Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
The Fable of the Grasshopper and the Ant where the Grasshopper won’t stop asking the Ant where to find rapid tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tzen posted:

should have said this in late November 2021 lmao

no we have to wait for a peer reviewed study proving that omicron is doing harm to people, otherwise we are bound by the laws of the universe to take no precautions and consider it completely benign until absolute ironclad proof that it isn't has emerged. that hasn't happened yet so I think the government should force everyone to spit into each others' mouths at gunpoint while we wait for more data.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

helsabot posted:

people decorating their masks are loving losers

wrong, I still wear buttons on my mask sometimes when I go out, especially ones that are being extremely rude to people who aren't wearing masks.'

e: I am a loving loser, though, so I dunno, point to you.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
my covid booster date got pushed back because a big chunk of the vaccination clinic tested positive

I might just go somewhere else but lol anyway

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

why won’t anything think of all the jobs this is killing

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I’m for the jobs the virus will create

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Koirhor posted:

jobs JOBS JOBS!!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/BebopOtt/status/1478911620080443393

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Koirhor posted:

Someone's gotta dig the mass grave sites :getin:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Kiddo #1 is getting her pfizer #2 today, 21 days exactly after she turned 5.

She asked me, "Dad, why do I need a second coronavirus shot?" which led to, more or less "how does any of this work anyway"

I did my best to give a 3-minute distilled-for-a-5-year-old explanation of: normal mitosis, ACE2 binding of corona in her nose cells, the immune response, hijacking the rNA pipeline to make "weaponized" muscle cells that pump out spike protein, and then explained antibodies and t-cells as little guys that learn how to make weapons based on what they are exposed to, and are therefore primed to attack the real virus.

Here are my visual aids, I expect the bad thread would ban me for this for not being an licensed viral cartographer or something :allears:

:perfect:
probably unintentional but lol at the ACAB in the RNA
upon googling "AcaB is a DNA-binding protein" oic

edit, late to the party don't care just post

Bot 02 posted:

I want the ACAB vaccine

Tzen fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 6, 2022

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
It's bullshit masks are not normalized.
I want to be a daft punk robot.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Am I wrong in thinking that DeSantis sounding like he's about to break down crying at any moment is a steroid thing? He sounds like he's on the same steroids Trump was taking

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1479066243483246596

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
nah, back to his normal, whiny self today
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1479111384042393603

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
over heard people talking about booster-shot side-effects.
They were both 20 to 30 mexicans. It makes people have swollen lips and throats two days after.

one person needed an epi-pen.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

she’s sounding pretty hoarse and had to wipe her nose there :thunk:

also hilariously stupid to think the city would be liable for the harm done from…. a nasal swab

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
goddamn eric adams is even more of an absolutely monumental dumbass than I expected

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I forget my GATTACA and rna inverted version when I work with 0123456789ABCDE all day :laugh:
:lmao:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

over heard people talking about booster-shot side-effects.
They were both 20 to 30 mexicans. It makes people have swollen lips and throats two days after.

one person needed an epi-pen.

I don't think you can fit 20 to 30 Mexicans in a trench coat.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cool, just enough time for workers to catch covid and rest up before dropping dead on the job

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Washington Post addressing the important questions today.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ex post facho posted:

goddamn eric adams is even more of an absolutely monumental dumbass than I expected

I didn't know who he was until this week and I already consider him to be trump-level stupid.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't think you can fit 20 to 30 Mexicans in a trench coat.

drat it.
I meant 20 to 30 year olds

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/angrybklynmom/status/1479106510512738310

:ironicat:

We’re gonna find out this idiot is some single dude living in Brooklyn who just wanted to represent the frustrated moms out there aren’t we?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

^^^lmao jesus christ

Thoguh posted:

No one should be allowed to call in from home to support sending kids to schools. They should have two options. Either broadcast from their nearest Applebees, or broadcast from a classroom at their local school.

