Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's just my bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Pillowpants posted:

Vermont is still apocalyptic

kid is off getting 2nd shot and then we're locked down again (with a 9 month old :lol:)

I am debating paying out of pocket to early-fill scripts insurance won't pay for until 1/22 in case things are so hosed then I can't get my benzo script. If that happens I have like most of a gram of norflurzepam banked against just this kind of fuckery but I'd rather not touch it.

Kit ordered. I will make TronMask this weekend, if delivery isn't COVIDFUCT

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

I'm going to be honest - I am a life-long D voter. I always considered myself moderate until Trump pushed me to the left, and now that I've finally opened my eyes to the shitstain that is the Democratic party - i will not vote for dems ever again.

I feel sorta lost in that respect. I just cant support genocidal sociopaths.

the people who say "you have to vote or you are part of the problem" happen to routinely be the people who are in position to take advantage of the ecosystem sustained by your voting

put another way, if your vote cannot be used to make things better for the people you love
you may as well use it to harm the people you dislike

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Iron Crowned posted:

"Watch this!"
lmao

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I cannot wait to hear this speech.

quote:

WASHINGTON—As Covid-19 cases climb across the U.S., President Biden and his administration are preparing Americans to accept the virus as a part of daily life, in a break from a year ago when he took office with a pledge to rein in the pandemic and months later said the nation was “closer than ever to declaring our independence from a deadly virus.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-in-shift-prepares-americans-to-see-covid-19-as-part-of-life-11641465004

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

CSPAM has an entire thread dedicated to Trump love :)

ive never posted in it but i always assumed that was heavily ironic. although now knowing a few trump thread regulars i'm thinking maybe that was a bad assumption

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Bearjew posted:

good morning. just a reminder it's just the flu

wait is it the flu or mild? I’m confused.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

CPU Abuser posted:

A large collection of ebooks helps.

Particularly if you're into programming or history or anything else that's reading intensive.

Tip for reading EPUBs on a Windows system: get a copy of the Basilisk browser, which is a Firefox pre-Quantum fork, and install a legacy copy of the epubreader firefox extension on the thing.

Don't bother with the "latest" version of epubreader that's ported to current versions of Firefox. When the developers rewrote the epubreader code for FF Quantum, they effectively destroyed most of the functionality. That's why you want the legacy pre-Quantum build, and that's why you need a pre-Quantum fork of FF.

Waterfox will not work for this; I tried it. Pale Moon used to work for this purpose, before the Pale Moon devs shot their own project in the head by closing it to legacy FF extensions, but no longer.

This combo beats the hell out of every other free EPUB reader that runs on Windows, excepting only Sumatra. Multiple ebooks up in multiple browser windows simultaneously? No problem. Left hand ToC pane with a fully detailed "table of contents"? No problem. Navigating internal hyperlinks? No problem.

You don't need Quantum's loading speed for EPUBs that reside on your PC or your local network. A pre-Quantum version runs like lightning. And compared to any browser, used for just about any other purpose, the memory and CPU consumption are tiny.

I haven't yet had trouble with using calibre.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
PS finally was able to schedule boosters for me and my wife

going to add moderna to my collection of pfizers

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

crepeface posted:

learn go and do a daily tsumego.

go/baduk/weiqi is a 10000000 year old game from asia. if you've seen a beautiful mind or any other movie where they need a game that a smart guy plays and chess is too basic, it'll be go.

really simple rules that produces complexity due to the size of the board. the daily tsumego are a small "life or death" slice where you need to figure out the next moves to make your group survive (usually by creating a structure known as "two eyes"). you can start online but if you find a board, it's can be quite satisfying to place the stones physically.

edit: OR I GUESS YOU CAN PLAY CHESS LIKE A BASIC

Go is an amazing game.

Back when I was a high school kid who had only recently discovered chess, I played Go with other chess club nerds on 1/4" grid graph paper. You can get by fine without board and pieces; it's not perfect but it'll work.

