Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

that's better use for them than bonfires imo

Several hundred years from now, Unionists will build a COVID hospital every year and then burn it on the 12th but will not be able to explain why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Barry Foster posted:

I don't trust the government at all, about anything, including covid.

I do trust the NHS.

Why? The NHS has hosed up quite a lot during the last couple years.

Respect for the workers but the organisation is hosed

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Failed Imagineer posted:

Several hundred years from now, Unionists will build a COVID hospital every year and then burn it on the 12th but will not be able to explain why
Several hundred years from now, Unionists will still be called "Unionists" but will not be able to explain why

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Borrovan posted:

Several hundred years from now, Unionists will still be called "Unionists" but will not be able to explain why

All we know is that the Big Drum will still be there, possibly even Bigger

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Again, 2.9 million people died in the US that year, it's not just "anyone who got the vaccine and died".

It also doesn't mean it was proven and even less so the only cause (the website lists only 9 cases where otherwise healthy people died of it, mostly due to blood clots).

Listen, I am pushing back on you here because you are specifically pushing anti-vaccine propaganda that the CDC has in any way made a claim that those were deaths due to the vaccine. Anyone who dies after receiving a vaccine must be logged in VAERS, which is not a verification site. The CDC has, at every opportunity to declare a causal link, refused to do so.

In this article https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/28/fact-check-covid-19-vaers-death-reports-not-verified/7587577002/ , for instance, people like yourself are specifically called out:

quote:

“Statements that imply that deaths following vaccination equate to deaths caused by vaccination are scientifically inaccurate, misleading, and irresponsible,” Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Immunization Safety Office, told USA TODAY in an email.

Stop pushing a lie. These lies kill people.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Communist Thoughts posted:

Of course, and I don't necessarily trust them on a lot of stuff. For example, I think that in terms of mental health the NHS isn't just desperately underprovisioned, I also think that it massively overuses SSRIs as first line pharmaceutical treatments when there are other meds with similar or better efficacy and much better side effects. It's dumb and archaic and has caused me all sorts of trouble. But I still have some residual trust in the NHS regardless.

Whereas I wouldn't trust the government if they told me water was wet

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

yeah this is how i feel having worked for a health trust. so many poo poo for brains senior managers loving up everything they lay eyes on and rewarding themselves greatly for doing so

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

How many of those examples were not the result of Government pressure either directly or through funding.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Clearly it's not everyone - if 2.9 million people died in the US and most people received the vaccine, then the number who died - at some point - after getting the vaccines would also be a lot higher than 10k.

Nevermind I don't care enough to argue, but it's not as simple as if you got in a car crash 2 months after getting the vaccine you are counted either.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 6, 2022

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Clearly it's not everyone - if 2.9 million people died and most people received the vaccine, then the number would also be a lot higher.

VAERS only requires those who die within 7 days of inoculation.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Tesseraction posted:

VAERS only requires those who die within 7 days of inoculation.

Where is that from? But I suppose that explains it, sorry.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Combine NI unionists pallet building skills with NHS field hospitals.

Nightingale crematoria.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The UK has our own scheme about reporting health issues after vaccination including the covid ones called Yellow Card. Perhaps it would be better using our figures considering the vast health and vaccine differences between the UK and USA?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-card-reporting

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Remember the outcry a few months ago when a judge decided not to jail a neo-Nazi who downloaded 70,000 white supremacist documents and bomb-making manuals, and ordered him to read some classic literature instead? Well, good news everyone:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Where is that from? But I suppose that explains it, sorry.

Annoyingly they've not put it down in writing but if you go here

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/hcproviders/reportingadverseevents.html

quote:

What to Report After Any Vaccination

Healthcare providers are required by law to report to VAERS:

* Any adverse event listed in the VAERS Table of Reportable Events Following Vaccination pdf icon[PDF – 5 pages]external icon that occurs within the specified time period after vaccination
* Any adverse event listed by the vaccine manufacturer as a contraindication to further doses of the vaccine

you'll see from the PDF that all other vaccines have a 7 day window to report death from a vaccine. Longer window for other side-effects.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Apraxin posted:

Remember the outcry a few months ago when a judge decided not to jail a neo-Nazi who downloaded 70,000 white supremacist documents and bomb-making manuals, and ordered him to read some classic literature instead? Well, good news everyone:

I'm picturing David Hyde-Pierce as the judge here and none of you can stop me

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Says here that you like white pride and being prejudiced. Well have I got the book just for you kid.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Tesseraction posted:

Annoyingly they've not put it down in writing but if you go here

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/hcproviders/reportingadverseevents.html

you'll see from the PDF that all other vaccines have a 7 day window to report death from a vaccine. Longer window for other side-effects.

I guess that's fair enough.

