Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ugh, thanks guys, I was about to go read posts from June to see whether or not wrestling was good and you've spoiled them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

What's the cut off, though? Do we still tag this match tomorrow because someone was saving it for the weekend? Typically the assumption with widely available tv is it's no longer s spoiler after airing, any more than the score for a football game is after the game has ended.

Maybe give people 24 hours? Not as a rule, just as being considerate. I'm not massively bothered by spoilers myself because I'm a moron with no impulse control & instinctively open Twitter in the middle of a show I can't watch live so have long gotten chill about wrestling spoilers, but it would be nice for people to remember that people on this forum live in many different timezones across the world.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

forkboy84 posted:

Maybe give people 24 hours? Not as a rule, just as being considerate. I'm not massively bothered by spoilers myself because I'm a moron with no impulse control & instinctively open Twitter in the middle of a show I can't watch live so have long gotten chill about wrestling spoilers, but it would be nice for people to remember that people on this forum live in many different timezones across the world.

Is it such a huge ask to say have done personal responsibility. If you don't want to see spoilers just don't read threads where is obvious the outcome will be discussed until after you have seen the show. Are you mad that the outcome of dynamite is in the op of the aew weekly thread? This thread is specifically for laughing about people's terrible takes about wrestling and it's obvious after raw or dynamite or Peter Pan that people will be laughing about people's terrible opinions about the show that just happened.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've seen different threads handle it differently. In the Doctor Who thread if it's aired then it's not a spoiler and you can type it up though. My solutions is to just not post anything except stuff that is inane. The signature of my posts.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

shame on you guys for spoiling that match that aired on live television 7 hours ago

I'm literally sobbing

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BensonRichardE/status/1478854701370195971
Brit wrestling twitter at it again

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Are these people the kinds of people who exclusively watch WWE and never watched any other promotion? Not to say he never had a good match in WWE, but it's not like they really pushed him that way. You'd have to venture outside of the bubble to really see him doing consistently great work.

Still sad we never got World Champ Regal back when it looked like the stars were aligning for that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't hate Hangman as the champion. He's fine. But Danielson is the mirror that shows a normal wrestler that he is a clown, so uhh. It's kinda hard to get super excited about cowboy poo poo now that the Omega storyline (or at least this chapter) is done.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I remember when Regal had a match with Goldberg. Unfortunately that match was too god and thus made Goldberg look bad and got in trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when Goldberg does two moves and wins but Regal having a more competitive match with him will forever be funny to me for the sheer drama it caused outside of the match.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

edogawa rando posted:

Putting something behind spoiler tags outside of the spoilers thread for people who hadn't had a chance to view the thing people are overreacting to is literally impossible, apparently.If only there were some sort of tag that could be used to put such things behind a black bar which obscures the text.

Just go offline on Thursdays for a bit mate, find a hobby, collect some figurines, go to the nzpwi forums. Americans are not going to spoiler tag their poo poo for an arbitrary amount of time just so you can keep forever scrolling on SA.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Somebody gave him a list of good matches but because they were from Regal's retirement run that was actually in bad faith.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Can't believe bix walked right into it too by even humoring that tweet with a response. The poster's curse knows no mercy.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Remember when Regal and Benoit had a four-star match on some random episode of Velocity?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
It’s also a very boring way of looking at wrestling I think: there are plenty of people who add value in wrestling that weren’t the best wrestlers ever. Plus as in everything the best people behind the scenes aren’t always the best people at doing that thing: identifying talent, training people etc are identifiably different skills and sometimes people that are not good at doing something can be very good at teaching it and vice versa. I think back to a Danielson interview I saw a while ago when he was asked about training people and he basically said that he couldn’t do it because he wasn’t able to explain what he did and I thought that was very interesting.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/yesidk0/status/1478849835184926724

A "You people" promo on twitter

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You sure are salty as gently caress about "it's hard to get super excited about Hangman as the champion because Danielson is too good".

