bad judgment by me

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Poasty posted:

How hard is it to not go into the "people overreacting to wrestling" thread immediately after a wrestling event you don't want spoiled? Impossible to say!

Putting something behind spoiler tags outside of the spoilers thread for people who hadn't had a chance to view the thing people are overreacting to is literally impossible, apparently.If only there were some sort of tag that could be used to put such things behind a black bar which obscures the text.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I've ever seen anything spoiler tagged in this thread. We'd have to tag the whole thing, it's always spoilers.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anything spoiler tagged in this thread. We'd have to tag the whole thing, it's always spoilers.

So what exactly is the harm in erring on the side of caution and spoiler-tagging something that gives away the outcome of a broadcast that not everyone has had a chance to view? Because the way some people are getting offended at the very suggestion, apparently it is a very bad thing.

The poo poo takes still get posted, and people won't have stuff spoiled. What's the problem I'm missing?

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 6, 2022

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Saw a bunch of new posts and thought I'd get some cool bad takes I can look at to feel smart about myself instead we get the spoiler discourse from the feedback thread a few weeks ago again.

Some people just don't care about spoilers at all and think everyone who would like to go into a show blind is a nerd and needs a wedgie. I'll just say that those are weirdos with no regard for the experience of others because it's really easy to just not.

That said, I usually don't care about spoilers too much, with some exceptions. But when I go into this thread I expect spoilers so when I get spoiled that's mea culpa.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

So what exactly is the harm in erring on the side of caution and spoiler-tagging something that gives away the outcome of a broadcast that not everyone has had a chance to view? Because the way some people are getting offended at the very suggestion, apparently it is a very bad thing.

The poo poo takes still get posted, and people won't have stuff spoiled. What's the problem I'm missing?

What's the cut off, though? Do we still tag this match tomorrow because someone was saving it for the weekend? Typically the assumption with widely available tv is it's no longer s spoiler after airing, any more than the score for a football game is after the game has ended.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Typically the assumption with widely available tv is it's no longer s spoiler after airing, any more than the score for a football game is after the game has ended.

lol

You know other timezones exist right? At the earliest, I can watch dynamite 14 hours after it finished airing due to sleep and work. Generally giving it a day would be nice.

That said, I still don't care about if it's done in this thread or not, I read it fully aware that something might come up. And sometimes I don't read it. Depends on how excited I am to see something without knowing how it ends.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FullMetalJackoff posted:

We are 'this' close to people in this forum screencapping eachother's posts for this thread and getting probated.

Gonna screencap this post so hard

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Get a load of this guy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IGgy IGsen posted:

Get a load of this guy

Lol loser

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That guy's a moron. Wrestling is great, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Hey people, it's me, the person who made this post. If you look at the timestamp you'll see I made this in June. Since then opinions have changed. I'm a different man now and I was a fool to think wrestling is good. Please respect my privacy.