They probably shouldn't put the number front-and-centre like that though, or be more clear what it includes (particularly if even the time range is not specified directly).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Apraxin posted:

69,999 pdfs about the innate superiority of the aryan race, the white genocide, the great replacement, the international jew, the protocols of zion, and the necessity of immediate armed resistance: a matter of opinion

1 lovely book about how to set your own dick on fire trying to make a landmine: prison suspended sentence and jane austen

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Jesus loving christ the graun has some awful new clickbait

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jan/06/dining-across-the-divide-i-thought-she-was-going-to-be-an-over-the-top-liberal

quote:

Dining across the divide: ‘I thought she was going to be an over-the-top liberal’

Uhhh, nice electoral journey there James. I'm also shocked, I tell you, shocked, that a woman who voted UKIP once isn't an "over the top liberal".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"we set two brexit voters up on a date"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lord of the Llamas posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jan/06/dining-across-the-divide-i-thought-she-was-going-to-be-an-over-the-top-liberal

Uhhh, nice electoral journey there James. I'm also shocked, I tell you, shocked, that a woman who voted UKIP once isn't an "over the top liberal".

James, 24, Rochdale, reveal yourself itt

E: pro-Brexit, anti-borders Tory LibDem is certainly an ideological position tho

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 6, 2022

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Lord of the Llamas posted:

I don't know, I think his beard is pretty amusing and unusual

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Zalakwe posted:

Good news everyone! Starmer has blocked the Conservatives every exit - they are now stuck in Government!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/06/starmer-lawyer-johnson-labour-leader-conservatives-prime-minister

So much wishful thinking in the comments below that article lol.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

"we set two brexit voters up on a date"

Across the divide.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Pistol_Pete posted:

So much wishful thinking in the comments below that article lol.

Guardian Picks posted:

Hmm you are absolutely right this article speaks to me on every level

More Comments (like, all of them) posted:

lmao gently caress off you absolute banana

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Stop right there criminal scum. You've tested positive for covid.

We don't care about the positive part just the fact that you tested is the crime

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Apraxin posted:

https://www.bcu.ac.uk/news-events/n...esearch-reveals

:fry:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Imagine that being the best photo they have of you, looking stoned and/or eyeless.

Also, "Amendment nothing unusual has ever happened to him" is either saying "I am completely and utterly boring" or one of those over the top attempts to cover for something.
Not that Charlotte's narcissist habit of making everyone have an image of her is any better. Photo printed items should only be of grandkids for grandparents.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Now 'Doctor Islam' says Shakespeare was a TERRORIST! :sunsay:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

Them again I felt a similar way when people earlier in the thread were talking about getting Plexes, VPN's and sharing systems to download movies and TV's as opposed to just getting a subscription to Netflix.
I had a netflix subscription, and then a bunch of the stuff I was watching moved to disney+, then hbo launched their own thing, and now if I want to watch the new Star Trek I have to get a paramount+ account that they don't even run in the UK.

I'm not paying £10 each way for five or six streaming services. Everyone was willing to pay when you could get one provider that gave you a decent spread of shows. But as always, they got greedy about it and now people are rediscovering the joys of accidentally downloading the russian overdub.

If they want to get all libertarian about it, this is the invisible hand of the free market regulating itself and telling them to gently caress off.

crispix posted:

yeah this is how i feel having worked for a health trust. so many poo poo for brains senior managers loving up everything they lay eyes on and rewarding themselves greatly for doing so
I've said this before but half the problem is that they recruit everyone management upwards from business schools, which tailor everyone's mindset to maximise profit by cutting corners, reducing budgets and competing with other departments as if they were rival companies.

The NHS could do amazing things with its unique funding structure and service model, but its full of twats bouncing people from department to department so they don't have to 'pay' for it and selling off buildings on PFI to make their annual budget look better.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Monthly Update - 6 January 2022 :siren:

:siren: Committee election details below :siren:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Welcome to 2022!

This is going to be quite the update, so I'm going to start this one off with the most major part.

Charity update and committee elections

So here is what we ended up doing. We held off on applying for charity status, as in doing so we would have placed ourselves as trustees in the charity for another year. Being so close to the elections, we thought it best to wait until the new committee was elected, then those trustees would be in place for the next year.

So with that, submissions are now open for the next years committee. You have 2 weeks from today in which to send in your application to be on the committee. You can email the Solidarity Fund at the address at the bottom, you can PM one of the current committee on here or on the UKMT official Discord. There is also the Solidarity Fund channel on Discord should you wish to discuss anything about the role or your submission.

This year things will be different for the new committee. If you are wishing to be elected to the Fund roles, you will be expected to become a Charity Trustee. This means that your personal information will be available on the Charity Commission website should anyone wish to search for it. There are 3 roles for which we will require one of the Trustees to fulfil. Chairman, Company Secretary and Treasurer. If you have a preference for one of those roles please let us know with your application.