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the above post is an XKCD reference

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cavauro posted:

the above post is an XKCD reference

Don't you put that loving evil on me.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This thread is so full of hatred for our fellow posters and xkcd comics. Hard times.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Isn't one of the rules of this thread no posting content from the forums

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Brit wrestling Twitter incredibly reliable for “Oh wrestling? The thing I spend too much time watching, thinking about and posting about? Not very good, actually” takes.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

It’s also a very boring way of looking at wrestling I think: there are plenty of people who add value in wrestling that weren’t the best wrestlers ever. Plus as in everything the best people behind the scenes aren’t always the best people at doing that thing: identifying talent, training people etc are identifiably different skills and sometimes people that are not good at doing something can be very good at teaching it and vice versa. I think back to a Danielson interview I saw a while ago when he was asked about training people and he basically said that he couldn’t do it because he wasn’t able to explain what he did and I thought that was very interesting.
Yeah there are a lot of great athletes who turned out to not be the best trainers/coaches

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/smoldoink/status/1478861040008015882

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
britain is just a nation of miserablists

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sleepwalkers posted:

Isn't one of the rules of this thread no posting content from the forums

I'm sure the person posting his own bad take was completely serious

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You sure are salty as gently caress about "it's hard to get super excited about Hangman as the champion because Danielson is too good".

It's a bad take my friend

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

It was from a locked account but it was pointed out that these are the same posters with a podcast that was spending 2020 talking about how people were trying to "Cancel" Will Osprey

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

It's a bad take my friend

Yeah but you're the guy with a Hangman Page short story for an avatar so you're not an impartial judge. Unlike Mark Henry.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah but you're the guy with a Hangman Page short story for an avatar so you're not an impartial judge. Unlike Mark Henry.

Oh I'm biased as poo poo. Because Hangman is awesome...want to hear my bad takes on black cats?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Don't you dare. Cats are awesome.

E: That's what you get for threatening to slander cats.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 6, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh I didn't realise someone had actually quoted a goon take ughhhhhhhh

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That was super confusing. I saw the clown post but thought it had been in the AEW thread (which I guess it was), then saw it here and figured I just thought I had seen it in the wrong thread initially.

Here's a harmless bad take from an old friend:
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1477493834506506242

Very few times have there been matches where Lesnar "had to win". WWE fans just want the same poo poo shoveled into their mouths every week, it's incomprehensible.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I didn't dislike the match, but it was 8 minutes of finisher spam followed by yet another drat Lesnar title win. Hurr durr perfect booking. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ganso Bomb posted:

Very few times have there been matches where Lesnar "had to win". WWE fans just want the same poo poo shoveled into their mouths every week, it's incomprehensible.

Yeah, I mean, Lesnar's always been booked to look so weak so he really needed the win.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Brock Lesnar needed to win because wrestling is a legitimate athletic contest and he was trying to win

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
RE: spoiler discourse, am I the only one who just doesn't check PSP at all until I'm caught up on the major shows I want to watch? Because that's also a thing you can do.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

It was from a locked account but it was pointed out that these are the same posters with a podcast that was spending 2020 talking about how people were trying to "Cancel" Will Osprey

The podcast clip of this I heard has stuck with me for two years because it's probably the most I've hated a person based on a five second clip of them talking. It's the the most pompous English accent you can think of saying something like "imagine if all those woke people who wanted to cancel Will Ospreay got their way, we wouldn't have had this perfect moment" about some loving RevPro match like 200 people have watched ever.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Remember when Regal and Benoit had a four-star match on some random episode of Velocity?

One of the best matches ever under ten minutes. Velocity from October 2005, my YouTube link has been deleted but you could probably sniff around the other video sites and find it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Take that Benno, Regal had a good match with Chris Benoit. He's clearly great, you idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

RE: spoiler discourse, am I the only one who just doesn't check PSP at all until I'm caught up on the major shows I want to watch? Because that's also a thing you can do.

I'm the same. No SA, no Twitter, no Instagram.