Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Hahaha when things go bad, they really go bad, goddamn.
Earlier this month some guy smashes into my car that's sitting there parked at home and drives off.
Well the insurance would only cover half and it destroys my savings. Oh well, it happens. But now, this week, a goddamn hole to hell has opened up inside my mouth under a tooth and I am slowly dying from the pain and insanity, would have been nice if that happened before the hit and run.

I come to my fellow goons hat in hand to link this GoFundMe campaign. Thank you for your time reading this.

https://gofund.me/93df0158

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

It's been a really rough few months for the missus and I, and right now I'm a payment behind on my health insurance and need to meet it before my next one comes due or I lose next year's coverage. If anyone is able to help, $140 would cover the late payment in it's entirety, but anything at all would be significant.

http://ko-fi.com/hexenritter

Hexenritter has issued a correction as of 01:34 on Dec 15, 2021

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Hexenritter posted:

It's been a really rough few months for the missus and I, and right now I'm a payment behind on my health insurance and need to meet it before my next one comes due or I lose next year's coverage. If anyone is able to help, $140 would cover the late payment in it's entirety, but anything at all would be significant.

http://ko-fi.com/hexenritter

Send an email to request@goon.fund with your paypal or venmo address.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

^^ I tried the old email before posting here, then saw the new email address.

That said, again, the good goons of the great fund have my gratitude and heartfelt appreciation. This has been a fucker of a year and you've helped make it close on a little less of a sour note.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Email sent as well. I have a very weird situation on my hands.

And it has been a fucker of a year.

EDIT: situation has changed. I'll email Plinkey but I'll probably end up adding another post with my GoFundMe and situation update soon.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu has issued a correction as of 00:18 on Jan 6, 2022

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Email sent. gently caress car trouble :(

edit: Thank you so much. You goons are the best :megaman:

Farten Barfen has issued a correction as of 05:46 on Dec 20, 2021

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Surprise rent payment is due awesome. I pray something can be done about it to help as I wasn't expecting this on such short notice. I appreciate you all and will toss back some more love and support when I am better able.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Posting my gofundme again now that I'm in the home stretch: https://gofund.me/e5cf2fd0 and I am gonna email now too. Got my dates set up and everything, I'm gonna definitively need another 530 (canadian) or so to get both internet access set up and movers at my new place-- my most recent update goes over some math. Feels awful going to the well this much, but after all this is settled everything should be nice and calm, knock on wood. Maybe if I'm lucky I can even start giving back next year!! Thanks to any support anyone can offer.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Thank you all for the help and support. Merry Christmas to you all and God bless. Hopefully I will be working again soon or something will come through with my social security claim. I used to receive benefits and they are giving me a bunch of bullshit to get them back.

I have to appeal yet again since I was denied even though I have the work credits needed and I have qualifying conditions that should approve me including another suicide attempt a week before my birthday and another stay in a psychiatric hospital.

I'm on a bunch of different medications now and they are helping, but I am just tired of our government being so lovely. As much as I like my church, being closer to my mom, and a couple other things I really regret coming back to Texas/Conroe. When I had the money I should have taken that greyhound somewhere else less lovely to people like me.

Sorry for the venting there I'm just tired of having to be a beggar and depending on everyone else to help me stay afloat. I'm having difficulty even getting food stamps here even though I was getting them in Mississippi with no issues and I am out of what was left on that EBT card.

It's going to all work out eventually and I place it all in God's hands. Thank you all again for your help and support.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Email sent. Still sleeping on the street. It's that or try returning to my abusers who destroyed my life in the first place. idk man, anything helps

MR18inches
Jan 18, 2010

Randabis posted:

Thank you all for the help and support. Merry Christmas to you all and God bless. Hopefully I will be working again soon or something will come through with my social security claim. I used to receive benefits and they are giving me a bunch of bullshit to get them back.

I have to appeal yet again since I was denied even though I have the work credits needed and I have qualifying conditions that should approve me including another suicide attempt a week before my birthday and another stay in a psychiatric hospital.

I'm on a bunch of different medications now and they are helping, but I am just tired of our government being so lovely. As much as I like my church, being closer to my mom, and a couple other things I really regret coming back to Texas/Conroe. When I had the money I should have taken that greyhound somewhere else less lovely to people like me.