Employed people may want to check with their if there are any restrictions on them being a Charity Trustee. As the Trustee role is voluntary, we do not believe that it would affect any benefits you may receive, but please take this into consideration. Also of note is that being a trustee will not restrict you from making an application to the fund.

Once applications are in, we will then set up a voting site to allow for everyone here to vote on their preference. This will be announced in this thread with all the details you need.

Once the new committee are elected, they will need to provide their personal information including full name, address, contact telephone number and specimen of signature. These will be provided to the Charity Commission to create the UKMTSF official charity.

The monthly statistics

One of the things that may not be immediately apparent is how much you have all been willing to help. As of today, we have paid out over £12,000 to those in need. You have donated over £14,500 to allow the continued assistance of others. It's this that tells me that there is still hope to be had in this world.

Anyway, onto the real reason that all of you are reading this post.... Thomas the Tank Engine Rule 34 pics STATISTICS AND GRAPHS

December Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts:

Cumulative donations and payouts:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, no how minor or unimportant you think your need may be, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. If there is something in your life that would make things easier, get in touch. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've said this before but half the problem is that they recruit everyone management upwards from business schools, which tailor everyone's mindset to maximise profit by cutting corners, reducing budgets and competing with other departments as if they were rival companies.

It's genuinely harder to find a Band 3 admin/support person who's good at their job and willing to stay on a poo poo salary than it is to find a half-decent manager for a Band 8 post.
Because Band 8 salaries are good and Band 3 salaries are poo poo.

Our current (non-clinical) service manager is a bit of a tool.
He shows little understanding of what most of the clinicians in the service actually do, where they do it, or what they need in order to be able to do it.
He wanders around the department without a mask on, when most people will either wear a mask all the time, or at the very least put one on if they're leaving their office to go talk to someone else.

My favourite was in summer 2020 when he sent an email round to everyone saying that if we weren't all fully up-to-date with statutory and mandatory training, that our working from home privileges would be revoked. At a time when the Trust - and the government - were saying people should work from home wherever possible, and when most of the statutory and mandatory training wasn't available because they were figuring out how to run it remotely.
:ughh:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

Simple Solution: Pick Netflix/Prime Video/ Disney+. Try it out for a month to see if you like it.

As all of us keep telling you over and over, it's because picking even all three of those only gets you half the content these days (and I note this is moving the goalposts from your 'just get Netflix' and updating your what tenner a month outlay to more like 40 to still not get half the things you might want to watch).

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

'James is adamant that nothing amusing or unusual has ever happened to him'

Sounds like a right laugh

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
By my reckoning, since the first upswing of Omicron on the 22nd of November (cases went up by almost 40% overnight) 681,550 people have tested positive for covid in London (population 8 million give or take).

To put that in perspective - that's over a quarter of positive tests over the entire pandemic packed into 7 weeks.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Exponential growth is a hell of a curve.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I don't currently post much on SA but I hang out on the UKMT discord a ton.

I just wanted to say I've had to use the solidarity fund twice in the last year. Due to having to shield and being on furlough/SSP my finances are completely blown. UKMT solidarity fund helped me buy cat litter and cat food, and also a new computer chair because the current one was absolutely murdering my back. Its been several months since I got the chair and I am currently sitting in it thinking about how loving great it is I have it and that my back doesn't hurt nearly as much, having it be the right height for my desk and having an actual headrest has just really helped prevent further issues. You've saved me from having to go claw some treatement off the NHS.

So thank you, to everyone who has donated. I am very grateful. when my finances are better I will be sure to donate back. Its a good and wonderful thing.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I had a netflix subscription, and then a bunch of the stuff I was watching moved to disney+, then hbo launched their own thing, and now if I want to watch the new Star Trek I have to get a paramount+ account that they don't even run in the UK.
All the new startrek stuff is rubbish so that's an easy saving....

The sheer amount of content being generated magnitudes more than anyone could even get close to watching even if you became an absolute coach potato who did the bare minimum of anything else. I've realised to not sweat try to catch everything that sounds interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThomasPaine posted:

'James is adamant that nothing amusing or unusual has ever happened to him'

Sounds like a right laugh

They both sound like insufferable cunts tbf. Hope they end up together.

Pablo Bluth posted:

All the new startrek stuff is rubbish so that's an easy saving....

The sheer amount of content being generated magnitudes more than anyone could even get close to watching even if you became an absolute coach potato who did the bare minimum of anything else. I've realised to not sweat try to catch everything that sounds interesting.

Discovery has its moments. I've only seen the first two seasons though and won't bother with the rest now that it's not on Netflix.