Thing was, I also discovered that
  • my memory truly sucked, and that's a "must-have" skill if you want to really go places with either chess or Go, and
  • I got well and truly bitten by the math bug. Maybe more accurate to say a longer term latent infection of the math bug got switched on bigtime when I was introduced to algebra as a HS freshman. And you can have the World's Lousiest Memory and still kick rear end and take names with math because you don't [i]need]/i] memory. Logic is everything, and it tells you everything.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HiroProtagonist posted:

ive never posted in it but i always assumed that was heavily ironic. although now knowing a few trump thread regulars i'm thinking maybe that was a bad assumption

Everyone should remember Sailor

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted:

I don't get the vibe that anyone is into his chudly murder people policies
it's more ironic reverence of his personification of the decline of the american empire

he is not the president we wanted but he is absolutely the president this country deserved

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

I wonder if they still have the mission accomplished banner lying around

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

lol

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

yknow, this is actually reality, COVID isn’t going away, but it’ll be nice to hear it capped off with “…so that’s why I’m pleading for all Americans, get vaccinated, get your kids vaccinated, and for gods sake wear a mask” to really punctuate, for the 100th time, that there is no plan or desire to do anything except completely give up and let the virus mutate and gently caress us up and give us long COVID because maybe that won’t happen until after midterms

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Deceptive Thinker posted:

as the parent of an infant I have the exact same rage as you over these shitheads saying this

this has been my refrain for ever loving brainless tweet since the vaccinations were made available. my now one year old can’t get it, so your cavalier attitude is directly contributing to her being in danger. it’s loving insane that the White House and every lib was and is like ‘vaccinations are here, life is good!!!’ while not reflecting for a tiny bit. fucjjjkkkk

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

haha

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Greg Legg posted:

Two of the kids I was supposed to work with today are out sick and neither of them are old enough to get vaccinated.

Look, they made their choices and as a result President Biden had condemned them to a dark winter of pain and death.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Pryor on Fire posted:

The D&D libs seem to have temporarily morphed into libertarians so I imagine they will circle back around and start talking about how we need Elon to build us more vents or Tesla covid tests or some poo poo

The return of the booze keg dogs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

god loving drat

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

Didn't think the Jonestown transcripts would get a sequel but here we are lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Lawlicaust posted:

The real reason we are Open Biden. The liberals want to emasculate us all as part of the gay agenda. The air is being poisoned and they are turning the friggin men into soy boys.

And/Or the pharmaceutical industry wants to sell a lot of boner pills.

that's the hilarious bit - the boner pills don't work.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I.. am a DR.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

the white flag of leadership

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Joey Steel posted:

The return of the booze keg dogs.

That might turn my opinion on some dogs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"Thousands of you will be dying daily forever now. Vote for democrats in 2022"

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

These COVID victims are laying down their lives in mankind's most noble goal: the search for profit.

They will be mourned by their families and friends; they will be mourned by their nation; they will be mourned by the people of
the world; they will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send her people into the known.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

“The big caveat is we should not be complacent,” Dr. Fauci said. “So don’t take this as a signal that we can pull back from the recommendations.”

jesus christ man what has happened literally every time you communicated poo poo like this? fewer people caring! bastard has to know what he's doing

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
new thing kills directly and indirectly 1 million americans a year and we just can’t do anything about it

tell me this poo poo isn’t an intentional culling by the elite they know we ain’t gonna do poo poo for the climate so the less hungry mouths the better.

they have their private doctors and fully stocked ICU’s in their mansions why the gently caress would they care.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I'm never voting again.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
if the dems have lost the guy who made the obamarama donation spreadsheets, you know they’re hosed

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The game plan is literally to kill all the vulnerable and unvaccinated and hope the virus doesn't mutate to get the rest of us

Exactly what the libs blamed Trump for doing

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Feste posted:

I wonder if they still have the mission accomplished banner lying around

only if Biden parachutes onto a moving battle tank

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

more like dur amirite

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Koirhor posted:

new thing kills directly and indirectly 1 million americans a year and we just can’t do anything about it

tell me this poo poo isn’t an intentional culling by the elite they know we ain’t gonna do poo poo for the climate so the less hungry mouths the better.

they have their private doctors and fully stocked ICU’s in their mansions why the gently caress would they care.

It's not intentional because those people are not actually in charge. Capital is in charge, and it does not have an answer to this.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

My county (AL) is at 49.9% positivity with full hospitals and parents are still trying to cut side deals to let their kids come to my wife's preschool despite covid+ parents in their household.

I'm starting to get mildly concerned.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
still

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

HiroProtagonist posted:

don't be scared come post food pics and mispell trup and lol at the official statements he puts out because he can't tweet

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

gently caress these dumb fuckers, I am not accepting poo poo, we'll continue to do everything we can to avoid the virus, and these dumb fuckers are all going to be voted out (in favor of even dumber fuckers) in 2 years.

After I did this, she asked me to add hair to the doctor, which I did. Tempted to use this as a new av.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/craigthomler/status/1478925004527915009

please do not defecate