Did you use to sell vape juice like 10 years ago on SA? Just curious.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Yes, back before all the regulations and changes to the laws I was among some of the goons that were making and selling it to other goons. I'd try to do that or just work in a vape/smoke shop but I can't find any within my area that are hiring. All of my old crappy vape videos/reviews are still on YouTube haha.

Merry Christmas again to all and thanks to everyone here for all the time hard work and support you provide to everybody.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

randabis walked so juul could run

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hello Plinkey, et all. Email sent, but if anyone can help, medical expenses and general poo poo Life Syndrome have kicked me harder than usual. Any amount would help greatly, thank you so much

GoFundMe

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I asked for help but never heard back, so now I'm dealing with late fees and overdraft fees. Since people are posting gofundme links I might as well share my CashApp $vortmax81. Thanks for any help.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vortmax posted:

I asked for help but never heard back, so now I'm dealing with late fees and overdraft fees. Since people are posting gofundme links I might as well share my CashApp $vortmax81. Thanks for any help.

when did you send it and what is your email?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Need $500 to help me catch up on rent payments. I sent an email to request@goon.fund with more details. Communication with management about how much I owe each month has been horrifically bad for the past year and I'm still not entirely sure why. I can only hope it ends once I pay this balance in full.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Plinkey posted:

when did you send it and what is your email?

request@goon.fund
Nov 29
from jdraper@gmail.com

My bank account is almost $500 negative now :cry:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Thanks to Plinkey and all the goons that donated! The low but not quite zero cost dental clinic can now fix my teeth. Going from :unsmith: to :sun:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ronwayne posted:

Thanks to Plinkey and all the goons that donated! The low but not quite zero cost dental clinic can now fix my teeth. Going from :unsmith: to :sun:

man i just had months long struggle with tooth issues. they are absolutely miserable and something as simple as a cracked tooth made a chunk of my summer miserable, I'm lucky enough to have insurance that covered it, that's why i donate to this.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Hello all,

Despite having three shots of Pfizer vaccine shooting through my veins, in early December 2021 I started showing signs of COVID infection. My job at first was understanding about my condition and since I worked remotely three days out of the week, I thought I was in a good spot. This changed a week later when my job, before I got the results from a doctor-administered COVID test, I was fired for spurious reasons such as 'you didn't tell us you were out sick' despite me having email proof of constant communication. As I was under a contract, I was allowed a whole month of pay.

In order to explore legal options since it is technically illegal to fire someone in my state for having COVID-like symptoms, I started a GoFundMe in order to fund a consult. The reason for this was that my now-former employer is the big non-profit free-legal-help organization in my area of the world. And they know it. And they know that they can get away with various behavior because people without money don't have money for lawyers. So, after some kind people donated to my GoFundMe, I was able to schedule a consult that advised me on what to do going forward in regards to suing for discrimination with the EEOC and the like.

However, my story does not end there. As a hybrid worker, I have my former employer's equipment. Which they demand the day of and the day after they fired me while I was still quarantining from COVID. They have stated that they will withhold my last month of pay until they get their equipment. But since I was quarantined, I didn't want to risk getting anybody sick or myself sicker. So, after the lawyer consult earlier this week, I was advised to email my former employer with a deal: I get my checks, paystubs, an accounting of my fringe benefit time, and a written receipt of delivery for their equipment. My former job, however, wanted to add something to this: if I am late to this meeting or if the equipment is not returned 'in original condition,' then I automatically forfeit that entire month of pay. I should note at this point that, outside of doing a fresh install of Windows 10 on their machine, their equipment is in the same condition that I received it.

Up until my dismissal, I have not had any arguments or issues with this job. Their behavior is somewhat baffling to say the least. But I believe they are acting this way in order to deny me pay or to retaliate against me. As such, I'm broke until this is resolved or I get a job. Hence the GoFundMe: despite my former employer's behavior, I want to return their equipment. I want my pay. I do not want to play games with people who I am pretty convinced at this point are going to screw me over in some way. So, if you can help me pay some bills or keep some food on the table or even help with me finding good legal help, I will appreciate it. I'm sorry if this post has gone on for so long, but I'm really tired of getting the shaft from a job who then keeps making demands over and over again while I'm dealing with a possible breakthrough case. I don't want to play games, I want to live my life, and I don't want these people to get away with it just because they happen to be the only source of affordable legal help out there.

