Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah I'm just running ex dr if I'm not leveling. I only run 5/6/7/8 if I'm desperate for uncapped tomestones which is basically only right after an expansion drops. Honestly it should give 90 capped tomestones just like exdr, not like they are any other level of difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I think they're referring to the Level 80 Roulette, which will come back as the Level 90 Dungeon Roulette once we get more 90 dungeons.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kazy posted:

I think they're referring to the Level 80 Roulette, which will come back as the Level 90 Dungeon Roulette once we get more 90 dungeons.

I forget that even exists because the rewards are crap. It really doesn't make sense in light of how they've changed how they do dungeons. It worked in ARR because every patch was 3 new ones, so the number was over whelming. Now by the end of an expansion we might have what...8 dungeons at cap total?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kazy posted:

Right, people are complaining about there not being enough variety in the max level roulette, but that's why there's two of them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

No Dignity posted:

Thank god its not, I already get beyond sick of Emet Selch narrating the fall of Amaurot for as long as it was in EXDR, if it was a permanent fixture it'd probably have pushed me into just not doing them
Yeah, as cool as The Dead Ends is, I really would not want to have to see it in exdr for an entire expansion.

Regy Rusty posted:

Do people just not do the other max level roulette or what
I never remember it being worth doing.

Regy Rusty posted:

Right, people are complaining about there not being enough variety in the max level roulette, but that's why there's two of them.
People do EXDR for the rewards. They are wishing the lucrative thing was more varied.

Like how people complain about getting CT in ADR.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

... but only one of them pays out

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm aware of the other max level roulette that exists once dungeons start to rotate out of EXDR, I would just prefer if they were all under EXDR instead of split into two roulettes, especially when EXDR is the one with the better rewards for running it.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

That seems to be backwards? There is not enough variety there because it's split over two roulettes?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fair enough. I just run them both cause it's fun.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

With dps queues I just run the one with the most rewards cause I'm sitting on my rear end for 20 minutes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd like it if the 90 MSQ dungeon would appear in EX for a while because I've run it literally two times. EXDR keeps giving me Stigma like, every time.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Harrow posted:

I'm aware of the other max level roulette that exists once dungeons start to rotate out of EXDR, I would just prefer if they were all under EXDR instead of split into two roulettes, especially when EXDR is the one with the better rewards for running it.

Yeah, this. Generally the only reason I run any roulettes is for the capped tomestones, so getting a bit more dungeon variety instead of the (eventually) two expert dungeons would be grand.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Eimi posted:

With dps queues I just run the one with the most rewards cause I'm sitting on my rear end for 20 minutes.

I only queue for max level dungeons as tank for this reason. Also because playing warrior is fun as hell but if I can get the same rewards (or more) with no queue you bet I will.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Regy Rusty posted:

There is no reason to do the other roulette because of weekly caps. You only ever need the expert one. So if you're only running one dungeon every day it might as well come from a pool of 8 rather than 2.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just beat P2S :toot: Both P1S and 2S are really really fun. Looking forward to P3S beating me into the dirt.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The Reddit war over what will become the “standard” P1S temperature strat is mind boggling

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

mightygerm posted:

The Reddit war over what will become the “standard” P1S temperature strat is mind boggling

Especially because P1S already has a serious personal responsibility mechanic elsewhere, and the temperature strat can easily be personal responsibility with a simple ruleset.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I wouldn't want exdr to contain every 90 dungeon even if there will only be 8, because I want to get the newest ones for the glamours. Plus, if I'm running exdr over the course of the expansion I'll end up seeing the early ones way more total. I'd rather they just make the level 90 roulette (and also the 50/60/70/80 one) give better tomestones.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Arist posted:

I'd like it if the 90 MSQ dungeon would appear in EX for a while because I've run it literally two times. EXDR keeps giving me Stigma like, every time.

I ran nothing but the 90 msq dungeon for literally two weeks after I cleared story, not even picking up the other two dungeons, for the minion. I would be very happy never to see it again.

also the strobing lightning effect in the middle part was very hard on my eyes

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

mightygerm posted:

Our group does MT + D3 swap, seems the easiest one that doesn't involve the MT becoming a sacrifice to the parse gods. I can see the appeal of the sacrifice method though.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

What's the prevailing strat for the color jails in P1S? It better not be tank sac. Doing it right is very easy. You do personal clocks for all of them except in one variation where a tank and dps swap while everyone else does clocks.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The third alternate strat of everyone rotating clockwise looks nice on a diagram at least.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parse Blood for the Parse God.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Some of those strats and arguments really seem to belie the fact that there’s only two patterns ever

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

RME posted:

Some of those strats and arguments really seem to belie the fact that there’s only two patterns ever

I’m pretty sure you can literally just do clockspots every time provided your party is paying attention to where they need to move for the second burst and are willing to take personal responsibility for mechanics. It’s a mechanic that each person has to react to anyway, just tell people the rules and it gets done.

