Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That Silver Sable project appears to be dead

They’re struggling because they mostly have access to just the Spider-Man stuff and while they were able to make Venom successful, it is looking like an uphill battle for anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

It feels like a Black Cat movie would do really well but the rest of the Spider-Man stuff couldn't possibly work on its own.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They had better be taking that time to retool the character to have those weird hand vaginas from the cartoon and have him talk about plasma.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Jerkface posted:

On the Tv side there is an episode of The Mandalorian from Season 2 that I think is a great stealth prototype for a Warhammer 40k TV show. Chapter 13: The Jedi has an ashen forest world with some rebreather equipped troopers shooting blasters and they basically look like 40k guardsmen/traitor guard types. The VOLUME could be a huge asset to filming a 40k show, and I think the aesthetic could really work for a guard or inquisitor type show. Check it out and see if you agree there, its all I could think of watching it.

You can see this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21rhQcclCE0

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

At the end of Carnage didn't they teleport Eddie Brock into the MCU?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fried Watermelon posted:

At the end of Carnage didn't they teleport Eddie Brock into the MCU?

At the end of spider man they teleported him back lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah he showed up just long enough to drop of some venom goo for future movie use.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Jerkface posted:

At the end of spider man they teleported him back lol

Venom/Brock spending the whole movie getting drunk in a hotel bar until it's time for the movie to end and go home is my favorite gag in the movie

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Venom/Brock spending the whole movie getting drunk in a hotel bar until it's time for the movie to end and go home is my favorite gag in the movie

Especially having him teleport right after the stinger of something like "Maybe I need to go to New York and check out this Spider-Man." But yeah, Chekov's Goo.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm gonna level with all of you, I haven't stuck around for the post-credit scenes of any movie since Ant-Man and the Wasp.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The only one that was worthwhile at all is the Peggy Carter one that set up the show

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Especially having him teleport right after the stinger of something like "Maybe I need to go to New York and check out this Spider-Man." But yeah, Chekov's Goo.

But they had a higher priority: skinny dipping.

Honestly loved that bit, it just actually feels true to the characters. A big point in Venom 2 is that Eddie and Venom kinda swapped the roles of the responsible and the whim-driven one, and end up reconciling enough in the end, and either way as far as they know they're not in a huge hurry to travel across a continent to meet this new Spider-man even if they feel inexplicably drawn to him. Also, Venom has figured out how to party human style and he likes it.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jan 5, 2022

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

The only one that was worthwhile at all is the Peggy Carter one that set up the show

They need to bring back Agent Carter :colbert:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Truth! If Chris Evans ever gets tired of not getting Cap money, doing an Agent Carter movie or series continuation with time-travelled Rogers as her sidekick would be perfect :allears:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Could've been fun to have Topher Grace sitting next to him.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Robot Style posted:

Could've been fun to have Topher Grace sitting next to him.

And Hugh Jackman.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

feedmyleg posted:

Truth! If Chris Evans ever gets tired of not getting Cap money, doing an Agent Carter movie or series continuation with time-travelled Rogers as her sidekick would be perfect :allears:

They should get Reb Brown though if they ever need to show Old Cap again.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

feedmyleg posted:

Hell, that wasn't even a post credits; it was a dvd extra.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

When I saw Seven Psychopaths the credits had started rolling and I was almost out to door because I had to pee bad. Then the mid-credits scene starts.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://twitter.com/MikeJudge/status/1478562912113508352

Hmmm.... dunno if they are really going to be old or if it is just a bit of the film. Either way, more Beavis and Butt-Head

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
do the kids even know about beavis and butthead?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

do the kids even know about beavis and butthead?

I am going to guess this is nostalgia bait for Gen-X and Millennials? How well received was the new series that came out a couple (?) years ago? B&B seems like one of those properties that is so firmly rooted in the culture of the 90's that it doesn't work elsewhere.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MH Knights posted:

I am going to guess this is nostalgia bait for Gen-X and Millennials? How well received was the new series that came out a couple (?) years ago? B&B seems like one of those properties that is so firmly rooted in the culture of the 90's that it doesn't work elsewhere.
It was 2011, you’re in a time warp. I didn’t watch it so I don’t know.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I don't remember if it did numbers, but it was certainly well-received in my house

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MH Knights posted:

B&B was mainly a Gen X thing. I'm an older millenial and I was very young when that show was on the air.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think when they brought it back it was good, but unfortunately no one in the target demo watches MTV ever so I think it kinda languished.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Beavis and Butthead aged up to their current age range is what I wanted from the 2010 reboot so I was disappointed when it happened and they were still in high school. The show didn't skip a beat and was hilarious so I didn't mind much. I'm glad this is being rectified.

They shouldn't have put it back on MTV, it's not like they didn't have other networks they could have put it on. I guess this is a benefit of having the catch all streaming service today.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
live action Beavis and Butthead

coming to Netflix

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

live action Beavis and Butthead

coming to Netflix

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I assume it had to go on MTV, the couch segments (where they watched then-current MTV reality shows) probably couldn't be included on other viacom networks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do hope they go 'We are so old'.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tars Tarkas posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeJudge/status/1478562912113508352

Hmmm.... dunno if they are really going to be old or if it is just a bit of the film. Either way, more Beavis and Butt-Head

Looks pretty ragged for people in their early 40s

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Looks pretty ragged for people in their early 40s

There's no way in hell they've lived the healthiest of lives.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

What in the world?

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1478755080769875970

Was not what I was expecting to be rebooted/sequeled

Also remember Step by Step?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOeZRTR7MPA

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tars Tarkas posted:

What in the world?

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1478755080769875970

Was not what I was expecting to be rebooted/sequeled

Also remember Step by Step?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOeZRTR7MPA

I had to read up the plot summaries and I just realised my memory has conflated Eraser, End of Days and The 6th Day into one single film

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I had to read up the plot summaries and I just realised my memory has conflated Eraser, End of Days and The 6th Day into one single film

Yeah, the mid 90's weren't exactly arnies best. I remember the film being a bit of a forgettable flop, but apparently it made 240 million world wide off a 100 million budget, so small success. I guess.

Honestly the main reason rebooting it seems so weird is just because the plot was so generic and forgettable... like why?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Eraser had the rail gun fight and I think Vanessa Williams but I don't remember the plot at all

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The plot is that Arnie is a super-special agent who, get this, gets betrayed by his boss.

A story so nice, you've got to tell it twice.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Grendels Dad posted:

The plot is that Arnie is a super-special agent who, get this, gets betrayed by his boss.

A story so nice, you've got to tell it twice.

I seem to recall that a crocodile was involved at some stage, but I can't remember how, and it was probably incidental.

Should of made the crock the protagonist anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
The mid-career Arnie movies all kind of run together, but each of them has at least something that sticks in my head. I couldn't tell you the plot of Eraser, but I do remember that they introduce these rail-guns in the first act and the entire rest of the movie you are sitting in the audience asking, "When does Arnie get the rail-gun?" Then in the climax he does not get one, but TWO rail-guns which he duel wields, and the movie does not skimp on having fun with Arnie and his double rail-guns.

EDIT: The rail-guns have nothing to do with the plot of the movie. It's literally about Arnold acting as some kind of witness protection agent protecting a woman that's "seen too much" or something. The rail-guns are introduced and you realize that they are literally just something that exists so that Arnold gets to shoot rail-guns in Act 3.

Anonymous Zebra fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 6, 2022