GoFundMe Closed

Thank you for your time.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Jan 13, 2022

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Goddamn, I wish you all the best with that, what a loving nightmare :stare:

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Didn't know SA has a thread for fundraisers until I went to E/N for the first time and read the rules.

I and my husband decided to set one up a few days ago because while being queer in Russia always sucked, COVID made it worse. This is a general survival fundraiser with, if we're super lucky, the additional goal of getting enough money for my husband to begin his transition. It's something we've talked about ever since he was 25, and he's 29 now.

It's on Ko-Fi because GoFundMe, as well as Venmo and Cashapp, aren't available in Russia.

The just of it is that only my husband is employed right now and hates his job to the point of breaking down and crying over the new years holiday multiple times. I'm unemployed right now and, I'm assuming because COVID, have no luck with jobs. Even the unemployment center can only offer me, like, 2 vacancies a month which aren't even remotely for me. At least they give out some pennies to live on. For now.

We both need medicine to live, which eats up a non-insignificant amount of money on the regular. Can't speak for my husband, but I've been told by a doctor that without my antidepressants I experience the same symptoms that people with withdrawals go through.

So yeah. Feel free to tell me if I did something wrong (I considered uploading photos of the unemployment office papers, but they're just A4s with some text) because I'm not exactly feeling good asking other people for money.

https://ko-fi.com/snowymagnus

duddits
Dec 22, 2009
I sent email because the eviction moratorium ends in Seattle tomorrow, and time makes fools of us all.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Have sent an email, thanks so much to all who make this possible.

Rent sure is a fucker when you're unemployed.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
sent an email on Saturday but haven't heard anything back yet, just checking in to make sure everything is going alright. and while im here, thank you for doing this.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Same, figure it's just the long weekend.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i usually only check on things like once or twice a week, i should have gotten to everyone

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Plinkey, just send you an email about my situation. Thanks again for running this service.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

isaboo has issued a correction as of 21:10 on Feb 15, 2022

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Email sent. Thank you so much for everyone that has donated.

netch-a-sketch
Dec 24, 2019
Sent email. Forgot to add my username, I'm the dude with the smashed window. Thank you so much

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

This is slightly tangental, but does anyone wanna split the costs and content of a 60 pack of 3m secure click D9093 pack? Can't get the drat things in any less then 60, and nothing else for that make is gonna survive the precipitation of a Canadian winter and spring.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

StratGoatCom posted:

This is slightly tangental, but does anyone wanna split the costs and content of a 60 pack of 3m secure click D9093 pack? Can't get the drat things in any less then 60, and nothing else for that make is gonna survive the precipitation of a Canadian winter and spring.

Are those gas mask filters?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Siegkrow posted:

Are those gas mask filters?

3m secureclick, the best elastomere respirator you can get right now.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StratGoatCom posted:

keep this out of this thread, thanks, you don't need a respirator, get an n95

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

pm/email sent

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Hey everyone! Kind of coming here in desperation. I emailed already earlier this week but haven't heard back yet (No shade, I know Plinkey said they check it only a few times a week). I asked for around 500 to help cover the 2nd half of my Jan rent that's due tomorrow, that way I could be caught up in in time to then pay the first half of my Feb rent here next week.

Well, I has to overdraft my account about $120 to pay my car insurance that way I could still UBER to help make extra money for food/pet food/other bills coming up. If anyone is able to help that would be amazing. I was hoping to avoid this but as I said above, getting desperate and a little nervous and we really don't have other other options.

My Venmo is mitchpotato / PayPal paypal.me/mitchhayes1

Thank you so much in advance, and to everyone that donates in general. Really looking forward to being on the giving end here someday

netch-a-sketch
Dec 24, 2019
thank you so much man, and everyone who donates. I have food and warmth etc now. hope one day I'll be in a place where I can afford to donate to the patreon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Sent a message. Thx plinkey for doing the work!