I’ve been doing the thing on and off the last few days and the strats that involve like, swapping positions feel entirely unnecessary.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I’m pretty sure you can literally just do clockspots every time provided your party is paying attention to where they need to move for the second burst and are willing to take personal responsibility for mechanics. It’s a mechanic that each person has to react to anyway, just tell people the rules and it gets done.

I’ve been doing the thing on and off the last few days and the strats that involve like, swapping positions feel entirely unnecessary.

No, there's two configurations. One requires a swap somewhere to keep it happy, the other does not. Whichever one you get first you'll get the second one later.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Ibblebibble posted:

No, there's two configurations. One requires a swap somewhere to keep it happy, the other does not. Whichever one you get first you'll get the second one later.

I definitely never had people swapping on the groups I was making it to enrage on and nobody was dying to the temperature check (they were getting damage downs and dying to other stuff).

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Lord_Magmar posted:

if you just do clock spots, one of the patterns results in one of the spots being empty for gem #2, and everyone eats a damage down

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I know nothing about P1S, but I saw this on twitter and maybe it'd be helpful for this discussion?
https://twitter.com/Mcstronghuge/status/1479139378056339456?s=20
e: Bonus:
https://twitter.com/xivdiagrams/status/1479102828782112768?s=20

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want the Ankha thing as a dance emote

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I haven’t really paid any attention to how much EXP the 50-80 roulette gives for leveling, is it worthwhile?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I definitely never had people swapping on the groups I was making it to enrage on and nobody was dying to the temperature check (they were getting damage downs and dying to other stuff).

Sounds like that's the tank parse sacrifice strat. P1S dps check is really forgiving at least so it won't really matter.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I experimented around with crafting rotations some more and came out with a macro set for extreme budget melds that gets HQ on 70** crafts very reliably. You pretty much just need a single HQ mat to guarantee it the majority of the time (roughly 950-1000 base quality), though you can again go for two HQ mats if you really want to guarantee it. Stats are 3224 Craftsmanship, 3272 Control, 673 CP.

quote:

[Macro 1]
/ac "Muscle Memory" <wait.3>
/ac "Veneration" <wait.2>
/ac "Waste Not" <wait.2>
/ac "Groundwork" <wait.3>
/ac "Groundwork" <wait.3>
/ac "Basic Synthesis" <wait.3>
/ac "Basic Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Standard Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Manipulation" <wait.2>
/ac "Innovation" <wait.2>
/ac "Prudent Touch" <wait.3>
/echo "Macro #1 complete!" <se.1>

[Macro 2]
/ac "Trained Finesse" <wait.3>
/ac "Tricks of the Trade" <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac "Basic Synthesis" <wait.3>
/echo "Craft complete!" <se.1>
You don't want much more Craftsmanship than what I have, since the first Basic Synthesis already gets you within 60 Progress of finishing. This also means that you have some wiggle room for going lower on Craftsmanship, though, since the second Basic Synthesis will push you well past the finish line. The one inflexible part of your stats is CP: you need at least 672 for this rotation to work.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

I haven’t really paid any attention to how much EXP the 50-80 roulette gives for leveling, is it worthwhile?

Imo no. I usually only run that one is I'm bored and need a few extra tomestones.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It feels like its worth it with the daily bonus but not worth it without. Although, it does have the upside of having no duds like how leveling can put you in Ifrit/Titan/Garuda fights that give next to no xp.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Regalingualius posted:

It's fourth-best, I think (ignoring Main Scenario), after leveling, alliance, and trial.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Alxprit posted:

It's fourth-best, I think (ignoring Main Scenario), after leveling, alliance, and trial.

Disrespecting Frontlines over here (seriously I think it's the best XP per minute even if the match goes to time and you lose)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

It feels like its worth it with the daily bonus but not worth it without. Although, it does have the upside of having no duds like how leveling can put you in Ifrit/Titan/Garuda fights that give next to no xp.

No roulette is really worth it without the daily bonus. But 5678 with daily is worse for xp then just running your highest available dungeon. But it's probably worth running if you want uncapped tomes. I'm also using it as an excuse for a daily umbrite and progress towards the tanking achievements.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
One additional motivation for 50/60/70/80 Roulette is if it potentially ticks a box in Wondrous Tails. It's not as direct as running a specific dungeon (especially unsynced) but it's potentially a nice bonus if you also want the Tomestones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
So what y'all are saying is once I get my Bard to level 50, it's faster to just run my highest available dungeon repeatedly than it is to do the leveling roulette once a day?