Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

b_d posted:

get on the noob floor __

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

In Training posted:

what's a floor gamer. do u just lie on the floor like an animal

I mostly sit crosslegged, but yes, sometimes

Ive done it ever since I was a kid. I could be sitting comfortably on the couch, but the moment I pick up a controller, I move to the floor

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

b_d posted:

get on the noob floor __

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it’s my house so you can use the madcatz chair I’ll take the floor

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

b_d posted:

get on the noob floor __

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you should def finish the run dude, W3 is insanely long, but if you can remember even a small fraction of it you'll be fine

witcher 3 is fun to replay because you suddenly notice stuff like Master Mirror showing up at the beginning of the game in White Orchard. but also the first two games are bad and i'm not reading a polish fantasy series so half the game is people saying "geralt! what are you doing here?" and you learning that they've apparently been friends for 80 years, so they'll probably have a unique Gwent card.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My only gaming goal this year is to play the whole Yakuza series finally

I never really got hooked by any of them until 7, which I played last year and loved. Then I went back to 0 and now I fuckin get it and it's a ton of fun and I want to play them all now before Yakuza 8 comes out, whenever that is.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

witcher 3 is fun to replay because you suddenly notice stuff like Master Mirror showing up at the beginning of the game in White Orchard. but also the first two games are bad and i'm not reading a polish fantasy series so half the game is people saying "geralt! what are you doing here?" and you learning that they've apparently been friends for 80 years, so they'll probably have a unique Gwent card.

witcher 2 owns how dare you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'll admit that i haven't played 1 or 2.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I should probably finish W3, I also have a playthrough from several years ago lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I've only sucessfully returned to a game I put down for many months and that was dragon age: origins. I gave up for 6 months when I got to some awful dwarven city with their lovely little problems an dthe insanely retarded guy in my party who enchants items says "Enchantment" in a retarded voice and a girl I was dating saw this part and me playing it and laugehd and never called me again, so I put it down for a long time and when I finally got back to it and finished it I regretted it lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've come back to a lot of games after a long break but sometimes you want to start over. i've never gotten through bloodborne because every time i go back to it i start from the beginning, lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

i've come back to a lot of games after a long break but sometimes you want to start over. i've never gotten through bloodborne because every time i go back to it i start from the beginning, lol

im at the point in my elden age where I forget everything if I drop a game for even a month now

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I have the same issue where when I put a game down for a while I forget everything and just restart instead, but sometimes this leads me to endless loops where I’ve played the beginning of a game 800 times and never gotten further. I just beat Fire Emblem Awakening last year after like 6 straight years of being caught in one of those loops

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah sometimes I just don't remember what's going on in the plot or like I forget the basic controls/mechanics so it makes more sense to just start over lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The one recent exception is Dragon Quest IV which I started like 3 years ago, put down after getting to chapter 5 when the game opens up, then picked up again this summer and beat. I did have to look at a FAQ to remember what to do since they took party chat out of the DS version

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
assuming you dont have your own family i figure the restarting over and over is from multi-gaming, like i have a friend whos "reading" 4 books at the same time but he never finishes any of them. its why i do 1 single player game at a time and dont move on til i finish it, same with reading and pretty much everything i do.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I had to restart Okami three times which cost five hundred hours of progress.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The one recent exception is Dragon Quest IV which I started like 3 years ago, put down after getting to chapter 5 when the game opens up, then picked up again this summer and beat. I did have to look at a FAQ to remember what to do since they took party chat out of the DS version

dragon quest games are easy to jump back into IMO. i've taken month long breaks from bits of yakuza and come back to it but it does take a minute to reorient myself.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

assuming you dont have your own family i figure the restarting over and over is from multi-gaming, like i have a friend whos "reading" 4 books at the same time but he never finishes any of them. its why i do 1 single player game at a time and dont move on til i finish it, same with reading and pretty much everything i do.

Yeah I jump around between games a lot and I do the same with books lol.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

if metroid dread didn't have a log of every boss encounter, new ability, briefing, emmi encounter, and emmi defeat, in addition to a map that shows exactly what tiles you've personally touched and the status of every single block you've ever seen, i would probably have to restart it every time i took a break for longer than a day.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Nutmeg posted:

this is how I play all my games now as well, one SP game at a time that has a story, a few indie games or something like DCSS mixed in, and a multiplayer game or 2

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

this is how I play all my games now as well, one SP game at a time that has a story, a few indie games or something like DCSS mixed in, and a multiplayer game or 2

:yeah:

Mostly rogue like stuff for my quick fixes. Risk of rain 2, hades, dead cells (not anymore lol) halo

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

its why i do 1 single player game at a time and dont move on til i finish it, same with reading and pretty much everything i do.

This

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i try to play two games at once so i have one to fall back on if i get tilted at something but i usually end up mostly sticking to just 1 and thinking about it all day at work. part of the appeal of the NES project is that i can make check marks on something besides my current main video game.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

It's the only way

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've only sucessfully returned to a game I put down for many months and that was dragon age: origins. I gave up for 6 months when I got to some awful dwarven city with their lovely little problems an dthe insanely retarded guy in my party who enchants items says "Enchantment" in a retarded voice and a girl I was dating saw this part and me playing it and laugehd and never called me again, so I put it down for a long time and when I finally got back to it and finished it I regretted it lol

Every character in that game is like specifically designed to be an affront to the senses of halfway intelligent people. It’s hosed up.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Wormskull posted:

Every character in that game is like specifically designed to be an affront to the senses of halfway intelligent people. It’s hosed up.

lmfao its so true

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

dewey rear end looking mfer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cauliflower eared bucktooth retard(also 3 feet tall): Enchantment!
Me, guy from Games who thinks the hell world is destroying my life if I don’t laugh at poo poo made for double digit IQ children: :a2m:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Cauliflower eared bucktooth retard(also 3 feet tall): Enchantment!
Me, guy from Games who thinks the hell world is destroying my life if I don’t laugh at poo poo made for double digit IQ children: :a2m:

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lol

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/frankiemuniz/status/1472038952689307659

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ive done some insane returns to games.
i got to an insanely difficult part in thumper then like 3 years later finally got those final stages.
on killer7 i left in the penultimate chapter then a year later i finished it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lmoa