Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

yippeekiyaymf posted:

serious question - what will it take to make people realize the severity of what we are in?

who is ‘we’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I think the general public is (slowly) getting there.

Unfortunately, the general public doesn't have enough political power to do anything about it, and you can look at the past two years to see how effective "individual responsibility" is at dealing with a global problem.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Luneshot posted:

I think the general public is (slowly) getting there.

Unfortunately, the general public doesn't have enough political power to do anything about it, and you can look at the past two years to see how effective "individual responsibility" is at dealing with a global problem.
There's also a good chance that the Supreme Court essentially removes the EPA's authority to fight climate change in the next year.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

yippeekiyaymf posted:

serious question - what will it take to make people realize the severity of what we are in?

When their deaths, personally, are clearly inevitable.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my parents both poo pooed climate change for my entire life and then yesterday as I called to check in on them since they've been without power for a few days and he's like "climate change is a bitch!" and i got so fuckin mad

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

500excf type r posted:

It takes quite a bit of skill to place the decoy deer so they don't look fake to someone that has hunted long enough. In fact, wardens often are formerly prolific poachers or children of them, really takes a certain type of outdoorsman to hunt poachers specifically.

I have heard crazy stories from wardens on decoy traps hiding in culverts where the poacher pokes the gun out over their head and they couldn't move to even cover their ears lest they give away their position, but as soon as it went off they reached up out of the darkness and they manhandled the rifle right out the truck window

Also stories from felon poachers hiding from wardens with them on their sights that said if the warden saw them they were gonna just pull the trigger, so it goes both ways

Wow okay so never gently caress with a game warden, got it

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my parents both poo pooed climate change for my entire life and then yesterday as I called to check in on them since they've been without power for a few days and he's like "climate change is a bitch!" and i got so fuckin mad

Same

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

well it's too late to do anything about it now, so they're free to recognize its existence. if they had recognized it ten years ago they would have been obligated to act but now they can comfortably continue to not change their behavior in any way. by recognizing it now they just gain the ability to complain about it. drat climate change!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

yippeekiyaymf posted:

it's not going to happen

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Dominion promised power would be on for all users by 11pm. lol nope

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Relevant Tangent posted:

it's not going to happen

It's this. They'll be drowning/burning/freezing and blaming it on solar/wind/whatever. Their brains are broken op.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

We just had a fire that wiped out half a suburb in Colorado and the local reaction has been to call for more money for police and detectives so we can prosecute the guys who started it. Also a lot of calls for the death penalty and more powers be given to police to prevent this from ever happening again

So yeah we are here now and people are not waking up at all, just becoming even more stupid and short term in their thinking as the disasters get worse.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Dominion promised power would be on for all users by 11pm. lol nope

did they specify which timezone?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

snow tonight in the north eaat

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

HonorableTB posted:

Would you want to gently caress with the bear police?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Pryor on Fire posted:

We just had a fire that wiped out half a suburb in Colorado and the local reaction has been to call for more money for police and detectives so we can prosecute the guys who started it. Also a lot of calls for the death penalty and more powers be given to police to prevent this from ever happening again

AnTiFa supersoldiers did it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

game wardens that care about deer poachers are idiots though

those loving things are the rats of the forest, and poachers aren't going after does for trophies, they're hunting for food

anyway weather is nuts huh

AOCIA
Nov 29, 2021

by sebmojo

MysteriousStranger posted:

Would you want to gently caress with the bear police?

bush pigs

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

so true

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

AOCIA posted:

bush pigs

yeah those are pretty bad as well

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Deer are the absolute worst, just the most stupid loving animals ever and half of them seem to have CWD and despite them drooling and oozing from open wounds like zombies the tourists want to feed them because they are sooo cute and it's just the most stupid poo poo ever. Like how sheltered do you have to be to think deer are cute?

idk how many hunting permits we need to issue to cut the deer population by 90% but even that would mean way too many deer remaining, they are everywhere like rats

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pryor on Fire posted:

Deer are the absolute worst, just the most stupid loving animals ever and half of them seem to have CWD and despite them drooling and oozing from open wounds like zombies the tourists want to feed them because they are sooo cute and it's just the most stupid poo poo ever. Like how sheltered do you have to be to think deer are cute?

idk how many hunting permits we need to issue to cut the deer population by 90% but even that would mean way too many deer remaining, they are everywhere like rats

Do you hate Bambi?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Pryor on Fire posted:

Actually I think you'll find it's the humans that are drooling everywhere like rats. We are in the deers way

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Actually I think you'll find it's the humans that are drooling everywhere like rats. We are in the deers way
While this is true, deer are also garbage and it boggles my mind that there is an entire hunting culture set up around them.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

stealie72 posted:

While this is true, deer are also garbage and it boggles my mind that there is an entire hunting culture set up around them.

i used to live in a city where deer regularly roamed through town late at night poking their dumb snouts into trash cans and making GBS threads everywhere and licking my car so i agree 100% with this post

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

so in Texas as far as I know a lot of hunting is done on private land - and there isn’t much federal land at all until you hit Big Bend / almost New Mexico. I don’t hunt, but I have guns, and it’s my probably uninformed notion that “public” hunting in Texas is somewhat restrained - just like there really isn’t much space where you can just drive out to and attack a cardboard box or some cans - unless you own it or have permission from the owner

i recall guys i worked with at txdot complaining that they hadn’t won the lottery for a tag in a while and that there was nowhere nearby to zero their guns

wolfs has issued a correction as of 18:25 on Jan 6, 2022

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

HonorableTB posted:

America's game couldn't ask for better wardens it seems

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pryor on Fire posted:

So yeah we are here now and people are not waking up at all, just becoming even more stupid and short term in their thinking as the disasters get worse.

it was 5 degrees and snowing overnight in Denver and the city is still paying cops and sanitation workers to sweep homeless encampments all week. their solution is killing people and it's the only one anyone knows

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Pryor on Fire posted:

Deer are the absolute worst, just the most stupid loving animals ever
No, that's geese, specifically Canada geese. Most animals will get out of the way of your car, geese will just stand there in the middle of the road and look at you like, "What?"

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

I had one run into my moving car in early November. It must have ran across the entire length of the field by the road I was driving on, ran straight into a 4 lane state route and I didn’t see it until it was halfway in the road. It then blasted its head straight into my rear door and window and flew like 10 ft in the air when I looked in my rearview.

I stopped and couldn’t find it but my door and door handle were dented as gently caress, the glass surprisingly didn’t break and there was blood and fur all over the door and window. I found out later it died in a guys yard a bit further from where I stopped looking.

Just the loving dumbest animals. I hunt deer and I’ve had them walk out of the woods and just stare at me as I raise my rifle and shoot, and stand still after the gun goes off if I miss and give me an eternity to fire again. We’ve also shot deer and let them lay, and 10 minutes later another one comes out and checks on it’s fallen brethren and just starts eating clover like everything is normal.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

Do you hate Bambi?

Wait... do you not?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm a deer centrist because I think they are cute and also that they should be hunted mercilessly

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I fully support killing all the deer

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SirPablo posted:

Did anyone Free Tim Kaine yet?

Tim Kaine in my membrane

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Presto posted:

No, that's geese, specifically Canada geese. Most animals will get out of the way of your car, geese will just stand there in the middle of the road and look at you like, "What?"

loving idiots, don't they realize the cars were here first?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if i were the earth i would simply chill out

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

game wardens that care about deer poachers are idiots though

those loving things are the rats of the forest, and poachers aren't going after does for trophies, they're hunting for food

They are relatively scarce around here.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

Tim Kaine in my membrane

Tim Kaine in the slow lane

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Koirhor posted:

I fully support killing all the deer

but wolves are dope and need to eat too

can we compromise by releasing shitloads wolves everywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

let the wolves hunt the hunters