Ebola Roulette posted:

As the parent of a 3 year old this makes me see red. All the stupid liberals saying "it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated"

gently caress you my child literally can't get vaccinated

gently caress you
And gently caress you

And gently caress you

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Really takes me back to watching the plague ships dock in San Francisco in early 2020 :allears:

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1479163127044395016?s=20

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

On the subject of groceries, was thinking about the implications of grocery curbside pickup/deliveries right now. Your average respirator+goggle wearing triple+ vaccinated reader of this thread is likely better protected than most of the store workers that spend all day in the aisles fulfilling orders. At least those of us that aren't immunocompromised etc. In that case it seems gross to make these workers take additional risks getting your groceries when you'd be safer doing it yourself. Or is the rationale here that these workers are definitely getting COVID no matter what, so at least staying out of the store yourself decreases personal risk? Guess it could be argued that the less people in the store overall translates into lower community spread and case rates.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

referring to the nasal swabs as 'quasi medical procedure' made my blood boil

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:yeah:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

anybody have that discount code for master vlad's bad-rear end skeleton mask mods?

e:
:haibrow:

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

Wife just had a meeting about returning to the workplace (classroom). Enhanced measures include eating faster, a couple new HEPA filters, and wishing them the best????????? Lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Community colleges/unis/etc announcing '2 week online' segment ftw. My friend once took a class where his final you just told the teacher you did a good job. absolutely tears of blood in my eyes from jealousy. lol SDSU waited until the last moment to lock those student into leases.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

I finally picked up a pack of the milwaukee gasket valve masks. They're pretty expensive but they seem like they're great if you have a big face and want the best seal you can get without a respirator.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

huh, I figured national level republicans would at least know that the antivaxxing/restrictions stuff is just slop for the hogs and keep themselves safe in their personal lives, hence all the gop officials dying being mostly the lower level ones that are stupid enough to believe their own lies

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

lil poopendorfer posted:

Deconditioning would be my first guess, especially if you've been less active since getting sick or with the colder weather.

Less than 60 is really good, even if it creeped up a bit. Keep up the good work :coolfish:

Thanks, friend! Always appreciate your expertise, please continue to :justpost:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The game plan is literally to kill all the vulnerable and unvaccinated and hope the virus doesn't mutate to get the rest of us

Exactly what the libs blamed Trump for doing

ram dass in hell posted:

it's not exactly what the libs blamed trump for doing; when trump was doing it, the country wasn't currently seeing a million new cases a day, providing covid with the most ample opportunity for mutation and evolution it has ever had, creating a situation where the generation of a future series of variant waves that will truly never end is all but guaranteed lol
it's incredible

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Nocturtle posted:

On the subject of groceries, was thinking about the implications of grocery curbside pickup/deliveries right now. Your average respirator+goggle wearing triple+ vaccinated reader of this thread is likely better protected than most of the store workers that spend all day in the aisles fulfilling orders. At least those of us that aren't immunocompromised etc. In that case it seems gross to make these workers take additional risks getting your groceries when you'd be safer doing it yourself. Or is the rationale here that these workers are definitely getting COVID no matter what, so at least staying out of the store yourself decreases personal risk? Guess it could be argued that the less people in the store overall translates into lower community spread and case rates.

I’m immunocompromised so I guess I get a pass, but I try to soothe my guilt by placing orders for 8:00am when the store opens so that they can shop my order while the store is still closed.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FrancisFukyomama posted:

huh, I figured national level republicans would at least know that the antivaxxing/restrictions stuff is just slop for the hogs and keep themselves safe in their personal lives, hence all the gop officials dying being mostly the lower level ones that are stupid enough to believe their own lies

like 25% of deaths are vaccinated. he could be fully vaccinated and have every single treatment available and it could still be doing this to him. (mildly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
My college is in person starting Monday and I’ve already received an email from one professor who tested positive and will be holding the first week of class remotely