Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

who's to say they didnt?

Because in this day and age Andy Reid gets heart burn and beat writers light twitter up about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Harbaugh spending years collecting millions of dollars from Michigan while putting together middling season after middling season, then finally having it all come together for a CFP appearance and COTY buzz only to immediately go back to the NFL would be hilarious, so I am in favor of it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ShakeZula posted:

Harbaugh spending years collecting millions of dollars from Michigan while putting together middling season after middling season, then finally having it all come together for a CFP appearance and COTY buzz only to immediately go back to the NFL would be hilarious, so I am in favor of it.

He's probably smart enough to realize that this is the peak and wants to go out on top

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Michigan also forced him to take a $4m pay cut last year so this is his agents opportunity to get it back.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Benne posted:

He's probably smart enough to realize that this is the peak and wants to go out on top

Yeah there's no hope of a National Championship, so there's no point in holding to that standard. He got Michigan to the top of the mountain and there's nothing left to accomplish (unless they give him his money back)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lol Bears

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Sataere posted:

Actor. Director. Offensive genius.

He does one of these after every play action pass

https://youtu.be/GM-e46xdcUo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Yeah there's no hope of a National Championship, so there's no point in holding to that standard. He got Michigan to the top of the mountain and there's nothing left to accomplish (unless they give him his money back)

I don't think if you're the best team in the big 10 you automatically have no chance to win a national championship....

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mcmagic posted:

I don't think if you're the best team in the big 10 you automatically have no chance to win a national championship....

gonna be a whole lot more work, though. michigan still isn't even recruiting the best classes in the Big 10.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This is part of a large and very good thread but OH MY GOD URBAN MEYER WHAT THE gently caress

https://twitter.com/WW_Marcus/status/1477450297018654720

https://defector.com/urban-meyers-latest-embarrassing-coverup-only-lasts-a-few-days/

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

:stare:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The buck stops with Urban Meyer. Also, it was that other guy's fault.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1479144199232577542

lol that have a pretty good scam going on there bilking players.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
My opinion of Pat McAfee has cratered from 'generally funny guy I see now and then' to trash over a period of months.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Holy poo poo do not read the comments on this one. Or do. The 'OSU defenders' and 'why are you making it about race' and 'you have CTE' and 'shut up and dribble' contingents have shown up in force

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

My opinion of Pat McAfee has cratered from 'generally funny guy I see now and then' to trash over a period of months.

He really wants to be Joe Rogan for the athletic world.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He really wants to be Joe Rogan for the athletic world.

He pretty much already is. He just got a huge amount of fan dual money.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

oldskool posted:

who were their token Rooney rule interviews?

lmao if you think the rooney rule at all inhibits owners from just hiring their first choice

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

The Indiana Experience

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Reminder that the only enforcement of a Rooney Rule violation in league history was to fine the Lions after hiring Steve Mariucci without interviewing anyone else. The fine was only $200k. Mooch was still hired.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Or that Washington blatantly just interviewed like an equipment guy to meet the rule

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

He's always been bad.

*posts vid of him leading with the crown of his helmet and the announcers gushing over a hard hit from a punter*

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I stopped following Pat on Twitter after he started getting a little too chuddy for my tastes, but the man is a drat good pro wrestling commentator.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao if you ever saw the guy and thought he was anything other than a dipshit bro

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Diva Cupcake posted:

Michigan also forced him to take a $4m pay cut last year so this is his agents opportunity to get it back.

honestly his agent is probably the most upset person about that paycut. he's in line for a huge commission whenever harbaugh signs a new contract

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Remember when every team would just call Art Shell and have five minute chat and call it a day

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Declan MacManus posted:

honestly his agent is probably the most upset person about that paycut. he's in line for a huge commission whenever harbaugh signs a new contract

Harbaugh is his own agent

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Harbaugh is his own agent

So his agent is really mad

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Barudak posted:

So his agent is really mad

About not being more successful than his brother, yes

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1479309967761027076?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good stuff from Breer in this column on the potential openings. He notes that last year Harbaugh reached out to both the Jets and Chargers about returning to the NFL and he didn't get any interest from either team.

quote:

One name that’s been connected to the Raiders consistently for the last month or so is Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh. Does he want back in the NFL? Maybe. My understanding is, despite what’s been said publicly, he wasn’t happy about having to take a pay cut last year. He accepted it only after exploring NFL openings (the Jets and Chargers were among the teams who were asked about him) and finding no interest.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/07/nfl-head-coach-hiring-preview-week-18

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Good stuff from Breer in this column on the potential openings. He notes that last year Harbaugh reached out to both the Jets and Chargers about returning to the NFL and he didn't get any interest from either team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/07/nfl-head-coach-hiring-preview-week-18

That is pretty surprising and dumb on the Jets part.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

mcmagic posted:

surprising

hang on

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

BoB smoke is real.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1479497599703003139

mcmagic posted:

I'm pretty happy with Saleh so far. He has practice squad players and rookies playing above their expectations and he hasn't been a complete embarrassment with his in-game management.
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1477764897207369730

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 7, 2022

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
:siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1479497599703003139?s=21

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

First as tragedy, then as farce

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

Dunno why the Jets would be excited to hire a guy about to get canned from Michigan

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I said it was surprising because there were reports about the Jets trying to hire Harbaugh a number of years ago.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm pretty happy with Saleh so far. He has practice squad players and rookies playing above their expectations and he hasn't been a complete embarrassment with his in-game management.
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1477764897207369730

I think there are reasons to be both positive and negative on Saleh. I think most of his in game decision making has been good. I also don't love alot of about the way they run the defense (too much soft zone and too much rotation of good DL players out of the game) and they are 4-12 without winning 1 game in the division which is horrific. He's gotta win some more games next year.

I think we just know that Harbaugh is a good NFL coach for sure and the jury is still out on Saleh. He has a 70% winning percentage.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 7, 2022

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The BoB-Baalke regime will do a great job of building around Trevor Lawrence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
No way Jerry lets Moore leave, right?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1479523146864680963?s=20